• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninferno

While I'm still struggling to get a perfect run with my "all melee, no dancer" main account team in the hope of breaking 4600, my alt account's team of Hector(pivot, vantage 3)/Lucina(Fury 3, Desperation 3)/Reinhardt(Fury 3) has really been growing on me lately. Arena perfect streaks have been cakewalks for weeks. It has balanced colors, balanced movement types, and balanced damage types. My luck in pulling focus units have been legendarily bad so my fourth member is always a GHB lv40 deadweight. But even at 3vs4 all the time deathless runs still feel like a piece of cake for this team. BST is the literally the only drawback but I've done what I can to slap Fury 3 on both Lucina and Reinhardt (I would have liked a death blow 3 for the latter but I don't have Klein because I haven't opened a colorless orb for ages). Combined with zero luck in getting focus units I can barely break 4500 on this alt account even with carefully selected "close to score upper bound" matches. The April match making overhaul just can't come soon enough.

One thing I've been thinking about this account is what I should replace Reinhardt's B skill with. He comes with Vantage and that's pretty much useless for him, but I don't seem to find any other B skill that can benefit him much. He's already massacring any red with ease so red breakers won't add much. Lance Breaker also doesn't seem useful because Ephraim generally can't survive Dire Thunder anyway due to his terrible RES and Effie moves so slowly that I'm not in a hurry to deal with her. Even B Tome breaker doesn't make too sense due to Linde's low HP and MRobin's low RES, even if I'm a few points short I can always move in Lucina or Hector for some ATK spurring. If I ever put on a blue breaker skill it is pretty much just for "survive an attack from Ephraim/Linde" which should have been avoided in the first place due to Reinhardt's superior movement, although in some forest-heavy map this might still come in handy.

What do you guys think, did I miss any B skill that can potentially be useful for him?

Sushen

Yes but you'll want to have a clear plan for that beforehand.

I have personally entertained the idea of giving Nino's Gronnblade+ to Spring Camilla and running Flier Emblem. Camilla would become a flying ranged nuke that should be able to blow up most units in one hit. You would need to sacrifice a 5* Nino and you would also have to have at least two Pallas, one to level and one to sacrifice.
Does it have to be a green mage or any mage? I can give her weapon to my Reinhardt or even Sanaki...

With another 60 orbs down the drain, I need to figure something out with what I've got.

Achtius

Does it have to be a green mage or any mage? I can give her weapon to my Reinhardt or even Sanaki...

With another 60 orbs down the drain, I need to figure something out with what I've got.

Gotta be same colour mage. There is blue and red version of the blade tome on Odin and tharja.

Sushen

Gotta be same colour mage. There is blue and red version of the blade tome on Odin and tharja.
Oh, I didn't realize that. Then, how come Nino is far more popular than Tharja and, not to mention, Odin? I can build up buff machine out of Tharja, too?

Cerium

Tharja is two points slower, lol.

Sanaki is slow, Tharja is not slow. She's just slightly slower and with a lower attack than Nino (2 less speed, 1 less attack).

I didn't say she sucked, she's quite good, but -2 is not insignificant in that range.

Sterok

Speaking of Tharja, I pulled a 5* one earlier today. My first decent Red Mage too. +Speed -Res. Not quite as good as Nino, but I'm sure I can make use of her.

champloo

While I'm still struggling to get a perfect run with my "all melee, no dancer" main account team in the hope of breaking 4600, my alt account's team of Hector(pivot, vantage 3)/Lucina(Fury 3, Desperation 3)/Reinhardt(Fury 3) has really been growing on me lately. Arena perfect streaks have been cakewalks for weeks. It has balanced colors, balanced movement types, and balanced damage types. My luck in pulling focus units have been legendarily bad so my fourth member is always a GHB lv40 deadweight. But even at 3vs4 all the time deathless runs still feel like a piece of cake for this team. BST is the literally the only drawback but I've done what I can to slap Fury 3 on both Lucina and Reinhardt (I would have liked a death blow 3 for the latter but I don't have Klein because I haven't opened a colorless orb for ages). Combined with zero luck in getting focus units I can barely break 4500 on this alt account even with carefully selected "close to score upper bound" matches. The April match making overhaul just can't come soon enough.

One thing I've been thinking about this account is what I should replace Reinhardt's B skill with. He comes with Vantage and that's pretty much useless for him, but I don't seem to find any other B skill that can benefit him much. He's already massacring any red with ease so red breakers won't add much. Lance Breaker also doesn't seem useful because Ephraim generally can't survive Dire Thunder anyway due to his terrible RES and Effie moves so slowly that I'm not in a hurry to deal with her. Even B Tome breaker doesn't make too sense due to Linde's low HP and MRobin's low RES, even if I'm a few points short I can always move in Lucina or Hector for some ATK spurring. If I ever put on a blue breaker skill it is pretty much just for "survive an attack from Ephraim/Linde" which should have been avoided in the first place due to Reinhardt's superior movement, although in some forest-heavy map this might still come in handy.

What do you guys think, did I miss any B skill that can potentially be useful for him?

I've been thinking which unit can make good use of Pass. With Reinhardt's reach and power he could possibly use this skill to snipe an enemy backliner allowing your melee units to sweep without worrying getting nuked next turn. It also certainly makes him more threatening on a defense team. Don't take my words seriously though as I've never tried it lol

Cerium

Speaking of Tharja, I pulled a 5* one earlier today. My first decent Red Mage too. +Speed -Res. Not quite as good as Nino, but I'm sure I can make use of her.

You pulled the perfect nature, congratulations.

Another reason it's a little harder to build around Tharja is that Eirika is a red and therefore not a natural compliment, making it a little harder to get the buffs you need, but you can certainly work around that.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think I just had my first encounter with a whale.

JuS1Cnm.jpg

I saw the Bunny Lucina was +3 so I was like "wow, someone already has her at +3?"

Then I checked the other units and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Good thing it was on the super kite/split friendly mountain map and they didn't have much SI stuff.

Sterok

Another reason it's a little harder to build around Tharja is that Eirika is a red and therefore not a natural compliment, making it a little harder to get the buffs you need, but you can certainly work around that.

I have good luck with important mages. My Nino is +Speed -Res while Robin is +Attack -Res, which allows him to oneshot Takumi with some buffs (Nino's Hone Attack and/or Lucina's Spur Attack). Kind of annoys me that they count for less in the Arena, but that's what Fury Lucina is for.

You could always just make Ephraim blue Eirika.

Vena

In fact with a Rally they can triple buff, opening up room for a Dancer. That's their key advantage.

Curious synergies indeed. But I do not like giving up mobility slots for triple buffs, there's too many situations where Pivot is hilarious bullshit for getting across chasms and forests without wasting turns.

Rolled three times for the Spring Event. Picked up Hector, Hinoka, Azura, Spring Lucina, and Spring Xander. Hopefully I'll be able to grind enough orbs to try and get Spring Chrom, the only one I actually wanted. :/

Ninferno

I've been thinking which unit can make good use of Pass. With Reinhardt's reach and power he could possibly use this skill to snipe an enemy backliner allowing your melee units to sweep without worrying getting nuked next turn. It also certainly makes him more threatening on a defense team. Don't take my words seriously though as I've never tried it lol

Hey, that's a really cool angle I haven't put much thought into previously. Thanks bro. I will try to start evaluating this idea by forcing myself into thinking "how would I have handled this differently if my Reinhardt has Pass" during arena matches.

I like your evil thought about defense too; it might actually catch people by surprise. My current defense team is Hector(leader)/Abel/Jagen/Reinhardt. The mind game works like if people see Hector and think their reds can have a feast, they are in for a surprise; they are not prepared for a blue double-brave mini Horse Emblem! lol Pass might just add yet another level of evilness to it.

Ponn

Banned
I pulled a bunny suit Xander. Kinda wanted a Lucina because I still don't have one, but I don't have a Xander either so I guess i'm ok with Captain Carrot.

I still have story missions to play with orbs, haven't been tempted to put any money into this game and doubt I ever will. Only play it like once a week now as it is.

Hiltz

So how do you figure out a character's nature? Here's some of my units below:

Erika lvl 40, 5 star
hp: 45
attack: 42
speed: 35
def: 26
res: 24

Kagora lvl. 40, 5 star
hp: 31
attack: 40
speed: 35
def: 22
res: 24

Olivia lvl. 34, 4 star
hp:33
attack: 34
speed: 26
def: 21
res: 20

Spring Lucina lvl. 27, 5 star
hp: 30
attack: 34
speed: 25
def: 18
res: 22

Articalys

Huh, somehow my garbage defense team actually managed to take out a guy who was just strong enough to get me the max 500 feathers for this round. No idea how that happened.

Anyone have any statistics on the actual appearance of certain Heroes. I'm not sure if it's really that random.

I have received about over 140 units total, and I have received between 4-6 copies of certain units. Donnel, Gwendolyn, Sully, and Frederick have been the biggest repeat offenders, and there are several others who have come up 3 times.

What is the story with the rest of you all?

Cerium

Anyone have any statistics on the actual appearance of certain Heroes. I'm not sure if it's really that random.

I have received about over 140 units total, and I have received between 4-6 copies of certain units. Donnel, Gwendolyn, Sully, and Frederick have been the biggest repeat offenders, and there are several others who have come up 3 times.

What is the story with the rest of you all?

I got 6 FemCorrins.

macklelol

Finally finished getting all the skills I wanted for my Cordelia. Adding up the costs of all the skills she learned, it adds up to over 3500 SP lol.

ggx2ac

Decided to spend more orbs since I felt I wasn't​ going to get anything from the next Grand Hero Battle Banner.

Thankfully I didn't have to spend much to get what I wanted and can save the orbs for the Voting Gauntlet Banner.

Finally, FINALLY finished the 10th stratum Armor quest thanks to Hector, a 5* Sheena (who seems to be a unit with a lot of potential), and way too much time spent refreshing for optimal matchups. Decided to do a few victory pulls...yeesh. Yet another 3* Beruka/3* Gunter/3* Barst/3* Cherche, 3* Clarine, and 4* Palla. Hell, if I somehow end up with Minerva and Hinoka, I'll have all 8 of the Gauntlet units.

NawtKool

Neo Member
Pulled me a Blucina, and she's +Res/-Atk. Blech. I'll probably keep her (as in no SI) though just to have an Easter unit, since I don't think I'll pull anymore off this banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom