• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

So, what exactly happens between Vantage and Desperation?

Wouldn't Vantage Mages/Assassins be the counter to Nino Kuni et al? Or I guess the AI being dumb wouldn't know how to put itself into Vantage-territory before it could be blown up.
Vantage activates first, I'm pretty sure. The problem with running it as a counter to Nino Kuni is that it will never trigger because Nino Kuni is built around getting ORKOs.

spiritfox

So, what exactly happens between Vantage and Desperation?

Wouldn't Vantage Mages/Assassins be the counter to Nino Kuni et al? Or I guess the AI being dumb wouldn't know how to put itself into Vantage-territory before it could be blown up.

Vantage: Attack first when defending
Desperation: 2 attacks (if possible) before the enemy can counter.

Vena

Ya I figured it was something to that end. The question then is there a build that can be made that puts even dumb-ass AI into Vantage? :p

We must theory-craft this counter to Cerium and email it to IS! (Or... I'll just email them better AI routines.)

Meanwhile, my opinion on Jaffar has done a pretty hard 180 from about a week or two ago now, and I think he may actually be one of the best Neutral/Assassins in the game. I think he's actually better than Kagero due to her pathetic health bar and her ineffectiveness against non-infantry.

So I started looking at his numbers and he definitely has a bruiser archetype to his stats in that he has deceptively high health, defense, and resistance in conjunction with a high-bar speed stat and can tank a hit. His effective "defense" is high across the board due to the conjunction of his health and his defensive stats. I also started looking at some numbers and, in general from experience with fights in Arena from him, his attack is too low to ever seemingly OHKO any mage that isn't, say, Sanaki with comical defense values. So that led me to thinking about this:

CW4phfs.png

This would be done with Desperation as his B-slot regardless, since as noted he is going to almost inevitably trade with anything he attacks and almost assuredly double it as well unless its the highest of tier speedsters in the game. All in all, he seems to *only* really lose L&D3's +2 speed at the cost of his defense over Fury3 because the extra +2 attack between L&D3 and Fury3 does not open any obvious "one hit kills" due to his low base attack (even if his unique weapon compensate for this aggressively, boasting the highest damage dagger in the game).

(That said, Jaffar does lose to Kagero in a 1v1. But I believe he offers considerably more utility due to the fact that he can, in general, tank hits and put himself into Desperation for free while serving as a meatshield.)

OVDRobo

A little late to the party, but I took down 4* Navarre. Less an issue of having difficulty and more that I kept spending my stamina to level up my new Hinoka.

Had to use Ephraim to tank some hits and the escape route 2 that I gave to MRobin saved his life. I basically used the strategy that a lot of people used, of luring out the Ninjas with MRobin before backing up, taking out the isolated Ninjas and Navarre, then finishing the green unit and healer off.

Not really sure why I bothered to be honest. Navarre really isn't that great a unit unless there's some hidden depth to him that I'm not seeing. Guess it's something to do.

I've reached the point now where I really wish I had 5 characters slots in a party. MRobin is mandatory despite me not liking him too much just because of Takumi. My only reliable anti-mage unit is Rebecca (don''t laugh, I've had bad luck with archer pulls). I need a red sword because who doesn't, then my 4th slot is locked to Raven who I've built to absolutely destroy anyone that gets close to him who isn't red. I'd really like to add Hinoka to my main team, but getting rid of either Robin or Rebecca seems nonviable and I'd have gaps in my colour coverage if I remove anyone else. Maybe I'll build a flier emblem team around her or something.

Vena

I mean this is why the characters around Nino are built to kill characters like Sanaki.

But what if we merged the four Sanaki's into one Super-Sanaki? Made her colorless, gave her 100 speed, and her unique B ability was: B: Nino instantly dies upon start of battle.

What then!?

Meanwhile, here is Hector/Effie in Arena as AI:

Cerium

But what if we merged the four Sanaki's into one Super-Sanaki? Made her colorless, gave her 100 speed, and her unique B ability was: B: Nino instantly dies upon start of battle.

What then!?

That will be on a banner someday probably.

Articalys

Grinding, grinding, and more grinding.

A trick to it is to cycle what you'll face at the higher floors by intentionally burning stamina at the lower floors until you get 3/4 favorable matchups so you don't have to worry about losing xp by dying. Triangle Adept users in particular can get away with fighting units much higher-levelled than them, though xp gains are capped at...200 a kill, I think, not factoring castle (2x when fully upgraded) and event bonuses (1.5x).
Wait, the same xp hardcap exists at all levels? Killing a level 30 character is worth the exact same as a level 1 character (assuming your unit isn't more than 5 levels higher)? No wonder people were rejoicing about the xp bit in the spring update notes. Now I really need that update to get here sooner.

And yeah, burning a Starting/First Stratum round to shuffle everything else is about all that can be done, I guess, though the game still tries to troll me by continually picking stratum levels so the target unit I'm training is too high to get exp from the lower bound but too low to hold their own against the upper bound.

Sigh, now it's time for the gauntlet again, where your success is directly depending on how much RNG decides to screw you over with team comp and map layout.

microfolk

Is it worth it to make Neutral Kagero a Takumi Killer? I was looking into the damage calculator and it seems like I've got a couple options to make her able to OHKO him. The easiest way would be making her inherit Attack +3, but then I'd lose warding blow and I never really thought about how useful that is...
What other options would I have? Currently my Takumi plan revolves around bonking him in the face with Young Tiki, but it's not always feasible.

Cerium

Is it worth it to make Neutral Kagero a Takumi Killer? I was looking into the damage calculator and it seems like I've got a couple options to make her able to OHKO him. The easiest way would be making her inherit Attack +3, but then I'd lose warding blow and I never really thought about how useful that is...
What other options would I have? Currently my Takumi plan revolves around bonking him in the face with Young Tiki, but it's not always feasible.

You should be able to equip Bowbreaker if Takumi is really giving you that much trouble.

microfolk

You should be able to equip Bowbreaker if Takumi is really giving you that much trouble.

But then what about other Kageros 😧
I might be overestimating the troubles Takumis are giving me but I'm having a pretty good time in arena aside from some Takumi-wipes from time to time. The real answer would be play some more arena and see how much warding blow is helping me, but I'm waiting for the duel sword refresh so I just asked~

scy

used a level 1 Camilla, got 1/1/40 team vs a 1/1/40 team :(

And it was a Seliph vs a Bunny Lucina :(

Maybe I should have leveled a unit for this.

champloo

Even with atk+3, a neutral Kagero is still a little bit shy of one-shotting neutral Takumi. You need to put a atk buff on her to do the job. I'd also prefer fury 3 over attack+3, and for B slot I suggest Vantage, gotta bait those mages into suicides.

Ninferno

Now you have the option to use 200 flags in one game. That's neat. Otherwise you will need to play a lot more matches to clear the flags as they have increased the total number of flags available by making the flag quests refresh after each round.

OVDRobo

Team Beruka!

Anyone?

:(

I'd be with you all the way, but I'm already pledged to team Hinoka and battling the cow monster. If Beruka somehow makes it through to the second round, I'll join up since I have a feeling Hinoka's not making it past this round (9,359,005 vs 59,623,682 currently :'(), even though I'm going to be dumping all of my flags per day into her army.

Managed to net an arena score of 4259 for this week. Not as good as my average but considering I was using a 4* Sophia, I feel that it's borderline-miraculous that I managed to break 4k at all.

Ninferno

WTF is with that Camilla bandwagon
though I have to admit I myself am guilty of jumping on that bandwagon for some guaranteed feather gain but now I regret it as the competition for internal ranking will be so ridiculously fierce:(

eww got a 4411 score in arena but that run was hot garbage

I got 4468 on a perfect run. Considerably lower than my last few seasons, but I needed to make adjustments for sanity's sake. I subbed Marth with Sanaki, because I was having a lot of trouble with Green Mages. She OHKOs Hector, too!

I think it was a good decision, though my score potential went down a bit. 4* Michalis is dragging it down too, but his lack of usefulness on the battlefield is a far bigger problem.

Still satisfied to have a perfect streak this season, and I expect to land between 10K and 30K.

I'm backing Palla in the Voting Gauntlet right now.

I think that after Beruka inevitably loses because she wears clothes, I'll jump to Team Cherche if she's still in it.

Dunno what I'll do if she gets the boot.

OVDRobo

Boobs are overrated.

Nah. Everyone loves Camilla for her great personality.

If they want these voting gauntlets to stop being a joke any time soon, they need to remove the reward for the army you supported winning a round. I know it removes the purpose of a popularity contest a little but it's become obvious that people are going to go all-in on the choice with the most chance of victory, leading to a snowball effect.

As someone who supported team Lucina (because I like her) from the outset last time, I can understand the despair some people went through better now.

Nah. Everyone loves Camilla for her great personality.

If they want these voting gauntlets to stop being a joke any time soon, they need to remove the reward for the army you supported winning a round. I know it removes the purpose of a popularity contest a little but it's become obvious that people are going to go all-in on the choice with the most chance of victory, leading to a snowball effect.

As someone who supported team Lucina (because I like her) from the outset last time, I can understand the despair some people went through better now.

To be fair, I think the reward you get for topping the scoreboard for the losing character is more than the pittance you get for winning.

spiritfox

I think that after Beruka inevitably loses because she wears clothes, I'll jump to Team Cherche if she's still in it.

Dunno what I'll do if she gets the boot.

Cordelia is probably the only person in that gauntlet that can stand up to the Camilla juggernaut. Also isn't Beruka against Subaki right now? That's actually a pretty favorable fight for her.

So, I just looked up Sophia's stats for the first time since there was a small discussion about her.

Holy crap at 19 Speed! She is even worse than I imagined. The horrendous speed and lack of major firepower make her incredibly outclassed.

Cordelia is probably the only person in that gauntlet that can stand up to the Camilla juggernaut. Also isn't Beruka against Subaki right now? That's actually a pretty favorable fight for her.

Yeah, I just checked and she's winning.

I keep forgetting Subaki exists.

Ninferno

To be fair, I think the reward you get for topping the scoreboard for the losing character is more than the pittance you get for winning.

That's true, but we didn't know it until now. I joined the Camilla bandwagon thinking about feathers; I expected Camilla to win, but by something like 2:1, not 6:1 as it looks like now. Yes, it turns out there are lots of people who thought similarly as I did and we are now screwing ourselves over, but we didn't know that until we found out about it 1 hour after we hopped on the bandwagon: oh shit, there are too many of us...

Lesson learned: next time when I don't have a character that I actually care and I only want to maximize feather gain without much effort, I will wait an hour or two after the opening until I have a clear idea of what to expect.

OVDRobo

Not certain if most people understand that, though. Maybe the feeling of winning is greater than the reward to some people?

It's become more convoluted this time around as well, because you can get 1105 flags per day due to the gauntlet quests refreshing. Before you could go all-in on a character and end up near the top of the army scoreboard, get a massive reward for your support in that round, then lose out later on when you joined another army and had no flags to spend to rank up in the new army you joined.

Now, since everyone can gain and spend the maximum amount of flags per day, there's no flag management aspect and so the people that supported a character since the start can never be caught by those joining the army in a later round assuming they keep obtaining and using all available flags.

Oddly, it seems that with the current system, the ideal team to support would be the one to lose in the finals since you'll be able to maintain a high army rank easier than the winning team and still get 2 of the 3 victory bonuses.

I might be misunderstanding something about the way the gauntlet works in regards to how people are rewarded, though, since things seem pretty nonsensical the way I perceive them. Maybe army rank doesn't carry over between rounds in which case it's just down to how many battles you can do per day and if you have the army leader as your team leader.

Cerium

Eh, it just means I don't have to put any work into it and I'll just get 500 free feathers for doing nothing.

It's not like I'm desperate for feathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom