• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chauzu

No chance IMO. I am convinced the coins will be spent on stuff relating to skills. Ether a Sacred Seal Shop, or a Skill Shop with Daily selections.

There isn't even a guarantee that whatever they are for will go live with the August update, they may just let you start collecting them, and open up the store for them in September.

My theory is we'll get a 1* hero shop.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Minerva is tempting just to have access to Ward Fliers, but I have to hoard orbs for now, in hopes of pulling Odin and whatever the next worthwhile blue unit is from a banner. Summer Corrin is already pretty beastly with flier buffs, but a Blarblade would really put her over the edge.

Ninferno

L&D banner is not bad, but I already have Hana and Jaffar. Minerva is tempting, but that's just one color, and it couldn't have arrived at a worse time, literally just before August the 7th aka the 3-4 swap. :(

Wondering what will replace the cavalry banner tomorrow though. If it is a flier banner with Hinoka, it will be very hard to fight the temptation of Hone Flier. urrrgh, must resist anything IS throws at me now and stand strong until the Celica banner and Hero Fest arrive.

spiritfox

L&D banner is not bad, but I already have Hana and Jaffar. Minerva is tempting, but that's just one color, and it couldn't have arrived at a worse time, literally just before August the 7th aka the 3-4 swap. :(

Wondering what will replace the cavalry banner tomorrow though. If it is a flier banner with Hinoka, it will be very hard to fight the temptation of Hone Flier. Must resist anything IS throws at me know, at least until the Celica banner and Hero Fest arrive.

Oh right, we don't get the free pull too.

I would like a flier banner, if only for the quest orbs.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Tempting, but I'm going to continue saving for Hero Fest and the Dreams of pulling Ninian.

Also still have to try and get a 40% unit for the Tempest Trial, and will be pulling that banner if I get Ninian.

Ninferno

Oh right, we don't get the free pull too.

I would like a flier banner, if only for the quest orbs.

Yeah. With Scorn raising the interest level of Flier Emblem, imagine if they put Hinoka and Caeda on a banner tomorrow.

But enough dreaming already, we are surely getting Summoning Focus: Armored featuring
Draug, Gwendolyn, and Sheena
instead.

Lelou

I don't get why i always waste my 200 accumulated f2p orbs on banners i don't care of, after i promise to myself only to make a couple to pulls to kill my boredom.

How?
is it addicting as a drug to my brain?

spiritfox

I don't get why i always waste my 200 accumulated f2p orbs on banners i don't care of, after i promise to myself only to make a couple to pulls to kill my boredom.

How?
is it addicting as a drug to my brain?

Gambling is an addiction for a reason. If you don't enforce your limits you'll end up spending too much.

LAD banner?

giphy.gif

Roman

Minerva is tempting just to have access to Ward Fliers, but I have to hoard orbs for now, in hopes of pulling Odin and whatever the next worthwhile blue unit is from a banner. Summer Corrin is already pretty beastly with flier buffs, but a Blarblade would really put her over the edge.

Ward Fliers is by far the least useful flier buff unless you have a very unusual composition with Michalis/Beruka and/or really need to give Shanna enough Res to live Reinhardt.

There is strong consensus that fliers prefer all out offense and maybe one unit for enemy phase, so Hone and Goad are more useful.

However, Minerva is very much worth getting for being an amazing unit herself, especially since Herofest might provide players with spare Ikes.

_Legacy_

Nice try with the LAD banner, I'm saving my orbs for now. Got to stay strong, ha!

I'd love a Minerva but the next Trails banner is where my orbs will be going.

Trunx28

dammit! Was looking for a honorable fellow to promote to 5* as I have 20k feathers but .. every. single. unit. has bad IV. Eirika -atk, MRobin -spd, Lilina -atk, Effie -atk, Titania -atk, Kagero -atk, Camilla -atk .. Only one of my Olivias is +atk, but -spd so she's also not worthy. WHYYY

dammit! Was looking for a honorable fellow to promote to 5* as I have 20k feathers but .. every. single. unit. has bad IV. Eirika -atk, MRobin -spd, Lilina -atk, Effie -atk, Titania -atk, Kagero -atk, Camilla -atk .. Only one of my Olivias is +atk, but -spd so she's also not worthy. WHYYY

Have you promoted the starters?

Bovine

Neo Member
Got myself Summer Corrin! A +Atk -Res is pretty good, might actually build her. I also got two crappy Xanders (a -Atk and a -Spd). I'm done with banners until CYL, got to get my orb count back up.

Roman

How should I build a +spd -def Marth? I'm fairly low on inheritance fodder though.

Assuming this is about arena, I'd just go with the typical melee bruiser build - Fury/Moonbow/Vantage. Swordbreaker is an option to duel Ryoma/Ike.

With Fury (and Falchion) his statline becomes 41/50/40/28/26. Fast enough to even tank magic if you really need him to.

Semajer

Assuming this is about arena, I'd just go with the typical melee bruiser build - Fury/Moonbow/Vantage. Swordbreaker is an option to duel Ryoma/Ike.

With Fury (and Falchion) his statline becomes 41/50/40/28/26. Fast enough to even tank magic if you really need him to.

It's more for Tempest Trials to have a decent red unit. I just want to check if there's something simple I can stick on him to make him for useful.

Mupod

jesus I have my Hector set up to tank QP/moonbow Reinhardts, with sacred cowl/QP of his own. I ran into one with draconic aura and no QP that somehow brought him to 4 HP, would've easily killed if not for sacred cowl. I didn't lose any units but I need to figure out what the hell unholy combination of abilities allowed that to happen. No Goad+Hone involved as it was just him and Xander alive.

At any rate, I'm trying to boost up my score by running ryoma/MRobin/hector/azura and it was fine until I ran into a Celica that could somehow kill a buffed TA2 MRobin. Doesn't really matter as I still needed to do 16+ more matches just for daily quests but jesus christ. I'm not really getting consistent scores either, higher than horse emblem but not by much. I could run Nowi instead of Azura but that seems like it would push me into impossible to win territory. Nowi isn't done yet either.

Maybe just doing 2-3 matches with that super high BST team and switching back to cavalry would get me over 4790. Even that score might be enough for T20, but it'd be VERY close.

edit: oh I think i know what caused the Hector close call. I usually run with Fortify Res but since my team is set up differently he only had +2 from the seal. Still.

It's more for Tempest Trials to have a decent red unit. I just want to check if there's something simple I can stick on him to make him for useful.

Do you have a Renewal 3 available? That plus falchion and Reciprocal Aid would make him a great help for tempest trials. Then you could go cheap on the A Skill with something like Speed or Attack 3

Semajer

Do you have a Renewal 3 available? That plus falchion and Reciprocal Aid would make him a great help for tempest trials. Then you could go cheap on the A Skill with something like Speed or Attack 3

That's a good idea. I do have some Renewal though I might have to spend some feathers.

Roman

jesus I have my Hector set up to tank QP/moonbow Reinhardts, with sacred cowl/QP of his own. I ran into one with draconic aura and no QP that somehow brought him to 4 HP, would've easily killed if not for sacred cowl. I didn't lose any units but I need to figure out what the hell unholy combination of abilities allowed that to happen. No Goad+Hone involved as it was just him and Xander alive.

At any rate, I'm trying to boost up my score by running ryoma/MRobin/hector/azura and it was fine until I ran into a Celica that could somehow kill a buffed TA2 MRobin. Doesn't really matter as I still needed to do 16+ more matches just for daily quests but jesus christ. I'm not really getting consistent scores either, higher than horse emblem but not by much. I could run Nowi instead of Azura but that seems like it would push me into impossible to win territory. Nowi isn't done yet either.

Maybe just doing 2-3 matches with that super high BST team and switching back to cavalry would get me over 4790. Even that score might be enough for T20, but it'd be VERY close.

edit: oh I think i know what caused the Hector close call. I usually run with Fortify Res but since my team is set up differently he only had +2 from the seal. Still.

I currently run practically the same DC composition - Ike/Hector/Nowi/Anna and don't have any problems, this week's arena rotation is particularly easy for enemy phase units.

Getting into tier 20 at this point apparently only requires 4800+, so you can even do it with 686 point matches. You also really do not need a dancer.

If you are still struggling, we have a channel in the Discord specifically for analyzing AI behavior and helping players out - last weekend I had a rough crash course on it with some of the best players I know teaching me (one of them wrote the Enemy AI page on the wiki).

Since knowing about many of the underlying AI mechanics my arena experience has improved dramatically, and I basically use 690s for AI research at this point (without losing units).
We also use that channel for tough situation puzzles that we figure out together, it's definitely very informative.

lt519

I think I'm going to build my masked Marth up like this. I need a good melee healer. I think I might do the same with Fae.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I never had and experienced an addiction for anything, that's why i'm still shocked about my own reaction.

It's scary :O
Gacha games are a sort of soft gambling that's currently not as regulated as it should be, and gambling can be just as addictive as drugs. In both cases, the person is chasing a high.

So definitely be careful, and don't let things get out of control.

Yes go Robin Go!
so that you put Corrin into multiplier range

I'm doubting Robin can put up the 2.5 billion to reciprocate the bonus. Corrin has this in the bag unless Robin gets another bonus really close to the end kind of like what happened with Elise. They should really disable catch up for the last 6 hours

Honestly, they should just randomize what team you get thrown into. The voting gauntlets aren't and probably won't ever use characters of similar popularity. Everyone is just trying to figure out how to get the most feathers with the least amount of effort possible.

Mupod

I currently run practically the same DC composition - Ike/Hector/Nowi/Anna and don't have any problems, this week's arena rotation is particularly easy for enemy phase units.

Getting into tier 20 at this point apparently only requires 4800+, so you can even do it with 686 point matches. You also really do not need a dancer.

If you are still struggling, we have a channel in the Discord specifically for analyzing AI behavior and helping players out - last weekend I had a rough crash course on it with some of the best players I know teaching me (one of them wrote the Enemy AI page on the wiki).

Since knowing about many of the underlying AI mechanics my arena experience has improved dramatically, and I basically use 690s for AI research at this point (without losing units).
We also use that channel for tough situation puzzles that we figure out together, it's definitely very informative.

yeah I saw the post about the AI channel a while ago. If I have time I'll check in, I've probably seen more AI weirdness than most people since I relied on enemy phase teams a lot for a long time. Saying I'm 'struggling' is a bit silly though since it was literally just one bad match of 20+, which mostly only happened because I got lazy with team comp this week. I don't need a dancer I just don't feel like thinking hard or finishing Nowi. But yeah it's definitely a better map rotation than That Fucking Boat and Breakable Walls Hell.

Now on the subject of AI puzzles, that Celica match actually had a bit of odd AI behaviour which is what caused the problem (aside from me simply not having a viable counter for that team). Was wondering if you could help figure it out actually. I'll describe as best as I can since I can't do images here.

I was on the map with checkerboard defense tiles and two vertical lines of breakable walls - normally very easy for me and in fact I had just done a similar match on that one. On both matches, the enemy arrangement was mage-azura-mage-mage. I had started the previous match by moving Hector up to one square out of range of the blue mage to the right of Azura, which prompted her to dance that mage to attack Hector and get killed.

The Celica match though, I did the exact same with MRobin. Except this time, Azura moved before Celica, and therefore did not use dance. This didn't matter anyways because apparently Robin would've been ORKO'd regardless, but that's what confuses me. I'm curious why the dancer chose to move first instead of dancing for a kill as they normally would. But even if the dance results in the attacker dying they usually still go for it, as evidenced by the preceding match.

Sushen

Everyone is just trying to figure out how to get the most feathers with the least amount of effort possible.
That is the name of this mode, and this guessing and second guessing how it's going to work out is pretty interesting to me. I have barely played this mode this time around. So, it's been a casual experiment.

Assuming Robin is going to lose, I need to figure out whether joining Corrin vs the other dude will net me more feathers.

lt519

I'm doubting Robin can put up the 2.5 billion to reciprocate the bonus. Corrin has this in the bag unless Robin gets another bonus really close to the end kind of like what happened with Elise. They should really disable catch up for the last 6 hours

Honestly, they should just randomize what team you get thrown into. The voting gauntlets aren't and probably won't ever use characters of similar popularity. Everyone is just trying to figure out how to get the most feathers with the least amount of effort possible.

Corrin is down by 1.5 bil, 10% is the magic number right? So she should have a boost right now?

Yesssssssss!!!!! Corrin Multiplier is go!!! Thanks Robin.

Next few hours are going to be electric.

Yup, its going to seesaw with multipliers for the next two hours haha. Depending on how much Robin pulls ahead by on her last multiplier it took 9 hours last time to get another one. So time is not on her side for a last hour multiplier.

Agreed but its a lot more fun than just seeing your choice get blown up by 10 billion points and not have a chance.

I still have 800 flags left for Robin...

Roman

I was on the map with checkerboard defense tiles and two vertical lines of breakable walls - normally very easy for me and in fact I had just done a similar match on that one. On both matches, the enemy arrangement was mage-azura-mage-mage. I had started the previous match by moving Hector up to one square out of range of the blue mage to the right of Azura, which prompted her to dance that mage to attack Hector and get killed.

The Celica match though, I did the exact same with MRobin. Except this time, Azura moved before Celica, and therefore did not use dance. This didn't matter anyways because apparently Robin would've been ORKO'd regardless, but that's what confuses me. I'm curious why the dancer chose to move first instead of dancing for a kill as they normally would. But even if the dance results in the attacker dying they usually still go for it, as evidenced by the preceding match.

There is a section on the Enemy AI page on movement order:

Movement Order
The order enemy units will move is as follows:
Melee Units (No Support Skill)
Ranged Units (No Support Skill)
Melee Units (With Support Skill)
Ranged Units (With Support Skill)
Units with no Attack (eg. Healers)

So without seeing the map or units, there are at least two possible answers:

- The mage that moved before Azura and was danced had no Assist equipped
- You moved someone into possible range of one of their units (not them reaching you but you possibly reaching them) which the AI interprets as danger and uses Rally Assists. It is possible that mage used a Rally, and the very next action absolutely must have been getting danced by Azura.

The second situation is actually the normal one. Dancers move before ranged if nothing else is going on.

Ninferno

That sucks. At least Blade tomes can more than compensate for the loss of 3 Atk. Sucks if you wanted a Raven build though.

Scorn's below average DEF is not suitable for raven tomes anyway. And class specific buffs are so broken in this game that raven tomes are generally only worthwhile for infantries.

Scorn's below average DEF is not suitable for raven tomes anyway. And class specific buffs are so broken in this game that raven tomes are generally only worthwhile for infantries.

Some people like the Raven Tome on Camilla because she does high defense. But I agree, Blade Tome all the way. Chain maps and Tempest Trials have only made Blade tomes more valuable.

lt519

Wow Corrin took a massssive lead there. Robin back with the multiplier. Curious how this will play out, she'll catch up but not enough to remain in the multiplier, which means one more multiplier tonight at some point.

Wow Corrin took a massssive lead there. Robin back with the multiplier. Curious how this will play out, she'll catch up but not enough to remain in the multiplier, which means one more multiplier tonight at some point.

I think she'll get close but not overtake Corrin this time and then later today Robin will be back into multiplier. I don't think the timing will be right for Robin though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom