• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theosmeo

Camilla, Minerva, Spring Chrom are my best greens (neutral)
My Reds are awful, Leo (-Atk), Lucina (-Atk) and Lyn (-Speed) all have crappy banes.
Colorless are Jaffar and Elise, both neutral-ish
There are a couple more blues but they don't work with Olwen and Effie being blues.

Probably chrom and lucina for now id guess then

Vena

My hunt for Roy may just have gotten easier since it would appear that my account has been shadow banned for being on a rooted device, hooray! Let's see if I can play around with my root access (and set up some hidden functions around FEHeroes) to fix this but if not...

Now I can restart and just cheese until I get Roy!

Scum

My hunt for Roy may just have gotten easier since it would appear that my account has been shadow banned for being on a rooted device, hooray! Let's see if I can play around with my root access (and set up some hidden functions around FEHeroes) to fix this but if not...

Now I can restart and just cheese until I get Roy!

:(

:I

:)

:D

Xetherion

Ugh, just got trolled by the gacha. Cinematic... it's Camilla!... she has an axe, it's regular Camilla... and it's only a 4*. Oh well, at least I have her for the Voting Gauntlet now.

Also got a 4* Reinhardt, so that's cool. Let's check their IV's...

Ugh, Camilla is -SPD/+RES. Worst bane AND worst boon...

Reinhardt is -HP/+RES.

It's ok game, i didn't want good IV's anyway /s ;_;

Ugh, just got trolled by the gacha. Cinematic... it's Camilla!... she has an axe, it's regular Camilla... and it's only a 4*. Oh well, at least I have her for the Voting Gauntlet now.

Reinhardt is -HP/+RES.

That's what I find the harshest with this game, you need double luck: pulling the characters that are good and getting a good IV. I got worst IV on more 5* characters than average and great IV combined...

Cerium

Aw yiss, I got bunny Lucina.... But do I even need her if I've already got Robin? (Cerium pls don't stab me)

latest

Lucina is a full 7 points of speed faster and with Swift Sparrow will be naturally doubling heroes Robin can only scratch.

Vena

Bah, kind of bummed I'll lose my Grand Battle Heroes if I do end up having to re-install a masked APK for SafetyNet bypass if my account is permanently shadow banned from the error codes.

latest

Lucina is a full 7 points of speed faster and with Swift Sparrow will be naturally doubling heroes Robin can only scratch.

Robin is better due to his coolness. Coolness is a hidden stat.

MANUELF

Banned
So what are you guys 5* IVs?
Mine are:

Roy +DEF -ATK :(
Lilina +RES -HP
Abel +DEF -SPD :(
MRobin +DEF -SPD
Catria +SPD -ATK Worst bane and best boom combined
Reinhard +ATK -DEF
Camilla +SPD -HP
Kagero +SPD -RES

Sushen

While I don't even know if 4* Effie with -Atk/+Spd is any good, the movement speed is unbearable. With my play style, when she moves to a battle range, it's over...

Ahnez

While I don't even know if 4* Effie with -Atk/+Spd is any good, the movement speed is unbearable. With my play style, when she moves to a battle range, it's over...

I have an Effie with exactly this nature.

Its the worst possible combination..

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So I see the easter maps are in rotation in the Training Tower, has anyone spotted the Easter Weapons though?

I always need to have Olivia with her to even get anywhere. Combined with pivot sometimes it feels like she flies around the map

The answer is no you don't. Lucina sucks.

Depends on IV (i.e. Need to get a +Atk or +Spd and avoid banes on both) and how willing you are to go Blarblade+ on her. Mine is +Spd/-res and with Blarblade+, Eirika buffing, and swift swallow she will hit like Linde if not more and double everything including Linde.

Even if you weren't willing to do that I still found her incredible with her own egg weapon and an Attack buff. But more than a lot of characters how good she is depends on her nature.

Scum

Mine are:

Lilina +RES -HP
MRobin +DEF -SPD
Reinhard +ATK -DEF
Camilla +SPD -HP
Kagero +SPD -RES

Here's mine.

Code:
[B]5* (lvl 40)[/B]
Nino +SPD -DEF
Marth (Neutral)
Seliph +ATK -RES
Eirika -HP +SPD
Lucina -ATK +RES
Ryoma +RES -ATK
Cain +ATK -DEF
Tharja -HP +DEF
Azura +ATK -RES
Catria +HP -SPD
Linde +DEF -RES
Robin[M] -HP +ATK
Olwen +HP -ATK
Hector (Neutral)
Minerva -ATK +SPD
Rebecca -ATK +RES

Rebecca and Ryoma are biggest insults for me, though. They should both be +ATK +SPD. :<

Depends on IV (i.e. Need to get a +Atk or +Spd and avoid banes on both) and how willing you are to go Blarblade+ on her. Mine is +Spd/-res and with Blarblade+, Eirika buffing, and swift swallow she will hit like Linde if not more and double everything including Linde.

Even if you weren't willing to do that I still found her incredible with her own egg weapon and an Attack buff. But more than a lot of characters how good she is depends on her nature.

I'm 99.9% sure Firemind isn't talking about how bunny Lucina is as a unit.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What's the difference between hone * vs spur *? The descriptions are unclear to me.

With spur, you have to be standing next to the buffing unit when attacking. With hone, you just have to be standing next to the unit when the round starts. You'll get the buff but can then move away from the buffing unit.

Mupod

Mine are:

Lilina +RES -HP
MRobin +DEF -SPD
Reinhard +ATK -DEF
Camilla +SPD -HP
Kagero +SPD -RES

In order of finding them:

Lyn -ATK +RES
Robin +SPD -DEF
Merric +RES -DEF
Lucina +HP -RES
Nino (Promoted) +ATK - RES
Linde +ATK -RES
Hawkeye (neutral)

wish I'd known about IVs when I first started out. Also everyone thought Lyn was SS+ tier at the time, lol.

For the most part I've been 'lucky' with IVs, but horrendously unlucky finding 5*. If I had spent 300 orbs only to find something bad instead of that Linde it would have been crushing.

c-murph

So, excite!

I saved up a good 30 or so orbs then beat a bunch of lunatic stages / paralogues / goals for another 31. (Not spending anything on the game).

Did three 20 orb pulls on the Easter Banner. Wanted Bunny Camilla.

Ended up with four 5* characters. Sakura, Karel, Cordelia... Then finally Bunny Camilla! YAY!

Scum

So, excite!

I saved up a good 30 or so orbs then beat a bunch of lunatic stages / paralouges for

Did three 20 orb pulls on the Easter Banner. Wanted Bunny Camilla.

Ended up with four 5* characters. Sakura, Karel, Cordelia... Then finally Bunny Camilla!

Congrats!

Bovine

Neo Member
Mine are:

Lilina +RES -HP
MRobin +DEF -SPD
Reinhard +ATK -DEF
Camilla +SPD -HP
Kagero +SPD -RES

Camilla: +HP -Def
Lyn: +Def -Speed UGH
Lucina: +HP -Atk :(
Seliph: +Speed -Res
Fae: Neutral
Maria: +Atk -HP
MRobin: +Speed -Res
Olwen: +Atk -Speed
Peri: +Speed -Res
Elise: +Res -Speed
Leo: +Speed -Atk :(
Karel +Def -Atk and +Atk -Speed :(
Effie +Res -Speed
Minerva +HP -Res and +Res -Atk
Jaffar +Res -Def
Spring Xander +Speed -Res
Spring Chrom +HP -Def
Sheena +Def -Atk
Spring Camilla +HP -Atk :(

I have a lot (I've put in some $$$), but I tend to get good natures on my bad units and bad ones on the ones I'm excited for.

c-murph

Congrats!

Thank you! My only other 5* were Tharja and Sheena. So excited I got four in three pulls.

I'm also working on leveling another 4* Tharja to 5*... Should I combine her with the other 5*? Is that how the combining system works? Is there a limit to how many 5* Tharjas I can combine together?

Iryx

Mine are:

Lilina +RES -HP
MRobin +DEF -SPD
Reinhard +ATK -DEF
Camilla +SPD -HP
Kagero +SPD -RES

Here´s mine:

Lyn +ATK - RES
Marth +HP -RES
Lucius +DEF -HP
Sharena Neutral
Linde +HP - RES
Sheena #1 +ATK -RES
Sheena #2 +HP -ATK
Julia +DEF -HP
Takumi +SPD -RES
Kagero +ATK -RES

Vena

Well, since my rooted device seems to be shadow banned, here's mine:

;_;

--------

Also, ya, general word of warning if you've been getting that 3001 error. It can lead to a shadow ban (seemingly recent move by IS as the most recent thing I can find on this on google is from two days ago). If you're rooted, it seems to be irreversible and a permanent flag on the account (as I did several tests on my device to see if I could undo the shadowban, but it did not work). There are solutions to this, though they require some form of root masking when you initiate the game in general such that Google's API doesn't see the root access. I don't know how many here run SuperSU or Magisk root access but if you do, you may run into this problem.

I'm flashing into an updated Nougant build of a de-bloated stock ROM and will see if I can get around Google's API with a hidden root from SuperSU/Magisk.

Scum

Shame to hear that, Vena. :-/

Thank you! My only other 5* were Tharja and Sheena. So excited I got four in three pulls.

I'm also working on leveling another 4* Tharja to 5*... Should I combine her with the other 5*? Is that how the combining system works? Is there a limit to how many 5* Tharjas I can combine together?

I'm not too sure about combining chars but I think you can go up to +10. Hopefully, someone more verse in the subject can help...

Articalys

What is going on in this thread?!

First, it's a bit silly to blame US w/r/t you pulling or not on the right banners. We don't have any inside information that you don't have or can't get. If you're in doubt, check the Reddit page, as someone there always analyzes each banner as to whether it's worth it to pull or not. Besides, most of the info posted here just comes from the Reddit page anyway. Those Reddit folks do a lot of analysis. And picture making.
Wasn't trying to pin blame on anyone. Did not know Reddit was basically the "real" source.
Second, I think Cerium's advice posts are helpful. His "look at a screenshot of my unit killing another unit" posts are a bit obnoxious because they serve no actual purpose and I'm glad no one else does it. But we are all free to post and read and ignore whatever we want :)
Um... yes? Isn't that exactly what I was saying? Like, down to every point?
As for your team, just save your orbs for the next good banner. The top end arena isn't something that everyone is going to compete in so don't think you have to min max to that level. If you are really into min maxing for PVE stuff then I would check out OPTC.
Still don't really know what I want to do here. I really wish that <=4* duplicates weren't so useless; they give virtually nothing in terms of SP or feathers, so if they don't have skills you want to put on somebody else they're dead weight and a waste of a summon.

Sushen

For my new Azura, I'm thinking of putting:

Special: Moonbow or Vengeance
A: Life and Death 3
B: Wings of Mercy 3
C: Hone Attack 3

She'll be sharing role with Olivia where the main role is Dance/Sing, come in and fight when it comes down to it. Olivia against green heavy enemies; Azura against red heavy enemies.

What do you think?

Mupod

She'll be sharing role with Olivia where the main role is Dance/Sing, come in and fight when it comes down to it. Olivia against green heavy enemies; Azura against red heavy enemies.

What do you think?

I mean, that is an insane amount of SP you'd have to farm on a dancer. Life and Death 3 is a very odd and expensive choice, unless for some reason you have an excess of 5* units you can freely throw away. It'd be easier to keep Azura's default fortify buff on and give hone attack to someone else.

I like the idea of Fury on a dancer as it's rare that they have to fight, and it helps their frail defenses. Obviously I haven't used Azura who can go toe to toe with red swords but it's not like she's sweeping their team herself. Her normal speed+3 A slot is fine if you don't have a Fury to give out.

If I go ahead and make the Olivia I'm talking about, I'd probably give her a short charge special. Maybe Escutcheon. But yeah, tanking a couple of green mage hits would charge that up and maybe keep her alive against a melee unit that got too close, but in all my time using Olivia in arena I can't think of one time where she would have even gotten a special up. If she's fighting that much, I fucked up and probably lost a unit or two, which is probably a ruined run right there.

Scum

What do you think?

I gave mine Moonbow (Cheers Odin!). Plus my C: is Fortify Res 3. Then again, I have no idea what I'm doing, at times. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Sushen

I mean, that is an insane amount of SP you'd have to farm on a dancer. Life and Death 3 is a very odd and expensive choice, unless for some reason you have an excess of 5* units you can freely throw away. It'd be easier to keep Azura's default fortify buff on and give hone attack to someone else.

I like the idea of Fury on a dancer as it's rare that they have to fight, and it helps their frail defenses. Obviously I haven't used Azura who can go toe to toe with red swords but it's not like she's sweeping their team herself. Her normal speed+3 A slot is fine if you don't have a Fury to give out.

If I go ahead and make the Olivia I'm talking about, I'd probably give her a short charge special. Maybe Escutcheon. But yeah, tanking a couple of green mage hits would charge that up and maybe keep her alive against a melee unit that got too close, but in all my time using Olivia in arena I can't think of one time where she would have even gotten a special up. If she's fighting that much, I fucked up and probably lost a unit or two, which is probably a ruined run right there.
Hmm... I see your point. I just wanted her to be a B option when I come down to it doing something more than sing, but as you said the chances are rare. She's S+ tier, but I'm not quite sure of it.

BTW since I'm leveling her up, I put Olivia in the team to help out. Obviously you can't sing and dance each other.

Hmm... I see your point. I just wanted her to be a B option when I come down to it doing something more than sing, but as you said the chances are rare. She's S+ tier, but I'm not quite sure of it.

BTW since I'm leveling her up, I put Olivia in the team to help out. Obviously you can't sing and dance each other.

You can unequip the Sing/Dance skill of the unit you want to train so then the other can now sing or dance on them.

I feel like I'm gonna have over 400 orbs saved by the time Nephenee or Mia hits the banners. I desperately need of some new units and skill foddlers to play around with.

Took a few Crest but I am really happy that I reached 4454 points in Arena this week. Almost got close to 4550 but made one error. Considering only one member of the team have inheritance so far, I am happy of what I did. Just need to fight a lot... I got a fight against a Horse Emblem team of +10, +10, +8 and +8. Was not pretty and broke a great streak...

Game has been pretty good to me recently, just got Spring Chrom. I'm just going with free orbs as they're earned/given so it is nice to get anything nice inbetween infrequent rolls. This Chrom might be handy as my first 5* axe user, as far as casual f2p goes.

Game has been pretty good to me recently, just got Spring Chrom. I'm just going with free orbs as they're earned/given so it is nice to get anything nice inbetween infrequent rolls. This Chrom might be handy as my first 5* axe user, as far as casual f2p goes.

Probably going to be a bonus unit as well, so should get you a lot of feathers as well. Congrats.

Vena

Woops. Bricked my phone.

Oh well.

What's the fancy new thing on the block? Pixel?

Edit: Ooh fancy that, I unbricked it.

Mathematics

Neo Member
I feel like I'm gonna have over 400 orbs saved by the time Nephenee or Mia hits the banners. I desperately need of some new units and skill foddlers to play around with.

I tell myself to keep 200 for whenever Tellius and Choose Your Legends decides to drop. Camilla and her shard boost skill is tempting to keep going for but I don't have the key units for Flier Emblem and probably wouldn't have the orbs to get them when the data mined gauntlet comes.

evangd007

It's part of why some of the "I don't have the perfect 5*s so I can't arena" posts are so weird to me since you can get by with a mix of 5s and 4s; hell, I think I still hit 4k, admittedly on flawless runs, when I had to use a level 20-ish unit for Arena bonus. There's no real cost to enter so just #DoYourBest and it'll work out fine.

I made 4k with several deaths this week using Eldigan, -spd Takumi, 4* Ursula, and 4* CorrinF. That team is well below the supposed 5* in-meta Mendoza line.

SaintZ

Reinhardt is -HP/+RES.

This just happened to me but with MRobin... except he was 3 stars... :(

Vena

Alright, neat. So with further tests it seems that IS hasn't shadow banned my account so much as Google Play/IS/Nintendo has shadow banned my phone. Was able to log into my account and use it as expected on a different, regular phone. But on my phone its blocked from certain functions.

Interesting!

Reinhardt is -HP/+RES.

I have an Effie with exactly this nature.

Its the worst possible combination..

Glad I'm not the only one getting hit with bad IVs everywhere. Always sucks to have the wind knocked out of you after a good pull. Yay 4* Effie!... wait, -Atk +Spd? :(

5* Nino upgraded from 4* (because I had nothing else): +HP -Atk :(
5* Linde: +Res -Spd :(
5* RobinM: +Def -Spd :(
5* Eirika: +Def -Res -- at least that's not so bad

I have so many -Spd units across two accounts, it's not even funny. I wish I could look up the IVs of units outside of level 1 and level 40, I didn't think to check or make screenshots of everyone so I never know if it's worth upgrading one unit over another. Like, I have a 3* Nino I got from before I even knew about IVs, and for all I know her nature might be better than my other Nino.

I made 4k with several deaths this week using Eldigan, -spd Takumi, 4* Ursula, and 4* CorrinF. That team is well below the supposed 5* in-meta Mendoza line.

Yeah, I got 3800 with the aforementioned 5*s (minus RobinM) and a level 25 Ninian, and it was by no means a perfect run. I'm definitely not maxing out the stats because of that level 25, and I could be playing less sloppily too (I used an entirely different team without Ninian for one match because I'm an idiot and forgot). That's the main reason I don't let my IVs bother me too much. I honestly didn't think my team was capable of doing that well, especially surviving the one face-off against a Fury/Desperation 40+ Nino (my Nino is vanilla) with zero losses.

Achtius

They really need to give us a way to make the iv completely neutral so whale can still spend orbs roll +SPD or ATK, while us peasants can still fix bad iv.

Etria

I tell myself to keep 200 for whenever Tellius and Choose Your Legends decides to drop. Camilla and her shard boost skill is tempting to keep going for but I don't have the key units for Flier Emblem and probably wouldn't have the orbs to get them when the data mined gauntlet comes.

Same. I'm hoarding orbs for Tellius characters and when Ike is finally released. Have over 300 orbs now, and just used 20 last night to summon from the Spring banner.

The misconception that you need 4 5* units to exceed 4000 points in Arena needs to be dispelled if it hasn't already. I am rocking a team of 5* Seliph with bad IVs - can't remember what), 5* Nino (not +ATK or +SPD), 4* Sharena, and 4* Ursula. No skill inheritance whatsoever, and have been pitted against teams with lots of SI, especially Fury 3, Vantage 3 and Desperation. Admittedly I have lost to several team comps of that nature, but have been lucky to attain a score of 4,337 for this season (but not without deaths), which is my best ever score. It is doable to reach a respectable score, and my next goal is to have a perfect run.

spiritfox

Alright, neat. So with further tests it seems that IS hasn't shadow banned my account so much as Google Play/IS/Nintendo has shadow banned my phone. Was able to log into my account and use it as expected on a different, regular phone. But on my phone its blocked from certain functions.

Interesting!

What are you blocked from doing when you're shadowbanned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom