• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninferno

Do we know if your whole team actually has to survive? Can you use duplicate heroes? It might not be as hard as we are thinking since there aren't any super buffed enemies, you get a few items to get you out of jams, and the unit emplacements aren't just IS trolling you. But then again I only have 27 5* units so it's not like I can just roll out 7 well balanced arena teams that are going to match well against 5* SI units.

We don't know if all need to survive for sure, but I'm guess we technically don't. I think the rules will be the same as the regular arena, you just lose a portion of your points if your units die. In other word, same as regular arena, abort when a unit dies if you are shooting for high score.

We can't use duplicate heroes; this is said explicitly in the description (the texts brought up by clicking the question mark).

Yes, I hope items can help out a bit, especially to the weaker teams. And yes, you won't face nonsensical stats inflation, but instead wacky skill combos and team compositions.

champloo

Got lucky and almost beat Squad Assault 2 first try. was trying to save Nowi for a red heavy map, ended up not using her at all lol

#1: Hector, 3* Sharena, 4* Sully, 4* Raven
#2: 4* Sophia +6, 4* Maria, Camilla, 4* Hana
#3: 4* Cecilia +6, 4* A-Tiki +7, 4* Ursula, 4* Lissa
#4: Frederick, 4* Olivia +6, 4* Cordelia, 4* Legion
#5: Kagero, Sonya, Ryoma, Bride Lyn

macklelol

I have no regrets
Fire_Emblem_Heroes_2017-08-07-13-08-57.png

Ninferno

Speaking of arena bonus chars, at least IS has the courtesy to not force us to use them in the Arena Assault. Otherwise it will be even more problematic.

Anyway, pretty much settled my 28-unit roster. My 1st team will be Hector, Lucina + 1 (with Aether), FemCorrin + 1, and Marth (nothing spectacular about him, but at least he has legendary weapon, and my 5*s are so red heavy that I might as well front load them to surface the "risk" earlier). Never used this kind of strange team before but this should give me match ups around 690. And I have weak ass teams like Sophia (TA Raven 4* + 8) + Masked Lucina + Rebecca (-Atk!) + Sharena. If I face horse team at 690 I'm going to be so toasted. Fortunately, I can put these weaklings at the 2nd or 3rd team so if I lose it's not that big a deal.

lt519

Got lucky and almost beat Squad Assault 2 first try. was trying to save Nowi for a red heavy map, ended up not using her at all lol

#1: Hector, 3* Sharena, 4* Sully, 4* Raven
#2: 4* Sophia +6, 4* Maria, Camilla, 4* Hana
#3: 4* Cecilia +6, 4* A-Tiki +7, 4* Ursula, 4* Lissa
#4: Frederick, 4* Olivia +6, 4* Cordelia, 4* Legion
#5: Kagero, Sonya, Ryoma, Bride Lyn

I wish I knew about the map preview before I wasted a couple hours last night haha, was just guessing at team comps and any time I got to a new map I got stomped.

Love that I just discovered the prologue chain maps, free 40 orbs, they are easy too.

The Lilina and Cecilia Bound Hero battle gave me so much trouble. Took me tons of attempts to beat it on Lunatic.

Even with video demonstrations, I had difficulty with the strategy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Got 4287 on my first attempt at arena assault. Started with a cavalry team, and picked beginner all 7 maps. It uses the Squad Assault rules for duplicates, and not the Tempest Trail ones if anyone was curious.

Oh shoot. I got the cinematic for 4* Roy again.

+Def/-Atk

Hooray for TA3 fodder.

EDIT:
YOLO 5-Pull

+Res/-Atk 3* Jagen
+Spd/-HP 4* Eirika
+HP/-Def 4* Palla
+HP/-Atk 3* Lissa

champloo

Lost on my 4th match at ~680 each. My roster is not ready yet lol

Edit: just noticed 'check map' is available in Arena Assault as well, time to make another try.

Roman

I used horse emblem in the first battle to make it easier, lost three units overall and have a slightly sub 4.6k score.

I really need to train more units for this.

Semajer

I didn't think I'd have enough 5* units to form decent enough teams for the new arena, but I managed to finish a full streak on my first try. I really need some more reds though.

DooD1234

I just tried arena assault and it pretty fun scrambling together a team. One team I was up against an all green team of Summer Xander and 3 Hectors. I just sent one lvl 40 Roy on a defense tile and a bunch of useless lvl 1 and just watch Roy body all of them lol. Really need to start leveling some of my other characters. Thankfully I didn't encounter Reinhart 7 times in a row like I did regular arena if it even possible.

Also no yolo Celica :(

macklelol

Got 4,598 on my first attempt of Arena Assault. Horse Emblem wrecked me on the horizontal bridge map, giving me three deaths on that single map lol.

I might just farm some items up before trying again.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Pulled the Odin I needed for Summer Corrin and a +Spd/-HP Celica off the banner! Hopefully the anniversary bonuses will put my orb stockpile back in a good spot by the time the Choose Your Legend banner comes out.

Holy crap, this is so weird! I went to Tempest Trials for the free summon, and I was initially disappointed that there were no red stones for a possible Celica pull.

The board had two Blue and three Colorless. My free summon got me a 4* Reinhardt with +ATK/-HP! I used my first one (with neutral IVs) as Vantage 3 fodder way back before I realized how good he was, so I'm glad that I finally got another one.

I was feeling good so I touched the other Blue stone in hopes of something really good. It was just a 4* Gwendolyn, which is meh. I backed out after that.

I have 106 Orbs, and I'm still tempted to go for Celica. I already have Sonya for bonus points, but I want Celica because I'm lacking in the Red Mage department. All I have is Sanaki and Sophia.

I'll hold on for now. I got 4806 in the Arena after several attempts, but I still need more units for Arena Assault. I didn't do so hot on my first try. I really wonder what the Sacred Coins will be used for.

ggx2ac

I can confirm that you can use less than 4 heroes for arena assault in the subsequent matches if you can handle it and that it won't affect your score if you survive with a perfect.

I don't know how much points you'd lose if someone dies though.

MicH

30 orbs for Celica, got 5* Ogma and my third Lyn instead. he well. Throwing all my orbs on her because I need a red mage.

Best score of the night is 4620. Looks like I already got kicked down a notch in the rankings. Not sure I'll be able to do much better with the units I currently have.

redcrayon

4,674 in my first run on arena assault. I like the way you can use items to protect a seven-streak if the last battle looks tough and you're about to beat your top score, seems like a really nice addition to me, encouraging a rounded roster. When choosing a team you can look at the map to see the complete enemy team which makes it a bit easy though.

It'll be interesting to see what these new coins are for. They seem quite generous in terms of the number given for rewards, I suspect it'll be a shop for buying further items and (highly priced) seals that we might have missed from previous events.

Arena assault interests me far more in terms of endgame content than the plain arena, with more focus on your whole roster rather than a raw most powerful single team you can field.

spiritfox

Got 4734 for my first arena assault. Surprisingly no Reinhardts in my 7 battles, though I was picking from a mix of intermediate and advanced. I do need more viable units though, was pretty thin by the last battle.

Mupod

I don't have enough 5* greens to even make 7 teams, and 2 of those are pretty shit (hawkeye/merric). However I plan to drop ~100 orbs immediately on hero fest greens so I'm hoping for at least a Julia. Best case scenario would be Titania, Camilla and a spare Hector but I'm not holding my breath. I did get a Gunter from my free pull on the tempest trial banner so I have the foundation for another cavalry squad, if I find a 4* or better Titania.

I won't have time to tackle hero fest until tonight but I plan to split up my cavalry team into 2 and bring a couple dancer/blade tome teams. Interesting that you can run with less than 4 - I don't think I'd do that, as I have tons of random 4* I can bring to fill out my ranks. I've been quite diligent with leveling people, out of necessity as for a long time I had horrific luck finding 5*. Before I found Linde and Lucina I had to level groups of specific 4* just to beat grand hero battles.

_Legacy_

I can confirm that you can use less than 4 heroes for arena assault in the subsequent matches if you can handle it and that it won't affect your score if you survive with a perfect.

I don't know how much points you'd lose if someone dies though.

Yeah I did this earlier today with just a Bridelia and Olivia against a flier team. Easiest win yet and I saved two units.

Mupod

Oh, you can check the map before going in? That'll be huge for specialized characters like Sanaki. Makes it easier to conserve Reinhardt counters as well.

I might even finally use this Takumi I got back in Hero Fest too, in case I see some fliers. I've even used Hawkeye more than him.

Got a meh score on my first arena assault. In the 6,000's rank. Should be easier now with items though.

In summoning news I was unable to pull Celica with my free summon but the second red Orb had a 4* +spd/-hp Tharja so I'll take that!

redcrayon

Arena assault scares me because I look I what I have and it feels so incomplete with little cohesion despite the fact I have units that are pretty good, a lot of them are missing skills.
If you are short on enough strong units to make 7 teams, maybe try having teams of three 5* units with a 4* to fill the gaps? Sometimes a 4* melee unit with a ruby/emerald/sapphire weapon or triangle advantage can hold the line if you just need that colour covered, same goes for dancers.

The teams you are offered as opponents also vary depending on the strength of your first team, so you might be better off leading with a team that roughly depicts the average strength of your roster rather than a single SI super-merged monster of a squad :)

One way to mitigate the arena assault would be to get a bunch of Olivias to learn dance and spread them across your teams. Everyone has at least 2 and really should have a few more if you have been summoning for months.

lt519

Wonder if Arena Assault defenses count towards your defenses? Excited to try it later. I need to level up my Celica for Tempest though for that bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom