• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

Welp. MRobin trivialized that.

FoJLwyi.jpg

scy

This map makes me think they're missing demoing equipment / S skills that allow them to ignore terrain or gain stats in terrain or something. The forest tiles really screw with them way too much for this layout to make sense with these units.

That or it's meant to be a relatively free map compared to the last few.

Ninferno

Beat 4* Navarre mission with ease on my alt account. Again, nothing worth bragging about because my alt account has Hector aka the game's built-in cheat code. He lured the two ninjas and smashed them with Armads. These two ninjas can actually deal some serious damage to him though, with doubling and specials (even my Hector with +ATK and some ATK spurring help couldn't one shot these ninjas) so a healer to bring Hector's HP back to QR2 threshold is very helpful. With these sneaky ninjas dead, Lucina massacred the rest, with a bit of help from the healer. Reinhardt didn't do jack shit in terms of attacking but hey, he provide the crucial pivot point for Hector to pivot to safety so I'm thankful for him as well.

Overall, an interesting map as always. It feels noticeably less restraining this time and I'm sure there will be a million more ways to complete it compared to the pass maps that mostly require you to have a unit to tank certain hits if you don't have many re-positioning utilities. This time around you have more space to work with and certainly more options to approach it. It is definitely "easier" in the sense that it doesn't impose a hard check of whether you have a certain type of characters. I would say I prefer the design of this map much more than the previous ones. Interestingly, this is also the first time I think the map actually put you in advantage in terms of terrain. That forest helps you a great deal in separating the enemies.

Also, in defense of this GHB being ridiculously "easy", I would like to point out that it is easy to a lot of us because we now have a shitload of OP units post-SI, which newcomers won't have access to just yet. When IntSys designs the GHB maps they probably do not wish to alienate newcomers too much and make it difficult even for post-SI teams.

Have to wait until later to do this with my main account at home with Nox, though I don't think these guys can post much threat to my QR2 Nowi as well:)
Edit: actually, those ninjas have ridiculous Res so my Nowi isn't great for them, have to bring in Effie as well.

Navarre get. Just buff Takumi to bait the Ninja, after that you can basically pick off one enemy at a time as they exit the forest area.

Well that took a whole minute. Navarre was easily the least threatening GHB. Stuck Subaki in his face and he did 0 and got doubled for 45

Ninferno

S passive skills now?... They couldn't call it D skills?

Oh well, I wonder how big of a deal they will be.

That forth slot is likely to be the "equippable item" mentioned in the April update preview. I think it makes sense to not call it D skill just to distinguish it from the ABCs because it does work differently.

Well then. That's the first time I've cleared both versions of a Grand Hero battle on the first try with no problems whatsoever. All you need is one unit that can handle ninjas and they're both dead in one turn. After that it's just mop-up duty.

OVDRobo

Finally resigned myself to the fact the I need to spec MRobin solely to delete Takumi and threw triangle adept on him after losing an arena match to the third Takumi in a row that had vantage. Two months after release and I still absolutely loathe Takumi.

Needing to use Sophia in the arena is making me want to stick my head in a blender. She's absolutely terrible, even at 4*.

Time to try out this new GHB...

Ninferno

Just took a look at Navarre's stats and skills and things aren't looking too hot to be honest. His stats look pretty much identical at lv1 with Lon'qu's. His skills are also underwhelming. Threaten SPD 3 and Desperation 2 at 4*, not even great SI food material. This is the series' iconic Myrmidon we are talking about IntSys; you are not doing him justice:(

Well, guess I will probably be using Sharena as bonus char for the next arena season then. At least I don't have to level up someone else again, which is good.

microfolk

Do we know anything about future banners? I'm very tempted to drop some orbs on the new one, I'd really love to get Eirika and make the Nino team I've always dreamt of... Effie looks like an amazing unit, pulling another Kagero would be hilarious and Sophia... Looks like Julia? I don't actually know anything about her.

Ninferno

Finally resigned myself to the fact the I need to spec MRobin solely to delete Takumi and threw triangle adept on him after losing an arena match to the third Takumi in a row that had vantage. Two months after release and I still absolutely loathe Takumi.

Needing to use Sophia in the arena is making me want to stick my head in a blender. She's absolutely terrible, even at 4*.

Time to try out this new GHB...

Your TA MRobin is going to have some fun in this GHB map at least, so that is pretty good news right?

_Legacy_

I don't get it, who's the bottom middle arena bonus character, if not Julia? I wasted a sword thinking I was fine and was surprised to see it was not her

Sölf

I don't get it, who's the bottom middle arena bonus character, if not Julia? I wasted a sword thinking I was fine and was surprised to see it was not her

Sophia.

The Nabarl map was really easy, took me 2 tries (and only 2 because I needed a healer). Kagero, Ninian (and dancer that survives the healer works), Elise (dito) and Young Tiki. Kagero baited the right thief with help from Ninian, was healed on the next turn and baited the next thief. Then I killed Nabarl and the Axe dude and just had to survive the healer.

Currently I am using level 37 Spring Camilla, let's see how that works out. Lost a few units so far, still got 4136 points on my first run through.

Sölf

They should really reset the daily Hero Battle after a while so you can get new copies every month instead of making it a one time thing.

I agree with resetting, but not every month. There are how many heroes, 12? Make it 3-4 iterations or something similar, so you have more than enough time to do it (and also get enough new heroes at some point to add).

OVDRobo

Looks like it's Camilla vs Hinoka in the first round.

Starting with a bloodbath, huh?

I have a feeling that it's going to be a Lucina situation again, where whichever of these two wins this first battle will probably be the overall victor. Maybe I'm misreading the situation, but I don't think there's enough pre-awakening folks playing to give Minerva much of a chance and everyone else strikes me as at least vaguely unpopular. Maybe Cordelia will stand a chance as well.

Starting with a bloodbath, huh?

I have a feeling that it's going to be a Lucina situation again, where whichever of these two wins this first battle will probably be the overall victor. Maybe I'm misreading the situation, but I don't think there's enough pre-awakening folks playing to give Minerva much of a chance and everyone else strikes me as at least vaguely unpopular. Maybe Cordelia will stand a chance as well.

Cordelia did significantly better than Hinokain the choose your legends poll. (14th overall vs 44th). Minerva was 110th.

this will probably be a sweep for Camilla.

Cerium

You should've seen the fight, all I remember was it getting buffed to all stats from Eirika and Ninian. It had 62 attack and a lot of speed, I couldn't do anything against it. It makes Julia look like a joke.

15 defense tho. Walk up to her and punch her in the face.

Ninferno

Let's be honest, the other side has a Ninian so it would be extremely difficult to get a physical melee unit close in for the punch without getting toasted. To lower the one-shot bar, you need a blue lancer, but Ephraim with low Res and Spd will be food for this monstrosity. Effie can survive with Wary Fighter but with her movement it's difficult to bait mages with dancers because you are likely to receive a second blow. Or you can have a highly merged Ryoma (to be able to have both good ATK and RES), which is very unlikely. Or you can have an archer, but I doubt ggx2ac will get matched with this thing while running an archer (whose BST generally does not match this, unless at a similar merge level).

ggx2ac

If I was using a blue unit that did physical damage, maybe. This is ignoring everything else about the units surrounding her and the stage that was disadvantageous to me.

She did 77 damage before calculating resistance and triangle adept. She killed a blue user that had triangle adept.

Rodin

Well, Hector made the new event pretty easy even in lunatic. He tanked and destroyed the two ninjas and Kagero did the rest. Reinhardt and Lucina had zero issues against Navarre.

_Legacy_

If I was using a blue unit that did physical damage, maybe. This is ignoring everything else about the units surrounding her and the stage that was disadvantageous to me.

She did 77 damage before calculating resistance and triangle adept. She killed a blue user that had triangle adept.

That's just dirty, although you seem to face a lot of +10 teams. Out of curiosity, how many +10s do you have?

ggx2ac

That's just dirty, although you seem to face a lot of +10 teams. Out of curiosity, how many +10s do you have?

None. lol

It's because of the matchmaking system. If they had updated today since it is the beginning of April, I wouldn't have been facing level 50 teams. But who knows if it really would have been fixed?

_Legacy_

None. lol

It's because of the matchmaking system. If they had updated today since it is the beginning of April, I wouldn't have been facing level 50 teams. But who knows if it really would have been fixed?

Needs fixing ASAP, highest I've seen is +4 but I haven't seen many in honesty.

Trunx28

Navarre was probably the easiest special map ever. Nino, Jaffar, Olivia and Klein wrecked the hell out of these guys.

wtf is this Arthur-guy? Just got a 3* one from my last pull and he looks like coming from a 20's comic book.

fek

My Navarre Lunatic fight (Nino, Effie, dancer, healer):
Started with Nino killing the green axe, then I danced for her and used draw back to get both Nino and the dancer out of range. The healer starts moving to the right side to bait a ninja on the next turn and Effie moves up to kill Navarre (with a dance) and tank one ninja and the healer on the next turn. With only the ninjas and the healer left, Effie kills a ninja and Nino attacks the other one, gets danced and healed and kills on the next attack. Might need Moonbow for that, mine was up in this turn. I then send the healer with a dance to rescue Effie that's already close to death and then Effie takes two turns to kill the healer.

Sterok

Male Robin and Nino tore through Navarre's map with ease. Eirika's boosts helped. Swordbreaker Lucina deleted Navarre without blinking. Lunatic cleared in one go.

Scum

I want a Support skill for Tharja. Would any of the 'Rally' skills be good? I'm thinking of 'Rally Defence'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom