• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had a dump truck full of feathers. I have a Cherche and Effie set to be fed Barst and Donnel but I need to get the latter 2 to 5* for Brave+ weapons.

I also need to feed Cecilia a Nino. But again I need to get both of them to 5*. I have Gunter and Olwen to give me horse buffs already. I also have a bunch of lvl1 Jagens.

backlot

Oh the wiki is wrong? Someone should update that.

If that's the case then you have everything you need right?

I guess so!

C8TSKSrV0AAzZM3.jpg:large

I'll need to grind a lot of SP and figure out some skills but I should be able to get the basics working pretty soon.

Cerium

I guess so!

I'll need to grind a lot of SP and figure out some skills but I should be able to get the basics working pretty soon.

I can't wait to see the results. You've got the team I've been thinking about ever since they announced mage Camilla.

Death blow with a +atk nature puts him at 52 atk when initiating using a brave axe+, this allows him to one round almost every ranged unit in the game. Hammer only helps in the Hector matchup as Effie also goes down in one turn. and Frederick isn't at a disadvantage against Hector to begin with. imo brave axe is the best weapon with him. it makes him Cherche on a horse.
It's a solid choice. I'll consider it for sure.

It's too bad there's no natural 4* Brave Axe+ user though. Too much to ask for I guess, it would be exploited endlessly.

Cerium

Alright, I'm completely lost. I have no idea what to do with this group. I don't think I have anything workable since the natures are so bad, but you tell me.
Hmmm yeah that's kinda not great.

Go vanilla with Chrom, Camilla, and either Effie or Xander. Save the 4th slot for a bonus hero.

Cerium

Nothing worth promoting? Nobody holding any skills that would be better used somewhere else?

I mean, I wouldn't promote a character just for the sake of one character. You need to have a plan in place, a blueprint for a whole team. Looking at that image I think you simply don't have enough heroes right now. Have you been stockpiling orbs?

Articalys

I mean, I wouldn't promote a character just for the sake of one character. You need to have a plan in place, a blueprint for a whole team. Looking at that image I think you simply don't have enough heroes right now. Have you been stockpiling orbs?
Basically, yeah. Used maybe about 60 or so early on across the prince/princess focuses to get some stuff beyond the starter pack, then just now (and stupidly) 60 or so on this one. Not that I know what I should spend them on...

Cerium

Basically, yeah. Used maybe about 60 or so early on across the prince/princess focuses to get some stuff beyond the starter pack, then just now (and stupidly) 60 or so on this one. Not that I know what I should spend them on...

There have been several banners that have come and gone with relatively great chances at heroes that could form the core of a team. When you see the rest of us pulling you should follow suit. With the Princesses banner you would've been well served by sniping reds until you got Eirika or Lucina, for example. The Ninian banner was worth pulling on. Nino had a banner where she was the only green.

This is a game where good teams allow you to get more resources which allow you to get even better teams; the rich get richer.

Alright, I'm completely lost. I have no idea what to do with this group. I don't think I have anything workable since the natures are so bad, but you tell me.

What is the IV on Reinhardt? He would give you the biggest shot in the arm. Even with neutral attack and no buffs he can one shot nearly every sword in the game and can one shot a lot of blue units as well. If you find a way to boost his attack through buffs and inheritance at all he will do even better.

He would really ease some pressure off the rest of your team.

Articalys

There have been several banners that have come and gone with relatively great chances at heroes that could form the core of a team. When you see the rest of us pulling you should follow suit. With the Princesses banner you would've been well served by sniping reds until you got Eirika or Lucina, for example. The Ninian banner was worth pulling on. Nino had a banner where she was the only green.

This is a game where good teams allow you to get more resources which allow you to get even better teams; the rich get richer.
I asked, in this thread, multiple times if I should do more summoning during the vs. Ursula banner, and nobody responded, so I held off out of caution. But even when I tried two sessions worth, the game refused to give anything besides blues and colorless.

If this game is one when those who fall behind once find themselves getting stomped on repeatedly, I'm better off just quitting now.
What is the IV on Reinhardt? He would give you the biggest shot in the arm. Even with neutral attack and no buffs he can one shot nearly every sword in the game and can one shot a lot of blue units as well. If you find a way to boost his attack through buffs and inheritance at all he will do even better.

He would really ease some pressure off the rest of your team.
+Res/-HP, which means I would need a way to make sure he never gets touched directly by anything even once or he's dead.

Cerium

I asked, in this thread, multiple times if I should do more summoning during the vs. Ursula banner, and nobody responded, so I held off out of caution.

If this game is one when those who fall behind once find themselves getting stomped on repeatedly, I'm better off just quitting now.

+Res/-HP, which means I would need a way to make sure he never gets touched directly by anything even once or he's dead.

I'm sorry to hear that but discussion about the banners and their worth tend to be quite common especially when they first hit.

It's never too late to start that cycle of improvement, but you're definitely going to have to blow some orbs when the next good banner hits. Even if you don't land the banner units you're bound to pull characters you can start to plan a team around.

Unless you already have a finished team, sitting on orbs for that long is what I would call an opportunity cost.

Articalys

I'm sorry to hear that but discussion about the banners and their worth tend to be quite common especially when they first hit.

It's never too late to start that cycle of improvement, but you're definitely going to have to blow some orbs when the next good banner hits. Even if you don't land the banner units you're bound to pull characters you can start to plan a team around.

Unless you already have a finished team, sitting on orbs for that long is what I would call an opportunity cost.
The question then is, how to I balance which colors to summon? If all my units are garbage, I'd need more of everything, but if the wheel keep spitting out 3 colorless and one each of two other colors, I'm basically losing orbs since I can't summon with maximum efficiency.

It would really help if the OP actually had a guide to help people get better at the game rather than just jokes and outdated screenshots from the Japanese version.

ggx2ac

Got 1200 shards from training tower using Spring Camilla's Live for Bounty.

Definitely neat for when you need shards/crystals to burn.

spiritfox

The question then is, how to I balance which colors to summon? If all my units are garbage, I'd need more of everything, but if the wheel keep spitting out 3 colorless and one each of two other colors, I'm basically losing orbs since I can't summon with maximum efficiency.

It would really help if the OP actually had a guide to help people get better at the game rather than just jokes and outdated screenshots from the Japanese version.

You already have a good base to work with. And all units are viable, maybe just not on higher ranks of arena. Just pick some units you like or think are powerful and work from there. The only thing to keep in mind is to have some balance between the 4 colors.

Am I crazy or is the game not on the Android store? I had to format my phone and all I get is a blank page when I try to install from my browser. It doesn't even show up when I search in the Play store.

spiritfox

Am I crazy or is the game not on the Android store? I had to format my phone and all I get is a blank page when I try to install from my browser. It doesn't even show up when I search in the Play store.

It's not worldwide. Where are you?

Official website said:
Availability by country

The following is a list of countries with planned availability.

◆ Additional countries may be added.
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Bulgaria
Canada
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Russia
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States

Articalys

You already have a good base to work with. And all units are viable, maybe just not on higher ranks of arena. Just pick some units you like or think are powerful and work from there. The only thing to keep in mind is to have some balance between the 4 colors.
Isn't that the entire metagame though? There's basically nothing for single player once you eventually clear the limited amount of story stuff, and if you want anything besides scraps of rewards from the arena you'd need to challenge above your level which just gets you pounded into the ground unless you have four Lv.40 5*.

spiritfox

Isn't that the entire metagame though? There's basically nothing for single player once you eventually clear the limited amount of story stuff, and if you want anything besides scraps of rewards from the arena you'd need to challenge above your level which just gets you pounded into the ground unless you have four Lv.40 5*.

I'm playing because I like the characters and the gameplay?

If you want to do the metagame then why are you not putting in effort to look for the meta yourself? There are many resources available online.

macklelol

I've been starting to run into some whale teams. This is pretty interesting lol. It's a lot more fun fighting these teams over the tank teams I've been fighting against for the past few days.

Cerium

You have 4 5* though. Just take the base that we recommended, add Reinhardt if you feel you won't miss the feathers, and go from there. You have a 5* of every color which is more than many can say. You should be able to place in the 3000s at least which is not shameful.

Cerium

I've been starting to run into some whale teams. This is pretty interesting lol. It's a lot more fun fighting these teams over the tank teams I've been fighting against for the past few days.

Man at this point I wish I would run into some whale teams because this is getting kind of boring and predictable.

Someone asked about Tiki earlier, so I saved the receipts tonight.

2bcsmKd.png

And the Hector.

6Oz0plo.png

Tharja.

hokdcg8.png

Eirika.

j3HYZgb.png

Julia.

a4wtN81.png

I mean every now and then someone else gets a kill but usually only because I feel like it and not because they have to.

Articalys

Just forget it then. It's clear this game is not for me. Don't want to stick around when there's so much humblebragging like the above example anyway.

Cerium

Just forget it then. It's clear this game is not for me. Don't want to stick around when there's so much humblebragging like the above example anyway.

I've made a sincere effort to help you in the same way I've helped many other posters in this thread who have all appreciated it, but if you choose to take offense over nothing then that's on you.

Ninferno

April quests follow a flat structure, which is nice. The previous 3-difficulty layered structure requiring unlocking is stupid and serves no purpose anyway.

The next QoL improvement should be to put all these "quest progress updates" after a battle in just ONE page! Seriously, what's so difficult to put all of these "x/10", "y/15" in one single screen and require one single click of "OK"? Instead, we have to click "OK" like crazy just to get through all these stupid progress reports:(

Really minor annoyance but you just got to wander why they still haven't figured this out.

Oh, and a "Collect All" button for collecting quest rewards just like the one you use to collect login rewards, please. Better yet, how about just hand the rewards ("auto-collect") to us after we have completed the quests? Like, why on earth would you not want to collect your rewards? Why is manual "collection" necessary?

Articalys

I've made a sincere effort to help you in the same way I've helped many other posters in this thread who have all appreciated it, but if you choose to take offense over nothing then that's on you.
The advice is sound; I'm not discounting that. I just also realized at the same time that it would require more effort to reach a point in this game where it would start becoming "fun" for me than I'm willing to invest. It may not be the same case for others. That's fine.

But you are coming off as kind of "I'm too good at this game now." Saying the only time you'll ever lose a single unit is if you want to -- can you see how that comes off as even a bit abrasive to those who didn't luck into an invincible team?

Cerium

Man, 15 level 40 fliers might take a while. Is it too much to ask to run into Flier Emblem in Arena?

But you are coming off as kind of "I'm too good at this game now." Saying the only time you'll ever lose a single unit is because you want to -- can you see how that comes off as even a bit abrasive to those who didn't luck into an invincible team?
I've been posting diaries for weeks and many posters have said they like them because they learn something from them. I didn't post another to piss you off and I don't intend to stop because you're choosing to take it the wrong way.

And to correct your interpretation, I don't lose units at all. I was observing that almost all of the kills are going to Nino and that it actually takes extra effort from me to distribute kills to the rest of the party. So I can make things more interesting, but that's not the easiest path to victory, which is a (minor) irritation. There are more challenging teams out there and I would love to face them but the current matchmaking won't allow it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Arena doesn't account for character skills when deciding who you go against, just total skill points. It's something IS is going to address next update, but the majority of people I face on the Arena have the stock skill no their defense team.

There isn't that much incentive to build a great defense team even. You just need a decent team.

Articalys

Man, 15 level 40 fliers might take a while. Is it too much to ask to run into Flier Emblem in Arena?

I've been posting diaries for weeks and many posters have said they like them because they learn something from them. I didn't post another to piss you off and I don't intend to stop because you're choosing to take it the wrong way.
Except I didn't demand you stop or anything? Or even claim that there was widespread dislike of it? I was only trying to communicate why I, and maybe some others who were lurking or something, might not be fans. Is that not allowed?

Cerium

Except I didn't demand you stop or anything? Or even claim that there was widespread dislike of it? I was only trying to communicate why I, and maybe some others who were lurking or something, might not be fans. Is that not allowed?

Since you've already declared your intention to quit the game I'm not certain why you're still taking your frustrations out on me. This will be my last reply to you.

Articalys

Since you've already declared your intention to quit the game I'm not certain why you're still taking your frustrations out on me. This will be my last reply to you.
Taking your ball and going home is always a sound strategy, I guess. And at this point, I'm not taking out frustrations, I'm just asking to see if we can agree on the points of 1) you can do whatever you want in this thread, 2) I'm allowed to have it rub me the wrong way, and 3) you can understand why, from my POV, it would do so, even if you disagree with the reason. Is that too much to ask?
As someone who lurks this thread a lot I appreciate Ceriums' posts, I know it's helped me a lot with my team build.
I mean, yeah, I said there was nothing wrong with the game advice part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom