• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Please give Corrin another multiplier. I have more flags to spend.

Wouldn't count on it, last Robin multiplier was like a 3-4 billion gain, she'd need 6 billion gain right now to trigger another Corrin multiplier. You could get one later tonight when Corrin creeps slowly further ahead and gives Robin another multiplier that causes this seesaw effect again, but by then the point totals will be so high I'm not sure Robin can cover the gap anymore.

Damn that was a crazy Corrin jump.

Yeah a lot of Corrin players were able to jump me in standings, went from 96 to 155 after her multiplier. Wish I had more summer characters, I'm missing out on the 10% bonus this round.

Mupod

There is a section on the Enemy AI page on movement order:

So without seeing the map or units, there are at least two possible answers:

- The mage that moved before Azura and was danced had no Assist equipped
- You moved someone into possible range of one of their units (not them reaching you but you possibly reaching them) which the AI interprets as danger and uses Rally Assists. It is possible that mage used a Rally, and the very next action absolutely must have been getting danced by Azura.

The second situation is actually the normal one. Dancers move before ranged if nothing else is going on.

I keep an eye out for Rally buffs as I'm well aware of that tomfoolery. But I didn't realize that stuff like draw back/reciprocal aid would influence turn order. That must have been it, and why it's always seemed inconsistent. Still couldn't have beaten that team though, lol. Maybe I'll use double SP to get Nowi up and running but I don't even have a Fury 2 to spare for her.

PMS341

Just pulled my first Effie, but she's -DEF +RES. I feel like that is practically useless. I have bad luck with Blues (my Reinhardt also has terrible IVs). I sort of want to level her for shits and giggles anyways. Speaking of Blues, I also pulled another Clair (-SPD +RES), but I already have another 5* one that is +ATK. Should I just merge them at this point?

Just pulled my first Effie, but she's -DEF +RES. I feel like that is practically useless. I have bad luck with Blues (my Reinhardt also has terrible IVs). I sort of want to level her for shits and giggles anyways. Speaking of Blues, I also pulled another Clair (-SPD +RES), but I already have another 5* one that is +ATK. Should I just merge them at this point?

Hit and run has become an important skill for fliers so I would leave them unmerged.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm not sure if the Effie is that bad. Outranging her with magic is a very common counter to her, so the +res might be good.

PMS341

Hit and run has become an important skill for fliers so I would leave them unmerged.

Noted. I have pretty much zero good fliers currently, but in the future, if I get a Cordelia that isn't -SPD, it would be worth it no doubt.

I'm not sure if the Effie is that bad. Outranging her with magic is a very common counter to her, so the +res might be good.

Good point actually. I'm sure I can put her on a team to buff her DEF anyways.

Looking up builds for her, and I'm starting to get frustrated at how often I need to make use of Death Blow. I've run out of Ursulas. :(

Noted. I have pretty much zero good fliers currently, but in the future, if I get a Cordelia that isn't -SPD, it would be worth it no doubt.

Good point actually. I'm sure I can put her on a team to buff her DEF anyways.

Looking up builds for her, and I'm starting to get frustrated at how often I need to make use of Death Blow. I've run out of Ursulas. :(

You're in luck. Effie comes with death blow.

Roman

I keep an eye out for Rally buffs as I'm well aware of that tomfoolery. But I didn't realize that stuff like draw back/reciprocal aid would influence turn order. That must have been it, and why it's always seemed inconsistent. Still couldn't have beaten that team though, lol. Maybe I'll use double SP to get Nowi up and running but I don't even have a Fury 2 to spare for her.

The AI actually uses the assists differently:

Support Skills
Units will use their support skills under the following conditions:
For positioning skills (eg. Draw Back, Reposition) – To move an ally out of enemy range
For self-positioning skills (eg. Pivot) – To move themself closer to the enemy
For buff skills (eg. Rallies, Harsh Command) – If an ally is in enemy range
For healing skills (eg. Mend) – If a unit can be healed

Reposition and Draw back are used defensively to move allies out of your range, while Pivot is used offensively to get closer to your units if possible.

They don't use Rallies, Reposition or Draw Back if the AI doesn't expect combat to happen.

lt519

Nice. Seems Corrin will get out ahead again in about 7-8 hours forcing a multiplier and thus team Corrin will get one more multiplier.

Not late enough for Robin to win ):

Back to overall rank 36 after that last multiplier with 400 to spare for the next multiplier. Not sure if I should go with the winner next round or keep trying to finish as high a rank as possible for sport. Don't really need the feathers.

Mupod

Anyone have any arena defense team tips for someone who has gotten 1 defensive win the past few arena seasons.

running without a bonus unit is more points than not having a defense.

defenses for me either come in the first few hours or the weekend before the season ends.

people have been trained to back out of matches against cavalry or fliers because that shit is 10 times harder to fight against. Having one of those as your lead might be scaring people off. I personally still get defenses with cavalry leads, but if I see a spring camilla as leader I nope the fuck out.

I build teams based around what I hate fighting, that being cavalry mages and blade tomes. But oddly enough even though I see him as a non-issue, Hector tends to come through fairly reliably. I wonder if having higher stat totals means you fight people who take arena more seriously, and are more likely to surrender after losing 1 unit.

either way, defenses have been harder to come by for me too...the last two seasons I had lots, but Cecilia was a bonus and she's my strongest single character on a full cavalry team. Even then, I got no defenses until Sunday where I got 6+.

Akuun

I usually get one or no defenses per season. People are getting good at arena, or I don't think my units are great for defense. I dunno.

RedCoyote

If I hit Battle when the multiplier is active, but complete the map after the hour, do I still get the bonus?
Yes, it goes by when you hit battle, not when you finish (unless you finish after final tally). Pretty sure it's to prevent people from getting 3 multiplier votes in (as I had tried).

either way, defenses have been harder to come by for me too...the last two seasons I had lots, but Cecilia was a bonus and she's my strongest single character on a full cavalry team. Even then, I got no defenses until Sunday where I got 6+.

Sounds like Calvary team is the way to go. Currently only have Xander and Olwen at 5 star so it may take awhile to get going. I do have two 4* reinhardts but both are +spd :/ At least I have another thing to do to keep me from wasting orbs until hero fest.

Mupod

Sounds like Calvary team is the way to go. Currently only have Xander and Olwen at 5 star so it may take awhile to get going. I do have two 4* reinhardts but both are +spd :/ At least I have another thing to do to keep me from wasting orbs until hero fest.

maybe use them + dancer + bonus unit.

could give Xander Lunge + Fury (or just anything but triangle adept) and put Wings of Mercy on Olwen or a dancer to be a dick. I use Eldigan that way. Eldigan and Xander are fairly hard to kill on enemy phase unless they have Nowi or something. In particular my Eldigan is +spd so he actually is faster than Nowi. He's kind of like an annoying cruise missile that screws up positioning and opens up Wings of Mercy shenanigans after he survives combat.

just remember to take Lunge off when you use him, that's an unpleasant thing to get surprised by.

Anyone have any arena defense team tips for someone who has gotten 1 defensive win the past few arena seasons.

Your aim should be to kill one unit on the opponents team, this breaks a flawless run and many times the opponent will surrender at that point. To do that you want to create more scenarios and calculations for your opponents. This means things like wings of mercy, vantage, breaker skills, dancers, Calvary and ranged units, and movement support skills can all create surprises for your opponents. Things like Triangle Adept, rally skills, mostly melee, and armors with no wings of mercy make your teams more predictable, easier to separate, and in the case of triangle adept makes it easier to hard counter with the opposite color.

Reinhardt is by far the best unit to have on defense, as he just checks all the boxes for being a threat to eliminate one unit. Wings of Mercy on dancers and Hector is a close second.

Akuun

I know putting Rein in my defense team would make it easier for me to get defensive wins, but at the same time I don't want to be part of the problem. :(

maybe use them + dancer + bonus unit.

could give Xander Lunge + Fury (or just anything but triangle adept) and put Wings of Mercy on Olwen or a dancer to be a dick. I use Eldigan that way. Eldigan and Xander are fairly hard to kill on enemy phase unless they have Nowi or something. In particular my Eldigan is +spd so he actually is faster than Nowi. He's kind of like an annoying cruise missile that screws up positioning and opens up Wings of Mercy shenanigans after he survives combat.

just remember to take Lunge off when you use him, that's an unpleasant thing to get surprised by.

I think I'll try that Xander w/lunge build out thanks.

Your aim should be to kill one unit on the opponents team, this breaks a flawless run and many times the opponent will surrender at that point. To do that you want to create more scenarios and calculations for your opponents. This means things like wings of mercy, vantage, breaker skills, dancers, Calvary and ranged units, and movement support skills can all create surprises for your opponents. Things like Triangle Adept, rally skills, mostly melee, and armors with no wings of mercy make your teams more predictable, easier to separate, and in the case of triangle adept makes it easier to hard counter with the opposite color.

Reinhardt is by far the best unit to have on defense, as he just checks all the boxes for being a threat to eliminate one unit. Wings of Mercy on dancers and Hector is a close second.

Thanks for the tips, I haven't really SIed heroes specifically for arena defense so this is really useful.

Alucrid

Banned
what b skills are people using on s corrin and s camilla? desperation and green tomebreaker? also what's a good special for a Firesweep cordelia? thinking maybe luna

Roman

what b skills are people using on s corrin and s camilla? desperation and green tomebreaker? also what's a good special for a Firesweep cordelia? thinking maybe luna

Desperation on Corrin, Camilla's is rather flexible, can even be Wings, I've seen a +10 build with Water/Windsweep for certain matchups.

Cordelia can run Luna or Galeforce.

Akuun

S. Corrin has the same speed as a +spd Mae (pretty respectable but not crazy high), but with less atk. So I think she'd be mostly used to attack on player phase, relies on doubles to kill (maybe not when she has Blarblade?), and basically can't tank anything besides blue or red magic.

I put Desperation on my Corrin along with Darting Blow for a budget SI build that focuses on player phase (got Shannas and Florinas from rolling blues anyway). I don't think G. Tomebreaker is needed for her because she will likely have flier speed buffs that keep her from getting doubled anyway, and she's not really meant to pick fights with green mages in the first place.

lt519

I tend to get reliable defenses as long as I am in a certain score range. I think the majority of players hit 680-690, and as other mentioned, are the ones that quit when they lose a character. Also the most defenses come on the first day, so have your team ready the night before.

That usually means 3 fully SI'd 5* characters with badges and either a fully SI'd 4* character with a badge or a 4th 5* with a couple missing skills.

I had 10+ defenses with Rein, Camus, Xander, Full SI 4* Gunter and then when I ran a non-SI'd 4* Cecilia instead of Gunter on the next bonus cycle I didn't get a single defense. I'm back to Rein, Robin, Xander and partial 5* Titania and am getting plenty of defenses again. There seems to just be a sweet spot for getting more match-ups.

Alucrid

Banned
Desperation on Corrin, Camilla's is rather flexible, can even be Wings, I've seen a +10 build with Water/Windsweep for certain matchups.

Cordelia can run Luna or Galeforce.

S. Corrin has the same speed as a +spd Mae (pretty respectable but not crazy high), but with less atk. So I think she'd be mostly used to attack on player phase, relies on doubles to kill (maybe not when she has Blarblade?), and basically can't tank anything besides blue or red magic.

I put Desperation on my Corrin along with Darting Blow for a budget SI build that focuses on player phase (got Shannas and Florinas from rolling blues anyway). I don't think G. Tomebreaker is needed for her because she will likely have flier speed buffs that keep her from getting doubled anyway, and she's not really meant to pick fights with green mages in the first place.

thanks. i have a barblade and l&d to make up for a -atk on s corrin so desperation seems like the best bet. wings seems pretty good for camilla so she can reposition anyone out of danger, although windsweep sounds interesting for someone like hector

Akuun

thanks. i have a barblade and l&d to make up for a -atk on s corrin so desperation seems like the best bet. wings seems pretty good for camilla so she can reposition anyone out of danger, although windsweep sounds interesting for someone like hector
I saw a post about a Windsweep Hector a while back. Sounded expensive but interesting. The Hector was merged to have reasonably high speed (maybe was +spd too), had Windsweep on his B slot, then had the Phantom Speed seal.

The build basically forced units to attack into him and proc Armads' Quick Riposte because the standard counter of letting Hector attack into your red unit gave him a free Windsweep attack instead.

lt519

Doesn't look like there will be another multiplier for Robin, she only lost ~70 million last hour and needs to lose another ~900 million in 6 hours.

Doesn't look like there will be another multiplier for Robin, she only lost ~70 million last hour and needs to lose another ~900 million in 6 hours.
Which is weird because she was losing a lot more ground earlier today. Feel like team Robin is clawing and scratching and then are going to toss the last couple of hours to end on a multiplier.

lt519

Which is weird because she was losing a lot more ground earlier today. Feel like team Robin is clawing and scratching and then are going to toss the last couple of hours to end on a multiplier.

Haha it'd be the smart thing to do, Elise came within 70mil on a last hour multiplier. But I think the total volume was higher before so a 60m spread now was a 120m spread earlier. People might be tapping out on flags, or Team Corrin is slow playing it enough so Robin doesn't get a last hour multiplier. There's some neat reddit charts. If it were only a 1.1bil spread needed like earlier I could see reaching it, but 1.9ish is going to be too much ground to lose.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxAC7aTAl7ZmrM4dQX-5jMY1cihagCtieLquruI1bPs/htmlview#

ZrXCzVu.png

Robin is just over a billion points behind. How much more until the multiplier kicks in?

Corrin's lead over Robin is only increasing at about 65-70 million points/hour so it doesn't look like there will be enough time for the multiplier to kick in. The difference would need to be around 1.7 - 1.8 billion to kick in at this point.

Edit: beaten

Sushen

We know armored type has higher defense. Is it the def number we see or there is a multiplier to it?

How about the dragon type? Is it def or res or both? And is there a multiplier to it beyond the def and red numbers?

jnWake

We know armored type has higher defense. Is it the def number we see or there is a multiplier to it?

How about the dragon type? Is it def or res or both? And is there a multiplier to it beyond the def and red numbers?

Armored units defense is just the number you see in DEF. No additional multiplier.

Not sure what you mean by the second question but Dragonstone users deal Magic damage. No multipliers either.

Sushen

Armored units defense is just the number you see in DEF. No additional multiplier.

Not sure what you mean by the second question but Dragonstone users deal Magic damage. No multipliers either.
So armored unit's 32 def is the same as red unit's def, huh?

I thought dragon types are more durable than others.

So armored unit's 32 def is the same as red unit's def, huh?

I thought dragon types are more durable than others.

Dragons and Armored units get their "advantage" from having a higher BST. Armored having the highest at 168. This means more points into stats with HP, Def, and Res being the biggest beneficiaries.

So I just started seriously playing this game after my phone got wiped and my other gacha games (as a result) had their data deleted. Between this and Fate GO I'm kinda lost as a beginner lol. This is the team I have after about a week of playing (and 2 sets of summons)

Any advice on what to do from this point? Or should I just keep on grinding training tower and story mode? I've really just been doing daily quests and then some.

So I just started seriously playing this game after my phone got wiped and my other gacha games (as a result) had their data deleted. Between this and Fate GO I'm kinda lost as a beginner lol. This is the team I have after about a week of playing (and 2 sets of summons)

Any advice on what to do from this point? Or should I just keep on grinding training tower and story mode? I've really just been doing daily quests and then some.

Did you link your Nintendo account? You can get your data back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom