• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was sitting on 80 orbs and I hadn't pulled in forever.

Olwen (-ATK/+DEF, and I already have Linde and MRobin, so... useful for inheritance?)
Much-needed dupe Odin (skills!)
Dupe Nino (more skills!)
Beruka
Butz, I mean Barts
Cecilia

... then, very quickly due to color-sniping: Bunnycina (-HP/+ATK), Chrombbit (neutral), and Bunnymilla (-HP/+DEF). I kind of want to complete the set now, even if Camilla was the only one with possible utility.

Cerium

Was sitting on 80 orbs and I hadn't pulled in forever.

Olwen (-ATK/+DEF) useful for inheritance?)
Much-needed dupe Odin (skills!)
Dupe Nino (more skills!)
Beruka
Cecilia

... then, very quickly due to color-sniping: Bunnycina (-HP/+ATK), Chrombbit (neutral), and Bunnymilla (-HP/+DEF). I kind of want to complete the set now, even if Camilla was the only one with possible utility.

Lucina has arguably the greatest utility due to skill inheritance.

Although I do think that you could build a monstrous Flier Emblem team around Camilla. It would take a lot of work though.

Lucina has arguably the greatest utility due to skill inheritance.

Although I do think that you could build a monstrous Flier Emblem team around Camilla. It would take a lot of work though.

I've only put Vantage 3 on Takumi and Pivot on Effie. Still waiting on 3,000 feathers to stamp my passport to Nino Kuni.

I've got Azura, Eirika, Linde, Lucina, and some others to deploy with her.

At some point, I'll fire out Flier Emblem and Horse Emblem.

By the way-- thank you for your detailed responses in this thread. It really helps the rest of us figure out the meta.

Animekatt

Not a bad pull.

UZsaKDZl.jpg

lt519

Finished horse emblem quest. YOLO pull, 3* Bartre. 6 3*s so far on this banner, screw it.

Flier emblem quest up next. Armor emblem will never happen.

Spent everything I had because i can't help but pull when I see so many posting theirs.

Got bunny Chrom , a 5* ogma and 5* Lachesis with 80 orbs.

That's pretty garbage IMO. I need to just save orbs or something for things I really really want. It's tough for me not to spend them though. I really want the update that gives higher stamina to come already. I need to grind out so much SP it's killing me.

Cerium

I've only put Vantage 3 on Takumi and Pivot on Effie. Still waiting on 3,000 feathers to stamp my passport to Nino Kuni.

I've got Azura, Eirika, Linde, Lucina, and some others to deploy with her.

At some point, I'll fire out Flier Emblem and Horse Emblem.

By the way-- thank you for your detailed responses in this thread. It really helps the rest of us figure out the meta.

I'm glad y'all appreciate it. I'm learning as I go just as you guys do, I just tend to post more about it.

So yeah.

Voting Gauntlet time is probably going to be in about a week and a half from now.

Team Tiamo.
I might try to get Beruka to the second round (as if lol), then go Camilla the rest of the way. I have Subaki (who has no shot at all), Cordelia, Cherche, Beruka, and Camilla though, so I have options. Wish I had Hinoka, though that'd make choosing tougher.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Spring quotes are kinda cringy. I like how one of Xander's quotes is just "Nice Weather"

And aw yeah, got my skills to get 50% more normal badges. I really needed more of those.

The Spring quotes are kinda cringy. I like how one of Xander's quotes is just "Nice Weather"

And aw yeah, got my skills to get 50% more normal badges. I really needed more of those.

I appreciated Xander's "I don't normally dress like this, by the way" line.

It shows that IS is getting a little more self-aware.

Compared to the cringey story, and I know it's a throwaway line in an event, it gave me a little hope.

PtM

Banned
I admit, I don't really get the temptation. These aren't great in-game units and the costumes are pretty tacky. Okay, Lucina has a pretty good skill that in some circumstances may be marginally better than other available options but who's pulling for a specific focus 5* just to sacrifice them? I guess Xander's is kind of funny-looking in a not-embarrassing way?
The positive talk in here tempted me to do a pull, but I was kind of relieved to not get anything. At least I got another heavy.

I appreciated Xander's "I don't normally dress like this, by the way" line.

It shows that IS is getting a little more self-aware.

Compared to the cringey story, and I know it's a throwaway line in an event, it gave me a little hope.

If they give the localization to the Treehouse team then we'll be in for a roller coaster ride

spiritfox

I think it's a good thing that the Spring units are not very good. It means that IS is not pushing to add more power creep into the game just yet.

pHand

Started with 255 Orbs and ended with 10. I got Bunny Camilla, two Bunny Chroms (in the same pull, no less), and Bunny Lucina. I'm probably stupid enough to try to complete the set, but I'm F2P and will probably only get a few more chances.

In the process I also got a 3* -HP/+SPD and 4* +HP/-ATK Nino. Is either one viable?

Is Life for Bounty translated correctly? I find it odd that it icon has shards in it, but says badges.

The FE Heroes wiki says that it's indeed a typo, and Live for Bounty does increase shards and crystals earned. In that case, Bunny Camilla would be pretty useful in getting those daily crystals. Speaking of which, am I correct in observing that you get the crystals in the higher stratums only if most or all of your units survive? I noticed that if I beat the 10th stratum with only a single unit remaining, I only get shards. But if I finish with 3 or 4 units then I always get crystals.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The FE Heroes wiki says that it's indeed a typo, and Live for Bounty does increase shards and crystals earned. In that case, Bunny Camilla would be pretty useful in getting those daily crystals. Speaking of which, am I correct in observing that you get the crystals in the higher stratums only if most or all of your units survive? I noticed that if I beat the 10th stratum with only a single unit remaining, I only get shards. But if I finish with 3 or 4 units then I always get crystals.

It feels like the number of units remaining increase your reward, but I'm not really sure, it could just be random.

ggx2ac

I don't think I'd want to roll any greens for the next voting gauntlet. I want Minerva but I'd probably end up with Cherche, Beruka, or Camilla.

And I may as well pick Camilla since she would probably win just like Lucina.

So I would get an extra 500 crystals or shards per day, if I had one.

Rolled 59 orbs on this banner. Got Spring Lucina (-HP + DEF) and Spring Chrom (-ATK + RES). Needless to say, Chrom is trash with that bane/boon, but Lucina may not be too bad. 25/25 defenses are alright, its just her HP that will be terrible. If I run her as an offensive nuke, it should be fine though, as long as she can take a hit. Otherwise, her Swift Sparrow will make eggcellent fodder.

Also found out that players on emulators or rooted phones (or anyone who was getting the 3001 error previously it seems) are now banned from buying orbs. Supposedly you are fine if you switch to an actual phone at least. Not sure what the decision around that is to be honest, though I hope it isn't a precursor to outright banning.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Rolled 59 orbs on this banner. Got Spring Lucina (-HP + DEF) and Spring Chrom (-ATK + RES). Needless to say, Chrom is trash with that bane/boon, but Lucina may not be too bad. 25/25 defenses are alright, its just her HP that will be terrible. If I run her as an offensive nuke, it should be fine though, as long as she can take a hit. Otherwise, her Swift Sparrow will make eggcellent fodder.

Also found out that players on emulators or rooted phones (or anyone who was getting the 3001 error previously it seems) are now banned from buying orbs. Supposedly you are fine if you switch to an actual phone at least. Not sure what the decision around that is to be honest, though I hope it isn't a precursor to outright banning.

Hm.... well I hope they don't ban, since I'm using Android emulators for my 2 alternate accounts...

Sterok

Since I have a million Shannas, I gave Nino Desperation. I'm not willing to go full Nino Kuni without Azura or Ninian, but it should be easier for me to replace Robin with someone else now that she can take a hit from Takumi and proceed to wreck face without fear of retaliation.

Sushen

What would happen to merged 4* unit (+1) when I promote it to 5*? Lose the extra level? I've got 4* Ninos that I can merge to overcome bad traits, but worry about losing the extra stats.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What would happen to merged 4* unit (+1) when I promote it to 5*? Lose the extra level? I've got 4* Ninos that I can merge to overcome bad traits, but worry about losing the extra stats.

Yes, you do get a minor discount for the 5* upgrade though.

champloo

Spent 200 orbs and got zero banner unit. Instead I pulled a vanilla Camilla.. I was sitting there watching the summon animation and thinking, hmm maybe they reused the animation for the bunny version.. nope

Cerium

Spent 200 orbs and got zero banner unit. Instead I pulled a vanilla Camilla.. I was sitting there watching the summon animation and thinking, hmm maybe they reused the animation for the bunny version.. nope

That's extraordinarily bad luck. Condolences.

This games gatcha sucks so horribly. I've noticed getting banner units is harder than other mobile games gatchas.

At the very least the rate at which 5*s appearing goes up the worse luck you have, but those banner units won't show for many of us.

Nista

I rolled and got no Springtime units at all. But I have a ton of extra 4* Olivias now. What can I do with them, since you can't skill inherit dance?

champloo

That's extraordinarily bad luck. Condolences.

Thanks :) I got some decent 4*'s to experiment with so I won't complaint

This games gatcha sucks so horribly. I've noticed getting banner units is harder than other mobile games gatchas.

At the very least the rate at which 5*s appearing goes up the worse luck you have, but those banner units won't show for many of us.

Exactly. What I learned is to never chase after any unit from the gacha. Instead I should try to work with what I get. Less frustration and more surprises this way.

Cerium

Can I give Nino's weapon to others? If so, I don't need to cling on her.

Yes but you'll want to have a clear plan for that beforehand.

I have personally entertained the idea of giving Nino's Gronnblade+ to Spring Camilla and running Flier Emblem. Camilla would become a flying ranged nuke that should be able to blow up most units in one hit. You would need to sacrifice a 5* Nino and you would also have to have at least two Pallas, one to level and one to sacrifice.

Kuga

My horrible gacha luck has finally, finally been turned around. (Seriously, my average 5* pull rate from 960ish orbs was ~4.75% before this banner).

I saved orbs since the Princesses banner for an event like this. About 280 Orbs later:

1.) First pull - Spring Camilla +spd, -HP which is great for flier emblem buff super Camilla
2.) Later - two
Hectors, three sets of green/blue pulls apart. +Atk -Res!!! and a puny -HP +Def version.
3.) A 5* Catria (already have a great one which is +atk -def, and this one is +atk -res, so whatever
4.) Spring Lucina to finish it off. Neutral, which is not great or bad I guess.

Overall, absolutely amazing luck. Pretty much makes up for the horrible disheartening gachas from prior banners.

Achtius

Hmmm you're right about the blade buff. Switch it up to Fortify Fliers and Hone Fliers.

18 damage from those two, plus you can fit two rallies for another 8, total of 26.

You don't need rally.. Hinoka and Caeda covers all 4 stats. I assumed the two palla buffs is for 4 more attack for Camilla and, 8 more for the rest of the team.

edit of an edit: +24 stats from blade, + 6 from the actual + atk buff, and 4 more from Goad fliers, so +34 atk.

Cerium

You don't need rally.. Hinoka and Caeda covers all 4 stats. I assumed the two palla buffs is for 4 more attack for Camilla and, 8 more for the rest of the team.
Yeah I corrected that. It's 24 total. I'm running it through the damage calculator now.

Goad Fliers is probably not reliable in this scenario since you'll want the 4th slot to be a bonus character.

Cerium

that's true, 30.. is still really good....

It one shots a neutral Lucina. It one shots Ryoma. One shots Hector.

Pretty pretty good results. If you give her Death Blow it pretty much guarantees anything dies in one hit.

Okay the only thing I've found that can stand up to it is Sanaki and Triangle Adept. Everything else is dead as fuck. I don't think you even need Death Blow, just give her Iote's Shield to shut down archers.

If I had an extra Nino I'd start building this shit. We've got banners coming up with Caeda and Hinoka, this can actually be viable to put together.

champloo

It one shots a neutral Lucina. It one shots Ryoma. One shots Hector.

Pretty pretty good results. If you give her Death Blow it pretty much guarantees anything dies in one hit.

Okay the only thing I've found that can stand up to it is Sanaki and Triangle Adept. Everything else is dead as fuck. I don't think you even need Death Blow, just give her Iote's Shield to shut down archers.

If I had an extra Nino I'd start building this shit. We've got banners coming up with Caeda and Hinoka, this can actually be viable to put together.

Actually, Camilla can straight up tank a hit from Takumi with all those buffs. So Iote's shield might be a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom