• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

What would make someone put Poison Strike on any character? In this game, you need to kill things ASAP.
Sure but not everyone has fully loaded Nino and when your units are in wrong color against the enemy units, 14 extra damage goes a long way. At least that's been my experience.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
What would make someone put Poison Strike on any character? In this game, you need to kill things ASAP.

Do people on this board still use Julia? I still find her pretty useful, and I can make her even better with the right skills.

I haven't inherited anything for her, so I want GAF recommendations. I may be running the same units for quite a while, because this banner has been a disaster. I used $36 to try and salvage this mess, and I still need more pulls for my next 5*.

I personally don't have Julia, but I run into her in Arena all the time. My alt account with Linde hates her with a passion :(.

Sometimes, its better to do a safe attack that won't kill, then move a killer into position for the 1 shot. I wouldn't say it is too common, but Poison Strike has its uses. Especially if you run red teams now with so many powerful blue units on the run. Having a neutral debuffer give a free 7 damage can be all the difference between no kill, and 1-shotting. My dual red team couldn't handle things like Ephraim without Jaffar coming in to soften him up. It also lets me deal with him whenever, instead of having to worry about hp management or saving him for last.

Also, on defence it can seriously ruin a run if you don't notice it. Ever been surprised by a pain staff healer? Imagine a ninja debuffing you as well.

I'll bet you've all never even seen the game over screen, huh.

Well, I did make the mistake of trying to level all the starters to Lv. 40 4*, including Virion, Matthew, and Alfonse. I made the further mistake of using two of them in the arena one time. I also continue the mistake of using a healer in the arena despite being objectively garbage, so I get my fair share of game overs. And of course, I do dumb things vs. dancers sometimes. ;)

Part of it boils down to the comp you're rolling. If your comp doesn't have an amazing matchup spread, usually you'll have to make up for it with a stronger positioning game which may involve replacing units with ones that have positional skills. Dancers are well-loved for that very reason.

Oh, and some of it has to do with a matchmaking problem where rolling too much 4* melee infantry or armor can get you matched against 5* mages and archers because of how it thinks stats are everything. My Alfonse can tell you how fair he thinks Takumi is in a 1v1 despite even stats. >.> I'm glad they're fixing that soon.

Is there a popular flying team comp? I want to play an all-fliers team or something close, but I'm not sure where to start. I know Cherche and Hinoka are both going on it.

Should I run all fliers? Or three fliers and 1 ranged unit/healer/dancer? I have every non-red, non-Bunny flier at 5 stars (well, I have enough feathers to make any of them 5 stars if they aren't already). Plus a ton of other units.

ggx2ac

What kind of threats are prompting you to run this moveset? Who are you outspeeding with Darting Blow 3?

Obviously it's better than regular Julia, but those speed skills seem hard to utilize for her.

I should've​ taken a screenshot of this level 50 Julia I fought.

She had ridiculous stats.

She was a Speed Up Julia, had Fury 3, I think Vantage 3, otherwise it might have been Desperation or G Tome Breaker, I forget what other skills she had.

Her stats were: 56 attack, 37 speed from what I could remember.

Vena

Is there a popular flying team comp? I want to play an all-fliers team or something close, but I'm not sure where to start. I know Cherche and Hinoka are both going on it.

Should I run all fliers? Or three fliers and 1 ranged unit/healer/dancer? I have every non-red, non-Bunny flier at 5 stars. Plus a ton of other units.

I'd imagine it's likely something along the lines of: Cherche (absurd attack with Brave Axe+), Cordelia (again, high attack), Palla (Caeda's attacks too low), and, now, probably would want Camilla-mage.

From there, you'd put Iote's Shield on your front liners and get Goad/Spur Fliers on C-slots.

Cerium

Should I run all fliers? Or three fliers and 1 ranged unit/healer/dancer? I have every non-red, non-Bunny flier at 5 stars (well, I have enough feathers to make any of them 5 stars if they aren't already). Plus a ton of other units.

We call it Flier Emblem. There is a standard way to do it which involves sticking Goad Fliers (which stacks) on everyone. Putting Brave Axe+ on Cherche produces great results with this build.

There is also basically a flying Nino team built around Bunny Camilla which I invented and theorycrafted myself. I haven't seen anyone actually run it, but if I can get the parts I need I intend to do so.

I'd be happy to give you a quick guide to either one if you're interested.

I'd imagine it's likely something along the lines of: Cherche (absurd attack with Brave Axe+), Cordelia (again, high attack), Palla (Caeda's attacks too low), and, now, probably would want Camilla-mage.

From there, you'd put Iote's Shield on your front liners and get Goad/Spur Fliers on C-slots.

The Camilla build is different from standard Flier Emblem and requires a different team composition.

Vena

The Camilla build is different from standard Flier Emblem and requires a different team composition.

I was speaking of using her here as a mage option, flier emblem otherwise has no access to magic damage and would get walled out by something thick with no immediately obvious disadvantage.

That said, isn't Camilla-mage too slow for the Nino strat? Base 25 is laughable.

Cerium

I was speaking of using her here as a mage option, flier emblem otherwise has no access to magic damage and would get walled out by something thick with no immediately obvious disadvantage.

That said, isn't Camilla-mage too slow for the Nino strat? Base 25 is laughable.

She overwhelms with sheer power. You're forgetting the buffs are a straight up 6 to each stat, for a total of 30, which is fucking ridiculous. I ran the numbers already and she one shots everything that isn't red with Triangle Adept. She doesn't need the follow up attack.

Vena

She overwhelms with sheer power. You're forgetting the buffs are a straight up 6 to each stat, for a total of 30, which is fucking ridiculous. I ran the numbers already and she one shots everything that isn't red with Triangle Adept. She doesn't need the follow up attack.

I mean, I'd be amazed if she actually gets through Lilina/Sanaki given their absurd resistances. Sanaki with TA3 should probably be very nearly insta-gibbing Camilla-mage back. Her resistance, even with +6, is so low.

But, of course, I haven't done the math so I can't speak to it.

Cerium

I mean, I'd be amazed if she actually gets through Lilina/Sanaki given their absurd resistances. Sanaki with TA3 should probably be very nearly insta-gibbing Camilla-mage back. Her resistance, even with +6, is so low.

But, of course, I haven't done the math so I can't speak to it.

I mentioned Sanaki pretty much. Lilina without TA3 gets doubled due to the buffs and dies anyway.

But those are the units that also give Nino trouble, so it's nothing new.

Shinypogs

I look forward to ceriums arena slaughterfest updates despite knowing I lack the units to do something similar.

It's always interesting to see the varying ways people build units and compositions around them.

Cerium

I look forward to ceriums arena slaughterfest updates despite knowing I lack the units to do something similar.

It's always interesting to see the varying ways people build units and compositions around them.

I mean I might not be able to get the components either, this is all on paper for now. I'm presently throwing away all my orbs chasing the completed bunny set when I should be saving them for Caeda and Hinoka.

If any of you acquire the parts necessary then please build it so we can live vicariously through you.

And to be honest, I'm only designing the team because I want a goal to work towards. I'm not convinced it would be much more effective than Nino Kuni.

It would probably be more fun though.

ccbfan

Rolled a Julia, +hp, -def, not great but at least not -Atk.

What are some good inherits? She's a pretty crazy glass cannon. The damage is insane.

What about Catria with Iote's Shield? Seems like her stats are close to the "ideal unit" barring the fact that she is allergic to arrows.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Rolled a Julia, +hp, -def, not great but at least not -Atk.

What are some good inherits? She's a pretty crazy glass cannon. The damage is insane.

She's my favorite unit. G tome breaker is a must in B imo to beat down the 9000 Ninos and the mirror match. I use darting blow in A but there are a ton of options here. Use whatever buff you need in C.

macklelol

What about Catria with Iote's Shield? Seems like her stats are close to the "ideal unit" barring the fact that she is allergic to arrows.
I'd say the only units that should run Iote's Shield is Michalis (high def, and with Bonfire he OHKOs most archers) and maybe Spring Camilla (good def and can kill on the counter).

MildSoss

She's my favorite unit. G tome breaker is a must in B imo to beat down the 9000 Ninos and the mirror match. I use darting blow in A but there are a ton of options here. Use whatever buff you need in C.
What happens if Nino has her own G tome breaker? Does she cancel Julia's out?

Shinypogs

I mean I might not be able to get the components either, this is all on paper for now. I'm presently throwing away all my orbs chasing the completed bunny set when I should be saving them for Caeda and Hinoka.

If any of you acquire the parts necessary then please build it so we can live vicariously through you.

And to be honest, I'm only designing the team because I want a goal to work towards. I'm not convinced it would be much more effective than Nino Kuni.

It would probably be more fun though.

Someone on reddit will inevitably get it all togeather and there will likely be video.

Saving orbs is hard. I am so tempted to blow my last 100 but I know I'll want them later especially with a shadows of valentia banner at some point being a given and you know that'll be a big to do.

Goals are good, it's nice to feel like you accomplished something that took more effort than just getting lucky rolls. You study all the numbers and skills to find the best combo and you actually make something.

lt519

I use it on Jaffar, it's great if you find yourself with a mismatch. He's also got high HP and good speed so he can tank melee units; soften them up, tank a hit, and then finish them off.

Once his bonus season is over I'm going to have to seriously alter my play style to fit whatever be bonus hero I've got.

Best Special for Bunnicina? I know Moonbow is popular but wanted to know if there is a better option. I could yank the regular Blarblade from Odin at the same time....🤔

backlot

We call it Flier Emblem. There is a standard way to do it which involves sticking Goad Fliers (which stacks) on everyone. Putting Brave Axe+ on Cherche produces great results with this build.

There is also basically a flying Nino team built around Bunny Camilla which I invented and theorycrafted myself. I haven't seen anyone actually run it, but if I can get the parts I need I intend to do so.

I'd be happy to give you a quick guide to either one if you're interested.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on a Bunny Camilla team. I'm currently training up a Bunny Camilla and Hinoka and just pulled a 4 star Caeda today.

Cerium

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on a Bunny Camilla team. I'm currently training up a Bunny Camilla and Hinoka and just pulled a 4 star Caeda today.

Alright then you only need one more thing to reach the promised land: A 5* Nino to sacrifice.

If you got that or can promote one then we're in business.

backlot

Alright then you only need one more thing to reach the promised land: A 5* Nino to sacrifice.

If you got that or can promote one then we're in business.

I already gave her Gronnblade+! I saved a 5* Nino with bad IVs from the banner a while back.

Cerium

I already gave her Gronnblade+! I saved a 5* Nino with bad IVs from the banner a while back.

Holy crap. You're almost there. This is exciting!

Okay so the core of this team, what makes it work, is the combination of Fortify Fliers from Caeda and Hone Fliers from Hinoka. With both buffs active, Camilla will receive +6 to all stats, with attack essentially counting for double. On Gronnblade+ that results in 30 bonus damage, for a total effective attack power of 78. At that point pretty much everything in this game is going to die in one hit.

Now if you want to maximize and optimize this build further you can consider fun stuff like Iote's Shield on Camilla to proof her against archers, or Death Blow just to make extra sure everything dies. You might consider Green Tomebreaker although I don't really think she needs it.

Also Caeda is a bad unit, but you need Fortify Fliers. Ideally you'd pass that skill on to, well, I guess Palla is the only other flying red at the moment.

To round out your defense team throw in a Cherche with Brave Axe+ and Goad Fliers, which stacks on top of everything else (but doesn't count on Gronnblade).

Proceed to wreak havoc. It's not Nino Kuni without Nino, so for now I'm calling this build the Bunny 'Hood.

kewlmyc

Rabbit Lucina kinda sucks... Or at least is hard to level. Even with her A skill fully unlocked.

Doesn't help that mine is -Atk.

I have a +atk Freddy as well. am working on a Brave Axe build with Death Blow/Drag Back. Since I have a spare Camilla, I am also pondering the idea of Savage Blow on C slot.
I was thinking about giving him a Brave Axe, but I love that Hammer+ cleaving through Effie and Hector. It probably would be better in the long run.

I don't use a Mage in my core team right now though, which makes me worried about matchups with Armored units. I did just pull Linde and Eggcina, but neither really work on my planned beefcake team. As soon as we get the Masked Man as a unit, he'll be my main blue Mage. (I want to build up Odin eventually too.)

Drag Back and Death Blow are a great combo. Thanks for the suggestions.

Cerium

I was thinking about giving him a Brave Axe, but I love that Hammer+ cleaving through Effie and Hector. It probably would be better in the long run.

I don't use a Mage in my core team right now though, which makes me worried about matchups with Armored units. I did just pull Linde and Eggcina, but neither really work on my planned beefcake team. As soon as we get the Masked Man as a unit, he'll be my main blue Mage. (I want to build up Odin eventually too.)

You could run Horse Emblem with like Leo, Reinhardt, and I guess Frederick.

Rabbit Lucina kinda sucks... Or at least is hard to level. Even with her A skill fully unlocked.

Doesn't help that mine is -Atk.

I have +spd/-res and she is great.

I am over here with 750 SP on her & 20,000+ feathers just staring at Odin. Someone help!

I think I am going to pull the trigger if she is indeed a bonus unit.

Decided to risk it one more time for a bunny and....

C8TG_-uXYAUsod_.jpg

Chrom is +ATK, -HP which is perfectly fine with me. Thank you RNG goddess. Xander I'm just gonna feed to my other Xander or figure out some other use.

You could run Horse Emblem with like Leo, Reinhardt, and I guess Frederick.
If I build a Horse Emblem team, it'll be Frederick/Masked Man/Abel, and then rather Xander or Camus. I do have a 4* Reinhardt, but I don't plan on investing in him right now. I do have a Gunter I can use for Goad Calvary, but I hope that one of the planned units I mention will have it naturally.

Frederick is my all time favorite FE character so I'm trying to build him in a way that works in multiple setups.

backlot

Holy crap. You're almost there. This is exciting!

Okay so the core of this team, what makes it work, is the combination of Fortify Fliers from Caeda and Hone Fliers from Hinoka. With both buffs active, Camilla will receive +6 to all stats, with attack essentially counting for double. On Gronnblade+ that results in 30 bonus damage, for a total effective attack power of 78. At that point pretty much everything in this game is going to die in one hit.

Now if you want to maximize and optimize this build further you can consider fun stuff like Iote's Shield on Camilla to proof her against archers, or Death Blow just to make extra sure everything dies. You might consider Green Tomebreaker although I don't really think she needs it.

Also Caeda is a bad unit, but you need Fortify Fliers. Ideally you'd pass that skill on to, well, I guess Palla is the only other flying red at the moment.

To round out your defense team throw in a Cherche with Brave Axe+ and Goad Fliers, which stacks on top of everything else (but doesn't count on Gronnblade).

Proceed to wreak havoc. It's not Nino Kuni without Nino, so for now I'm calling this build the Bunny 'Hood.

I'm gonna need some more feathers before I can get Fortify Fliers. How necessary is a red flier though? What if I gave Fortify to someone else like Cherche or Minerva and then went with Olivia as a fourth? Dancers work really well on Nino teams and i could see them being useful here too.

Cerium

I'm gonna need some more feathers before I can get Fortify Fliers. How necessary is a red flier though? What if I gave Fortify to someone else like Cherche or Minerva and then went with Olivia as a fourth? Dancers work really well on Nino teams and i could see them being useful here too.

A dancer on your defense team can definitely work, though I think four fliers stand a better chance of remaining in formation. On offense you will want to keep that slot open for a bonus character.

Given that your Camilla in this scenario should already be obliterating greens (and you can give her Axebreaker or G Tomebreaker to make it even more unfair) I suppose that a red flier is not absolutely essential. I would lean towards running two blues, maybe one of them being Cordelia, just as a hard counter to those rare handful of units that Camilla won't be able to annihilate.

Whatever you put around Camilla (as long as they have the Hone and Fortify Fliers) should be built into a counter to Camilla's counters. So basically, you want them to be able to erase Sanaki.

backlot

A dancer on your defense team can definitely work, though I think four fliers stand a better chance of remaining in formation. On offense you will want to keep that slot open for a bonus character.

Given that your Camilla in this scenario should already be obliterating greens (and you can give her Axebreaker or G Tomebreaker to make it even more unfair) I suppose that a red flier is not absolutely essential. I would lean towards running two blues, maybe one of them being Cordelia, just as a hard counter to those rare handful of units that Camilla won't be able to annihilate.

Whatever you put around Camilla (as long as they have the Hone and Fortify Fliers) should be built into a counter to Camilla's counters. So basically, you want them to be able to erase Sanaki.

I could do Goad on Cherche and Fortify on Cordelia I guess. Gonna need a lot of feathers to make this work though since my Caeda and Cherche are both only 4 stars.

Cerium

I could do Goad on Cherche and Fortify on Cordelia I guess. Gonna need a lot of feathers to make this work though since my Caeda and Cherche are both only 4 stars.
Prioritize Caeda.

As long as you can get Fortify and Hone Fliers, your Camilla will be online. Everything beyond that is optimization and refinement.

Post detailed diaries when you have it operational.

backlot

Prioritize Caeda.

As long as you can get Fortify and Hone Fliers, your Camilla will be online. Everything beyond that is optimization and refinement.

Post detailed diaries when you have it operational.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the feathers for Paeda after Arena payout this week. Is there any reason to use Cherche over Minerva? I have both and Minerva is already 5 stars.

champloo

Death blow with a +atk nature puts him at 52 atk when initiating using a brave axe+, this allows him to one round almost every ranged unit in the game. Hammer only helps in the Hector matchup as Effie also goes down in one turn. and Frederick isn't at a disadvantage against Hector to begin with. imo brave axe is the best weapon with him. it makes him Cherche on a horse.

MANUELF

Banned
It seems I Will be able to do the 10th stratum cavalry quest, Abel, Reinhardt, Eliwood and Gunther work surprisingly well, Im already at my 5th win and I just tried that team an hour ago

Cerium

Fortify Fliers only needs 4* for Caeda to learn/transfer over.
That doesn't appear to be accurate according to the wiki.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the feathers for Paeda after Arena payout this week. Is there any reason to use Cherche over Minerva? I have both and Minerva is already 5 stars.

Brave Axe+ Cherche hits like a truck. She has a full 7 more base attack than Minerva.

backlot

That doesn't appear to be accurate according to the wiki.

Brave Axe+ Cherche hits like a truck. She has a full 7 more base attack than Minerva.

Oh, looks like I can get Fortify with 4 stars! I guess i'll spend my feathers on Cherche then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom