• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

what would you do with the feathers instead? Sit on them for awhile?

If you play arena competitively and want to improve a high tier team there's pretty much always skills, especially weapons, that are exclusive to 5*s. This is what you could spend a lot of feathers on. Without knowing what your current team is I can't really make specific suggestions.

Vena

I generally sit on feathers because I frequently promote 3* to 4* for a key 4* ability that they carry (like, say, Shanna to 4* for Desperation 3). Though right now I have around 26k because of the bonuses and gauntlet having fattened my purse (and it will continue to fatten with the gauntlet continuing). I also don't know who/what to promote at current since I don't have anything in my roster that will cover the weakness I have in my comp for Arena*.

*Except probably promoting my +spd/-hp Kagero to 5* and moving Jaffar out for her (and potentially feeding her Jaffar for L&D3, lol).

I likely won't promote until I hit 20 Orbs again and do another round of pulling from the bunny banner. See what I get and then decide. I don't need to promote for the current season, already had a perfect run and Kagero isn't going to fix my BST limiter (stuck at 4400+ because of BST) by subbing for Jaffar as they have BST within 1 point of each other.

Then again, my BST is going to remain rather shot given current rules as long as I am using two mages and an assassin as they all have ~147 BST. I'd need to replace at least one of them with a Red Lord or Knight.

Articalys

Should I worry about getting the 4* Navarre? Don't think I have a team that can handle the Lunatic map without somebody getting killed.

Articalys

Let us see your roster. (He sucks.)
For what I have at level 40:

5*: Chrom, Effie
4*: Hana, Caeda, Abel, Florina, F!Corrin, Reinhardt, Frederick, Cherche, Maria
Also have S!Camilla at level 34, but -Spd so everything on that map will double her.

I figured it might at least be nice to have a free Desperation 2 I could pass to somebody else. (rather than have to spend 2k feathers to promote the 3* one)

c-murph

Whales spending silly amounts of money. I don't think it necessarily takes 'months'- the games been out for two months and I've upgraded two characters from 4* to 5* without spending a penny. What it does take is getting a reasonable arena streak in each season, combined with logging in to get the bonuses.

It does take a long time, but I look at it that I'm a FTP player and I've already got around 8 5* units- if it was any quicker people would have hoards of them, and they are supposed to be rare.

Featured character I can understand for whales. However, when I see a full team with like 3 unfeatured characters at 40+10, I have trouble believing that it's legit. Maybe a few very HUGE spenders here and there have real teams like that but a bunch of them have to be hacks.

Yeah, FTP too. I have six 5* characters. Working on getting Olivia to 5* as I have 8 of her (two 4* and six 3* star). Would like to put Wings of mercy 3 on her and a Ruby Sword+ too but that would require like two other 5* characters to sacrifice (Don't have 4* Cain).

Vena

For what I have at level 40:

5*: Chrom, Effie
4*: Hana, Caeda, Abel, Florina, F!Corrin, Reinhardt, Frederick, Cherche, Maria
Also have S!Camilla at level 34, but -Spd so everything on that map will double her.

I figured it might at least be nice to have a free Desperation 2 I could pass to somebody else. (rather than have to spend 2k feathers to promote the 3* one)

Huh. Ya, that'll be hard with what you have. You could check the 4*-only runs people do for advice, though, since people find ways of doing these with gimped teams already.

Ekid

Damn I was ranked around 3200 in Minerva's team and thought I could reach the top 1000 by using my last 200 flags.

Ranked 1200 T_T.

There was more people holding their flags in the first round than I thought. I guess those 200 flags will prevent me to reach top 5000 in the last round.

400 feathers is no big deal though.

Achtius

I am debating between fury or death blow on hinoka on flier emblem team. Fury might allow her to quad more but death blow may make quading unnecessary.

macklelol

I am debating between fury or death blow on hinoka on flier emblem team. Fury might allow her to quad more but death blow may make quading unnecessary.
Is she +Spd? Are you gonna run another Hone Fliers or a Goad Fliers? You're not gonna be getting that many follow-up attacks with Hinoka's speed, even with Fury.

Dalek

Some noob questions.

If I have a duplicate of a 4 star character-both are 4 stars...I can't merge them?

Secondly-the emblem that is required for "unlock potential" for a 4 star to 5 star-where so I get these? I need 20 of them.

Ahnez

Some noob questions.

If I have a duplicate of a 4 star character-both are 4 stars...I can't merge them?

Secondly-the emblem that is required for "unlock potential" for a 4 star to 5 star-where so I get these? I need 20 of them.

If a character has the heart icon, you can't send them home or merge. You have to unheart before merging

And the badges are obtained on the higher floors of the Training Tower

Articalys

Huh. Ya, that'll be hard with what you have. You could check the 4*-only runs people do for advice, though, since people find ways of doing these with gimped teams already.
It's mostly characters and skills I don't have. Though seeing the number of people who used M!Robin, I wonder if I should use skill inherit to sacrifice a 4* Cecilia I have to move a Raven tome onto Tharja. Feels like that would be useful in general and not just for this battle.

Just frustrating to not be able to clear something that apparently is super easy for everyone else.

Achtius

It's mostly characters and skills I don't have. Though seeing the number of people who used M!Robin, I wonder if I should use skill inherit to sacrifice a 4* Cecilia I have to move a Raven tome onto Tharja. Feels like that would be useful in general and not just for this battle.

Just frustrating to not be able to clear something that apparently is super easy for everyone else.

Tome can only be given to same colour. So if you want tharja to get one, you'll need Henery

Dalek

If a character has the heart icon, you can't send them home or merge. You have to unheart before merging

And the badges are obtained on the higher floors of the Training Tower

Thanks. I only seem to get Scarlett badges-no other kind.

redcrayon

Thanks. I only seem to get Scarlett badges-no other kind.
They have a set colour per day, but random on the weekend and Mondays:

Tuesday 12:00AM – Tuesday 11:59PM Scarlet Badge (5th Str. and lower), ScarletBadge or Great ScaletBadge (6th Str. and higher)
Wednesday 12:00AM – Wednesday 11:59PM Azure Badge (5th Str. and lower), Azure Badge orGreat AzureBadge (6th Str. and higher)
Thursday 12:00AM – Thursday 11:59PM Verdant Badge (5th Str. and lower), VerdantBadge or Great VerdantBadge (6th Str. and higher)
Friday 12:00AM – Friday 11:59PM Transparent Badge (5th Str. and lower), Transparent Badge or Great Transparent Badge (6th Str. and higher)
Saturday 12:00AM – Saturday 11:59PM Random Badge (5th Str. and lower), Random Badge or Great Random Badge (6th Str. and higher)
Sunday 12:00AM – Sunday 11:59PM Random Badge (5th Str. and lower), Random Badge or Great Random Badge (6th Str.

Articalys

Tome can only be given to same colour. So if you want tharja to get one, you'll need Henery
That would explain why they have different names. This is what I get for not actually playing the mainline series.

------------------------

This is insane. The skills line up just right that free 3* characters can clear the map, but a mix of 4* and 5* can't. This is agonizing.

Roman

That would explain why they have different names. This is what I get for not actually playing the mainline series.

------------------------

This is insane. The skills line up just right that free 3* characters can clear the map, but a mix of 4* and 5* can't. This is agonizing.

It doesn't really matter that much if you don't get the 4* version. I'd use Shanna for Desperation 3 anyway.

It's mostly easy to people who have played since around launch and have invested in viable units. To newcomers (who don't immediately roll Hector) this map is much harder to beat in the given time frame.

MildSoss

Did a 20 orb pull for the hell of it and pull my first ever Kagero plus she's a 5 star to boot!
n0gny.jpg

Look at her stats and she's -Att +Res.
b6ffa23849f9502ee20f7fb6138a78afea5be8aa0a571f547a40ebd006afc2e7.jpg

IV's are terrible in a game where people spend money for characters. :/

Yeah. Both my Hector and takumi are minus atk and not + spd. Does'nt make them useless or anything but with how rare some of these mobs are to pull getting a crappy one really sucks. Keep it away from gacha games imo.

MildSoss

I feel like this whole IV nonsense might be a scheme for when they eventually introduce an item that lets you re-roll your stats once for money.

You'll have to keep buying till you get the IV you want 'cause you keep rolling -Att over and over.

Spoit

It doesn't really matter that much if you don't get the 4* version. I'd use Shanna for Desperation 3 anyway.

It's mostly easy to people who have played since around launch and have invested in viable units. To newcomers (who don't immediately roll Hector) this map is much harder to beat in the given time frame.

Yeah, this map is probably a bit easier than the last one, but the 1.5 exp event going on with the other one made it pretty easy to train up a team that was tailormade to defeat michaelis.

Mupod

IV's are terrible in a game where people spend money for characters. :/

while my 5* luck was absolutely horrific until very recently, at least my IV luck hasn't been bad. Except the -atk Lyn I got as my very first pull. Still hoping I can fix her some day as she has TONS of SP stockpiled from being my only decent character.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I used up all my flags for this round in team Subaki and
C85OTS9VwAI-OeC.jpg

...well this is kinda frustrating

I have used 90k flags, and I'm not even in the top 5k. Just grinded out all the arena flag, so I'm hoping I can get top 5k with another 200.

Also, somehow putting Takumi as my party leader is getting me more defenses than ever before, far more than putting Ephraim, Roy, Tiki, or Olivia gave me. The team is just Takumi with Vantage 2, Ephraim with +4HP and Swap, Wings of Mercy 1 Olivia, and stock Tiki.

lt519

Should have 40k feathers after all this. Not sure who to upgrade. Just pulled a 4* Nowi. Have an Adult Tiki. Really trying to improve my arena score, I think Nowi is the way to go and fits my team.

Ninferno

Yeah, IV is undoubtedly the No.1 bullshit in the game hands down. Sadly, I really can't see them doing it way or providing some kind of remedies like you guys suggested in the near future. It does serve the evil purpose of urging you to pull more, remember? :(

Cerium

My cup overfloweth with feathers but I don't really have any urgent need to upgrade another 5*.

I guess I'll just hang on to them for now.

I'm ready for the weapon slot update.

I would like to see the numbers for how much % of the money is made in the last few hours before a banner leaves. The average revenue curve through a banner would be interesting too!

Got up to 4% picking Colorless and Blue for Kagero and Effie, got nothing interesting again, even for inheritance. Now of course I look at my 2 orbs and I want to buy some. However, my luck has been so bad in this game with money orbs, it is really the worst investment I made of all Gacha games or similar mechanics in other games that I played. Not gonna do it... Maybe I will get a good 4* Kagero (have 3 bad ones) or Effie later.

After that it will be the Wyvern banner tempting me at 3.75%, really want a Cherche with good IV, no matter if it's 3,4 or 5 stars...

5019 on team Cordelia smh. I was mid 2k last night

Really can't compete with people who set alarms every half hour. The top of the board is practically splitting hairs

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Ranked 1360 in Team Subaki. Was hoping for better to counter the lost feathers from losing to Minerva.

Ninferno

I've got enough feathers to upgrade a character to 5*. Which one of these 4* characters should I choose?

That +Atk - Res Tharja is not bad at all. I'm not sure if that team in the screenshot is your arena offense team. I'm guessing it is just you defense team but if you are also using it in offense, promoting Tharja and replacing Seliph with her makes the most sense to me. Also, Takumi has pretty much no place in an offense team nowadays (he could still be good in defense to create some annoyance, but still), you have clearly a better choice that is Azura.

I'm also recommending the Tharja. She is one of the really good Red Mages, and they are pretty useful with Hector, Julia, and Nino running around.

Sanaki is working well for me with minimal skill inheritance, so your Tharja with good IVs will dominate with good skills and team support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom