• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

Nice try guys, but I'm not falling for your traps. Your "got [insert top tier unit] in literally the 1st/free pull!" or "Hector and a couple other 5*s in a single screen!" just don't make me salty at all; I have long accepted the fact that the game hates me. That way, if I can get even a single focus unit within 80 orbs on the Hero Fest, I will feel like the luckiest person on earth. #totallyserious

I pulled a free Azura. /shrug

Tempest Trials banner is so good, I blew 50/100 saved orbs and landed one five star. Wanted Celica, would take Sonya because I already blew a ton of orbs hunting her last time, and would be very happy with a non -spd Delthea.

Landed a neutral Delthea. And my first Chrom, and some Jagen fodder.

Merge or save for SI? Death blow is useful, but it's only feathers to promote a Hawkeye or the like for it. Klein isn't happening because colorless hell. Drive attack seems a bit niche, but also pretty great as a c skill for a non-horse or flier who isn't busy buffing.

If I land Julia before I run out of orbs I may come back for a second chance at it. Choose your legends is set back to hopefully it's a month long banner status or still a couple months away, because I'll probably be empty next month.

Arena assault is pretty frustrating. Ended up with 4718. Around rank 3000, but I'll bet I'll drop into the 5-10000 range soon. Will try again. Frustrating limping through battles. Basically I did advanced to set the tone, easy to restart if my non ideal team drops a unit, back to advanced with my two elite teams for final two battles. In between went beginner or intermediate depending on strength of team and enemy lead unit.

lt519

4335, made it through on Arena Assault with 6 deaths and only picking Advanced matches (682-688 range) and it was my first run so I had no items. Not bad. I'm in need of more positional assist moves and a Ninian to help out. I have a bunch of 5*s with no SP spent ready for some SI too, guess it's time to get at that.

Glad I have a squad capable of doing it and I'm nowhere near maxed on potential. Now I'll go for a Flawless run using items on intermediate, should be easily doable since you can see the maps ahead of time.

Really fun mode.

Well, I'm back to saving until next month. I really won't have much for Hero Fest.

Couldn't really resist the urge with such a big Orb count, so I summoned for Celica. After about 100 Orbs, I get 5* Tharja. This is my first one ever, and this would have somewhat made up for Celica.

I check the stats, and the nature is...+DEF/-SPD. -SPD is deflating for this otherwise good summon. I'm super disappointed about the spread, but I just have to make due with what I have as a F2P user. Tharja will be leveled up regardless.

There was pretty good fodder at least. I salvaged 2 Hinatas, 1 Lon'qu, and my second 4* Eirika (+ATK/-RES) from the wreck.

Hero Fest is good for the rates, but nothing here honestly matches up to what I already have. Ike is great, but I can't really expect any pull to beat +SPD/-HP Ryoma. Genny is only good option for me, but I can live without her for now.

I'll be destroying the trials with Sonya, so this month is still exciting overall.

I am in Hero Fest just for Ninian.

I need 3 Dancers for the new Assault modes.

(Plus I was sad that I didn't pull her during her debut months ago.)

Sterok

Chain Challenge 11 + 12 Hard was awful, especially with all the strict time limits. My working plan ended up being Ephraim/Tharja/Cherche/Olivia in order to make it through that defense chapter. Then Eirika/Nino/Lucina/Olwen to power through as much as they could until they died. Needed them to make it as far as they did so that Horse Emblem was as fresh as it could be to tear through the remaining levels. Not looking forward to doing that on Lunatic.

Tempest Trials banner is so good, I blew 50/100 saved orbs and landed one five star. Wanted Celica, would take Sonya because I already blew a ton of orbs hunting her last time, and would be very happy with a non -spd Delthea.

Landed a neutral Delthea. And my first Chrom, and some Jagen fodder.

Merge or save for SI? Death blow is useful, but it's only feathers to promote a Hawkeye or the like for it. Klein isn't happening because colorless hell. Drive attack seems a bit niche, but also pretty great as a c skill for a non-horse or flier who isn't busy buffing.

At this point I think it is only worthwhile merging 5* that can also be summoned at 4* and/or don't have all that useful skill fodder. Nowi is like the queen of this. I've gotten 3 of her at 4* and two when she was on a banner, and she doesn't really have skills that are really desirable for other units. Units like Delthea have insanely good skills and can only be had at 5* so getting multiples her is a low chance and it really isn't worth the +1 to HP and one other stat.

Speaking of merging should I merge +Atk or +Speed Olivia at 4*? I have enough to be at +7.

Ninferno

Speaking of merging should I merge +Atk or +Speed Olivia at 4*? I have enough to be at +7.

Speed imho. You either only use her to dance or you will give her gem weapon/TA to make her at least competent against greens. With dancers' lowered BST, even a +Atk Olivia isn't really going to excel in combat, but +SPD improves not only her offense but also survivability, which I consider to be more important for her role. I say this as someone who have been using a -Atk (a really nasty -4) +Spd Olivia 5*+2 with Ruby Sword+ and Fury 3 for months.

Been getting 4* units like Chrom and Seliph that I never saw before. Might be that increased rate at work. Was looking for a 5* mage like Celica or Lilina though. And really quite set for swords at this point.

Shito

Got a 4-star Laslow on my free pull, decided to push my luck: 5-star Roy, and 4-star Mathilda.
Quite happy with that, I wanted Mathilda just because I like her artwork ^^

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Still not sure how to handle the infernal battle this time around. Every successful strategy I've seen seems to rely on some super strong nuker like B.Cordelia, Nino, a fully SIed Rein, or a blade tome horse of some sort.

It's making me realize that I have a lot of tank units, but very few offensive nukers.

At this point I think it is only worthwhile merging 5* that can also be summoned at 4* and/or don't have all that useful skill fodder. Nowi is like the queen of this. I've gotten 3 of her at 4* and two when she was on a banner, and she doesn't really have skills that are really desirable for other units. Units like Delthea have insanely good skills and can only be had at 5* so getting multiples her is a low chance and it really isn't worth the +1 to HP and one other stat.

I generally agree with the merging. My spare Bunny Lucina is definitely Swift Sparrow 2 fodder, though I haven't found a candidate. DB3 is a fantastic skill, so -SPD Delthea is good fodder. I spent 20K Feathers on Hawkeye solely for my Bridelia to have that skill, and the cost was absolutely worth it.

I think that +SPD is the best nature for Olivia, so I would use that as a base.

I'm coming to peace with Tharja, since she can at least OHKO without a huge Feather drop.

I also overlooked the defensive capabilities of the Blade tome. The extra damage from the buffs prevents Tharja from losing to Nino on enemy phase, so she's not quite the sitting duck I mistakenly thought she was.

Scum

Killing Edge over Wo Dao or Slaying Edge? What why?
I thought about Wo Dao too but my Draug has Bonfire. 2 goes to trigger it seemed much more fun though. 🔥

What A and B skills do I put on Eirika?
This is mine.

MQs51Wl.jpg

One of my favourite units in the game.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so if I want a skill (like moonbow), do I have to take the prereq also, or (provided I bought it on the inherited unit) can I just take the advanced skill directly?

Samstrike

I will need tu use 5* Gray (+DEF/-RES) as a bonus unit for the next Tempest Trial. What skill would you recommend to make him somewhat usefull? (without too much investment).

Roman

I thought about Wo Dao too but my Draug has Bonfire. 2 goes to trigger it seemed much more fun though. 🔥

I'd build Draug with Killer/Slaying Edge/Wo Dao, Life and Death (or Fury), and Vantage. Basically like other fast killer weapon users except he can get triple Ward Armor buffs and destroy the metagame with Bonfire. Even with Life and Death he'd still have 46 Def, which means 36 Bonfire damage.

Zephiel is practically purely Enemy Phase so the best build is Distant Counter/Wary Fighter and probably Wo Dao Moonbow, but his personal weapon is fine too.

Akuun

so if I want a skill (like moonbow), do I have to take the prereq also, or (provided I bought it on the inherited unit) can I just take the advanced skill directly?
If your unit already has the prereq, then you don't need to inherit it again when sacrificing another unit for SI.

For example, you can do this:

one SI sacrifice onto a unit: take Level 1 and 2 version of a skill
another SI sacrifice onto the same unit: take justthe Level 3 version of the skill. Don't need to take the Level 1 and Level 2 versions.

Mupod

I need someone to slap me every time I try to pull for SCorrin before hero fest.

On the upside I got lots of Jagens again. I can put Fortify Cavalry on Clarine I guess.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
If your unit already has the prereq, then you don't need to inherit it again when sacrificing another unit for SI.

For example, you can do this:

one SI sacrifice onto a unit: take Level 1 and 2 version of a skill
another SI sacrifice onto the same unit: take justthe Level 3 version of the skill. Don't need to take the Level 1 and Level 2 versions.

ah ok.. but the receiving unit, along the way, HAS to have all 3 levels of the skill?

Akuun

ah ok.. but the receiving unit, along the way, HAS to have all 3 levels of the skill?

yep. you can't get fury 3 without getting fury 1 and 2. and some skills have different named requirements. i.e. swift sparrow 1 and 2 need deathblow 1.

Yep. The receiving unit has to have all prerequisites to get a skill. Progressing past what you want is optional, though.

For example, if you want Fury 2, then the receiving unit needs Fury 1. But you don't have to have Fury 3 if you don't want to get it.

Scum

I'd build Draug with Killer/Slaying Edge/Wo Dao, Life and Death (or Fury), and Vantage. Basically like other fast killer weapon users except he can get triple Ward Armor buffs and destroy the metagame with Bonfire. Even with Life and Death he'd still have 46 Def, which means 36 Bonfire damage.

Zephiel is practically purely Enemy Phase so the best build is Distant Counter/Wary Fighter and probably Wo Dao Moonbow, but his personal weapon is fine too.

Heeeeeccccttttooooooorrrrrr!!!
LLShC.gif

Thanks, mate. :D

Wichu

All you people getting awesome 5*s from your free pulls, then here's me with 4* Ogma and Caeda.

I hate you all :p

Though I did get +Atk/-Res Summer Corrin with just 9 orbs, so I can't really complain!

Vena

Interesting. So if you move a character into damage range but then drag them back, it will still get the enemies to move from their first spot? Does that always work?

Yes, otherwise you could just snipe down any map with Reposition spam.

kswiston

"Oh, the Tempest Trial banner is up. Let me take a shot at Sonya."

"Aww, I didn't get Sonya..."

I like how two of those rare units are dupes. You are a friend to IntSys!

should i keep my second reinhardt, +1 my other one or give goad to cecilia?

Goad isn't that great, as it needs you to attack to proxy. You should farm some of the old man paladins and pass on their hone cavalry and fortify cavalry skills to your horse units. Those have start of turn proxies and are easy to get.

Tried pulling for celica and failed. Now I have no orbs for hero fest RIP. At least I pulled my second ever hinata for fury fodder.

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier but there is an easy way to get arena assault items if you're looking to farm them. If you start with one lvl40 unit and and fight on beginner difficulty it will put you in a 1 v 1. From then on you can use a full team against beginner difficulty and it will always be vs 1 hero.

kswiston

Tried pulling for celica and failed. Now I have no orbs for hero fest RIP. At least I pulled my second ever hinata for fury fodder.

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier but there is an easy way to get arena assault items if you're looking to farm them. If you start with one lvl40 unit and and fight on beginner difficulty it will put you in a 1 v 1. From then on you can use a full team against beginner difficulty and it will always be vs 1 hero.

Woah. That seems like a big loophole

should i keep my second reinhardt, +1 my other one or give goad to cecilia?

Seeing as you can't use the same character again on chain maps I actually like having Goad off of Reinhardt and on another unit. Reinhardt is the best Calvary unit to give Fortify Calvary to because he operates on the assumption of not getting attacked and would benefit from a Goad buff way more than a Fortify buff. Unfortunately the only way to inherit Goad is 5* Rein or 4* Camus. I sacked a 4* Camus to make the following.

Xander - Hone Calvary
Blade Cecilia- Goad
Reinhardt- fortify calvary
Camus - Goad Calvary

kswiston

Seeing as you can't use the same character again on chain maps I actually like having Goad off of Reinhardt and on another unit. Reinhardt is the best Calvary unit to give Fortify Calvary to because he operates on the assumption of not getting attacked and would benefit from a Goad buff way more than a Fortify buff. Unfortunately the only way to inherit Goad is 5* Rein or 4* Camus. I sacked a 4* Camus to make the following.

Xander - Hone Calvary
Blade Cecilia- Goad
Reinhardt- fortify calvary
Camus - Goad Calvary

Wait. Do hone and goad stack?

Sushen

As a hoarder in nature, especially in gaming, I'm not sure if I'll ever use an item in the arena assault. I'll probably save them for "future" forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom