• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-murph

There is a guide on reddit and the various pages.

Basically, Lonqu at three star has Vantage 1 and 2 unlocked. Lon'Qu at 4 Star has Vantage 3 unlocked.

You're allowed to pass three skills at a time, if you were to inherit a three star LonQu Tharja could learn vantage 1 then vantage 2 FROM LON'QU, she won't be able to inherite Vantage 1. Then learn 2 and three on her own, every rank has to be inherited.

So if you want Vantage three on Tharja, you would raise lon'qu to four star then learn his skills from him then Vantage 1 > Vantage 2 > to Vantage 3.

You get SP by killing stuff that's up to ~five levels lower, so have her kill stuff in training grounds.

You need to upgrade a 3* Lon'qu to 4*, but you do not need to learn Vantage on him - units can transfer any skill they can learn at their star level. You can transfer 3 skills per inheritance session, but that would need to include all 3 levels of Vantage. The reason to upgrade Lon'qu is because he doesn't learn Vantage 3 until 4*, and you want to do this because he is actually the only way you can pass along Vantage 3 without sacrificing a 5*.

You can get more SP by killing enemies in eighth stratum, sometimes seventh stratum. I forget the exact level range, I think it's 6 or 8. But you get 3 per kill. It's not that hard on a caster like Tharja.

I dunno if I'd put Vantage on Tharja to begin with but Vantage is so good in general that I guess it'd work. I like the Darting Blow/Desperation synergy a lot.

OMG thanks guys! I knew you guys would actually know how to play. lol So, darting blow/desperation? Might check that out before I make any decisions. I'm going to have to do some more looking into different builds for Tharja.

Is there a limit to how many inherited skills I can put on a character? Like can I put Draw back, Fury 3, Deparation 3, Vantage 3, Renewal 3, Hone Speed 3, and Hone Attack 3 and just equip and unequip the skills as needed?

Quixzlizx

For reference, I have a 4406 rating after a perfect run with Ephraim, Nino, Takumi, and a 4* Ursula.

None of those units are stat-pool monsters. Ephraim is the only one who is even above-average out of that group.

I also just pulled Azura this morning, which means I guess I'm not going to spend 20k feathers to promote Olivia. I'm never going to pull a focus unit again, though : \

Mupod

OMG thanks guys! I knew you guys would actually know how to play. lol So, darting blow/desperation? Might check that out before I make any decisions. I'm going to have to do some more looking into different builds for Tharja.

the cookie cutter -blade tome desperation caster build is to have something that boosts speed in slot A, and some way to lower your own HP. Fury does both, but Tharja comes with Darting Blow so you could give her ardent sacrifice instead (florina has it).

if your tharja is -spd that throws a slight kink in things though, since desperation requires you to be able to double the enemy. But I'm assuming you've got hone or rally speed on your team which means it'd probably be fine most of the time.

edit: there is also no limit to learnable skills, as far as I know. It works the way you think, you can equip and unequip them. But good luck getting all that SP.

This is making me wonder how I managed to break 4k points using a level 23 3* Fir as a bonus unit. She mostly serves as bait sacrificed to save/lure units.

Dang, I fell out of the top 1000 and am still falling with a score of 4622. Was bound to happen.

Can't wait for the feather payout. Then my Bunnicina will be complete.

c-murph

the cookie cutter -blade tome desperation caster build is to have something that boosts speed in slot A, and some way to lower your own HP. Fury does both, but Tharja comes with Darting Blow so you could give her ardent sacrifice instead (florina has it).

if your tharja is -spd that throws a slight kink in things though, since desperation requires you to be able to double the enemy. But I'm assuming you've got hone or rally speed on your team which means it'd probably be fine most of the time.

edit: there is also no limit to learnable skills, as far as I know. It works the way you think, you can equip and unequip them. But good luck getting all that SP.

Ah, so there's the issue. Damn rare SP... So, what happens if I get a Tharja with better IVs? Do I got to start the process all over with inheritable skills and SP collecting?

Wiseblade

Ah, so there's the issue. Damn rare SP... So, what happens if I get a Tharja with better IVs? Do I got to start the process all over with inheritable skills and SP collecting?
Merging is scheduled to get an update this month that would allow you to transfer your skills to the new Tharja.

c-murph

Merging is scheduled to get an update this month that would allow you to transfer your skills to the new Tharja.

I wonder if the transferred skills will be learned or you will have to learn again with sp.

I'd imagine the latter, since that would act as the cost of doing it. Though would be sweet if one didn't have to learn them again.

Ahhhh, so, I don't have to hold off on adding any inherited skills to my Tharja then. I'll be able to transfer them to another some day. Wonderful. Thanks guys! You've all been a great deal of help!

Also, figured out why I couldn't inherit anything from 4* characters... They were all favorited. :p

Zafir

Do we know whether the same 3 skill limit is going to apply?

I imagine so, but sucks if you've pulled over a few harder to get skills.

Ninferno

I did it, I actually did it! I finally broke 4600 for the first time. What a roller coaster ride that is!
4612_zpsl26ex6xe.png
(oops, the team above is not my arena team; it is my budget filer training tower quest team)

Again, I will be lying if I don't contribute this to luck, at least partially. Running a melee team without dancers is rough as hell; I'm absolutely not doing it again once the April matchmaking overhaul hits. To increase my chances, I have to carefully select my opponents. See that opponent with a dancer as leader? I gave up in a heartbeat. How about an unusual flier like Shanna as the leader? Nah, that's a bait used by the evil Flier Emblems, better give up now rather than breaking the streak when you go in and find +x Minerva supported by both Hone Fortify Fliers.

With all these cautiousness, I got lucky this time as I didn't run into too many mages, but when I did it was intense as fuck. I often need to evaluate movements 2-3 turns ahead and I feel like I'm sitting for an exam for Artificial Intelligence (I did take some courses in AI during university) and solving search tree problems rather than playing a mobile game. This is the level of accuracy needed for a pure melee team attempting deathless streaks.

Anyway, Nowi with Quick Riposte 2 has been proven again and again to be a priceless asset; I simply can't count how many times she has saved my ass. Effie the One Punch Man, no, woman is a valuable addition to my hero roaster as well. She lacks some of the flexibility (mostly distant counter and maneuverability) Nowi provides, but the fact that she's not afraid of Lucinas and Marths (who are still very prominent at the 660 score level, especially those with Fury 3) is no small feat. Wary Fighter is an absolute god send as well.

My boy Marth though, his usefulness has significantly diminished recently. Fury 3 suits him well (he's +SPD -HP) but his role in the team has pretty much relegated to be the "Hector Killer". The fact that Azura (and to a lesser extent, Ninian) poses so much threat to him is very damning. Facing the now numerous "blue dancer + Nino" teams is one of my most dreaded experience. With their terrifying reach, my Marth often either find it difficult to reach and kill Nino in time, or he will face the retaliation from Azura or alike afterwards. In many cases I have to resort to letting Nino hit Effie and then on my turn pierce a hole through her. Thank god Fury 3 has that 6 HP penalty after battle otherwise Effie won't even be able to deal with these scary Fury 3 +x Ninos reliably.

I'm now seriously thinking about promoting Olivia to 5* to replace Marth. Of course, I will wait for the April update before pulling the trigger but I guess it is eventually inevitable. I have dumped 150+ F2P orbs sniping for Ninian to no avail so I've come to acknowledge the fact that I will probably never pull a 5* dancer, at least not until IS make a "Dancers vs Singers" voting gauntlet. lol

Danj

@Danj

Curious, are people dying on your arena runs? I personally roll Elise, Cecilia, 4* Abel, and 4* Anna and I've got 900 score over you. My team being all Lv. 40 doesn't really explain enough.

Yes, sometimes. Also I've been choosing whatever is the easiest matchup, to try and ensure that the chain keeps going to 7 wins - this is not always intermediate or advanced unfortunately.

I'll try swapping Anna in place of Lucius.

EDIT: yeah not having a healer is a terrible idea, now at least 2 or 3 people are dying every battle instead of just occasionally.

Alucrid

Banned
for nino, is it fortify or hone that doesn't get the weapon bonus? or do both not and only rally effects get doubled? also, in general, what's more useful, fortify or hone? trying to decide what C skills to start inheriting...or maybe threaten skills

I'd imagine the latter, since that would act as the cost of doing it. Though would be sweet if one didn't have to learn them again.

aren't they making it so that if you merge a unit that learns all it's default skills then the new unit will unlock those skills without having to learn them? might make sense if learned inherited skills also transfer over like that too.

Quixzlizx

/\/\
Fortify, hone, and rally all give the bonus, although they don't stack if they are the same stat.
It's the spur/defiant/etc. abilities that don't give the bonus. If the buff doesn't give you the green arrow, it won't trigger the weapon damage buff.

Yes, sometimes. Also I've been choosing whatever is the easiest matchup, to try and ensure that the chain keeps going to 7 wins - this is not always intermediate or advanced unfortunately.

You're not going to get to 4k unless you choose advanced every time. Period.

A unit dying in advanced would still give you more points than intermediate and definitely more than beginner. If you did advanced every match and had a bonus character and all characters were at level 40 then I think you would crack 4,000 even with a lot of deaths.

Also it's a marathon not a sprint if you feel like your current run won't net you a better score than your current score then surrender or let your team get wiped and start over, this is more important in going for deathless streaks.

Mupod

for nino, is it fortify or hone that doesn't get the weapon bonus? or do both not and only rally effects get doubled? also, in general, what's more useful, fortify or hone? trying to decide what C skills to start inheriting...or maybe threaten skills

aren't they making it so that if you merge a unit that learns all it's default skills then the new unit will unlock those skills without having to learn them? might make sense if learned inherited skills also transfer over like that too.

Think about it this way. She gets a bonus from anything that gets applied as a buff for that turn, which shows up as a vertical arrow on her character and the stat turns blue. Fortify and Hone are the same type of buff for different stats. Hone for spd/atk and Fortify for def/res respectively.

Rally buffs are a single target version of the same type of thing, which you can see for yourself if you try to use Rally Attack for example on someone buffed by Hone Attack. You can't, since they don't stack. Defiant atk/speed etc self-buffs are also in this category.

Spur buffs are the ones that are applied in-combat when standing next to the spur unit, those don't give extra damage to Nino.

Alucrid

Banned
Think about it this way. She gets a bonus from anything that gets applied as a buff for that turn, which shows up as a vertical arrow on her character and the stat turns blue. Fortify and Hone are the same type of buff for different stats. Hone for spd/atk and Fortify for def/res respectively.

Rally buffs are a single target version of the same type of thing, which you can see for yourself if you try to use Rally Attack for example on someone buffed by Hone Attack. You can't, since they don't stack. Defiant atk/speed etc self-buffs are also in this category.

Spur buffs are the ones that are applied in-combat when standing next to the spur unit, those don't give extra damage to Nino.

Ah okay, got it. Thanks

Danj

You're not going to get to 4k unless you choose advanced every time. Period.

It's gonna be a long slow grind then, I'm a tier 6 and coming up against tier 9 enemies in Advanced just pwns me completely. And with the seasons only being a week long, unless something changes drastically I just don't see there being enough time for me to be able to grind out a 7 win run.

A unit dying in advanced would still give you more points than intermediate and definitely more than beginner. If you did advanced every match and had a bonus character and all characters were at level 40 then I think you would crack 4,000 even with a lot of deaths.

Also it's a marathon not a sprint if you feel like your current run won't net you a better score than your current score then surrender or let your team get wiped and start over, this is more important in going for deathless streaks.

scy

This is making me wonder how I managed to break 4k points using a level 23 3* Fir as a bonus unit. She mostly serves as bait sacrificed to save/lure units.

You need ~572 points per win to just break 4k over 7 wins; that's around a combined stat pool of around 544 or like ... ~136 BST per unit. And that's being a little conservative since you tend to get matched around or above your total BST. Edit: Actually, forgot the penalty is simpler than that, it's just a percentage cut off the win; each death is -10% of the points for winning.

To put this in perspective, three people from my mage team gets me to 544 total stats, meaning any level 1 unit is enough to break 4k (with at most two deaths, though two would be pushing it).

It's gonna be a long slow grind then, I'm a tier 6 and coming up against tier 9 enemies in Advanced just pwns me completely.

For what it's worth, "tier" literally just means how many weeks of Arena they've done. It has no relevance on difficulty.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

EDIT: yeah not having a healer is a terrible idea, now at least 2 or 3 people are dying every battle instead of just occasionally.

Try having a low level dancer instead of Lucius. It'll usually lower the average level of your opponent when you do advanced then. (aka if you have 3 lvl 40s and a lvl 20 Olivia or something, you'll usually battle 4 lvl 35s, or someone who has a setup like you with one low level character).

Also tiers don't matter at all. It just means they've played arena 9 weeks and you've played it 6 lol.

Quixzlizx

Does a party of Nowi, Eirika, Nino, and Azura sound pretty balanced? I'm a bit burned that I wasted feathers/Matthew/SP putting hone speed 3 on Ephraim when I ended up pulling Eirika about a week later, but oh well. I can also sub in Sharena for Nowi when she happens to be the bonus unit of the week.

I'm not sure how to skill them out, though. I'd probably put Quick Riposte on Nowi, and maybe Fury 3? I only have one Hinata. I'm not sure what special to put on her; possibly one of the tanky ones.

I think Reposition would be better on Eirika than Pivot. I could have Nino move ahead to toast someone, then flip her back to safety. Not sure what to put in her A slot, other than Triangle Adept, Fury, or Defiant Def. Dunno about her special, either.

Nino I already have kitted out with Fury 2 and Desperation 3. Is the general consensus just to put Moonbow on her? It seems like overkill.

For Azura I'm definitely equipping Wings of Mercy. I'm not sure whether I should replace
Speed +3 with Fury for her.

kewlmyc

Arena bonus chars for the next season is out:

C8YD_BEUAAILg7P.jpg

Looks like I will be stuck with Michalis for two weeks:)

Also, looks like the 3 OG lords will be rotating to be the bonus char from now on, which is great. I have Sharena at 4* lv40 so I probably won't have to train the 4* GHB Navarre if I don't want to.

If this pattern does continue, in a long run, for F2Ps like me who have terrible luck pulling focus chars it might be worthwhile to just promote the 3 OG lords (or at least Sharena and Anna) to 5* for some peace of mind.

Time for Bunny Lucina to hide in the corner while Nino/Eirika wipe everything.

You need ~572 points per win to just break 4k over 7 wins; that's around a combined stat pool of around 544 or like ... ~136 BST per unit. And that's being a little conservative since you tend to get matched around or above your total BST. Edit: Actually, forgot the penalty is simpler than that, it's just a percentage cut off the win; each death is -10% of the points for winning.

To put this in perspective, three people from my mage team gets me to 544 total stats, meaning any level 1 unit is enough to break 4k (with at most two deaths, though two would be pushing it).

Yea I'm not too familiar with the calculations for the arena and BST stuff in general.Guess Effie and a Fae +2 was able to make up for it?

Kevdo

I don't have any 5* axe users yet, but when I get this week's arena rewards I'll have enough feathers to rank up either Anna, Narcian, or Michalis. I'm leaning towards Narcian or Michalis because I also don't have any 5* flyers, but who knows...

Thoughts on who I should dump my feathers into?

In other news, it only just occurred to me: I wonder if we'll ever get units with off-color weapons, like a green sword Lancereaver?

Vena

Finally fixed my "shadow ban". Dug out one of my old phones, reflashed to a stock rom with no root and I have access to all orb options! Now I can spend this ten bucks from my friend for doing his Michalis 4* challenge map. Muhahahaha.

Then back to my superior and EVIL rooted, unlocked phone.

I don't have any 5* axe users yet, but when I get this week's arena rewards I'll have enough feathers to rank up either Anna, Narcian, or Michalis. I'm leaning towards Narcian or Michalis because I also don't have any 5* flyers, but who knows...

In other news, it only just occurred to me: I wonder if we'll ever get units with off-color weapons, like a green sword Lancereaver?

If Anna, Alfonse, and Sharena are always in cycling in as bonus units I would say Anna would be the better option long term.

Scum

Finally fixed my "shadow ban". Dug out one of my old phones, reflashed to a stock rom with no root and I have access to all orb options! Now I can spend this ten bucks from my friend for doing his Michalis 4* challenge map. Muhahahaha.

Then back to my superior and EVIL rooted, unlocked phone.

Fingers crossed for Roy.

I wouldn't invest in any of those units, but Anna is the best option among those.

I'm just using 4* Michalis for Arena. I just need to be at 4500, and his stats are still good enough to make this attainable.

So I'm slowly working my attack team. I have a good handle on my A, B, Cs but what should I focus on for Specials, Assists ?

My team is currently Takumi +1, Robin M, Hector and Lucina... any must have Specials/Assists that anyone can recommend? Recipricol Aid/Rallys/pivot etc seem interesting. I have no idea what to swap in for Specials, are there better ones than their stock build?

Scum

So I'm slowly working my attack team. I have a good handle on my A, B, Cs but what should I focus on for Specials, Assists ?

My team is currently Takumi +1, Robin M, Hector and Lucina... any must have Specials/Assists that anyone can recommend? Recipricol Aid/Rallys/pivot etc seem interesting. I have no idea what to swap in for Specials, are there better ones than their stock build?

Give Pivot to Hector but you'll be sacrificing Cherche, Eirika or Marth for it though.

What A and C skills should I put on my Lissa? I was thinking Hone Attack 3 for C, but I'm not sure.

C's flexible. It can be whatever buff you think your team needs (which is generally more Atk). A, given Lissa's lack of offensive capability, should be used to improve her durability. HP+5 might not be the worst idea.

Semajer

C's flexible. It can be whatever buff you think your team needs (which is generally more Atk). A, given Lissa's lack of offensive capability, should be used to improve her durability. HP+5 might not be the worst idea.

Would Defiant Defence be worth it? It would help her to survive an attack so that she can get away and give a chance for Renewal to heal her.

I wouldn't be sacrificing characters to stack up skills on a healer.

One day, healers will get buffed. One day...:( #BuffHealers

Personally think they'd be the perfect counter to the -blade meta if staff effects applied before combat starts (e.g. all buffs get nuked immediately if using Panic, for example). That, and staves dealing full damage under specific conditions. (e.g. Panic dealing full damage to debuffed targets, Assault dealing full damage to targets under 50% HP). I'd ask for full damage at all times, but you'd be surprised by how much damage some healers could do with full damage. haha

Buuut that's just wishful thinking. <.<

Would Defiant Defence be worth it? It would help her to survive an attack so that she can get away and give a chance for Renewal to heal her.

At low HP and given her Spd, I'm not really sure she'd survive another attack even if Defiant Defence were active.

Semajer

At low HP and given her Spd, I'm not really sure she'd survive another attack even if Defiant Defence were active.

I might just experiment with the skills I've got duplicates of. Lissa is fairly useful anyway, I just like the thought of someone in the arena having attack just short of being able to beat her.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Woot! Got 4020 score with my team of 5* Ninian+1, 5* Karel+1, 4* F-Corrin, and 4* Nino!
I've had the same experience as some of you, trying to run with all 5* (Chrom, Bunnilla) and having no luck. Meanwhile, Nino does her best and Corrin becomes very tanky and useful because of the dragon synergy and her buffs.

Pulled Azura and Takumi as well as a 4* Eirika that I'm really looking forward to raising. Missed out on Bunncina like many of you, though. :(

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So I started playing this, hoping battles would be more interactive (never played a Fire Emblem game). But it seems like the only strategy is positioning? Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom