• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I decided to drop 90 more orbs (in addition to the 140 earlier this morning) and ended up with a couple more 5*, Sheena and Camilla (normal, not Spring). This brings my total 5* roster to:

Tharja (promoted from 4*)
Ephraim
Catria
Hinoka
Spring Lucina
Sheena
Camilla

It's not the greatest list, but I feel like these should be pretty serviceable in most situations. Still missing a good colorless unit, but I hardly ever use them so maybe I have a terrific 4* right under my nose and don't even realize it. Seems like colorless units aren't often highlighted in this thread, and this place is where I get all my information.

I really need to sort the trash out of my huge 4* roster and send some folks home, I'm getting impatient about feathers and want to do some more promotions.
That's a pretty good roster, or at least you could start a few teams from that. You could create a Blade tome team with Tharja and Ephriam at its core, and Catria + Hinoka is half of a Flier Emblem team.

Sushen

God dammit these limited run event heroes are going to be what get me.

I'm staring at the purchase orb page thinking evil thoughts.

Must resist.
I'm fighting my urge too. I don't really want those bunny things but I'm justifying by thinking I need more 4* units to sacrifice. I'm sure I'll rather get a bunch of 3*, though. Only if feathers are more available for those of us, non-arena top players, I won't mind 3* units as much. Still stuck on 3900 something like last week

vaporeon

I just want to say thank you so much, not only to Naga but to Tiki too.
0dF4TIT.png

kswiston

Anyone want to place their bets on how many Lucina alts we'll have by the end of the year?

I'm fighting my urge too. I don't really want those bunny things but I'm justifying by thinking I need more 4* units to sacrifice. I'm sure I'll rather get a bunch of 3*, though. Only if feathers are more available for those of us, non-arena top players, I won't mind 3* units as much. Still stuck on 3900 something like last week

Now that low tier units are more useful in skill transfers, IS should up the feather sale price to 300 for 3-star and 600 for 4 star. Make 5-star 2k.

Give us some reason to decide between skills and feathers.

Gotchaye

I admit, I don't really get the temptation. These aren't great in-game units and the costumes are pretty tacky. Okay, Lucina has a pretty good skill that in some circumstances may be marginally better than other available options but who's pulling for a specific focus 5* just to sacrifice them? I guess Xander's is kind of funny-looking in a not-embarrassing way?

Mupod

I admit, I don't really get the temptation. These aren't great in-game units and the costumes are pretty tacky. Okay, Lucina has a pretty good skill that in some circumstances may be marginally better than other available options but who's pulling for a specific focus 5* just to sacrifice them? I guess Xander's is kind of funny-looking in a not-embarrassing way?

Well, the only one I'd want is the game's only ranged flying unit. I could get up to shenanigans with that. I'm sure they will add more, and better ones over time though.

I'm done pulling for specific units. Reaching 6.00% on the last banner has broken that spell. At most I'll throw some in hoping for a weekly arena bonus unit.

I will say, the wyvern rider voting battle focus is more interesting to me just because it'll have a high chance of a 5* and I also need greens.

Vena

This is my stance as well. /shrug

waifus

(though interestingly, I do have a serious lack of ranged units....but I'll pass)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There will be 5 Lucinas by the end of the year.

Normal Lucina.
Bunny Lucina.
Summer Lucina.
Smash Lucina.
Winter Lucina.

Sushen

I also admit it's not something logical. But, we all human beings make not so logical decisions here and there, right?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
The game is playing into people's love of some characters. It makes sense, since gacha games thrive on this sort of thing.

The upcoming flier banners look really appealing to me. People should try to focus on those if they're trying not to buy into this bunny event one.

Personally, I would've skipped had Chrom and flying mage Camilla not been in. Chrom's one of my favorites, and picking him up almost makes up for that one time I wasted all of my orbs on the Princes banner. Camilla's another one of my faves, and I've been waiting for a flying mage. Lucina and Xander I can live without, though I will say that Lucina looks far better in her costume than Camilla does.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
For me I pulled because it was fun to do so. I only used about 40 orbs in each of my accounts (2 accounts had over 200 orbs saved up, my main had about 130), and I got Lucina & Xander (+ATK so he's not totally useless lol) in one, Lucina in the second, and Camilla + Xander in the third. I just liked the art for the characters lol.

My accounts honestly have pretty good teams in each, and I don't really care to do much skill inheritance (too much of a time sink for me, although my Takumi has Vantage 3), so pulling is one of the few interesting things to do when I occasionally log in.

OVDRobo

Basically what I've been thinking but not saying. I don't want any of these units for any particular reason. They're not strong, nor do they look particularly appealing. I'm happy for the people that are having fun with using these characters or trying to make them viable, but I personally don't care.

Really glad Hinoka's finally going on a banner based on those datamined, though. I can save all the orbs I don't spend on this event for that. Knowing my luck, I'll probably get a 5* Subaki, but I might even goldfish a little to complete my perfect team.

StAidan

That's a pretty good roster, or at least you could start a few teams from that. You could create a Blade tome team with Tharja and Ephriam at its core, and Catria + Hinoka is half of a Flier Emblem team.

Yeah, Tharja and Ephraim have been the constants in my primary team and can almost always make up for the shortcomings of my other units. I most often use 4* Olivia with them. I've just been hurting real bad for green in many cases. Was hoping to get flying tome Camilla today for that reason, but maybe the stock one I got today can stand in when not facing archers...

EDIT: Just realized I did pull a 4* Nino +hp/-res this morning... maybe not worth promoting? But could be worth leveling while I continue to pull for something better.

Bovine

Neo Member
I put 100 orbs into this banner, hoping for the bunnygirls.

Instead I got a 5* Jaffar and both of the bunnymen.

Help me I can't stop laughing, even though its a decent haul, and I can run full 5* Nohr siblings now (if I even want to), it is funny how I got both the focus units I didn't want.

kswiston

I always try to grab a banner unit for Arena bonus purposes. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. This time it didn't.

Hopefully they throw Sharena up next week so I have an excuse to upgrade her. I have 35k feathers and have been going back and forth on Nino, Eirika, and Sharena.

I think I am settled on Nino first (-hp, -def, +spd, +res super glass cannon version), but I will be pretty close to 20k again after that when this week's arena closes.

Have they confirmed another voting battle in the near future? I won't say no to 8-10k free feathers.

ggx2ac

Spent my limit.

Only got Spring Chrom when I wanted Spring Camilla.

I can deal with it since it wouldn't matter if I got Camilla, can't​ get 11 of them at one time. I'll save my orbs for other banners.

Spring Chrom isn't that bad, got Atk Up, Res Down. He has some unique skills, Atk/Def +2 Passive Skill and a skill that gives all Axe users in a team 2x exp if Chrom survives which is pretty handy for leveling up other green axe users.

Mupod

I always try to grab a banner unit for Arena bonus purposes. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. This time it didn't.

Hopefully they throw Sharena up next week so I have an excuse to upgrade her. I have 35k feathers and have been going back and forth on Nino, Eirika, and Sharena.

I think I am settled on Nino first (-hp, -def, +spd, +res super glass cannon version), but I will be pretty close to 20k again after that when this week's arena closes.

Have they confirmed another voting battle in the near future? I won't say no to 8-10k free feathers.

there are two datamined images that suggest a Wyvern vs Pegasus voting gauntlet very soon.

Mikhal

Spent $20 on 35 orbs and managed to pull 2 Bunny Chroms (+Spd -Res and +Res -Spd). How does Axe Experience +3 work? Does he only need to be alive for the axe allies to gain double EXP or does he actually have to attack to activate it?

Cerium

For me it's largely the idea that "this shit is never coming around again." Either I acquire these characters now or never.

Until they introduce something that dramatically shakes up the metagame, my team is pretty much complete. Arena gives me no challenge. Nothing in this game gives me any challenge (except grinding SP on certain characters but that's more tedium than challenge). All that's left to do is collect rare shit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm pretty sure this stuff is coming around again, but not for a year. Likely in the 2018 Easter Banner, they will be 4* units that are tossed in.

Kain

Spent 60 orbs I had saved up and got

Bunny Xander
Marth
Bunny Camilla

That adds to the rest of 5*

Hector
Hinoka x2
Karel
Eirika x2
Elise
Caeda
Tharja
Effie (from 4*)

All without spending money once. Pretty good I would say

scy

For me it's largely the idea that "this shit is never coming around again." Either I acquire these characters now or never.

Until they introduce something that dramatically shakes up the metagame, my team is pretty much complete. Arena gives me no challenge. Nothing in this game gives me any challenge (except grinding SP on certain characters but that's more tedium than challenge). All that's left to do is collect rare shit.

Basically. I sit pretty comfortably at the 4.4-4.5k area so I pulled early since A) Limited units and B) Maybe they'd be good. And, well, C) There's been few reasons to pull outside of "I want to see if I get anything" anyway. I haven't even really Skill Inherited much yet and been mostly stocking up to see the first sign of "Ah, I need to do that to continue" to show up.

Next banner is most likely a pass (then again, Kagerou is interesting) so by the time I may want to pull again I'll be back to 100+ orbs anyway is also my logic, unless April quests end up being weak. I could have probably hoarded better and started going for 250-300+ orb counts for when an actual real change happens I guess but eh.

TWILT

Banned
Spring Xander and Chrom are pretty aight. Nothing amazing, but they're pretty good. At least I have some heroes to use for the next bonus hero arena.

Also, rolled a random 3* Star Barst and sacrificed him to give Cherche his Brave Axe. Man, the power lol. Just need to get my hands on a Brave Axe+ somehow...

Draxal

Lucina is good not nearly as good as Linde, but Linde is impossible to plus ten.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm pretty sure this stuff is coming around again, but not for a year. Likely in the 2018 Easter Banner, they will be 4* units that are tossed in.

I dunno about that. In other gacha games, sometimes things come back, sometimes they do not. I wouldn't expect them to return until Nintendo says otherwise. But I expect that we'll have a bunch of limited edition things through the life of this game.. if you are F2P, I would not spend too many orbs on them.

Faynwulf

Dropped around 80 orbs got some nice drops. I think 3 gold and several silvers which I definitely plan to upgrade sooner or later.

My 5* roster now:
Takumi
Karel
Tiki (Young)
Azura
Xander (Spring)
Reinhardt
Fae
Elise
Camilla (from 4*)

I still need to look into Inheritance. I don't feel like experimenting there. Do recommendation charts or something like that already exist for that feature?

OMG Aero

I have a Julia that is +Atk/-Spd that I just got to level 40 and is probably my best unit and another Julia that is neutral.
Are any of Julia's skills worth passing down so I should save the second one for inheritance, or should I just combine them to increase her stats?

Cerium

I'm out here grinding 300 SP on Ninian, one kill at a time, just to get 1 more point of defense on her buff. Smh.

I have a Julia that is +Atk/-Spd that I just got to level 40 and is probably my best unit and another Julia that is neutral.
Are any of Julia's skills worth passing down so I should save the second one for inheritance, or should I just combine them to increase her stats?
I wouldn't bother combining 5* units at all unless you intend to play in whale waters. I would sit on the extra Julia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom