• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNum

Bet your Ninian doesn't have that.

Now to grind 450 more SP for Luna.
My Ninian has that. Well, she will when she racks up the SP for it. Since you say Luna, I guess your Ninian inherited from a Frederick, too?

900 more SP to go until mine is complete.

Ninferno

I've now successfully resisted the temptation of pulling from the Easter banner on both of my accounts for one whole day! I think I'm going to do fine in continuing that trend:)

I do think the bunny units are interesting but I just want to replenish my orb reserve that was emptied during my tragic Ninian hunt attempts, because I want Celica real bad. I hope my luck comes around by the time the inevitable Shadows of Vatlentia banner comes out. I bet the SOV units in Heroes will be pretty awesome both in game and portraits wise, especially the portraits. I really like what I saw in the SOV trailers, combined that with the obvious marketing needs and motivations, I'm very hopeful that will turn out to be the case.

Mupod

Well, I did like I said and threw 20 at the easter banner. Wasn't expecting much, especially after my 300 orb failure but:

hD8WuKE.jpg

I found some 5* abs. Looks like neutral stats. Maybe not the best character but considering I don't have any tanky or axe 5*, we're cool.

Also, finished leveling this thing. Still need a little SP but the inherited skills are up and running.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Green orbs are so rare...used another 20 stones, no Bunny Camilla but i pulled 5* Minerva...is she good ? First Green Flying unit.

Mr. Virus

Pulled my first 2 bunnies.

+Atk/-Def Chrom (I'll live)
+Atk/-Spd Lucina (Bit gutting but I'll roll with it)

If I see another 3* Cecilia appear before me I might delete the damned thing though!

Mupod

Need some help figuring out who to upgrade to 5 Stars. So far I've only gotten Male Robin and Eirika.

Effie and Kagero are the obvious standouts. Can you post their level 1 stats? If they aren't level 1, you'll need to get them to 20 and get a preview of their level 1 stats at 5* in the unlock potential screen.

Effie and Kagero are the obvious standouts. Can you post their level 1 stats? If they aren't level 1, you'll need to get them to 20 and get a preview of their level 1 stats at 5* in the unlock potential screen.

Effie needs to get leveled up first, but I have Kageros.

HP 15
Atk 12
Def 3
Spd 8
Res 5

FeD.nL

Effie needs to get leveled up first, but I have Kageros.

HP 15
Atk 12
Def 3
Spd 8
Res 5

Perfect IV's on that one. -def/+atk is what you want and you have that. I would promote that one tbh.

Edit: I would level her to 40 first on 4* for the additional SP, because you need at least 300 for her 5* weapon.

Effie's 5* stats are

Hp 23
Atk 23
Spd 5
Def 11
Res 3

Edit:Whoops Double Post.

evangd007

Spent 84 orbs on the banner and got Xander, Lucina, and Camilla. Normally I spend 100+ orbs and end up with 1 garbage off-banner 5*, so this is the best gacha luck I've ever had in this game.

Some advice for those that want to pull on this banner and haven't yet: target greens and blues, do not pull on reds and whites. With no focus units on those colors, the whammy chance is very high and not worth the risk.

Mupod

Effie's 5* stats are

Hp 23
Atk 23
Spd 5
Def 11
Res 3

Edit:Whoops Double Post.

+HP / -res. Not perfect, but certainly not bad. But yeah, go for the Kagero.

I'm surprised I've never found a 4* Effie considering the absolutely insane number of blues I've pulled. I just have a horde of Subakis. Part of the reason I keep a stock of 20k feathers is in case I find a good Effie to promote.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
How good is Moonbow anyway? I keep hearing about everyone using it for its short cooldown, but I don't know if it's worth adding to existing characters that already have a lot of SP to grind through on their plate. Is it better than some existing decent skills like Luna, Bonfire, etc.?

I have some characters who double pretty regularly or have skills that will help them double, so a short cooldown skill like Moonbow might be really good.

Mupod

How good is Moonbow anyway? I keep hearing about everyone using it for its short cooldown, but I don't know if it's worth adding to existing characters that already have a lot of SP to grind through on their plate. Is it better than some existing decent skills like Luna, Bonfire, etc.?

I have some characters who double pretty regularly or have skills that will help them double, so a short cooldown skill like Moonbow might be really good.

in my case I've put Moonbow on Nino, and will soon have it on Linde. These are characters that do so much damage that 30% reduced resistance means they'll one shot whatever it is. The short cooldown is mostly to counteract the +1 special count from a -blade tome. I don't have the -blade tome on Linde yet but I plan to eventually, right now she just has New Moon so it's essentially the same as moonbow+blade tome.

I haven't done the math but Bonfire seems quite effective on Robin and I'd imagine it'd be even better on another high defense character. I plan on giving it to the Hawkeye I found today simply because I have a bunch of Robins. I'll probably give him Swap/Quick Riposte 2 as well because I have, no exaggeration, 14 Subakis.

Moonbow is good for Nino since Blade tome slows specials by one. Ideally you'd want for your special cooked up ready for the next encounter instead of triggering on the second hit of a double (if it's a unit fast enough to double that is). A 3 turn cooldown seems ideal. For slow characters like Ephraim he's perfect with Moonbow which he starts off with anyway.

Luna is really good on Lucina and stuff like Bonfire/Glacier are really good as well. Michalis with Ignis hits like a monster truck

Don't put Moonbow on someone with a -1 cooldown weapon. Made that mistake with Eldigan. Sounds great on paper but when you are attacking with swordbreaker your first hit would charge your special, but first the enemy has to go meaning they get a hit on with out fear of charging your special further. Luna or Bonfire are better IMO on the -1 charge weapons.

fek

Max leveled bunny Camilla, I could give her Nino's 5* weapon but I don't think I have a proper team to support her. My Cordelia and Catria are both -atk, my Minerva is -hp +def but she's green too so not sure if worth it. I have a bunch of 3* Palla though.

Akuun

Thanks guys. That means I don't need to touch the special skills on my team at the moment. It's nice because I don't need to grind more SP, but it's also bad because I have like 8 Odins sitting around.

Gotchaye

Replacing Takumi with Linde w/ Fury got me to 4640 points and rank 509. I'm now trying Eirika w/ Fury instead of Sharena, but the matches I played were pretty rough. Anna without Fury is not really able to do much against the merged and Furied heroes I run into at this BST, but I lack a better bonus hero. With Linde around to deal with Effie she's not nearly as vital to my game plan.

Mupod

Don't put Moonbow on someone with a -1 cooldown weapon. Made that mistake with Eldigan. Sounds great on paper but when you are attacking with swordbreaker your first hit would charge your special, but first the enemy has to go meaning they get a hit on with out fear of charging your special further. Luna or Bonfire are better IMO on the -1 charge weapons.

Hmm...you've given me the idea of maybe trying Glacies (80% of Res damage, 4 charge) on Hawkeye instead as his Res is 30. After taking an attack and doing a Quick Riposte double, it'd be fully charged as he has a Killer Axe. With Death Blow, his next attack would be 44+30. That'd put a dent in something.

Bonfire would be +14 on the second Quick Riposte counter, so no slouch there either.

Reprisal or Vengeance is another option considering he's quite beefy, but it's not an easy special to come by. I don't think I even have someone with Reprisal, let alone extras. No dupes for Vengeance either.

Could also get rid of one of my garbage -atk Ravens for Sol, which would synergize with Death Blow and have the fun benefit of possibly getting him back into Quick Riposte range. Maybe not a top tier unit but Hawkguy sure is fun to theorycraft with.

Vena

Finally got 20 orbs again, and pulled!

q.q

At least I got three Pallas for Moonbows for everyone, I guess. Oh, and turns out this 4* Kagero is +sped/-hp, so that's not bad, not bad at all.

Is perfect Kagero +att?

Akuun

Glacies is good. I've even run into a team that built around it. There was a Klein with Glacies and an Azura with Fortify Res.

I was very surprised when Klein punched through my Triangle Adept MRobin with double shot > sing > Glacies.

Akuun

How fast is Kagero normally? Being +spd might be good for her because it may prevent high speed units from doubling her.

Not sure if +atk or +spd is better for her.

She's 32 normally so with boon she could be doubling people. When you're looking at arena though, she could never possibly double Lucina for example so Attack boon is better.

32 is fine for doubling stuff like Ephraim who you can't kill in one hit. Speed bane would suck in that scenario since he's a guaranteed body otherwise.

Vena

How fast is Kagero normally? Being +spd might be good for her because it may prevent high speed units from doubling her.

Not sure if +atk or +spd is better for her.

Base 32. She can't normally be doubled by any of the super-mages.

+SPD boon is still good, don't get me wrong, since she gains the ability to double some newer targets as well which would have normally been in 5-shot of her speed. I was just curious if +ATT or +SPD was considered better, and given the way she scales/hits, +ATT is probably better since nothing "scary" seems to normally threaten her outright with doubling. +SPD does, however, make it harder for her to get doubled with buffs taken into account.

Mupod

Still casually searching for bunny lucina, pulled 5* linde. Sadly she's - hp + defense which doesn't seem too helpful for her.

honestly anything other than -spd Linde is pretty awesome. Sadly -hp still doesn't mean she can hit 75% after one session of Fury, that'd be crazy.

Sushen

Luna is really good on Lucina and stuff like Bonfire/Glacier are really good as well. Michalis with Ignis hits like a monster truck
Isn't the charge time too long? I'm still deciding what to give my Michalis. Judging from other post Moonbow isn't ideal. Then it'll be Luna(3) or Ignis(4) while he has cool down-1 weapon.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if they will ever add a Passive/Skill that can kill an enemy. They all leave enemies at 1HP right now.

Shinypogs

honestly anything other than -spd Linde is pretty awesome. Sadly -hp still doesn't mean she can hit 75% after one session of Fury, that'd be crazy.

I shall have to look up Linde builds at some point. Also all my good units aside from Effie are mages/dragons. I've just come to accept that I'm going to be primarily running mage teams.

Ran into an advanced arena team of Takumi, Kagero, that male blue horse mage and male robin because I was dodging a Nino in intermediate. Lost nobody because Merric is best tank mage and dancing is op on offense. I really need to give him a special with a lower cooldown though. On one hand I fucking love the aoe but on the other hand something he can get off more than once a battle would be nice.

Srsly though fuck Nino she's the biggest pain in my ass I've ever had in this game. I should not be taking on harder challenges to avoid miss "tho she be but little she is fierce."

Is it really worth spending the sp on spring Camilla for her skill that gives more crystals/shards? I mean I'm likely going to replace all her skills eventually so I could just save sp for that.

Mupod

I shall have to look up Linde builds at some point. Also all my good units aside from Effie are mages/dragons. I've just come to accept that I'm going to be primarily running mage teams.

Ran into an advanced arena team of Takumi, Kagero, that male blue horse mage and male robin because I was dodging a Nino in intermediate. Lost nobody because Merric is best tank mage and dancing is op on offense. I really need to give him a special with a lower cooldown though. On one hand I fucking love the aoe but on the other hand something he can get off more than once a battle would be nice.

Srsly though fuck Nino she's the biggest pain in my ass I've ever had in this game. I should not be taking on harder challenges to avoid miss "tho she be but little she is fierce."

Is it really worth spending the sp on spring Camilla for her skill that gives more crystals/shards? I mean I'm likely going to replace all her skills eventually so I could just save sp for that.

If your Merric is +atk (or buffed with hone atk), you could give him attack+3 and Green Tomebreaker to deal with your Nino problem. Don't think he'd take out Julia though. God his attack stat is so bad, got him as my second 5* and it was rough going.

Linde cookiecutter build is Fury/Desperation with Moonbow special. Could do whatever you want from there. I'll be leaving on ardent defender and fortify resistance.

do they still owe us rewards for one the events?

Not that I know of. The twitter quiz is still ongoing, with the payout next Friday. If we get the next two right that's 10 orbs and 5000 feathers.

Akuun

Breaker skills are great for same-type matchups. I have Blue Tomebreaker on MRobin, and it lets him beat some Lindes. There was one time a Linde survived with 1 HP and killed him back though. :(

I also have Lancebreaker on Ephriam, which works wonders for his low speed. You suddenly have this slow guy who normally gets doubled by most of the cast not only avoiding doubles, but freaking doubling tons of people back.

Shinypogs

If your Merric is +atk (or buffed with hone atk), you could give him attack+3 and Green Tomebreaker to deal with your Nino problem. Don't think he'd take out Julia though. God his attack stat is so bad, got him as my second 5* and it was rough going.

Linde cookiecutter build is Fury/Desperation with Moonbow special. Could do whatever you want from there. I'll be leaving on ardent defender and fortify resistance.

Not that I know of. The twitter quiz is still ongoing, with the payout next Friday. If we get the next two right that's 10 orbs and 5000 feathers.

Nope he's + hp - res so mages really hurt him but physical attackers even with wta are not taking him down in less than 3 shots for the most part. His atk gets helped by seal res on my Fem Corrin as well as her hone atk, before I had her he definitely struggled getting quick kills in but he usually won in the end anyways. atk+3 is tempting but I'd have to give up hp+5.

Ty for the suggestion I will def consider it depending on how the coming weeks go and I'll work on getting linde up and running as a unit I can swap in from time to some for funsies.

The rise in mage meta over physical meta has made my team struggle but I'm still doing well enough that the game is mostly fun for me. If flier emblem becomes a thing i might laugh to death because there's no way enough units in those teams will have Iotes shield to protect them from Excalibur.

When the inherent skills update hit, I had a 5* marth and 5* Chrom. Always used Marth and benched chrom because I felt he was superior. I loved the special attack of Aether though, so what's the first thing I do? Have Marth eat Chrom. And now, after way way way way too much SP farming I finally learn aether for Marth despite its hefty ass cost. Feels good man. Chrom did not die in vain.

Akuun

Oh man, if Flier Emblem becomes a thing then I am so boned. I don't have any anti-flier units at 5*.

Breaker skills are great for same-type matchups. I have Blue Tomebreaker on MRobin, and it lets him beat some Lindes. There was one time a Linde survived with 1 HP and killed him back though. :(

I also have Lancebreaker on Ephriam, which works wonders for his low speed. You suddenly have this slow guy who normally gets doubled by most of the cast not only avoiding doubles, but freaking doubling tons of people back.

I got Ephraim on a small pull yesterday (+spd/-def) and am struggling with what to do with him. I think I want to use quick riposte and let units run into him. I am putting ardent sacrifice on Nino so she could get him back up in range to trigger it and Ninian will be there to boost his defense back to where it should be. I don't have anyone to bum Fury off of right now, but maybe armored blow or defense would be good for A slot. I also have his sister to buff him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom