• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Got a 5-star Roy for my free pull. I have had two 4-star versions before, but I guess that I will actually keep this one.

I haven't been posying here much, but I have been concentrating on getting enough useable chars to do the squad assault type maps. Horse Emblem is in a useable state, but not quite done. I will see if I can scrape together flier emblem next.

Use those 4 star versions to give TA 3 to units.

PK Gaming

Re: Summer Corrin

This is the first time I've been burned since I went 80+ summons without getting a 5 star at launch. Worse even, because I actually spent quite a bit of money on this banner (and the units I got aren't even useful for inheritance).

Feels incredibly bad :'(

Re: Summer Corrin

This is the first time I've been burned since I went 80+ summons without getting a 5 star at launch. Worse even, because I actually spent quite a bit of money on this banner (and the units I got aren't even useful for inheritance).

Feels incredibly bad :'(

It takes getting slapped in the face by RNG to realize that spending money on this game is a terrible idea. My wake-up call was going all in on Celica and winding up with a -Atk one. Keep in mind even if you were rewarded for your efforts ie $$$, you'd still have to contend with the chances of poor IVs on top. I have a trash heap of units I've spent money to get and all I ever really use now is my horse team which I haven't spent anything on. Realistically all your money is getting you is an arena season with the new spiffy hero.

I can kind of understand wanting Corrin to have a flying mage but if you managed to survive without Camilla I'm sure you'll live. They're bound to have a ranged flier GHB unit eventually
lol

PK Gaming

why does everyone want corrin in a bikini lol

She could be wearing a big, dumb bear suit and i'd still want her.

It takes getting slapped in the face by RNG to realize that spending money on this game is a terrible idea. My wake-up call was going all in on Celica and winding up with a -Atk one. Keep in mind even if you were rewarded for your efforts ie $$$, you'd still have to contend with the chances of poor IVs on top. I have a trash heap of units I've spent money to get and all I ever really use now is my horse team which I haven't spent anything on. Realistically all your money is getting you is an arena season with the new spiffy hero.

I can kind of understand wanting Corrin to have a flying mage but if you managed to survive without Camilla I'm sure you'll live. They're bound to habe a ranged flier GHB unit eventually
lol

To be clear, it's not really a necessity thing (though my team could use a strong blue mage, lol), but rather, I just really want Corrin because she's my fav. But you're definitely right... I gotta stop spending before it becomes a full blown addiction.

Mupod

yeah, don't spend money expecting to get something. I'm glad this game taught me that lesson and I didn't have to get my soul crushed by FGO which has far worse rates.

I think as long as I keep playing this I'm fine with throwing 20-30 at hero fests once in a while though. Can't believe it's held my interest this long.

spiritfox

Finally got Infernal done. Took a bit of trial and error on positioning. I don't like how the only viable opening move is to have someone hit and run in the first turn cause no one can survive the initial barrage of attacks otherwise. I hope we see less of this in the future.

Squad Assault 2 seemed pretty tough, but once I solved the stage 2 Ninja level it fell pretty quickly. Just had to level and bulk up a 4 star M Robin, put in Ike for his high defense and distant counter, Kagero for dagger breaker, and a healer. 3/4 were 4 star. Level 5 fell first try to the ubiquitous horse emblem team.

I'm just under 100 orbs. Already have Ninian, Ike. Already spent 100 orbs farming for Genny in her last banner. Debating whether to pull for Genny and Julia (Merric Is near worthless, and I could use a second green as a Nino alternative for these team challenges) or save to see what's next. Unfortunately hero fest only lasts a short time,so I can't procrastinate until the next data mine for September banners.

I absolutely love the free 5 orb pull they'll be giving us on banners now. Especially because it adds to the lump sum of pulling on the whole banner.

Mupod

I absolutely love the free 5 orb pull they'll be giving us on banners now. Especially because it adds to the lump sum of pulling on the whole banner.

I understood why they did it when I was very tempted to pull a second green. Gotta stay strong though.

And by that I mean I caved in and spent more orbs trying for Corrin instead of saving for herofest.

Sushen

Between atk+/spd- and spd+/hp- Nowi, spd+ one is better, right?

If I ever pull Ninian, I want to try dragon buffing team, although they are both blue and not sure if it'll work out.

Tripon

Between atk+/spd- and spd+/hp- Nowi, spd+ one is better, right?

If I ever pull Ninian, I want to try dragon buffing team, although they are both blue and not sure if it'll work out.

Yeah, I'd take the spd+/hp- one. Just stick a hp seal if you feel like she's lacking in HP.

Weebos

Banned
Anybody else think we may get three weeks of these arena bonus units?

The next GHB is Valter, and he starts too late to be in the next set. We also don't have a new crop of heroes yet, though they usually announce and release those on a pretty tight schedule.

jnWake

Got a 3* Henry with the free pull. He's +atk-spd which I suppose is decent but it's still Henry.

Anyway, I couldn't resist doing a full pull with 15 orbs and got a 5* Saber from it. I don't have any 5* red swords so it's cool. Weirdly enough he got a neutral nature.

Shito

Did they buff the drop rate of the great badges on the upper training stratum? Just did a bunch of the 9th stratum for the monthly quest, and I got great badges each time...

Scum

I've got a 4* Neutral Draug. I'm thinking of making him 5*, along with Zephiel for my Armour Emblem. But I'm not too fond of the Brave Sword Draug uses. Would I be dumb to throw it away in favour of Killing Edge or Wo Dao?

Sushen

Thursday.
Thursday can't come soon enough. It seems like the banner will coincide with celica banner for the tempest.

I'm both looking forward to blow all my orbs and not looking forward to the disappointment that's going to follow.

Apenheul

My free summon was of course a 3 star Jagen, but that's okay, I needed some feathers anyway. So far I've been a f2p player but I wouldn't mind spending some money on orbs as I've been really enjoying the game since they added skill inheritance. By the way youtube somehow suggested a summoning video to me and the author is now my favorite Fire Emblem Heroes youtuber. His name on youtube is Faroosi Q and he sounds really young, but every time he pulls a 5 star unit he gets so incredibly excited that I really feel happy for him.

Meier

Wow. This C&L Bound Hero Battle is incredibly difficult. I just can't seem to crack it either.. thought maybe I had it this time but then the +30 damage multi-user attack hit me again and bam, dead from the ensuing spell. I've failed probably 6 times now even on the level 30/Hard version.

Meier

Also, for those who may have misinterpreted it like myself, you don't get a free pull on each different banner so to speak. Just 1 for the 3 different banners happening right now.

Mupod

You only get a free pull on banners that started today (the bound hero battle one), and each one going forward.

As for the hero battle, try killing the top lance flier with a mage like Nino, draw back who you used, then dance and draw back again. From there, you should be in a good position.

Used Klein/Ryoma/Nino/Olivia. Had to play around with Reposition/Draw Back. Now let's see if I can pull Summer Corrin.

+Atk/-Res Nowi
+HP/-Spd Lukas

Nope.

lt519

Had to dig deep on Squad Assault 2, ultimately just had to get Rein into the last round which required some finagling to get the first round cleared without using him or Robin.

Round 1: Julia (subs; anyone with draw back), Kagero (subs; Cecilia), Hinoka, 4* Subaki-- Hinoka attacks Takumi, Kagero finishes him off, Subaki swaps with Hinoka to absorb Ryoma and Julia repositions Kagero. From there it's Subaki vs Ryoma and baiting Hinoka into a Julia, Kagero, Hinoka death trap.

Round 2: 4* Michalis (subs; high DEF flier), Maria (subs; any healer), TA2 MRobin, 4* Zeph (subs; any armored unit)-- Use Michalis to bait Matthew up top and keep him away from the main fight. Throw Robin into the fray with Zeph and Maria keeps everyone healed up.

Round 3: Nino (subs; S!Elise), Nowi (subs; high res Blue), Olivia (subs; Azura, Ninian), Lucina (subs; any red lord)-- Nino wipes the blue night, Olivia dances away. Nowi handles Tharja and Nino baits MRobin. Lucina and Olivia form a wall against axe horse

Round 4: Mathilda, Titania, S!Elise (subs; Nino), Roy (subs; any red lord)-- S!Elise and Roy start on left and Mathilda Titania on right. This pulls the red horse mage to the right and everyone else left. Mathilda takes out the horse mage while Roy and Elise retreat to the bottom right corner. Michalis heads towards Mathilda who also retreats. Titania takes on blue flier and Camus lowering both health's. Titania/S!Elise finish off Camus and Mathilda finishes off the flier. Roy blocks Michalis and Elise finishes next turn

Round 5: Reinhardt, Camus (subs; anyone with attack buff), Xander, Azura (subs; Olivia, Ninian)-- Reinhardt with lancebreaker can take out Bow, dance, Lance Fighter on first turn. Kept them clustered and had Rein just pop out and take down the second red mage and bow user while Xander tanked axes. Avoided Soren altogether by baiting him up the left side then retreating to top right.

Overall very fun, but very frustrating to have to repeat the first 4 maps to figure out a strategy for the 5th map. Once I retooled to get Rein in it only took 2 tries, but I wasted a couple hours realizing my reserves that made it to the end weren't cutting it. Only skill inheritance I had to do ended up being giving Julia Repositions. Oddly enough I went down the route of using Julia in round 4 and Nino in round 1 and the enemy AI reacted totally differently to Julia on the board making that round impossible. Same positions but something in the AI made them react different to two different Green mages. The overall Speeds of the enemies are starting to get ludicrous. You can't reliably wipe them in one turn anymore making tanks, specialized skill inherited units, and re-position moves the name of the game. 90% of my units couldn't even attack someone on the last map and survive.

Much much more difficult than SA1 which I did blind on my 5th try, this may have taken me 20+ tries blind overall. More if you count many surrenders figuring out a minimized team for Round 1. I need to do some much needed Skill Inheritance and SP grinding on my reserves. Lack of good A skills on basically anyone but my Cavalry or Nino/Robin/Olivia team really reared its head here.

Beat the Lunatic BHB pretty easily.

Move Cecilia up to take the Lance peg, Rein takes out Lilina.

Rein with Hone and Ward Cav won't get doubled by Cecilia so he'll live. Enough buffs on Cecilia and she'll survive the bow guy too. After that, just clean up.

Of course that didn't work for Infernal.

MildSoss

Second squad assault seemed harder then the first one but really fun in making me try out different team compositions to finally beat it.

I love that i just can't steam roll every thing with just a cavalry team.

lt519

Infernal GHB down with Horse+Olivia.

Little bit of a weird strategy, required Reinhardt taking a hit from Cecilia, figured out the strategy by dying but recorded the full first run. DB3 QP LB3 Rein is still too hot. Needs Camus in all the right spots to provide Goad and reposition.

https://youtu.be/jq3eH2dfkD4

champloo

Slapped Noontime on Ryoma and he took out both Lilina and Cecilia in one enemy phase, then it was just some cleaning up. Worked on both Lunatic and Infernal for me.

PK Gaming

Managed to clear the bound hero map on Infernal. I don't have a Horse Emblem team, so I had to rely on Reinhardt (w/ Lancebreaker) + Olivia to kill as many enemies as possible, and sweep up with the rest with my teammates.

Ninferno

Oh boy, if you think SA2 tested your resource management, wait a few hours later and embrace the real resource management hell that is Arena Assault. I'm scratching my head so hard right now to come up with 7 semi-functional teams. Since the score range of all your 7 matches in a run is solely based on your first team, my currently plan is to put 4 "high score but not so crucial to my core combat competency" units in my first team, and save "lower score but actually great" units (aka ranged, horses, dancers) for later teams. That way hopefully I get a decent score range and at the same time, get reasonably easy deathless runs.

champloo

Oh boy, if you think SA2 tested your resource management, wait a few hours later and embrace the real resource management hell that is Arena Assault. I'm scratching my head so hard right now to come up with 7 semi-functional teams. Since the score range of all your 7 matches in a run are solely based on your first team, my currently plan is put 4 "high score but not so crucial to my core combat competency" units in my first team, and save "lower score but actually great" units (aka ranged, horses, dancers) for later teams. That way hopefully I get decent score and at the same time, get reasonably easy deathless runs.

It will be more manageable if we have a chance at recon before each round, like we can do in Squad Assaults. also it seems there are special items we can make use of, don't know if they need to be obtained first though. excited to check it out.

lt519

Oh boy, if you think SA2 tested your resource management, wait a few hours later and embrace the real resource management hell that is Arena Assault. I'm scratching my head so hard right now to come up with 7 semi-functional teams. Since the score range of all your 7 matches in a run are solely based on your first team, my currently plan is put 4 "high score but not so crucial to my core combat competency" units in my first team, and save "lower score but actually great" units (aka ranged, horses, dancers) for later teams. That way hopefully I get decent score and at the same time, get reasonably easy deathless runs.

Do we know if your whole team actually has to survive? Can you use duplicate heroes? It might not be as hard as we are thinking since there aren't any super buffed enemies, you get a few items to get you out of jams, and the unit emplacements aren't just IS trolling you. But then again I only have 27 5* units so it's not like I can just roll out 7 well balanced arena teams that are going to match well against 5* SI units.

Sushen

I think I either have nothing to do or too much grinding in this game. As I have finished all August quests and chain challenges that I intend to finish, I've got nothing to do. Of course, when the tempest kicks in, I'll complain that I won't have time to level up whatever the new units I'll get later this week, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom