• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

image.png

First map seemed the hardest because I used a subpar team.

explodet

Oh man, having it cost 1 stamina to reroll the tower would have been diet cola evil.

One of these days I'm going to retry Squad Assault. Last time I tried it I got sent home packing immediately.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So after some rerolls (I don’t know what I’m doing) I got

Robin 4*
Swimsuit Corrin 5*
Athena 4*
Cain 4*
Jagen 4*

Is that a strong start?

Some Easter eggs for the Hero Catalog.

When tapping the chibi sprites...
Single tap: Attack animation
Slow double tap: Double attack animation
Quick double tap: Injury animation
Hold down on chibi: Special attack animation

All accompanied by the appropriate voice clips.

FYI: Dragons are a bit different.

Sterok

Squad Assault 2 done after like 4 stamina potions.

Map 1: Rein, Cecilia, Camilla, Azama (filler). This is a nightmare if you can't one round Takumi and get him to safety. Blowing Rein here sucks though.

Map 2: Male Robin, Summer Fred, Celica, Wrys. Tank and retaliate. Need a special set of counters to deal with these guys. Though I guess Hector could manage this pretty well.

Map 3: Sharena, Olwen, Summer Tiki, Lucina. Olwen needs to to safely one round the lance knight and Tharja. For the latter she needed Lucina's Spur Attack. So much health on these people.

Map 4: Eirika, Tharja, Cherche, Mathilda. Mathilda's Ridersbane is actually good for once, killing that red mage cav. The AI loves moving awkwardly here, which is annoying.

Map 5: Ephraim, Young Tiki, Camus, Nino. Desperation Nino needs the speed seal to take down Soren. Tiki needed to remove Moonbow and lower to Lightning Breath to not kill someone. A nightmare of shuffling everyone around. Perfect positioning required.

Still one of the best modes in the game. Really puts your team building skills to the test.

Mupod

Map 1: Hector, 4* Subaki/Gwendolyn/Lilina. Gwen and Lilina are just there to buff Hector and Subaki handles Ryoma. This actually got hairy because I had to go bowbreaker 3 on Hector to survive, but losing Vantage means Sakura can kill him so I had to do some messy stuff with Lilina and Subaki to wear her down. But winning with these goobers freed up some strong units later.

Map 2: TA2, quick riposte MRobin, Genny, Sharena, Michalis. Michalis just flies into the corner and does nothing. Robin solos the map buffed by Sharena, with a few heals.

Map 3: Nino, Linde, Azura, Ike. Nino murders that jacked up 83HP lancer as well as Robin. Linde and Azura tag team Tharja and Ike kills the axe. I feel like I could have done this with weaker units, but oh well.

Map 4: This one was a bastard. Lucina, Olivia, Hawkeye and Nowi got it done, but I had to change my strategy when I saw the red mage had 41 freaking res. Hawkeye with buffs killed the lance flier and moved into position with Nowi. Nowi and Hawkeye (whose special was now charged) were barely able to kill Camus. Lucina with a dance killed the red mage and had no trouble mopping up Michalis.

Map 5: Brought out horse emblem for this. Actually had an awkward moment at the start because the bow/vantage guy would survive Cecilia with 1 hp...if I did it again I'd equip the atk+1 seal. But it worked out fine, last turn I had exactly 4 squares to retreat to so I didn't even have to engage Soren.

I was pretty conservative with my units and I didn't use a few strong guys like Ryoma or Eldigan. This also marks the first time in history that Hawkeye was useful.

Sushen

Beating the squad assault 2 wasn't too bad at all, haha. Just no defense this season sucks, not yo mention running out of flags more than 10 hours to go.

Update:
Map1 - Reinhardt murdered Takumi, and the rest just took care of itself.
Map2 - Hector took hits and killed one by one while Sakura refilled his health.
Map3 - Sonya for blues including MRobin and Bride Caeda for the red mage. Lucina for the axe dude.
Map4 - my Bride Cordelia + Nino team with help of Azura killed all one by one.
Map5 - horse team with hit and run strategy just worked.

I barely played during Round 3 and I still finished at #46514 in Corrin's Army with a measly 154,000 Points. I would have made a killing on Gaius' team, but I just chose the obvious winner for the hell of it. I think people are getting tired of these, so high scores are really easy.

I did rack up 1,224,310 overall due to the first two Rounds, so I got an effortless 4200 Feathers at the end of the event.

So, we'll know what the Sacred Coins do in a few hours, I suppose.

lt519

Whew.

Also final map on squad assualt, can not survive long enough, the green mage keeps getting me. Need to come up with a better team comp, I've got Camus and Xander to anchor the team and have plenty of options left over but my only red mages are 4* Sophia, Lilina, and Tharja. I've got Celica but not leveled at all.

I've been using my Mainstays to get there so notably I've used up Rein, Titania, Nino and Robin. I've got Nowi, Azura, bunch of Red Swords, Kageo, Jaffar, Julia, Fae. Problem is the red mage that usually tags along up the right side with the green mage.

Here's what I have left, any ideas? Celica is still being leveled.

Busaiku

Map 1 - Hector, Mae, Tharja, Xander
Hector tanked Takumi, Hinoka, and Sakura. Tharja healed Hector (never attacked). Xander tanked Ryoma (poetry, etc) and Mae helped weaken him.

Map 2 - Soren, Lyn, Sharena, Sakura
Soren tanked the lower ninja. Lyn got first hit on the upper ninja, Soren picked it up. Sharena tanked Matthew, she and Soren picked him off. Lyn tanked and brushed off Serra. Sakura healed.

Map 3 - Kagero, Anna, Linde, Olivia
Linde tanked Tharja and took apart her and the armor. Kagero tanked Robin, could've taken him out, but I just used Linde instead, since I need the SP. Anna takes the Axe Cavalier. Kagero could assist, but I didn't.

Map 4 - Ike, Spring Lucina, Camilla, Azura
Spring Lucina attacks then tanks the red cavalier. Ike is mainly used as Repositioned for Camilla and Spring Lucina, but he tanks Michalis. He and Spring Lucina finish him. Camilla beats the Blue flier and Camus.

Map 5 - Leo, Titania, Camus, Reinhardt
Can't remember exactly what I did, cause as I was redoing it for the writeup, I accidentally got Camilla beaten in map 4 cause I forgot to get position Ike to tank Michalis. But, I start off with Reinhardt taking out the archer and then he and Leo take out the Blue cavalier. Leo tanks the green cavalier. Soren could come from the left or the right, can't remember how I positioned the units to get the 2 patterns. Beat it with the 4 in the upper right.

Sushen

I've been using my Mainstays to get there so notably I've used up Rein, Titania, Nino and Robin. I've got Nowi, Azura, bunch of Red Swords, Kageo, Jaffar, Julia, Fae. Problem is the red mage that usually tags along up the right side with the green mage.
In my situation, I used Cecila to damaged the green mage and had Xander to finish him off and tanked the red mage for a turn.

lt519

In my situation, I used Cecila to damaged the green mage and had Xander to finish him off and tanked the red mage for a turn.

My Xander is getting banged up by the bow user, I think I'll have to plan out the fight differently. Seems like I should be able to do this. I might try subbing Fae for Julia. But Julia has been doing the majority of my damage output. I may be able to get Selise in the last round instead of Julia but I'm not sure that helps. I could try and find a way to swing Mathilda in the last round as well, but everyone else is basically locked into my path to the 5th fight.

Damnit, had it and there's a damn bow user with Vantage, wasn't paying attention.

Saving your horse team for the last map is a good idea. If you can sacrifice one horse for a dancer I think it is even better.

Reinhardt with a pony buff takes out the bow user. Just need someone with reposition of draw back to get him out of range of Soren.

lt519

Saving your horse team for the last map is a good idea. If you can sacrifice one horse for a dancer I think it is even better.

Reinhardt with a pony buff takes out the bow user. Just need someone with reposition of draw back to get him out of range of Soren.

Yeah, I'm gonna need to just redo the first map so I don't have to waste Rein. Xander can bait kill the bow user but leaves him with 8 HP.

No way out ): Camus and Xander can't do all the heavy lifting.

After all the hoopla the projected gauntlet winner still easily takes the crown. I hope this was the last one.

The new Squad Assault was a bit tricky but I finally got it down. The fourth map was the hardest to figure out, personally.

#1 Camus, Takumi, Masked Marth, Lissa
#2 Saizo, Summer Frederick, Summer Xander, Lucius
#3 Hawkeye, Ike, Bride Caeda, Spring Lucina
#4 Julia, Olivia, Bride Cordelia, Summer Elise
#5 Ryoma, Frederick, Linde, Mist

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Squad Assault complete! Was fairly simple after deciding to spend Xander on all the dumb ninjas in Round 2.

Teams were:

Round 1: Cherche, Hinoka, Summer Corrin, Spring Camilla.
- Key here was putting the Attack+1 Seal on Cherche so she could ORKO Takumi.

Round 2: Xander, Frederick, Mathilda, Elise
- Xander tanked everything.

Round 3: Adult Tiki, Fae (w/ Lightning Breath), Ninian, Delthea
- Delthea took out Tharja and the blue knight, Fae tanked everything else.

Round 4: Nino, Linde, Eirika, Olivia
- Main trick here was getting Linde into position to attack the red mage cavalier on Turn 1, and then saving Nino's special to OHKO Camus.

Round 5: Eliwood, Camus, Cecilia, Reinhardt
- Cecilia and Reinhardt nuked stuff, and Eliwood baited Soren out of position so that he never made it around the wall to attack anything.

I really like how the game is pushing folks to branch out and not just throw their one overpowered cavalry team at every problem.

Sushen

Yeah, I'm gonna need to just redo the first map so I don't have to waste Rein. Xander can bait kill the bow user but leaves him with 8 HP.
I used buffed Olwen to take out the bow unit and she left with 8hp, too, which was enough to weed out other incoming melee units with desperation kicked in.

I really like how the game is pushing folks to branch out and not just throw their one overpowered cavalry team at every problem.
I agree. I like the idea of building various teams rather than throwing in my ace units for everything. As a dolphin, I have a decent selection of units to choose from, but if you're just starting, it's going to be pretty tough, I think. I'm glad I started early from the launch. A funny thing is that the friend who introduced me to the game gave up, now.

Ninferno

Did Squad Assault 2 in the 1st try; it is noticeably harder than the SA1. I did save Horse Emblem for the last map, and spread my "carrier" units even across the other teams. BS stats aside, it is arguably one of the more interesting mode the game currently has. However, I can't imagine what kind of nightmare we are going to have when BS maps like 10-4, 11-3, 11-5, 12-2,12-4 eventually come to SA. It will take a while until we reach there though.

Anyway, just checked the description of Arena Assault and one thing got me particularly worried: the score match up is based solely on your 1st team. Knowing this, as greedy F2Ps, we are bound to put up our most merged/highest BST units (aka core team for regular arena) as our 1st team, and let our 2nd to 7th teams go through hell. For horse/flier teams it might be ok, but infantry teams are going to be screwed. Using 660-point infantry C team to fight 700-point enemy teams is going to be rough; but we will do it anyway because we are greedy F2Ps who are always trying to achieve scores we don't deserve.

I'm setting up my weaklings into my 2nd to 4th teams (put your weaklings in the front so even if you screw up, you waste less time) right now, and I seriously can't see how I can beat enemy team that match my 1st team with trash like that. Hopefully the items can help out a bit, but still, I hope IS change the match up mechanism in the future to have "per team" match up and give me some peace of mind not to pursue something I don't deserve.

Just a 4* Palla from my free summon, and I pulled out immediately. I'm up to 99 Orbs now, and I won't spend a single one on this banner.

I spoke too soon about Arena. It actually won't open until the next midnight hour.

The Infernal Bound Hero Battle was pretty tricky to get rolling. Had to use some reposition/draw back/dance shenanigans to get in-and-out and wake up the AI. After that Reinhardt swept everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom