• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

Actually for the build I have in mind, SPD kagero may actually be ideal. Gonna have to look at stat spreads and where L&D3 or DartB3 with SPD boon puts her.

C8Qw6ePUIAENtiK.jpg
Time to find a worthwhile special for her.

Her B is poison cause I didn't know what the hell else to put there.

Vena

Time to find a worthwhile special for her.

Her B is poison cause I didn't know what the hell else to put there.

Seal speed or attack or resistance. She can tank mages for days, may as well seal them after the fact. Nothing will make her survive physical though.

I'd toss Hone Attack for something else as well, it's kind of redundant with Cymbeline unless you are very aware of positioning.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I got Ephraim on a small pull yesterday (+spd/-def) and am struggling with what to do with him. I think I want to use quick riposte and let units run into him. I am putting ardent sacrifice on Nino so she could get him back up in range to trigger it and Ninian will be there to boost his defense back to where it should be. I don't have anyone to bum Fury off of right now, but maybe armored blow or defense would be good for A slot. I also have his sister to buff him as well.
With +Spd I'm not sure if he'll still be able to avoid getting doubled. That's a pretty rough IV IMO.

Ephriam is my core support character and more or less my replacement for a dancer. I have Lucina and MRobin always hanging around him to grab buffs before flying out to kill things, though with Lancebreaker he's become good in a fight too.

Here's my build for him right now, and it's been working well for me so far.

Support: Reposition - super good for pulling MRobin to safety after a fight, or for propelling one of the DPS into a good position so that they can reach out and kill someone in one turn. Ephriam being pretty tanky against certain units (but very squishy against others!) means that leaving him in danger after the reposition is sometimes a viable option. The fact that using Reposition a lot always places someone beside Ephriam means that those units are usually already in a good position to get his buffs, too.

A: Fury - My Ephriam is -atk +hp so this helps mitigate some of that. The higher BST helps too.

B: Lancebreaker - Lets him stand up against all those lancers in the arena that would otherwise double and kill him. It kind of works like a bootleg Wary Fighter, since he naturally has high defense and attack but is weak to double attacks. This skill is what made him much more viable in a fight for me, since avoiding doubles saves his life and Ephriam landing doubles himself is devastating. I don't have a green on my team so I have to make my blues good against the blue-vs-blue matchup. I think I also saw him double Effie with this before (didn't kill her though) because maybe Lancebreaker goes through Wary Fighter?

C: Hone Speed - Turns him into Blue Eirika. Both Lucina and MRobin benefit from this (MRobin more so) because it lets him either oneshot or double units he otherwise couldn't.

I think Ephriam's main weakness is against mages thanks to his low speed and res. Most non-red units can kill him with double attacks, so his defense doesn't help as much as you might think. That +10 Ephriam I ran into a few pages ago still died to a double attack from MRobin. But with Lancebreaker, I find he's great against other lancers. The other threat lies in blue dragons like Nowi and Ninian, so you'll need some way to counter that.

One day I'll make you viable Fir, one day

Hm...

Lyn:
37 HP | 28 Atk | 37 Spd | 26 Def | 29 Res
Fir:
41 HP | 25 Atk | 36 Spd | 24 Def | 31 Res

Basically, someone at the development team said "-3 Atk, -1 Spd for +4 HP? Fair trade imo". Yeah, I'm not so sure about that, IntSys. >.> Then Lyn gets a legendary weapon w/ free Desperation 2 while Fir doesn't...

Er, uh, anyways, with such a similar (albeit worse) stat spread, I suppose you could build a budget Lyn?

With +Spd I'm not sure if he'll still be able to avoid getting doubled. That's a pretty rough IV IMO.

Ephriam is my core support character and more or less my replacement for a dancer. I have Lucina and MRobin always hanging around him to grab buffs before flying out to kill things, though with Lancebreaker he's become good in a fight too.

Here's my build for him right now, and it's been working well for me so far.

Support: Reposition - super good for pulling MRobin to safety after a fight, or for propelling one of the DPS into a good position so that they can reach out and kill someone in one turn. Ephriam being pretty tanky against certain units (but very squishy against others!) means that leaving him in danger after the reposition is sometimes a viable option. The fact that using Reposition a lot always places someone beside Ephriam means that those units are usually already in a good position to get his buffs, too.

A: Fury - My Ephriam is -atk +hp so this helps mitigate some of that. The higher BST helps too.

B: Lancebreaker - Lets him stand up against all those lancers in the arena that would otherwise double and kill him. It kind of works like a bootleg Wary Fighter, since he naturally has high defense and attack but is weak to double attacks. This skill is what made him much more viable in a fight for me, since avoiding doubles saves his life and Ephriam landing doubles himself is devastating. I don't have a green on my team so I have to make my blues good against the blue-vs-blue matchup. I think I also saw him double Effie with this before (didn't kill her though) because maybe Lancebreaker goes through Wary Fighter?

C: Hone Speed - Turns him into Blue Eirika. Both Lucina and MRobin benefit from this (MRobin more so) because it lets him either oneshot or double units he otherwise couldn't.

I think Ephriam's main weakness is against mages thanks to his low speed and res. Most non-red units can kill him with double attacks, so his defense doesn't help as much as you might think. That +10 Ephriam I ran into a few pages ago still died to a double attack from MRobin. But with Lancebreaker, I find he's great against other lancers. The other threat lies in blue dragons like Nowi and Ninian, so you'll need some way to counter that.

+Spd on him isn't too bad. After Erika buffs him he is at 33 Spd. I could put Darting Blow on him and get him to 39 Spd when attacking 35 even with out a speed buff. And that would double a ton of things and of course prevent him from being doubled when attacking. He has a high enough attack and defense as is, might as well lean into the +Spd nature.

Vena

Pray for Akuun.

Well, the one nice thing, is that most mounted/fliers have pigeonholed defensive stats one way or the other, so it would become mandatory to have a balanced team that can hit either side of the spectrum.

Its like how Green Axe uers are almost unilaterally physically bulky with little to no resistance, Anna being the only exception I can think of off the bat.

Well, the one nice thing, is that most mounted/fliers have pigeonholed defensive stats one way or the other, so it would become mandatory to have a balanced team that can hit either side of the spectrum.

Its like how Green Axe uers are almost unilaterally physically bulky with little to no resistance, Anna being the only exception I can think of off the bat.

Camilla, Hawkeye, Sheena :p

also why mention "green" axe users there are no axe users of another color

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
+Spd on him isn't too bad. After Erika buffs him he is at 33 Spd. I could put Darting Blow on him and get him to 39 Spd when attacking 35 even with out a speed buff. And that would double a ton of things and of course prevent him from being doubled when attacking. He has a high enough attack and defense as is, might as well lean into the +Spd nature.
Huh, didn't know that he'd get that high up with a speed buff and +spd IV. That could definitely work.
Should have kept Gordin, innit. 😃
I have a Gordin or two.

They're just 4* or lower lol.

Iote's Shield bro.

I'm kind of obsessed right now with the idea of creating the flying mage of death build. All I need is a Hinoka and a Caeda off of the upcoming banners.
As of now only two can get Iote's Shield leaving two units susceptible. I just need numbers advantage. Klein can OHKO a lot of things even without advantage as well.

I doubt Flier Emblem takes off (eh), at least as a defensive team. I rarely see horse Emblem in arena.

Cerium

Surprised you got rid of her Triangle Adapt 3. It makes her oneshot any green in the game.

Oh yikes yeah that's bad. Darting Blow is a mistake. Even with +6 Spd you're not going to be doubling anything important. Triangle Adept is better. I also disagree with Poison Strike.

If I was building Sanaki I'd keep Triangle Adept, give her Swordbreaker as her B, and maybe also consider giving her Rauorraven+ from Henry. She'd then be an excellent answer to anything except blues.

macklelol

As of now only two can get Iote's Shield leaving two units susceptible. I just need numbers advantage. Klein can OHKO a lot of things even without advantage as well.

I doubt Flier Emblem takes off (eh), at least as a defensive team. I rarely see horse Emblem in arena.
My flier team gets a lot of defense wins. Had 9 or 10 last week and 8 so far this week.

Fuck Horse Emblem though, such a pain to fight against.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Finally leveled up my remaining 5*s to lvl 40. What team would you recommend with these units?

Currently my planned team = Takumi, Olivia, Nino & Sharena.

5* Takumi (+ATK, -RES)
5* Azura (+DEF, -HP)
5* Sharena (neutral)
5* Nino (+ATK, -RES)
5* Bunny Lucina (+DEF, -RES)
5* Bunny Xander (+ATK, -SPD)
5* Selena (+SPD, -DEF)
4* Olivia (+ATK, -RES)
4* Anna (neutral)
4* Abel (neutral)
4* Gunter (-HP, +RES)
4* Cecilia (+ATK, -DEF)
4* FRobin (neutral)

Cerium

Finally leveled up my remaining 5*s to lvl 40. What team would you recommend with these units?

Currently my planned team = Takumi, Olivia, Nino & Sharena.

5* Takumi (+ATK, -RES)
5* Azura (+DEF, -HP)
5* Sharena (neutral)
5* Nino (+ATK, -RES)
5* Bunny Lucina (+DEF, -RES)
5* Bunny Xander (+ATK, -SPD)
5* Selena (+SPD, -DEF)
4* Olivia (+ATK, -RES)
4* Anna (neutral)
4* Abel (neutral)
4* Gunter (-HP, +RES)
4* Cecilia (+ATK, -DEF)
4* FRobin (neutral)

It's a shame you don't have an Eirika because that's really all you're missing for the perfect Nino team. But your plan isn't a bad one, it just bugs me that it doesn't make use of that Azura you're very lucky to have.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
It's a shame you don't have an Eirika because that's really all you're missing for the perfect Nino team. But your plan isn't a bad one, it just bugs me that it doesn't make use of that Azura you're very lucky to have.

I do actually have a 4* Eirika and a 4* Marth. I think Eirika's natures were kind of crappy though.... like -ATK, +HP or something.

Cerium

I do actually have a 4* Eirika and a 4* Marth. I think Eirika's natures were kind of crappy though.... like -ATK, +HP or something.

-ATK is not optimal of course but +HP is good on Eirika since a large part of her role is as a tank. In your situation I would still probably go with Eirika. The benefit to the team composition is just overwhelming.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
-ATK is not optimal of course but +HP is good on Eirika since a large part of her role is as a tank. In your situation I would still probably go with Eirika. The benefit to the team composition is just overwhelming.

Currently I have to use Olivia + Sharena and Takumi to finish off Hectors. Would Eirika fit that role?

Cerium

Currently I have to use Olivia + Sharena and Takumi to finish off Hectors. Would Eirika fit that role?
Eirika cannot ORKO Hector, but honestly? Nino with the right support team can. I kill Hectors all the time with my Nino. And with Desperation Hector can't even counterattack.

Sushen

On an almost perfect run to set my personal record with the last match remaining. Just like my luck in pulling, the bridge level with Olivia ruined my game. I ended up winning with only one left alive. Fucking 3986 final score. My patience on this game is running thinner than ever as nothing goes well.

Vena

Doing some arena test runs, I seem to have a noticeable mage weakness. It rears it head when I run into mage heavy teams.

Also FCorrin is an issue it seems.

Gonna drop either Tiki or Eirika.

Doing some arena test runs, I seem to have a noticeable mage weakness. It rears it head when I run into mage heavy teams.

Also FCorrin is an issue it seems.

Gonna drop either Tiki or Eirika.

Facing FCorrin you mean? I don't see her at all, but she seems like she would be a headache. I really want to promote her to join Ninian.

Vena

It's that Dark Breath+, innit.

Partially. None of my team can ORKO her, and Jaffar is trash with his bad attack for the job. My in progress Kagero will deal with it but bonus unit slots are going to mess with my comp. So either Eirika or Tiki may need to get dropped for a slot. I really like both, which makes it a curious problem. Eirika is more robust with no outright weapon weakness, but she's not as strong. Also DB+ Tiki-loli lol.

Nino teams wouldn't really have to deal with it until someone gets DB+ on Tiki-loli, lol.

Scum

Partially. None of my team can ORKO her, and Jaffar is trash with his bad attack for the job. My in progress Kagero will deal with it but bonus unit slots are going to mess with my comp. So either Eirika or Tiki may need to get dropped for a slot. I really like both, which makes it a curious problem. Eirika is more robust with no outright weapon weakness, but she's not as strong. Also DB+ Tiki-loli lol.

Nino teams wouldn't really have to deal with it until someone gets DB+ on Tiki-loli, lol.
I've got Jaffar but yeah, I see what you mean. He's pretty meh. Shame that.

I want DB+ so bad.

I've got Jaffar but yeah, I see what you mean. He's pretty meh. Shame that.

I want DB+ so bad.

You know, +DEF Jaffar is surprisingly bulky thanks to his 29 defense. I've been making arena runs with him and I've had no problems. Of course, I'm using him as durable bait for a number of things, but he has been an excellent mage counter. I should note I haven't bothered getting any skills on him, and he will easily tank most non-Linde mages and kill the next turn (except -raven users, who he can bait but not kill). Its seriously made me consider giving him a different A skill to properly abuse his stats. I should note I run him on my Erika team (Lucina, Erika, Cordelia, Jaffar), but he has brought me to my highest arena score yet (4406).

Scum

You say that now after I cuss him. Freaking, pls. 😐
Good that you a great use for him though. Maybe I should figure out something for my Jaffar too... 😀

Sushen

You say that now after I cuss him. Freaking, pls. 😐
Good that you a great use for him though. Maybe I should figure out something for my Jaffar too... 😀
Jaffar has been serving me well. Surely no OHKO machine but whatever the bulky enemy once treated by my Jaffar with his attack+14 after damage and debuffs usually becomes squishy and an easy target with barely over low teen, if that, HP left. And my main damage dealer can come in with lesser risk of getting countered.

What would make someone put Poison Strike on any character? In this game, you need to kill things ASAP.

Do people on this board still use Julia? I still find her pretty useful, and I can make her even better with the right skills.

I haven't inherited anything for her, so I want GAF recommendations. I may be running the same units for quite a while, because this banner has been a disaster. I used $36 to try and salvage this mess, and I still need more pulls for my next 5*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom