• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

I'll try a Kagero pull once I scrape together a few orbs to pull from this damn banner before it disappears.

Stupid orb drought.
They better prepare something as there is absolutely no way to earn orbs atm. I feel like they should pace it better because mid last month, they were raining down orbs and then now.

The same goes with banners. There was time end of March with only one banner available which was 2 weeks old.

StAidan

I'm assuming that one dude who clears them with 3* units has done it for Navarre. I imitated him last time for Michalis and built a team around that strategy, worked perfectly.

We lost the 1.5xp so leveling a whole squad might be a bit of a pain, though.

Yes he did. Well Subaki totally murders Navarre so it's an easier fight.

Wow, all righty then. My biggest challenge was having MRobin 2x attacked by the colorless units (Navarre himself was a pushover for Ephraim), so I figured I needed either a speed buff for Robin or somebody with Drag Back to single the units out a little better. Based on that video, maybe I could figure out how to incorporate Eirika once I've finished leveling her.

I need to subscribe to that guy, that's some good stuff right there.

Pejo

Nice, got a Kagero. +HP/-DEF. Not what I'd have picked, but I have worse bane/boons I guess.

Looking at my list of 5*'s, I don't have a single "perfect" bane/boon across the entire collection. God dammit I hope they eventually allow for re-rolls.

Wichu

Wow, all righty then. My biggest challenge was having MRobin 2x attacked by the colorless units (Navarre himself was a pushover for Ephraim), so I figured I needed either a speed buff for Robin or somebody with Drag Back to single the units out a little better. Based on that video, maybe I could figure out how to incorporate Eirika once I've finished leveling her.

I need to subscribe to that guy, that's some good stuff right there.

Triangle Adept MRobin basically solos the map other than the axe guy. Eirika buffs are pretty useful, but the Panic enemy can mess you up.

I cleared it first try with the team I used last arena season (Anna/MRobin/Eirika/Nino), but I think it would have been even easier with a healer (I had to retreat Robin at the end as he was running low on health after taking a bunch of Poison Strike hits and having Eirika's buffs reversed by the cleric).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not as good as Reinhardt, but if you have +Atk and death blow 2/3 then can still remove a lot of units.

Not sure she is necessarily worse than Reinhardt. She's a lot faster and can get 4 attacks in against some enemies with some buffs and/or the right build. I used her for 2 weeks in arena and really liked her.

Both are good, really, I guess, is the bottom line.

Mupod

Leveling Hector right now, man Reposition is a godsend for this.

Like Linde I'll level him as slow as I can. Gotta get that cheap SP while he's low level. This is partly why I didn't get the last castle upgrade, well that and I'm orb poor.

All I wanted was a Caeda to complete my flier emblem team, but all I got was this.

Ef37KJNl.png

Finally got an armored unit.Effie. about time.

+attack -hp

So Effie crew what do I give her to make her shine? She seems great outta the box already. I hear a brave weapon is the way to go. What special do people like to load up on her?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Leveling Hector right now, man Reposition is a godsend for this.

Like Linde I'll level him as slow as I can. Gotta get that cheap SP while he's low level. This is partly why I didn't get the last castle upgrade, well that and I'm orb poor.

I haven't fully leveled my castle because of orbs either!

o/ * \o

They better prepare something as there is absolutely no way to earn orbs atm. I feel like they should pace it better because mid last month, they were raining down orbs and then now.

The same goes with banners. There was time end of March with only one banner available which was 2 weeks old.

Well, we have 10 orbs incoming Friday from the twitter quiz stuff, and we will probably have 20 orbs from the voting gauntlet too. As you said though, there aren't really many orbs for grabs. Then again, I feel like the update schedule is rushed for some reason. I would have expected them to balance the content out so the voting gauntlet would be next week and we'd have the GHB this week. Maybe it has something to do with FE Echoes being released in Japan this month?

Not sure she is necessarily worse than Reinhardt. She's a lot faster and can get 4 attacks in against some enemies with some buffs and/or the right build. I used her for 2 weeks in arena and really liked her.

Both are good, really, I guess, is the bottom line.

She is certainly better on the enemy phase as she won't get doubled as much and her higher res makes her better at trading mage hits. Reinhardt is just really good at removing enemies and not even taking damage and thus not being in as much of a position to be followed up on the enemy phase.

A +Spd Olwen with Darting Blow would get you in quad attack area though. Especially with a buff.

Roman

Finally got an armored unit.Effie. about time.

+attack -hp

So Effie crew what do I give her to make her shine? She seems great outta the box already. I hear a brave weapon is the way to go. What special do people like to load up on her?

Congratulations! Yours has the same nature as my main Effie, although I'm still waiting for the perfect +Atk/-Spd to start merging.

Absolutely give her Pivot, it makes a tremendous difference in mobility. Then a Brave Lance, and plan for a Brave Lance+ down the road. For the Special you can either go Escutcheon so she takes less damage or Bonfire, but in most cases I'd describe the latter as overkill.

Congratulations! Yours has the same nature as my main Effie, although I'm still waiting for the perfect +Atk/-Spd to start merging.

Absolutely give her Pivot, it makes a tremendous difference in mobility. Then a Brave Lance, and plan for a Brave Lance+ down the road. For the Special you can either go Escutcheon so she takes less damage or Bonfire, but in most cases I'd describe the latter as overkill.

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I'm going to save up feathers and promote a Cordelia to get that brave weapon for sure! What do you think of Draconic Aura for the special since Effie's attack is so high?

Rodin

Was trying to do 9-5 on lunatic again to get the two orbs. Yep, Xander is a little bit different with Sigfried compared to the freaking carrot.

He wiped away my entire team

I messed up, gonna try again now, but damn he's strong as he's supposed to be considering Fates lol.

EDIT: Ok, done

Roman

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I'm going to save up feathers and promote a Cordelia to get that brave weapon for sure! What do you think of Draconic Aura for the special since Effie's attack is so high?

You can use this damage calculator to see how many matchups that Effie would win, draw or lose with any of those skills. Escutcheon minimizes the battles she dies in, while Draconic Aura/Bonfire maximize the amount of enemies she kills. At that point I would say it's down to preference.

You can use this damage calculator to see how many matchups that Effie would win, draw or lose with any of those skills. Escutcheon minimizes the battles she dies in, while Draconic Aura/Bonfire maximize the amount of enemies she kills. At that point I would say it's down to preference.

That's an incredibly useful link. Ty so much

Pejo

Ok guys, how can I make Navarre good/usable?

My ideas so far - Brave Sword+, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Threaten Def, Swap.

Not sure what B skill to use.

Am I making a mistake by doing Brave Sword, and should I go for SPD stacking instead?

I have way better sword characters, but I really like his art. Help!

Ok guys, how can I make Navarre good/usable?

My ideas so far - Brave Sword+, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Threaten Def, Swap.

Not sure what B skill to use.

Am I making a mistake by doing Brave Sword, and should I go for SPD stacking instead?

I have way better sword characters, but I really like his art. Help!

I'd say sapphire sword+ (+1 atk) or silver sword+ (+4 atk) would be better options if are indeed replacing his weapon. They don't negate his good speed and will boost his ok attack some, and in the case of sapphire sword it will make him more effective/resilient to green units.

A could be Fury 3

B keep Desperation 3

C can be whatever Hone/fortify buff your team needs.

Akuun

Would moonbow be good for Navarre's default weapon? I was thinking maybe Moonbow + some kind of speed boost in the A slot + maybe hone speed from someone would let him double almost anyone, which means that he should be able to trigger it every time he fights. That might get over his relatively lower attack when compared to the heavy hitting red swords.

I don't think Brave Sword makes much sense for him if you're going to keep Desperation, since Desperation is pretty much the same effect as a Brave weapon anyway. But if you're going to swap it out, then maybe it might make sense.

Brave only makes sense if you want him to quad with it, and I don't know if his speed is high enough for that.

Pejo

I'd say sapphire sword+ (+1 atk) or silver sword+ (+4 atk) would be better options if are indeed replacing his weapon. They don't negate his good speed and will boost his ok attack some, and in the case of sapphire sword it will make him more effective/resilient to green units.

A could be Fury 3

B keep Desperation 3

C can be whatever Hone/fortify buff your team needs.

Cool, thanks for the pointers. I think I'll waste less resources and keep most of his skills as is. Moonbow and Deathblow are the 2 things I want to add to him, and hope that one of my team with threaten ATK helps him survive the first hit.

Would moonbow be good for Navarre's default weapon? I was thinking maybe Moonbow + some kind of speed boost in the A slot + maybe hone speed from someone would let him double almost anyone, which means that he should be able to trigger it every time he fights. That might get over his relatively lower attack when compared to the heavy hitting red swords.

I don't think Brave Sword makes much sense for him if you're going to keep Desperation, since Desperation is pretty much the same effect as a Brave weapon anyway. But if you're going to swap it out, then maybe it might make sense.

Brave only makes sense if you want him to quad with it, and I don't know if his speed is high enough for that.

Yea, it's certainly cheaper to keep Desperation and not change his weapon. I was looking at stat totals, and it seems he would double almost all of the cast with Threaten Spd 3 left on him as well. So it looks like his maximum use would be to get attacked first to activate desperation, then double whoever. This all depends on him surviving a hit though, which...yea....

At least then when he sucks at high level, I didn't waste a bunch of feathers and time to make him suck a little less.

Akuun

Cool, thanks for the pointers. I think I'll waste less resources and keep most of his skills as is. Moonbow and Deathblow are the 2 things I want to add to him, and hope that one of my team with threaten ATK helps him survive the first hit.

Yea, it's certainly cheaper to keep Desperation and not change his weapon. I was looking at stat totals, and it seems he would double almost all of the cast with Threaten Spd 3 left on him as well. So it looks like his maximum use would be to get attacked first to activate desperation, then double whoever. This all depends on him surviving a hit though, which...yea....

At least then when he sucks at high level, I didn't waste a bunch of feathers and time to make him suck a little less.
You could try to more safely proc Desperation with either Ardent Sacrifice or Fury.

Reciprocal Aid on either him or on someone else helps too. I have Reciprocal Aid on Robin, and I find it helps round out my team a lot. Usually one guy is doing most of the tanking in an arena fight while someone else is sitting around not getting hit much, so it's nice to be able to trade health bars to heal whoever happens to be doing the most tanking in that given match.

redcrayon

Phew!
Beat Navarre on lunatic with Lucina 5*, Kagero 4*, Olivia 4* and Subaki 4*. Everyone was hurt bad apart from Lucina but we pulled through. Kagero earned her keep against the ninjas, and Subaki seems like a flying tank for a Pegasus Knight.

I had a poor 4* Eireka that I never use so fed her to Effie for Pivot. Always makes me smile to think of her in full plate rolling over my fragile mages and archers to get a better position :D

Sushen

I should win more Smash locals (and spend my friend's money for beating 4* GHBs).

I am annoyed that I pulled not-Roy again, though. Who is this Seliph loser.
Give me your pull. I'll trade it with my Roy that never used brand new. I don't know why people wants him over Lucina, Ryoma, Eirika, or even Marth.

Congrats

Vena

Give me your pull. I'll trade it with my Roy that never used brand new. I don't know why people wants him over Lucina, Ryoma, Eirika, or even Marth.

Congrats

I want Roy because he's my favorite FE character with MRobin, and he's also my Sm4sh main. :D

I wonder how much cash I'd have to actually spend on this game to just randomly pull him from Red orbs. X_X

Akuun

I think Roy is a pretty good, tanky character. I definitely miss him sometimes because Lucina is pretty squishy, especially with Fury. She burns herself down fast.

But then Lucina just outclasses Roy in every way aside from durability. It's kind of sad because I have no interest in Lucina as a character, but she's just so stupidly strong that it's hard to argue bringing any red sword besides her.

Whizkid7

Rolled on wyvern banner cuz I'd like another copy of Minerva or at the very least a Camilla, ended up with 5* Cherche and 5* Beruka, because uhhhh....okay? What am I even going to do with these two when I have stronger options in Minerva & Spring Camilla (with some work)?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am annoyed that I pulled not-Roy again, though. Who is this Seliph loser.

Seliph is some lame pretty boy Marth.

I liked my Roy a lot, but I feel Empraim actually ends up being a better tanky infantry unit then Roy. Roy does just destroy Hector though.

Has anyone done the math for Specials in terms of Damaging Boosting?

Seems like Moonbow, I gather, is the best just because it is a 2. But what about the differences between Draconic Aura, Glimmer and Bonfire? Which one is the better special to inherit? Or does it depend on the unit?

So wanted to see how well my decked out Bunnicina (+spd/-res, Blarblade+, desperation) does against green units.

Bunny Chrom?

Surely Hector.....

Oh....I wonder what would happen to a green mage with Ninoesque res...

You can imagine how the blue and red matchups go. Her speed is ridiculous. With Swift Swallow and Eirika's Hone speed she is attacking with 47 speed which doubles every unit in the game.

Vena

Its weird, now that I spent 15$ on the game and am no longer F2P-leecher-tier, I feel... strange.

Must spend 10000000$ dollars to pull 1000 Roys!

Seliph is some lame pretty boy Marth.

I liked my Roy a lot, but I feel Empraim actually ends up being a better tanky infantry unit then Roy. Roy does just destroy Hector though.

I have a build in mind for Roy, and I need Sword of Seals. Eirika/Emphraim are buff bots.

I at least have Eirika, though, she's another of my favorites though not as favorite.

Akuun

Nice. Bunncina is that good, huh.

It looks like you're building her into something similar to Linde with a Blarblade+. With that speed, the two are pretty closely interchangeable.

redcrayon

It's nice having a choice of four banners to pull from. Maybe they realised that if you only have 1-2 people will just hoard the orbs rather than spend them.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Finally beat Lunatic Navarre.

Used a 5* Kagero that is +SPD/-RES, nature ended up not mattering much. Had Olivia for dance stuff (all on Kagero), Lyn and Nowi hanging around doing not much except mopping up nearly dead units on the last turn.

The trick seems to be getting that Axe guy and second ninja. You let either move near your units and it's GG.

Was a fun map for sure.

Pejo

You could try to more safely proc Desperation with either Ardent Sacrifice or Fury.

Reciprocal Aid on either him or on someone else helps too. I have Reciprocal Aid on Robin, and I find it helps round out my team a lot. Usually one guy is doing most of the tanking in an arena fight while someone else is sitting around not getting hit much, so it's nice to be able to trade health bars to heal whoever happens to be doing the most tanking in that given match.

Bah, I looked up the math, and a single use of Ardent Sacrifice is just barely too little to activate Desperation 3. Why couldn't he have had one less HP. That could have been some nice synergy.

Nice. Bunncina is that good, huh.

It looks like you're building her into something similar to Linde with a Blarblade+. With that speed, the two are pretty closely interchangeable.

I honestly didn't know what to do with her C skill. Turns out savage blow is really good at softening other units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom