• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtius

Male Robin and Nino tore through Navarre's map with ease. Eirika's boosts helped. Swordbreaker Lucina deleted Navarre without blinking. Lunatic cleared in one go.

This is the first GHB i had to use stamina potion. I gave up at the end and 4* selana to give TA2 to mRobin, then it was easy. Otherwise those ninjas were killing me =/

PtM

Banned
Welp, I got my new S7 today, and was planning on rolling for the Hinoka banner. Now I get to brag.

My first roll:

+attack/-Def Linde

My second roll:

+attack/-res Hinoka

Now I need to figure out what build to give them. But first, I need to boost an Odin to 5* quickly...

EDIT: All of the image links are broken on my end right now. Can't make sure the image is showing up, so tell me if it is missing
You can click the name for the images. I mean, they aren't too special, but some people like to see.
Those are no image links.
Hint:
At least they should have file suffixes.

Shinypogs

3* Navarre down easy with mostly just fem corrin and merric. 4* Version will need to wait till I can train up my mrobin or find a strat that works with the units I already have trained. The ninjas have too high res and speed on lunatic for me to really punch through them fast enough. Navarre is easy cause he does 0 damage to Corrin unless she's been debuffed and the healer and hammer wielding bastard can all be dealt with via dancing and such. It's just the damn ninjas causing problems.

also I've been Negelcting this game in favour of granblue fantasy. I need to finish leveling bunny Camilla so I can get a good arena run in with a bonus character.

Mupod

Threw a few orbs at Effie/Kagero, might as well pull everyth-OH MY GOD

I wasn't going to pull that last green orb but FUCKING HECTOR.

How the shit do I go 300 orbs with nothing then find 3 5* in a row? Zero banner units, too.

-HP +Def, not perfect but damn fine by me.

Ninferno

Threw a few orbs at Effie/Kagero, might as well pull everyth-OH MY GOD

I wasn't going to pull that last green orb but FUCKING HECTOR.

How the shit do I go 300 orbs with nothing then find 3 5* in a row? Zero banner units, too.

-HP +Def, not perfect but damn fine by me.

Congrats bro. Looks your turn has really turned around
and I'm now officially the guy with the shittiest luck in this thread because my last 400+ orbs on both of my accounts combined have not resulted in one single 5*

Ninferno

Ran into this today. When you run multiple 180ish BST units and meet a team with low natural BST units like bunny Camilla and Reinhardt, you just know what kind of "+x" fuckery awaits you:)

camilla_zpsqsjjxx0q.png

This is literally the first time I actually lose in a month. Not surrendering after losing units but outright losing in a 0 - 4 fashion:)

Shit is getting real, guys.

3* Navarre was downed easily.

4* is gonna be an issue. Ninjas are and issue because my team is half mages(Julia and Sanaki) and they HAVE to kill the ninjas or they die no question and I have to bait them out using Sharena, but then she of course draws out the green axe dude who will instantly kill her if he touches her.

Nowi's purpose is to handle Navarre but I'm not even getting to that point.

Mupod

3* Navarre was downed easily.

4* is gonna be an issue. Ninjas are and issue because my team is half mages(Julia and Sanaki) and they HAVE to kill the ninjas or they die no question and I have to bait them out using Sharena, but then she of course draws out the green axe dude who will instantly kill her if he touches her.

Nowi's purpose is to handle Navarre but I'm not even getting to that point.

what other characters do you have? They don't need to be 5*.

I had to level almost an entire team to 40 for Michalis, but I cleared it with 0 damage taken using only 3* and 4*.

Dancers are always useful on these maps. I haven't tried this one myself yet but my plan was to use Robin with Quick Riposte to deal with at least one ninja and clean up the rest with my mages or Lucina.

Yay got 4* Navarre. Seliph doing his job as my tank and just eating the ninja hits to get Eirika, Julia and Robin to kill everything else.

MANUELF

Banned
Tried Horse emblem on This week arena and it worked surprisingly well, already got over 4.1k points and a defense win too bad their BST is low because a flawless win only netted me 605 points in average

Cryxok

First time clearing a GHB lunatic on my first try. Michalis took me some Stamina Potions and couldn't even get 4* Ursula. Used Tiki (Young), Ninian, Camilla and Jaffar. I really like Navarre as a character but his attack is really low in Heroes. Hopefully Lloyd fares better as he is one of my favorite characters in the franchise and intend to rank him up eventually.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Navarre wasn't as painful as most GHB stuff so far. My existing team just happened to be pretty good against it as it is.

I like Navarre as a character, but I wonder how good he'll be in practice. His stats make him look like a slightly less aggressive Lucina, but with more skill procs.

Arena is going rough so far. I'm not sure which bonus unit I want to bring this time around.

ggx2ac

Ran into this today. When you run multiple 180ish BST units and meet a team with low natural BST units like bunny Camilla and Reinhardt, you just know what kind of "+x" fuckery awaits you:)

This is the first time I actually lose in a month. Not surrendering after losing units but outright losing in a 0 - 4 fashion:)

Shit is getting real, guys.

Just need to wait for the matchmaking to get fixed up so that hopefully it would be easier for me to bring Klein without dropping my score to counter that Spring Camilla for example.

Akuun

How are they fixing up matchmaking anyway? Will ranged/mobile units have some higher "point" rating to make up for their lower stats?

How are they fixing up matchmaking anyway? Will ranged/mobile units have some higher "point" rating to make up for their lower stats?

I think it will be based on raw BST instead. And it will try to account for Level and rarity of characters, so that your raw high BST team isn't match made against a team with naturally low raw BST units but are +10 to cover it up.

explodet

Ugh, I'm so terrible at GHBs. My designated ninja killer is only 4* and isn't powerful enough to get the KOs with the healer doing its thing. They then swarm my red unit who's too squishy.

Ninferno

From the release note of the preview of the April major update few weeks back:
"...Adjustments to Arena Scores and Matchmaking: Matchmaking will now be based on four values: character levels and star ratings, number of bonuses gained by using Merge Allies, total base stats after removing all skills, and equipped skills..."

The list of factors is pretty comprehensive; it basically covered everything I can think of to determine team strength. How well they implement this, how they weight each factor remains to be seen though. The weighting is the most crucial part; they need to calculate a "team strength score" based on these factors after all. I get the feeling that the order of importance of these factors will be exactly the same as they are listed out in the announcement, which makes sense for the most part.

They really need to make things right this time, for example, when they scores to skills, I hope they do them justice and make it reflect each skill's strategic value. Though they will probably just use the "SP required" for this, because that for the most part already represents how they value each skill.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Should I spend 20,000 feathers to promote my - speed, + defense effie, or should I just use my already 5-star Effie, which is - HP and + res?!

I'm thinking saving the feathers is the right move.

Pejo

Hell yea, beat the level 40 GHB level for the first time. Took me a few tries and team compositions to finally win, but I did it.

I like Nevarre's design, is there any set of skills that actually make him good though as a red sword? It seems like I have so many other red swords with special weapons that all offer something he doesn't get.

Actually, he seems to be a step behind even Lon'qu with no native Vantage. Bummer.

Did a few more pulls on the easter banner, got a dupe bunny Chrom, still no Camilla ; ;

Sushen

This is the first time for me to get a defensive win and score 4200+ on the first day in arena. Finished the new Grand battle pretty easily too, So happy for it. Only if they give us more orbs as having so many banners available while being orb broke is sad. Not spending any more unless Ike or someone special is on the line.

Ninferno

Should I spend 20,000 feathers to promote my - speed, + defense effie, or should I just use my already 5-star Effie, which is - HP and + res?!

If you are not in desperate need of an Effie then yeah, by all means, use that Effie for what it's worth. She is still a great unit and will play her general role (i.e. the armored tank) well enough. You save that 20k feather for now in case something more important pops up. However, if you are serious about using Effie (i.e. run her in your arena team) then I will say promote the one with better IV.

Mupod

Well I'm gonna shift gears for now, instead of building a team around -blade tomes I'll build it around Hector and assist abilities. His stat total will push me into respectable ranking range. I'm thinking Smite on Lucina - I'll be running Selena this week for bonus instead of a dancer, so she'll have Reposition which should hopefully be enough.

For Hector himself - Pivot, Bonfire, and maybe hone speed? Might as well get some mileage out of being +def, Bonfire would beat out Draconic Aura based on the damage calculator. I also have like 10 Robins.

I can't get spur atk 3 on him without giving up a character I have no duplicates of, at the moment. And spur atk seems awkward to use on an armor anyways, I barely get any use out of it even on Lucina. So I'd rather run a buff and I need speed.

B slot is between Vantage or Wings of Mercy. The former is obviously powerful and I have a Lon'qu to use, but the latter sounds fun too as I have a Fury Linde/Lucina who are low hp all the time.

I just had a terrifying vision of kicking a Hector with Galeforce across the map and having him teleport back to safety after killing someone. But that special takes too long to charge.

I'd sit on feathers until you find a really exceptional character to promote.

Akuun

I don't know if Navarre is really that bad. His stats look pretty decently balanced. Maybe build him towards getting lots of skill procs and it might work. His stat spread and weapon reminds me a little of Catria, which isn't a bad thing.

I'd like to make him work somehow, though he runs into the problem that every red gets in that he has to compete with Lucina as the red sword on a team.

I think it will be based on raw BST instead. And it will try to account for Level and rarity of characters, so that your raw high BST team isn't match made against a team with naturally low raw BST units but are +10 to cover it up.
From the release note of the preview of the April major update few weeks back:
"...Adjustments to Arena Scores and Matchmaking: Matchmaking will now be based on four values: character levels and star ratings, number of bonuses gained by using Merge Allies, total base stats after removing all skills, and equipped skills..."

The list of factors is pretty comprehensive; it basically covered everything I can think of to determine team strength. How well they implement this, how they weight each factor remains to be seen though. The weighting is the most crucial part; they need to calculate a "team strength score" based on these factors after all. I get the feeling that the order of importance of these factors will be exactly the same as they are listed out in the announcement, which makes sense for the most part.

They really need to make things right this time, for example, when they scores to skills, I hope they do them justice and make it reflect each skill's strategic value. Though they will probably just use the "SP required" for this, because that for the most part already represents how they value each skill.
Thanks guys. That definitely sounds like a big step up from what they're currently doing. No more running into teams of 2-3 merged ranged characters or some shit.

Sushen

So, theoretically, a sucky unit with+10 will continue to suck? Sounds like the need for it unit for high score will be higher? Not saying it's bad but just trying to understand the actual consequences.

number of bonuses gained by using Merge Allies: does it include skills inherited but not in use? I tend to throw in extra skills when I have extra slot available out of 3 even though not gonna use it. Also, i expermented a lot with my main units on what skills to use. I don't want to face +5 +10 opponents only because my units got some extras.

StAidan

My attempt at the GHB before work this morning failed miserably, my MRobin got rekt. He's probably inferior than the other MRobins here, only 4* and -atk. My other level 40s (Ephraim and Tharja) just couldn't carry him. Olivia was my fourth member.

Been looking to replace Robin for a long time. When the Spring banner dropped, I pulled three new 5*, along with a 4* Eirika. I almost have them leveled up, at which point I will finally have options. I feel like I'll be able to put together a successful GHB team before the event is over -- if I do it, it'll be my first Lunatic GHB victory.

Mupod

My attempt at the GHB before work this morning failed miserably, my MRobin got rekt. He's probably inferior than the other MRobins here, only 4* and -atk. My other level 40s (Ephraim and Tharja) just couldn't carry him. Olivia was my fourth member.

Been looking to replace Robin for a long time. When the Spring banner dropped, I pulled three new 5*, along with a 4* Eirika. I almost have them leveled up, at which point I will finally have options. I feel like I'll be able to put together a successful GHB team before the event is over -- if I do it, it'll be my first Lunatic GHB victory.

I'm assuming that one dude who clears them with 3* units has done it for Navarre. I imitated him last time for Michalis and built a team around that strategy, worked perfectly.

We lost the 1.5xp so leveling a whole squad might be a bit of a pain, though.

spiritfox

I'm assuming that one dude who clears them with 3* units has done it for Navarre. I imitated him last time for Michalis and built a team around that strategy, worked perfectly.

We lost the 1.5xp so leveling a whole squad might be a bit of a pain, though.

Yes he did. Well Subaki totally murders Navarre so it's an easier fight.

fek

Well I'm gonna shift gears for now, instead of building a team around -blade tomes I'll build it around Hector and assist abilities. His stat total will push me into respectable ranking range. I'm thinking Smite on Lucina - I'll be running Selena this week for bonus instead of a dancer, so she'll have Reposition which should hopefully be enough.

For Hector himself - Pivot, Bonfire, and maybe hone speed? Might as well get some mileage out of being +def, Bonfire would beat out Draconic Aura based on the damage calculator. I also have like 10 Robins.

I can't get spur atk 3 on him without giving up a character I have no duplicates of, at the moment. And spur atk seems awkward to use on an armor anyways, I barely get any use out of it even on Lucina. So I'd rather run a buff and I need speed.

B slot is between Vantage or Wings of Mercy. The former is obviously powerful and I have a Lon'qu to use, but the latter sounds fun too as I have a Fury Linde/Lucina who are low hp all the time.

I just had a terrifying vision of kicking a Hector with Galeforce across the map and having him teleport back to safety after killing someone. But that special takes too long to charge.
Mine is running Vantage and it's been amazing at least for farming SP. I bait something up and kill on the counter when Armads is still active and after taking the damage he will have Vantage up.
For the C slot I haven't done anything yet but I thought about Threaten Def because people who can't one shot Hector will usually get in range and let him attack first so Armads doesn't activate.
Other than that I have Pivot and Bonfire too.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Hector with Vantage is good times. He is almost never at full health, so you'll get a lot of mileage out of it.

I'm leaning towards sitting on the feathers... I could use them to promote my Tharja.

If you are not in desperate need of an Effie then yeah, by all means, use that Effie for what it's worth. She is still a great unit and will play her general role (i.e. the armored tank) well enough. You save that 20k feather for now in case something more important pops up. However, if you are serious about using Effie (i.e. run her in your arena team) then I will say promote the one with better IV.

I just wonder if it would really make a difference in an arena run.

Ninferno

So, theoretically, a sucky unit with+10 will continue to suck? Sounds like the need for it unit for high score will be higher? Not saying it's bad but just trying to understand the actual consequences.

number of bonuses gained by using Merge Allies: does it include skills inherited but not in use? I tend to throw in extra skills when I have extra slot available out of 3 even though not gonna use it. Also, i expermented a lot with my main units on what skills to use. I don't want to face +5 +10 opponents only because my units got some extras.

If implemented correctly, it means "only a whale should face a whale". Just because I run Effie doesn't mean I should run into a +10 Nino who has a comparable stats total. This new matchmaking mechanism promises to take more factors into account rather than just mere simple BST.

Yes, you are right that if all other factors are the same, a +10 Nino may still yield less point than a +10 Effie, but, this is a huge but, a +10 Nino should yield significantly more points than a +0 Effie; these two shouldn't even be matched in a game, if they give a weighting significant enough to the +x merge bonus.

As for you question of "inherited but unequipped skills", I don't think it will count because the announcement specifically said "equipped skills".

Samstrike

I had a lot of luck yesterday with my pull. Got four 5* units with 100 orbs. No such luck today... Was hoping for Kagero, Caeda or Effie and spent like 180 orbs (had to buy a couple) before i got a 5*. It was Sophia... Got a couple units that I can use for skills/maybe upgrade to 5* in the future but still feel bad man!

Ninferno

Wow, that's a great team you have right there, both in terms of synergy/balance, and BST. I don't know what your fourth (bonus) char is but assuming you run Hector/Lucina(Fury 3?)/Linde(Fury 3)/Michalis, you should have some serious chance in cracking 4650 and rank top 1k. At least before the matchmaking overhaul:)

Akuun

I'll try a Kagero pull once I scrape together a few orbs to pull from this damn banner before it disappears.

Stupid orb drought.

Camilla'll be the sure winner of the Voting Gauntlet, but here I am wondering who'll be second. From my understanding, there's no rewards for losers until the final round this time?

Akuun

Camilla'll be the sure winner of the Voting Gauntlet, but here I am wondering who'll be second. From my understanding, there's no rewards for losers until the final round this time?
The more I think about it, the more I think it'll be between Camilla and Cordelia in the end.

Team Boobs vs Team Legs.

kewlmyc

Isn't Corderia stupidly popular in Japan as well. Might be more even than initially thought between her and Camilia.

Everyone else doesn't stand a chance though.

MANUELF

Banned
Beat Lunatic Navarrete with MRobin, Olivia, Kagero and Roy, Robin killed all the colorless units by himself, Kagero and Roy Tag teamed Navarre and Roy anhilated the Axe unit

Akuun

I'm scared to pull on colorless. So many healers. Feels like a trap.

I'm hoarding orbs until the inevitable Shadows of Valencia tie in.
The last time I pulled a colorless, I got 4* Lachesis. Yaaaayyyy....

I keep telling myself I'll save those free orbs, but then I usually wind up burning them on something as soon as I have around 20. I like the banners that are up right now, but I'm not gonna spend money on them.

Mupod

Wow, that's a great team you have right there, both in terms of synergy/balance, and BST. I don't know what your fourth (bonus) char is but assuming you ran Hector/Lucina(Fury 3?)/Linde(Fury 3)/Michalis, you should have some serious chance in cracking 4650 and rank top 1k. At least before the matchmaking overhaul:)

I was gonna run a 4* Selena. I do have Michalis, but I feel like she will be more useful. Her attack stat is bad but triangle adept will let her at least tank hits and take out greens if necessary. Gem weapons and triangle adept really proved their worth to me running 4* units to clear the orb quests from last month. But the real reason I want her around is Reposition, since I'll be losing a dancer to run her as a bonus unit. I need to be able to yank Linde out of harm's way and having two ways to hurl Hector at people also sounds nice.

I might give her some skill inheritance stuff. Inigo could give her axebreaker and a silver sword for a bit better attack than her armorslayer, and I could give her Bonfire from one of my many Robins. She is +atk -res so she's good as far as Selenas go, but yeah it's not like I'll be using her a lot outside of this bonus week. That said, if they ever add something like a 16 attack sword we can equip on units without legendary weapons, she'd be decent as she's fast and tanky.

fake edit: I just noticed I called him Inigo instead of Laslow. I also keep writing Severa instead of Selena. Odin is easy to differentiate because he's a different class but I can't keep the others straight in my head, lol.

Venfayth

This was the easiest grand battle for me. I brought in the wrong team and only lost because of a silly mistake. Won the next round.

Young Tiki / Eirika / Azura / Linde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom