• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Kinda glad that they made the characters not super top tier. That way the event stays lighthearted and you don't start seeing bunnies everywhere in arena.

I guess I'll hold my orbs for the flyer banner. It looks good.

One thing that bugs me right now is that while I'm fairly happy with my arena team, I don't actually like any of the characters as characters. I'm just making do with whatever I got from pulls. If I get a few good fliers from the next banner, then maybe I can make something I like more.

Wanted to pull on this banner for Easter Camilla and hope to luck out on a good Cherche. I am also still after a good Kagero. Datamined banners just screwed with my plans considering they both coming as featured...

Akuun

So how good is Effie right now? I got a +Att -Sp 4 star one and 20K feathers ready to burn.
I think Effie is kind of like Hector right now in that she's not gamebreaking, but she's strong enough to cause serious trouble if your team doesn't have a game plan against her.

Brave Lance is popular on Effie. She wrecks face with that.

Are individual units weighted to appear more if Star level is equal? By that I mean is Donnel more likely to appear at 4* than Nowi?

.eJwFwcsNwyAMANBduPMxuDFkjQ5QIYIgUgIInFPV3fveVzzzEruozGPtWh_nSn0eanGfsWRVei9XjuNcKvVbR-aY6p0bL20RyW5AiNYhhs2AtoEMkvEULJGnlwP9TjPntmrnjzVA0jjpjASQzktwarQifn9a0Cf2.3Lo42bUOAxsp8Tq5hy2WOIavmrk

I don't know when that part got there, but in case anyone seriously believed there were hidden weights or something, there it is.

kswiston

I think Effie is kind of like Hector right now in that she's not gamebreaking, but she's strong enough to cause serious trouble if your team doesn't have a game plan against her.

Brave Lance is popular on Effie. She wrecks face with that.

I think Effie benefits from the current Arena scoring. Even with brave lance, she's basically a sitting duck for any team with Nino and a second ranged character. However, ranged characters typically have a 15-20 point stat disadvantage, so if you were running Effie and a bunch of dragons/tanky units, you probably wouldn't see as many mage heavy teams.

Welp got +spd/-res Bunnicina on my second orb searching for Nowi. With that speed and her A skill that could actually be somewhat viable. Hopefully these Easter units are bonus characters next arena.

Akuun

I think Effie benefits from the current Arena scoring. Even with brave lance, she's basically a sitting duck for any team with Nino and a second ranged character. However, ranged characters typically have a 15-20 point stat disadvantage, so if you were running Effie and a bunch of dragons/tanky units, you probably wouldn't see as many mage heavy teams.
Yup. I think Effie requires people to either bring their own Effie to fight her head to head, or have a team that can kite her (like a ranged unit + dancer or ranged unit + mobility skill). Her high stats also let you bring a ranged character along without tanking your stats too much, which is probably why Hector + Dancer teams are popular.

Teams with more than one ranged unit usually have a Hector or Effie somewhere in there to help patch up the lower stat total.

Scum

The Autobattle AI is hilarious. It's currently stuck in a loop as neither my chars or the enemy are willing to move. 😂😂

Akuun

The Autobattle AI is hilarious. It's currently stuck in a loop as neither my chars or the enemy are willing to move. 😂😂
REPOSITION
DRAG BACK
REPOSITION
DRAG BACK
REPOSITION!!!!
DRAG BACK!!!!!!!!

So I started pulling at 130 orbs for Bunny Camilla and Chrom, first pull was 5* Bunny Chrom. Nice.

...now I'm at 53 orbs with the only notable units being another Bunny Chrom (my first 5* dupe!), 5* Fae, and 4* Kagero. On the bright side, I don't really have a reason to pull for any of the upcoming banners, so I can easily hoard orbs again. I just hope Bunny Camilla doesn't totally bankrupt me.

Which Bunny Chrom is better to keep? +ATK/-DEF or -ATK/+DEF?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
At the very least, Chrom has his skill that lets Axe Users level up 2x faster, which should be useful in the future.

Mupod

At the very least, Chrom has his skill that lets Axe Users level up 2x faster, which should be useful in the future.

I just read that as axe users get half as much SP when leveling. Seriously I hope there's a better way to gain SP in the works.

MSMrRound

Urgh, just purchased some orbs and they are not showing up in my screen. Even had the Google wallet receipt and all in my inbox. Any idea where can i approach for the issue?

Edit: I'll try to relogin

I feel skeevy using this Bunny Camilla, but it's the best Green I've ever pulled...

Green pulls are generally poor. Makes me extremely grateful for the Julia I summoned way back from Family Bonds. She's still useful in Arena without skills. I still need more SP to get her new tools, but she'll definitely get there.

Linde is already back up to 512 SP, so I will actually give her decent skills.

Dee Dee

I go Bunny Chrom , is he any good? Hes +HP -Speed

Got Frederick and Fae too. Either of them good??

Frederick is good, he has a hammer which helps with armored units. He lacks in speed, so no double attacks and instant kills usually, but depending on what you use as a green on your team so far, he can help with Effie in arena for example. I just got Fae too, no idea yet about her, but when there's talk about dragons, most people will bring up Nowi, Tiki or maybe Corrin - so she's clearly not a top tier.

I have put all my dupes through the IV calculator, and it's decision time! Help me, EmblemGAF.

Donnel: -HP/+SPD or -RES/+HP or Neutral?
Generally speed is nice to have, but his weapon decreases his speed anyway. Wouldn't HP be more helpful with his skill where he can exchange HP with a neighbouring unit?
Honestly, I hardly use that, and if I do, than only because Donnel is completely useless on the map otherwise anyway (or he cleans house, and I use my other units to heal him).

Raven: -HP/+RES vs -SPD/+RES
He double attacks anyway when attacking first, but I had him quadruple attack a few times. This one's hard for me, since my current -HP Raven just hit level 39, and it feels such a waste to switch him out now to someone with low SPD?

Subaki: Neutral vs -ATK/+SPD
Extra speed worth it taking the hit on ATK?

Corrin (F): Neutral vs -DEF/+HP
I'll likely stay with neutral on this one, unless someone has a convincing argument not to?

Oboro: -SPD/+RES vs -HP/+DEF
Does Oboro need SPD? I have the feeling she might?

And here's a plethora of Florinas and Olivias to pick from:

Olivias:
Neutral
-ATK / +SPD
+RES / -SPD
+DEF / -SPD
Apparently most people will try to make her beefier with RES and DEF to keep her from dying instantly. I agree I hardly ever use her to attack either, but SPD can save her from getting doubled too... this one's really tough for me. Because WHEN I use her to attack, she deals surprisingly high damage.

Florinas:
-DEF/+SPD
+DEF/-RES (2x)
-ATK/+SPD
I don't even know or care that much. Why do I have 4x Florinas, urgh.

Any useful skills to get from these dupes? Hone ATK from the Olivias, any other suggestions?

Urgh, just purchased some orbs and they are not showing up in my screen. Even had the Google wallet receipt and all in my inbox. Any idea where can i approach for the issue?

The FAQ says it can take a few hours for it to show up, so give it a day - Customer Support will ask you to be patient too if you contact them within 24 hours. After that you should get this looked into, make sure you provide the receipt number to CS in your first contact.
You tried restarting the game already, I suppose?

Cerium

Man farming SP on Ninian is the worst I'm going to have to unequip Fury 3 and Dance cuz they are really limiting the number of kills I can get at a time.

60 orbs, only a single 4* to show for it... Hurts man. I don't even really have any interest in this bunny nonsense. Orbs were just burning a hole in my pocket. Dumb.

Silver lining is that I got another Lon'qu. Can finally make my Hector into the bastard one that ruined my perfect arena streak yesterday. Was all set to break 4600 but got myself in a position where none of my 4 units could take a single hit from Hector because of Vantage.

MSMrRound

-HP +SPD 3* Nino...uhhh...worth investing in?

...and of course my 90 free orbs gave pretty much nothing while 60 paid orbs gave Carrot Xander/5* normal Camilia and 5* Effie.

-HP +SPD 3* Nino...uhhh...worth investing in?

...and of course my 90 free orbs gave pretty much nothing while 60 paid orbs gave Carrot Xander/5* normal Camilia and 5* Effie.
+spd is great. Wouldn't worry too much about hp. Equip ardent sacrifice and desperation 3 and watch her slay so long as you have the units to buff her.

Gotchaye

Ardent sacrifice would synergize well with desperation.

I was thinking this for a Linde I got a few days ago, but I don't actually find that I have great opportunities to use Ardent Sacrifice. The most common case is when you open a fight by having an enemy suicide into one of your guys, then you fall back and use Ardent Sacrifice to set up for Desperation on the third turn. But if you don't manage to ORKO the enemy initiator, you might not be able to fall back and you'll want Linde to attack on the second turn. And if you do, then you've already established an advantage and you're less likely to need the help. Plus it only takes 2 Fury triggers to activate Desperation anyway. So I'm thinking of giving her Draw Back instead. If she's above 75% HP she's able to survive most counter-attacks anyway.

Cerium

Kinda glad that they made the characters not super top tier. That way the event stays lighthearted and you don't start seeing bunnies everywhere in arena.

I guess I'll hold my orbs for the flyer banner. It looks good.

One thing that bugs me right now is that while I'm fairly happy with my arena team, I don't actually like any of the characters as characters. I'm just making do with whatever I got from pulls. If I get a few good fliers from the next banner, then maybe I can make something I like more.

Wanted to pull on this banner for Easter Camilla and hope to luck out on a good Cherche. I am also still after a good Kagero. Datamined banners just screwed with my plans considering they both coming as featured...
Just so you guys know, two of those "banners" are actually the next voting battle. The only actual banner is the one with lame ass Caeda.

It seems inevitable but I hope they make Lyn's outfits as tasteful as possible.

Lyn is like my big sister it would be weird.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Just so you guys know, two of those "banners" are actually the next voting battle. The only actual banner is the one with lame ass Caeda.

It seems inevitable but I hope they make Lyn's outfits as tasteful as possible.

Lyn is like my big sister it would be weird.

But the last voting battle had banners for the characters in it right? So wouldn't we get pegasus and wyvern summoning banners then?

Cerium

But the last voting battle had banners for the characters in it right? So wouldn't we get pegasus and wyvern summoning banners then?

Hmmmm not a bad point.

I might pull for some Pallas but I must say, after playing around with the damage calculator I'm kind of thinking that Flier Emblem is not as OP as I once expected.

Since I plan to put most of my orbs into chasing Swift Sparrow, I might give up on my Flier Emblem team.

StAidan

I decided to drop 90 more orbs (in addition to the 140 earlier this morning) and ended up with a couple more 5*, Sheena and Camilla (normal, not Spring). This brings my total 5* roster to:

Tharja (promoted from 4*)
Ephraim
Catria
Hinoka
Spring Lucina
Sheena
Camilla

It's not the greatest list, but I feel like these should be pretty serviceable in most situations. Still missing a good colorless unit, but I hardly ever use them so maybe I have a terrific 4* right under my nose and don't even realize it. Seems like colorless units aren't often highlighted in this thread, and this place is where I get all my information.

I really need to sort the trash out of my huge 4* roster and send some folks home, I'm getting impatient about feathers and want to do some more promotions.

I was thinking this for a Linde I got a few days ago, but I don't actually find that I have great opportunities to use Ardent Sacrifice. The most common case is when you open a fight by having an enemy suicide into one of your guys, then you fall back and use Ardent Sacrifice to set up for Desperation on the third turn. But if you don't manage to ORKO the enemy initiator, you might not be able to fall back and you'll want Linde to attack on the second turn. And if you do, then you've already established an advantage and you're less likely to need the help. Plus it only takes 2 Fury triggers to activate Desperation anyway. So I'm thinking of giving her Draw Back instead. If she's above 75% HP she's able to survive most counter-attacks anyway.

Fury is another good option for sure, some compositions like to have that heal option though.

I'm thinking about making Ardent sacrifice work on Bunnicina (+Spd/-res). She could heal someone for 10 and heal herself for 5 (10 if she is danced to another attack). Try to use her as a viable healer. Be a fun experiment at least. Just need to decide her B and C slot. She's so fast I don't think I need any Breaker skills. Could go desparation just to give her another synergy with Ardent Sacrifice.

Cerium

God dammit these limited run event heroes are going to be what get me.

I'm staring at the purchase orb page thinking evil thoughts.

Must resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom