• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

The misconception that you need 4 5* units to exceed 4000 points in Arena needs to be dispelled if it hasn't already.

Yup. Every time it gets brought up I'm just ... "no, that's not how it works at all guys come on." Off-hand, the total stat pool you need is 600, with the bonus unit, to get to 600 points per win? Since it's bonus * ([AvgStat] + 150) for the rating formula if I recall.

Get one or two 5*s to bring up the average and as long as your other units aren't like 130 BST guys (4* mounted mages are in the 140s still), you're probably approaching, if not breaking, the 600 point per match mark. That's a 4200-ish flawless run? You can't expect to go perfect but that's still two, maybe three, deaths to still get by 4000. It's a lot easier than people give it credit for to at least have access to the possibility of going that high. Then you just gotta win.

Etria

Yup. Every time it gets brought up I'm just ... "no, that's not how it works at all guys come on." Off-hand, the total stat pool you need is 600, with the bonus unit, to get to 600 points per win? Since it's bonus * ([AvgStat] + 150) for the rating formula if I recall.

Get one or two 5*s to bring up the average and as long as your other units aren't like 130 BST guys (4* mounted mages are in the 140s still), you're probably approaching, if not breaking, the 600 point per match mark. That's a 4200-ish flawless run? You can't expect to go perfect but that's still two, maybe three, deaths to still get by 4000. It's a lot easier than people give it credit for to at least have access to the possibility of going that high. Then you just gotta win.

Yeah, for my Arena team, it is typically anywhere between 628-632 points from an Advanced match if no unit is KOed, which is a decent amount of points. There's always going to be 'unfair' matchups where either the map or the weapon triangle works against your favour and you lose units, but generally it is achievable over seven days and with the free duelling swords they give out. What is harder to attain is a better ranking over multiple seasons since I feel like you can slip out of the lower ranks so quickly if you don't try and increase your score. However, I'm not too fussed about spending too much effort on increasing my rank for an extra 500 feathers. I agree with the posters who have said that it's not worth the extra effort, and will be happy with the feather payout for this season.

Sushen

I have so many -Spd units across two accounts, it's not even funny. I wish I could look up the IVs of units outside of level 1 and level 40, I didn't think to check or make screenshots of everyone so I never know if it's worth upgrading one unit over another. Like, I have a 3* Nino I got from before I even knew about IVs, and for all I know her nature might be better than my other Nino.
I feel sorry for you, but at the same time, I see that I'm not the only unlucky bastard. It's a game of struggle where we struggle to get a 5* that should be in a good tier with a good IV. If I'm lucky enough to overcome all these odds, probably, I should be buying a lottery ticket rather than spending money on these images on phone screens.

Ninferno

Even pulling? That sucks.

I don't think so. Some Youtubers using emulators to stream FEH Like Ghast Station have encountered the error few days back; the problem seems to be only stopping them from buying orbs. Even with that, they can simply use an unrooted phone to buy orbs, and then enjoy the orbs with emulators or rooted phone if they wish.

There might be different circumstances or levels of blacklisting/banning, but this seems to be the most common case and kinda understandable (because there are indeed people who used rooted devices/emulators to "generate" orbs).

MANUELF

Banned
Finished the 10th stratum cavalry quest, it was far easier than the flier one, only the armored Will be left unifinished

Ninferno

Arena bonus chars for the next season is out:

C8YD_BEUAAILg7P.jpg

Looks like I will be stuck with Michalis for two weeks:)

Also, looks like the 3 OG lords will be rotating to be the bonus char from now on, which is great. I have Sharena at 4* lv40 so I probably won't have to train the 4* GHB Navarre if I don't want to.

If this pattern does continue, in a long run, for F2Ps like me who have terrible luck pulling focus chars it might be worthwhile to just promote the 3 OG lords (or at least Sharena and Anna) to 5* for some peace of mind.

spiritfox

I don't think so. Some Youtubers using emulators to stream FEH Like Ghast Station have encountered the error few days back; the problem seems to be only stopping them from buying orbs. Even with that, they can simply use an unrooted phone to buy orbs, and then enjoy the orbs with emulators or rooted phone if they wish.

There might be different circumstances or levels of blacklisting/banning, but this seems to be the most common case and kinda understandable (because there are indeed people who used rooted devices/emulators to "generate" orbs).

Ah ok. That's not that bad then. Sucks you can't buy orbs but eh.

C8YD_BEUAAILg7P.jpg

Also, looks like the 3 OG lords will be rotating to be the bonus char from now on, which is great. I have Sharena at 4* lv40 so I probably won't have to level the 4* GHB Navarre up to lv40 if I don't want to.

If this pattern does continue, in a long run, for F2Ps like me who have terrible luck pulling focus char it might be worthwhile to just promote the 3 OG lords (or at least Sharena and Anna) to 5* for some peace of mind.

Time to run Flier Emblem for Arena.

Sushen

C8YD_BEUAAILg7P.jpg

Also, looks like the 3 OG lords will be rotating to be the bonus char from now on, which is great. I have Sharena at 4* lv40 so I probably won't have to train the 4* GHB Navarre if I don't want to.

If this pattern does continue, in a long run, for F2Ps like me who have terrible luck pulling focus chars it might be worthwhile to just promote the 3 OG lords (or at least Sharena and Anna) to 5* for some peace of mind.
Finally, it's time for Bonfire to Michalis. Goodbye Tiki.

Vena

Even pulling? That sucks.

Nah just buying. Wanted to finally put some money into this because I had a five red orb spread to PULLROY! but then I hit the error.

Seems solution is to just bounce my account around if I ever want to buy orbs, but this certainly makes me even more F2P entrenched, rofl.

Unless I get this root solution working, and then I should be fine regardless as I can mask SafetyNet from seeing my root/unlocked boot.

OVDRobo

C8YD_BEUAAILg7P.jpg

Uh... the only one of these that I have is a level 40, 4* Sophia who I levelled just to see if it was possible to maximise such a statistically dreadful character.

It's going to be a painful couple of weeks in the arena.

Really regretting my decision to feed both Michalis' I had to other characters but Iote's shield is real handy to have as a backup.

Cerium

So tonight I decided to see how high I could push my BST while remaining within the borders of Nino Kuni. The key change was to swap out Takumi for 5* Young Tiki, the latter being my highest stat character. This left me a little less flexible, a little more vulnerable to Falchion, and also facing tougher competition. There was a lot of armor and some merged characters, though I did not run into any true krill eaters. I brought a little more focus to my game and was able to put together a perfect run without much more difficulty.

My last match included some 40+ armor and gave me the opportunity for a Hat Trick (taking three enemy units from full to dead in a single turn).

ZwjNgy0.png

Move 1: Swordbreaker Eirika erases Lucina

tQYnoHJ.png

Move 2: Kentucky Fried Dragon

YHFlcZP.png

Move 3: Ninian dances Nino into dead Sheena (screencap didn't come out properly unfortunately)

USrAgJR.png

In the end the BST manipulation was a success and I was able to break my limit and exceed the high score I set on the first night of the season.

c55dZia.png

With enough time and tries I think I could crack 4600 but I doubt it would put me in a different feather bracket, so I'll remain content with this.

My challenge to all y'all in every bracket: Post your own most stylish Hat Tricks!

So I'm back up to 40 orbs, and decided to pull since I'm now up to a 3.75% chance. No green orbs, so I choose the lone blue orb before I back out.

...Bunny Lucina.

Nice, but there goes all my work sniping green for Bunny Camilla. I laugh at my good/bad luck, back out, and prepare to try again with a freshly-reset percentage. One green orb, thank goodness. I click it...

...Raven. 5*.

It's getting comical now. To make it even sillier, I now have 13 5* units, including my dupe Bunny Chrom. None were promoted, all were pulled. Only one is red (Lyn). Only one is colorless (Maria).

Ugh, but meanwhile the gatcha is mocking me. I pulled a second Bunny Xander and still no Lucina in sight.
Bummer. Looks like you're getting trolled too, my condolences. :/

.eJwFwVEOxBAQANC7-MeYlqHX2ANsRIUmLcLs12bvvu99xWfe4hCVeaxD6_Naqc9TLe4zlqxK7-XOcVxLpf7oyBxTfXLjpQ0FsBQ2dAHI72idxuDBAIJFHwIZMqhfaebcVu38RjAkYZdgJFi5OWlJjVbE7w9cWyf-.NNqlTf-dgV0NqP6r6B40FZSzBtw

The only character I wanted was Bunny Chrom...

But instead I got rare, useful characters that I can't really be disappointed in. And zero orbs. So there is that.

Danj

Other than spending money to buy them, what's the best way to get orbs for another attempt at getting the Easter special characters (I already had one go which failed). I already completed all the story and paralogue maps on all difficulties.

Anyone got any tips for some of the harder orb quests? I think I've done most/all of the easier ones.

I got two Bunny Camillas and I don't really have a use for her or Xander. Wanna trade?
I so would if we could, lol.

I'm going to stop pulling and hoard orbs for a bit, might wait until the last day to try sniping again. Heck, it's not like it hasn't already given me enough units to train in the meantime.

Ninferno

So tonight I decided to see how high I could push my BST while remaining within the borders of Nino Kuni. The key change was to swap out Takumi for 5* Young Tiki,

My challenge to all y'all in every bracket: Post your own most stylish Hat Tricks!

You have Y!Tiki as well?! Just how many great pulls do you have... That's some insane luck for an F2P.

Congrats on the great score; it should put you comfortably into top 5k, and you are right that a few more points won't be enough for top 1k.

I don't have any stylish hat-tricks; the only hat-trick ever possible for my current team is when I got super lucky match-ups with 3 red swords who brainlessly ran into Effie The Unbreakable Wall and killed themselves one after another lol

BTW, I'm trying to shoot for 4600 one last time today. I'm now at 4/7 deathless, wish me luck because I'm definitely going to need it. Match me up with more armored, game! Dancers/+x mages stay away and mind your own business, please!

The corollary of this misconception isn't true either - if you have 4 5* units it is no guarantee of being able to get 4000 points, I can't even get 3000 with this team.

I'm not sure what to suggest since that's a pretty solid team. One thing I'd say is give Lucius Rehabilitate. The other healing skills are nowhere near as useful.

Try to get everyone to 40 while the 1.5x exp event is still up. That could help you out as well.

Ninferno

The corollary of this misconception isn't true either - if you have 4 5* units it is no guarantee of being able to get 4000 points, I can't even get 3000 with this team.

You need to include an arena bonus character to be able to enjoy the arena bonus. Anna is in the bonus set this season and you already have her at lv40; why not give her a chance?

Danj

I'm not sure what to suggest since that's a pretty solid team. One thing I'd say is give Lucius Rehabilitate. The other healing skills are nowhere near as useful.

Try to get everyone to 40 while the 1.5x exp event is still up. That could help you out as well.

Haven't got anybody I can sacrifice who has Rehabilitate. I have Lissa and Wrys, but Wrys doesn't have the skill as he is only 3* and I don't have enough feathers to get him to 4*, and Lissa is level 39+2 4* with all skills learned, I'm reluctant to sacrifice her - should I do it anyway, though?

You need to include an arena bonus character to be able to enjoy the arena bonus. Anna is in the bonus set this season and you already have her at lv40; why not give her a chance?

Lucius is my bonus character I thought? If I need to swap then, who would I swap for Anna?

Cerium

You have Y!Tiki as well?! Just how many great pulls do you have... That's some insane luck for an F2P.
As of tonight:

x50DWLU.png

I've been lucky, I suppose, but my luck is presently failing me with the current banner. I would trade all of those Xanders and Camillas for a few Lucinas and their Swift Sparrows.

The Nino was originally a 4* but I couldn't resist making the investment after discovering that she was +Spd/-Res.

Congrats on the great score; it should put you comfortably into top 5k, and you are right that a few more points won't be enough for top 1k.

I don't have any stylish hat-tricks; the only hat-trick ever possible for my current team is when I got super lucky match-ups with 3 red swords who brainlessly ran into Effie The Unbreakable Wall and killed themselves one after another lol

BTW, I'm trying to shoot for 4600 one last time today. I'm now at 4/7 deathless, wish me luck because I'm definitely going to need it. Match me up with more armored, game! dancers/+x mages stay away and mind your own business, please!
Good luck!

Danj

Oh yeah I finally got Moonbow on Odin, someone was saying I should use Inherit Skill to pass that on, was it Sharena that I should pass it on to?

Cerium

Oh yeah I finally got Moonbow on Odin, someone was saying I should use Inherit Skill to pass that on, was it Sharena that I should pass it on to?

Moonbow is generally great on fast offensive characters. And you don't have to learn a skill on the sacrificed character in order to pass it on.

Ninferno

Haven't got anybody I can sacrifice who has Rehabilitate. I have Lissa and Wrys, but Wrys doesn't have the skill as he is only 3* and I don't have enough feathers to get him to 4*, and Lissa is level 39+2 4* with all skills learned, I'm reluctant to sacrifice her - should I do it anyway, though?

Lucius is my bonus character I thought? If I need to swap then, who would I swap for Anna?

Oh, you are right. My bad. Too few people run healers that I forgot Lucius is a bonus char. In that case yeah, just concentrate on leveling Sharena to lv40 and some SI and you should be good.

Rehabilitate is essential for any healer to be viable at least but 4* +2 is indeed a bit too pricey for skill inheritance food. I would say wait for 2000 feather to promote Wrys if you want to continue using Lucius after the bonus char change. If not, just use the Lissa you have as is.

Danj

Moonbow is generally great on fast offensive characters. And you don't have to learn a skill on the sacrificed character in order to pass it on.

I'm guessing when you say "fast" you mean "highest Spd" or Spd above a certain level or something? Sharena is the only member of my party who doesn't have a Special Skill, so it kinda seemed like it would make sense for her to have it, but I don't think she's the fastest character on the team?

Oh, you are right. My bad. Too few people run healers that I forgot Lucius is a bonus char. In that case yeah, just concentrate on leveling Sharena to lv40 and some SI and you should be good.

Rehabilitate is essential for any healer to be viable at least but 4* +2 is indeed a bit too pricey for skill inheritance food. I would say wait for 2000 feather to promote Wrys if you want to continue using Lucius after the bonus char change. If not, just use the Lissa you have as is.

So wait are you saying I shouldn't be using a healer? Is that in general, or just for arena specifically? If so, who should I be swapping in?

EDIT: hey, what do you know, I managed to break 3,000 after all:

Definitely get everyone to 40 and don't use a healer. General consensus is that healers in arena aren't worth running. Go with another offensive character like Anna.

I got 4019 with this:

https://imgur.com/a/IMYcY

Mupod

Did another full arena run, this time with no dancer. Nino, Linde, Lucina and Ursula. Ursula did literally nothing the entire run, and I was almost deathless. I might have pulled it off but there was a chance the Azura would dance their Nino (mirror of my own) into range of Lucina and I'd have lost the entire match. I still beat my score by a bit and ended with 4398, best I've ever managed. I didn't even lose someone to the Horse Emblem team with a fucking +3 Eldigan on the bridge map. How do I even get matched against that with 4* and a team of casters, lol.

Same. I'm hoarding orbs for Tellius characters and when Ike is finally released. Have over 300 orbs now, and just used 20 last night to summon from the Spring banner.

The misconception that you need 4 5* units to exceed 4000 points in Arena needs to be dispelled if it hasn't already. I am rocking a team of 5* Seliph with bad IVs - can't remember what), 5* Nino (not +ATK or +SPD), 4* Sharena, and 4* Ursula. No skill inheritance whatsoever, and have been pitted against teams with lots of SI, especially Fury 3, Vantage 3 and Desperation. Admittedly I have lost to several team comps of that nature, but have been lucky to attain a score of 4,337 for this season (but not without deaths), which is my best ever score. It is doable to reach a respectable score, and my next goal is to have a perfect run.

yeah, I've broken 4000 with a team of four 4*, admittedly not by much due to point totals. It was an Ursula horse emblem team, she had an inherited regular Blarblade but I was running a stock Gunter/Jeigan/Stahl.

And I don't want to scare you but 300 orbs is by no means a guarantee you'll even get one 5*...if you're me.

Zafir

Well, I got orbs from the April quests and the last of the tower quests before they expired yesterday. Figured I may as well try complete the spring set at this point, rates are good, only missing Xander and I was missing a 5* lance user for those pesky quests where you need lance units.

I pulled a Azura instead. I guess that works, lol. She's +HP -ATK, which kind of sucks, but then again, being a singer I'm not sure I'll ever use her to attack.

I already had Ninian, but everyone kept saying Azura was better anyway.

Ninferno

So wait are you saying I shouldn't be using a healer? Is that in general, or just for arena specifically?

For arena specifically. Healer generally suffers lower stats total which is currently the base of the arena scoring system, but that's about to change in the upcoming April update so don't completely write them off just yet. Besides arena, healer can still be useful for story missions and grand hero battles. They are very valuable in training tower when you are leveling up newly acquired characters because these trainees need to survive the maps for the EXP to count; they might even help to soften up the enemies so that the trainees can get some easy kills.

@Danj

Curious, are people dying on your arena runs? I personally roll Elise, Cecilia, 4* Abel, and 4* Anna and I've got 900 score over you. My team being all Lv. 40 doesn't really explain enough.

Mupod

C8YD_BEUAAILg7P.jpg

I was leveling Michalis but I'm switching gears to Selena, still yet ANOTHER week where I have no 5* bonus though. Reposition could help her fill in for Olivia and Triangle Adept will make her useful situationally. I didn't want to swap in Michalis for Nino because then I'd be free to green mages and I'm seeing Nino everywhere now. Even saw a G Tomebreaker one.

c-murph

Hey guys, How exactly does the Inherit system work? I haven't used it yet.

I have a couple of 3* Lon'qus that know Vantage. I was thinking about putting it on my 5* Tharja. If I give Tharja Vantage will she be able to Learn Vantage 2 and 3 on her own afterwards? Do I have to max out Lon'qu's Vantage 3 first before giving the skill to Tharja? I don't think I can unlock the skill at 3* but I also don't seem able to use any 4* or higher characters to inherit skills from.... :S

Oh, also shes at level 38 with 342 SP... How do I get her more SP after I cap out at level 40?

Any help? plz and thank you? Maybe a guide somewhere?

Draxal

I have a couple of 3* Lon'qus that know Vantage. I was thinking about putting it on my 5* Tharja. If I give Tharja Vantage will she be able to Learn Vantage 2 and 3 on her own afterwards? Do I have to max out Lon'qu's Vantage 3 first before giving the skill to Tharja? I don't think I can unlock the skill at 3* but I also don't seem able to use any 4* or higher characters to inherit skills from.... :S

Oh, also shes at level 38 with 342 SP... How do I get her more SP after I cap out at level 40?

Any help? plz and thank you? Maybe a guide somewhere?

There is a guide on reddit and the various pages.

Basically, Lonqu at three star has Vantage 1 and 2 unlocked. Lon'Qu at 4 Star has Vantage 3 unlocked.

You're allowed to pass three skills at a time, if you were to inherit a three star LonQu Tharja could learn vantage 1 then vantage 2 FROM LON'QU, she won't be able to inherite Vantage 1. Then learn 2 and three on her own, every rank has to be inherited.

So if you want Vantage three on Tharja, you would raise lon'qu to four star then learn his skills from him then Vantage 1 > Vantage 2 > to Vantage 3.

You get SP by killing stuff that's up to ~five levels lower, so have her kill stuff in training grounds.

Mupod

Any help? plz and thank you?

You need to upgrade a 3* Lon'qu to 4*, but you do not need to learn Vantage on him - units can transfer any skill they can learn at their star level. You can transfer 3 skills per inheritance session, but that would need to include all 3 levels of Vantage. The reason to upgrade Lon'qu is because he doesn't learn Vantage 3 until 4*, and you want to do this because he is actually the only way you can pass along Vantage 3 without sacrificing a 5*.

You can get more SP by killing enemies in eighth stratum, sometimes seventh stratum. I forget the exact level range, I think it's 6 or 8. But you get 3 per kill. It's not that hard on a caster like Tharja.

I dunno if I'd put Vantage on Tharja to begin with but Vantage is so good in general that I guess it'd work. I like the Darting Blow/Desperation synergy a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom