• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMS341

Got a +ATK/-RES Azura for my free pull. Definitely some of my best luck for certain. Really want to pair her with my new Effie, even if they are both blue.

Mupod

Yeah after I found out that I can't re-use Olivia, I went ahead and merged the rest of mine in. She's 4*+7 now, with +SPD -DEF. Only a regular Ruby Sword and Fury 2 but she does fine (39 SPD!). Having all 3 dancers just became even more valuable, maybe I should try a few blues on hero fest.

Anyways I was just thinking of what 4* greens I can get away with bringing and suddenly remembered I have to level Legion, crap. At least he's good, so it won't be too bad.

Ninferno

1st take on AA ended pretty ok, pulled off a deathless run but holy shit that was intense.
4814bys77.png

Literally used up my single last usable characters. Saw really spooky Scam/Scorn lead and got to drop to intermediate in two occasions. The point drop from Advanced to intermediate is so small anyway so I guess chickening out is worth it. Met Reinhardt 3 to 4 times, each time with huge headache. I don't have one single legit hard counter for Rein, let alone 3.

On a more sour note, I just dumped 200+ orbs on the Celica banner and guess what, no Celica ofc! Just a -SPD + HP Delthea to give me heart attack and ruin my day. Thanks game.

Combined with what I spent on the SoV banner II previously, I have now officially dumped 500+ orbs for Celica without getting her. fml. Should still have 80 ~ 100 for Hero Fest, but at this rate I'm not even expecting to get anything already.

Ondore

Sorry dude... managed to pull Celica inside of 50 orbs today.

Leveled her up to 30, figure the stat boosts and SP from the Tempest will let me go all in with her. Also got a second 4* Tharja so I think my luck is turning a bit.

Mupod

sacred cowl + quickened pulse Hector is very reliable Reinhardt counter, not optimal but it gets the job done and he's worth way more points than a green mage so he's what I use (for normal arena).

That's some impressively shit luck though, you're now even worse than my endless Ninian hunt. I don't have a 40% bonus for the tempest trial so I was tempted to pull some reds but you brought me back to reality.

lt519

Really want Delthea but I really don't need another blue mage. Going to save my orbs to try for Ninian during Hero Fest.

Alucrid

Banned
spent 10 orbs, got a 5 star celica!

+res/-atk

:(

summer tiki was -atk
summer robin was -atk
summer corrin was -atk

fuck this game

MicH

Oh shoot, a few more orbs and I got Celica!! So excited about this! She's +SPD -RES so that's pretty good! Finally a mage without a speed bane!

Mupod

-atk isn't that bad on summer corrin, much better than -spd. Blade tome and flier buffs will fix that right up.

It's not a crippling bane like -spd can be, I've got a lot of -atk but some of them have been surprisingly useful. -atk +spd fury/quick riposte Nowi for example is ridiculously hard to kill. Eldigan with the same spread is similarly nasty, as he gets 37 spd with hone cavalry and has a 2-charge Bonfire. Nowi made it on to my main arena team as a point booster and I prefer Eldigan over Xander for Tempest Trial.

now this -spd Clair I got is just insulting. Still gonna level her though.

I mean, they're allied, yes? I guess it probably should have said "fellow student" or something, given according to the in game chat, Cecilia trained Roy and Lilina, but I don't see the problem really...

Sushen

I only got 3 wins with my first try on arena assault, but it was fun. I lost in 4th match with a dumb mistake. I definitely need more teams as I started to struggle as soon as I used up main 3 teams.

BTW during all 4 matches, Hector and Reinhardt were in every single one of them, and Azura missed only one match. Many times, I didn't see any bonus characters either. People don't use them in defense???

I thought we all knew Princess Lilina was the true hero of Binding Blade? Not some hot-haired youth from some backwater territory.

Just kidding, I thought that was amusing as well. Curious what it says in other languages.

Busaiku

I had like no good Green units outside of Soren, Titania, and Hector.
I have neutral (in terms of utility, not actually neutral) Julia and Minerva, but not trained. A good Nino, but she's 3 stars. My Camilla, Spring Chrom, and Spring Camilla are terrible.

IntSys better give Lyn and/or Lucina a ranged weapon and stick them on the back of a flying dragon/wyvern or else! ��

Lyn ain't flying anywhere. The two obvious options are Bow Lyn or Mani Katti Lyn (given normal Lyn has the Sol Katti). If you meant distant counter on them though... good luck?

I do expect all 4 are all going to be infantry units in the CYL banner though.

Mupod

I had like no good Green units outside of Soren, Titania, and Hector.
I have neutral (in terms of utility, not actually neutral) Julia and Minerva, but not trained. A good Nino, but she's 3 stars. My Camilla, Spring Chrom, and Spring Camilla are terrible.

"I have no good green units"

"I have basically all of the best green units in the game though"

???

kswiston

I am having amazing luck with these free pulls. Got Celica for free today after a 5-star Roy yesterday. Decided to pull the two blue orbs as well, and got a 4-star Mae that I lacked (plus Gunter)

I think that I will hold onto the rest of my orbs until we see what the 6th anniversary summoning even ia in a few days. I should be back over 80 by then, which is my largest cache in quite awhile.

explodet

Fielded a first team of sub-40 units and steamrolled beginner to try out Arena Assault. Ended up with a score of 4143.
It's nice that you can get on the ranking board without having to spend anything. I'll give it a better go when I've got time.

And Roy was the 2nd most popular guy.
Intelligent Systems just doesn't care about male characters anymore.
I dunno, we're 1 unit away from Xander Emblem.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
First pull today I got 5* Tharja HP+/Spd- According to the calculator, this is like opposite Tharja where she wants HP-/Spd+.

So what does this mean exactly (sorry, still new to the game)

First pull today I got 5* Tharja HP+/Spd- According to the calculator, this is like opposite Tharja where she wants HP-/Spd+.

If you buff her up she'll still do tons of damage. The issue is that she won't really double units reliably compared to her neutral speed let alone a speed boon.

Mupod

Are we getting 10 orbs for the voting gauntlet this time around?

no, they incorporated that into the quest rewards for each round.

For Arena Assualt.
They were either level 1, had bad IVs, vanilla skills, or all 3.

genuinely curious what you think is a crippling IV spread for something as OP as spring camilla, although she's a major investment to get up and running. Julia and Minerva are totally fine with no SI so even if you just crystal them up they'll work great.

if I'm a bit salty sounding it's 'cause I have to make due with Hawkeye and Merric unless I get lucky on hero fest. Urgh.

Sushen

I am having amazing luck with these free pulls. Got Celica for free today after a 5-star Roy yesterday. Decided to pull the two blue orbs as well, and got a 4-star Mae that I lacked (plus Gunter)

I think that I will hold onto the rest of my orbs until we see what the 6th anniversary summoning even ia in a few days. I should be back over 80 by then, which is my largest cache in quite awhile.
My luck wasn't as good but I'm happy to get 4* hinata. Since I didn't have any of him for a while, I developed a habit of collecting him. Even with 3 now, I'm reluctant to use him, haha.

Celica banner is pretty amazing as all 4 focus units are excellent, btw.

Busaiku

Get back to work then. Many no so ideal IVs can be fixable and the other two are your work, man.
Yeah, but I gotta get Delthea going for Tempest Trials.

genuinely curious what you think is a crippling IV spread for something as OP as spring camilla, although she's a major investment to get up and running. Julia and Minerva are totally fine with no SI so even if you just crystal them up they'll work great.

if I'm a bit salty sounding it's 'cause I have to make due with Hawkeye and Merric unless I get lucky on hero fest. Urgh.
-Attack, +Defense with Vanilla skills.
Yeah, I'm not too worried about Julia, Minerva, or Nino, since I've got almost 80k feathers.

Mupod

it means at max level she'll only have 31 speed, whereas a +spd one would have 37. This is a problem because 37 is a nice spot to be (avoids doubles by many 'fast' units, and when buffed you can double a lot of things) and 31 sure isn't. Tharja comes with Darting Blow (+6 speed on attack) so it's not THAT bad but it's a bit of a downer.

She'll still work well as her tome gets extra attack power when you put buffs like Hone Atk or Fortify Def on her, it's extremely strong. In top tier arena stuff she could run into trouble but when buffed she'll still one shot Hector so it's not like she's worthless.

in the long term, Tharja is available as a 4* so it's likely you'll eventually find one with a better stat spread. Then you can promote the 4* to 5* and merge in the old one, keeping all your skills and making her +1. If you're just starting out a free blade tome mage is extremely valuable IMO. I wouldn't be afraid to train her up. Worst case scenario you can give her tome to someone else.

Yeah, but I gotta get Delthea going for Tempest Trials.

-Attack, +Defense with Vanilla skills.
Yeah, I'm not too worried about Julia, Minerva, or Nino, since I've got almost 80k feathers.

her attack stat is still great with -atk and irrelevant if you go blade tome (although not everyone has a Hinoka to really take advantage). +def means you could go gronnraven/triangle adept instead. I ran it through the calculator and she would survive then one shot a +atk Life and Death 3 brave bow+ Bride Cordelia (with quickened pulse moonbow). That's silly.

I wish I didn't blow nearly all 90+ orbs on my alt searching for Celica. I already had a +Res/-spd Sanaki I could have used as a sword and green Killer. Got greedy. I did get a neutral 5* Eirika to replace my -Atk one though and a Hinata. So not all bad!

I want Celica so bad; I need a good red mage (only have a neutral 4* Tharja and a, yay, Sophia).

But I forgot she's sharing red with Gray and I really don't need more red swords right now.

Guess I should save for Hero Fest to get Ninian or something.

That said, I did end up pulling 5 reds just to try my luck. Nothing special except my very first non-masked Marth (4*).

jnWake

Free pull got me a Corrin (M), 4*.

Once again I couldn't avoid doing a full pull and got a +atk-def Celica! That's my second Celica but I doubt I'll merge since Distant Def is a good skill for SI.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Hey so is it better to run Celica with Fury or Life and Death? Fury plus her tome means I could be in Desperation range with one attack, but Life and Death would leave me able to use Ardent Sacrifice once to get back to full health.

Or I if I ran Fury 2 instead of 3 I could have both those advantages since she's - HP.

Ninferno

Nice try guys, but I'm not falling for your traps. Your "got [insert top tier unit] in literally the 1st/free pull!" or "Hector and a couple other 5*s in a single screen!" just don't make me salty at all; I have long accepted the fact that the game hates me. That way, if I can get even a single focus unit within 80 orbs on the Hero Fest, I will feel like the luckiest person on earth. #totallyserious

Anyway, I just bothered to look up the description of the Arena Assault items and hot damn some of them sound legitimately game breaking. With them, maybe I don't need to cowardly choose intermediate even when I see a Reinhardt-lead team rocking at 698 for advanced. Maybe I should farm some items before my next serious AA attempt. I think I will only make one serious attempt per day at most though; doing 7 matches in one sitting is too tiring for my liking. I can't imagine doing it more than once a day (at least the 1st try nets you some SP and HM) unless I'm too desperate to make some cut-off on the last day.

Speaking of reward tier cut-offs, I think I will shoot for top 5k. Top 1k is probably a stretch too far for us F2Ps. My initial 4814 is currently sitting at rank 700+, I doubt it will be enough for top 5k when the season ends. I think something around 4850 ~ 4860 might do the job, which should be realistically achievable with help from items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom