• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Pics of awesome shit.
Cerium, pls.

Its weird, now that I spent 15$ on the game and am no longer F2P-leecher-tier, I feel... strange.

Must spend 10000000$ dollars to pull 1000 Roys!

I have a build in mind for Roy, and I need Sword of Seals. Eirika/Emphraim are buff bots.

I at least have Eirika, though, she's another of my favorites though not as favorite.

Welcome, Vena. One of us! One of us!

Vena

Cerium, pls.

Welcome, Vena. One of us! One of us!

Nah. Until someone gifts me more credit for doing stuff for them, I am back to F2P leecher tier. 😄

Next pull, given current orb rate, for me won't be till after the gauntlet it looks like.

Sushen

Desperation is for units with fast speed or slow speed? And why?

If for fast speed units, I've made a mistake of giving Lucina Vantage rather than Desperation.

Roman

Rather hilarious build I've encountered in arena earlier:

image.png

I don't even know where to start.

Scum

Nah. Until someone gifts me more credit for doing stuff for them, I am back to F2P leecher tier. 😄

Next pull, given current orb rate, for me won't be till after the gauntlet it looks like.

Dammit! So close! :p

Roman

I've started going in big with skill inheritance on my own Lucina, making the frontline healer build:

She already has Renewal 3 and Darting Blow 3, but still has to learn them. After that I'd only prefer to put on Moonbow.

I keep telling myself not to pull but I do it anyways, got 4* and 3*s.

Reinhardt +DEF/-HP
Lilina +ATK/-SPD
Caeda +HP/-DEF

Is Lilina like a red mage version of Nino?

WOW massive pic post after my OG post so here's it again:

Help me with specials, plox.

Moonbow is best because of 2.

What comes next between Draconic Aura, Glimmer and Bonfire?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Reinhardt +DEF/-HP
Lilina +ATK/-SPD
Caeda +HP/-DEF

Tharja is the red mage equivalent of Nino. Lilina is just kind of a standard red mage with decent RES and ATK, I think.

Roman

Reinhardt +DEF/-HP
Lilina +ATK/-SPD
Caeda +HP/-DEF

No, I would say the red Nino is most closely Tharja.
Lilina is very slow in comparison, but you can also turn her into a deadly glass cannon after inheriting Tharja's tome and skills like Death Blow, Swordbreaker and Glimmer. She also has much higher Res. I'd recommend Tharja over her though.

WOW massive pic post after my OG post so here's it again:

Help me with specials, plox.

Moonbow is best because of 2.

What comes next between Draconic Aura, Glimmer and Bonfire?

What units would these be for?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
37 neutral base.

However this is a category with Raigh, Sophia and Henry in it so I wouldn't go so far as to call Lilina "standard" among them either.

Maybe decent was the wrong word. She's definitely on the high end of base mage damage at the expense of speed.

Red mages are really hurt by the rise of blue units, especially blue mages. Which is why we are seeing more Nino and Julia comps and people even playing with Cecilia w/Gronnblade.

There is just a lot of really good blue units right now.

Dude Guy

This grand battle was the easiest for me by far. Bless you Effie you beautiful woman. And MRobin. Da bes. *equips Cerium Shield*

Roman

Speaking of which, I'm also working on this Nino which I am currently using with Eirika in the arena:

She also has Draconic Aura and Desperation 3 but not learned yet. Afterwards I'll be looking for Life and Death 3 down the line, and finally I'll promote a +Spd/-Def Nino and merge this one into her.

Honestly at this point I would rate her slightly above Linde because green seems a better color for this strategy to me in the current metagame. With Desperation and Ardent Sacrifice not even Ryoma is a problem. Another advantage is that she comes with Gronnblade out of the box.

I'm also using Easter Lucina for the arena bonus and have given her Blarblade, but she's not a priority - I would rather invest fully in Linde.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
This grand battle was the easiest for me by far. Bless you Effie you beautiful woman. And MRobin. Da bes. *equips Cerium Shield*

Yeah, I can't tell if it just meant to be easy, or if the S-Skill/Equipment got delayed making it easier.

Roman

The Grand Hero Battles will seem a lot easier to players that have been around since the first week than to players just starting out now. Both groups are supposed to be realistically able to complete these within the given time frame.

Desperation is for units with fast speed or slow speed? And why?

If for fast speed units, I've made a mistake of giving Lucina Vantage rather than Desperation.

Desperation's for fast units as, beyond the HP requirement, you still have to out-speed your opponent and not get -breaker'd / Wary Fighter'd as that messes with your ability to double. Getting Vantage'd also sucks because that messes with the order of attacks.

backlot

Flier Emblem is pretty cool. My only complaint is that the BST seems a bit low. Hope they change up the matchmaking formula soon.

I lost one unit in my final match against a team with Takumi and two dancers.

Sushen

Desperation's for fast units as, beyond the HP requirement, you still have to out-speed your opponent and not get -breaker'd / Wary Fighter'd as that messes with your ability to double. Getting Vantage'd also sucks because that messes with the order of attacks.
Then what would be the best B skill for Ephraim or similar units with low speed but high Atk?

Ndayday

Neo Member
I've started going in big with skill inheritance on my own Lucina, making the frontline healer build:

She already has Renewal 3 and Darting Blow 3, but still has to learn them. After that I'd only prefer to put on Moonbow.

I did this yesterday when I thought "what's the stupidest shit I could put on Lucina?"

I hope this works because I'm loving how cheesy it sounds in theory.

Sushen

Flier Emblem is pretty cool. My only complaint is that the BST seems a bit low. Hope they change up the matchmaking formula soon.

I lost one unit in my final match against a team with Takumi and two dancers.
Two dancers? How does it even help?

Then what would be the best B skill for Ephraim or similar units with low speed but high Atk?

Quick Riposte is the go-to as the first person they tank will eat a 2x if the user's not -breaker'd / Wary Fighter'd, and people like Ephraim have the firepower to end people in those two hits. Note that Quick Riposte doesn't negate an enemy 2x (as in you'll both 2x each other if the enemy's fast enough or using Brash Assault), but Ephraim has pretty good Def so it shouldn't bother him -too- much.

Same-breaker (Lancebreaker for Ephraim) is the second go-to. Low-Spd but high Atk+Def units will always double units using the same weapon if they don't use same-breaker themselves. At worst for a slow unit, a double breaker situation just makes the match even again as they're used to getting doubled and should have the Def to survive. At best, the match tips massively in their favor as a lot of high-Spd units tend to have bad Def or Res.

Vantage is the third go-to. It's Vantage. Can make kills free on defense if the enemy's HP is low enough or you've got a special ready. It's awesome in its own way, though some prefer the ORKO potential of the previously mentioned skills.

-

Wings of Mercy and Escape Route have some pretty fun applications both offensively and defensively, allowing the user to warp across the entire map while still being able to attack.

Brash Assault is an interesting choice for slow units, but the HP requirement and the target must be able to counter requirement more often than not gets people to shy away from it.

Rest of the B-slots aren't really worth mentioning, I don't think.

Cerium

Oh shit I just lost a unit in arena for the first time in like a month.

And of course it was to Nino Kuni. I got lazy and careless and miscalculated the range of the enemy Nino.

Time to start the run over.

Gotchaye

Rest of the B-slots aren't really worth mentioning, I don't think.

It's situational but I've got to plug Drag Back again. Alongside other movement skills it makes it much easier to snipe individual enemy heroes without getting attacked on their turn. I have it on both Lucina and Eirika right now, although mostly because I need more SP on Eirika still, and it seems to come in handy more than Vantage or Desperation would and is probably tied with Swordbreaker. With them I'm able to use a mage and a bonus hero and get 4600+ points in Arena since I don't need a low-BST dancer. Granted, Quick Riposte is probably still better on someone like Ephraim.

Alucrid

Banned
Its weird, now that I spent 15$ on the game and am no longer F2P-leecher-tier, I feel... strange.

Must spend 10000000$ dollars to pull 1000 Roys!

I have a build in mind for Roy, and I need Sword of Seals. Eirika/Emphraim are buff bots.

I at least have Eirika, though, she's another of my favorites though not as favorite.

i was looking at the orb prices the other day and thought that $20 for 8 pulls seems bad

MildSoss

Put Brave Lance+ and Pivot on my +Att -Sp Effie then set her up on the first slot for my defense team. Already at 5 defense team wins and counting. She must be catching a lot of people off gaurd. lol

Sushen

If you've got a team with one hard carry, that carry gets three moves in a turn. That can be pretty good.
Hmm I don't have Nino but I should try it. I guess it'll be a headache to calculate enemy unit position with two dancers in their team.

Mathematics

Neo Member
Moonbow vs Glimmer. Specifically thinking about BLucina for now but general thoughts will help too.
I'm thinking Glimmer for more burst on the second turn. But maybe the two turn of Moonbow is something I'm not seeing clearly for some characters. Anyone have some extra points for special skill inheritance?

Articalys

This game is outright trying to screw me over.

"Oh, were you trying to level a mage? Here's a map where your movement is limited and the enemy units are all cavalry."

Wasting dozens of stamina because somehow it generates perfect counters to whatever I had as my lineup.

Vena

Moonbow vs Glimmer. Specifically thinking about BLucina for now but general thoughts will help too.
I'm thinking Glimmer for more burst on the second turn. But maybe the two turn of Moonbow is something I'm not seeing clearly for some characters. Anyone have some extra points for special skill inheritance?

I actually prefer Vengeance to Glimmer, especially if its a character you expect to be trading blows with mages.

Otherwise, I say Moonbow as it triggers faster and therein helps speed up killing a unit.

i was looking at the orb prices the other day and thought that $20 for 8 pulls seems bad

I just wanna pull
a thousand
Roy
s

Roman

I'm also training this Minerva, obvious goal is Moonbow and Quick Reposte 3 eventually - so she doesn't require that much investment:

Pulling a +Atk/-Res one yesterday almost made me want to join her army in the gauntlet but Cordelia has been really good to me the last few months.

Beyond that I'm also training up this Nowi:

She has a really bad nature - +HP/-Atk - but I'm just glad to have any Nowi finally. If I get a better one down the line I will just merge this one into her, along with these skills. Even with the awful nature it's becoming apparent how useful the TA3/QR3/Lightning Breath+ build will be.

Vena

Bunny Xander: bad IVs.
Robin's waifu: not-good-not-bad IVs.
Seliph: Perfect IVs.

But... why? Why must the thing I dislike be good!?

Well whatever, back to leveling Bunnicina. I will probably run her in my main comp with Robin but on a very different role. Going to be curious shifting from two reds to two blues. Now the question becomes who do I drop: Tiki-loli with her excellent BST and good abilities, or Eirika with her also good BST and excellent buffing abilities?

I really want Nowi. I sniped a lot of blue orbs on the blazing shadows banners looking for her. Got two Ninian instead, so that's good. Lost a lot of orbs though.

I guess I can drag Bunny Xander around Training Tower to get more worthless badges.

Maybe drop Triangle Adept and Quick Riposte on him then make him Tsubaki on a horse. Or I could just use Tsubaki.

DooD1234

Ugh, tried rolling for a better IV Kagero but the game decided to troll me and gave me nothing but red orbs and gave me a 5* Sophia. Someone plz tell me she is not absolutely terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom