• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfox

So I just started seriously playing this game after my phone got wiped and my other gacha games (as a result) had their data deleted. Between this and Fate GO I'm kinda lost as a beginner lol. This is the team I have after about a week of playing (and 2 sets of summons)

Any advice on what to do from this point? Or should I just keep on grinding training tower and story mode? I've really just been doing daily quests and then some.

Can't see your pic Shadow.

ggx2ac

I went with Summer F Corrin for the voting gauntlet from the beginning.

Very close match with Elise and I thought Summer F Robin was going to win since her banner was around for longer.

What's the absolute best nature for Subaki? I got so many of them I could reach +15 probably
Had my pity rate ruined by Xander because I had no blue orbs again. Sigh.
at least it wasn't Elise or you'd have to...
e8a.jpg

lt519

I guess go team Gaius tomorrow if you want to go for overall score. I'm top 100 still but not sure I'd stay top 1000 if I go Corrin tmw.

Ninferno

Just as the spreadsheet and math have predicted, Gaius won solely because of multiplier, AGAIN. At this rate, the multiplier is officially the electoral college; you are more likely to win if you are more popular but there is some serious chance you can still lose (unless the disparity is so huge like Corrin v. Elise). And Gaius is like, if you are literally the first one in FEH's history to win just because of multiplier, you might as well also be the second. lol

Probably won't be the third though, but Scorn really only just barely escaped the same fate of "last hour multiplier upset" herself this round.

Tripon

I thought Gaius had a chance to win the 1st round. Now, I'm riding him to the final, and just can't want multiplier, after multiplier over the next two days.

Are people mad or surprised? The multiplier is supposed to give chances.

Just. Let. Popular. Characters. Win.

the only reason people bitched about it in the first place was cause they couldn't handle 3DS characters winning, and if IS really wanted to address that maybe they should, I don't know, put Ike in a gauntlet instead of resorting to backhanded measures

Multiplier is only thing that gives the Guantelt value right now. Boring as fuck the other way, you know who is going to win before it starts and was all about who could grind out the most battles in a week window. With this at least there is trying to time your flags, deciding between underdog/winner to maximize overall and per round flags.

so? the entire mode needs to be overhauled, multipliers only cause more issues

lt519

Multiplier is only thing that gives the Guantelt value right now. Boring as fuck the other way, you know who is going to win before it starts and was all about who could grind out the most battles in a week window. With this at least there is trying to time your flags, deciding between underdog/winner to maximize overall and per round flags.

Ninferno

Yeah. As an anti-grinding person, I'm all for flags and multipliers. I even consider them QoL improvement because you just use your flags when multipliers hit (and probably when you need that extra push to make tier cut-offs) and you are pretty much done, as fights without flags don't make much difference.

As a result, I do think the gauntlets now is better than the gauntlets 5 months ago. But that is not to say it is perfect; it still feels too random at its current form. That said, I don't know how exactly they can improve from here either, because that really depends on what IS want to achieve; maybe they really like the randomness. Anyway, things like "multiplier only applies to team scores, not personal scores" can still be a good start, but who really knows.

OMG Aero

Chrom Vs Ephraim was easily the most exciting round I've played in a voting gauntlet and that was before the multiplier.

Chauzu

Did someone steal your candy

Chrom Vs Ephraim was easily the most exciting round I've played in a voting gauntlet and that was before the multiplier.
You do know that basically 50/50 matches are super rare right? And it really needs to be 50/50, any deviation without multiplier means the round is decided after the first hour.

Ninferno

Sorry, imgur was being dumb and I thought Google drive was an okay replacement. Won't make that mistake again.
Unless this doesn't work again and I look like a fool lol.

Looks like you already have a solid foundation right there. Ryoma and Linde get you well covered in red and blue; you are just lacking green. You can try on Minerva's banner; she's pretty good right out of box so whoever just started the game can benefit a lot from her. Or you can wait for the Hero Fest with Julia, plus Ike (though you are not in desperate need of him since you already have Ryoma) and Ninian can also be quite helpful. Even the summer banner with S!Elise and S!Xander aren't half bad; you get higher chance for a green 5*, and S!Elise is a great green mage.

As for feather investment, maybe your priority would be to promote the starter trio to 4* to get your arena going and brings in feathers/orbs consistently. Besides that, get your core team (Ryoma + Linde, and hopefully a good green) ready (lv40 and some suitable SI) before Xander and Camus GHB reruns hit; you do not want to miss those. Fortunately, judging by the schedule we know for now, you should have plenty of time to prepare for that.

Sushen

I think his priority should be increase the team size. There are plenty of good units, so never snipe for certain colors for now. Many units are usable or at least decent skill fodder. The game is guiding us to have multiple teams with latest directions, any way.

Looks like you already have a solid foundation right there. Ryoma and Linde get you well covered in red and blue; you are just lacking green. You can try on Minerva's banner; she's pretty good right out of box so whoever just started the game can benefit a lot from her. Or you can wait for the Hero Fest with Julia, plus Ike (though you are not in desperate need of him since you already have Ryoma) and Ninian can also be quite helpful. Even the summer banner with S!Elise and S!Xander aren't half bad; you get higher chance for a green 5*, and S!Elise is a great green mage.

As for feather investment, maybe your priority would be to promote the starter trio to 4* to get your arena going and brings in feathers/orbs consistently. Besides that, get your core team (Ryoma + Linde, and hopefully a good green) ready (lv40 and some suitable SI) before Xander and Camus GHB reruns hit; you do not want to miss those. Fortunately, judging by the schedule we know for now, you should have plenty of time to prepare for that.

I think his priority should be increase the team size. There are plenty of good units, so never snipe for certain colors for now. Many units are usable or at least decent skill fodder. The game is guiding us to have multiple teams with latest directions, any way.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep a lookout for a good banner to pull on and weigh my options. My defensive team shown in the pic had actually pulled in one or two defenses every couple of days, probably mostly cause of Ryoma.

For greens, is Camilla worth investing feathers in? Or is it better to just hope I pull a nice 5 star?

Ninferno

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep a lookout for a good banner to pull on and weigh my options. My defensive team shown in the pic had actually pulled in one or two defenses every couple of days, probably mostly cause of Ryoma.

For greens, is Camilla worth investing feathers in? Or is it better to just hope I pull a nice 5 star?

Not that great OOTB. You could probably use it for now and switch as you come across better ones.

Ninferno

Hmm, next hour is Team Scorn's only chance to get a multiplier; Team Scorn should stop voting now or else it is up to Team Gaius to over-perform, which isn't very likely because Team Gaius is going to have so many multiplier that they are in no hurry to spend flags...

the only reason people bitched about it in the first place was cause they couldn't handle 3DS characters winning,

The hypocrisy here of you not being able to handle the idea your favourites not winning is flying right over your head isn't it?

The point of the multiplier is to make it so 7/8 teams aren't redundant and not worth playing before the gauntlet even begins. They chose to actually want people to play the game over having a monthly popularity contest, and I'm sorry that point isn't enough for you.

Cerium

Finally, today, after about 250 free orbs, I got Summer Corrin.

Along the way I somehow picked up 5* Catria, 5* Hinoka, and 5* Soren too.

Well, the amusement that Gaius could only do this much even after two straight hours of bonuses was kinda worth the hour of sleep waiting for the possible Corrin one.

Shito

No banner to replace the cavalry one, lame.

And they now have this beginners' guide web page thingy. Hope it is good.
New banners are useless right now, everyone's waiting for the new 4 star rates and the free pulls coming in just a few days.
I know I am! ^^

Mupod

Made it to 4812 by running Ryoma, Hector (sacred cowl+QP), MRobin (TA2) and my -atk +spd fury/QR Nowi. I used them for 6 matches and then switched to horse emblem for an easy 7th, even this was more points than I need to get back into 20.

Nowi is a beast on defensive tiles, especially with Robin giving her 6 defense from spur def 3 + the seal. I accidentally had her in range of a fully kitted-out Bridelia who rallied Azura and got danced, but she took a pitiful amount of damage. I only have fury 2, and -atk makes her damage a little unreliable but it seemed to work out. With Hector's speed buff and the seal she sits at 37 speed, even Lucina couldn't kill her.

I do feel like overall I got lucky though. I dodged Horse Emblem when I could because they were low point teams, but outside of a few Xanders on mixed squads I didn't run into any cavalry. Worst thing I saw was this whale spawn, also on that Bridelia team:

I had to bust out the calculator. It ended up being better for Hector to stand on a non-defense tile, because he did exactly 39 damage to her that way and she didn't get a chance to double him.

I had to bust out the calculator. It ended up being better for Hector to stand on a non-defense tile, because he did exactly 39 damage to her that way and she didn't get a chance to double him.

For clarification: This is on the map with forts in the middle arranged in a checkerboard pattern (i.e. Holing up in a fort would mean ranged attackers would also hole up), yes?

Would it be easier to rank higher in team Corrin? I need to decide the team.

Team Corrin is more popular. Better to go Team Gaius if you're aiming for a high overall score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom