• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a huge drought I finally pull a 5 star and it's fucking Subaki. Would have been perfectly fine with Cordelia and was shooting for Hinoka. Of course it had to be him.

Worst part is he's even worse than my 4 star Subaki with defense boon + res bane. Piece of crap has res boon + speed bane meaning the 4 star one has both more defense and is faster. What's he good for? Passing quick riposte 3?

God damn it

Vena

Not that I can really complain but I am convinced Roy is fake.

BCIlFLE.jpg

Roman

The last few days I've been rolling the Easter banner every morning and pulling only the first green(s) that show up and then quitting. I do this in the half hearted hopes of getting Chrom to improve my BST (because Lucina is really dragging me down and he is the best option among the bonus units for that). Also the only way of ever getting Hector is to keep trying.

Yesterday I at least got a Fae out of it, but today it took me 4 rolls to even get a green orb to show up. And, well, it was this.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Should I go Camilla or Minerva? Don't have a Camilla, and my Minerva is 3 stars at level 20. Not sure I can even rank high enough to compensate for the feather difference after Minerva gets trampled by Camilla.

Spoit

Should I go Camilla or Minerva? Don't have a Camilla, and my Minerva is 3 stars at level 20. Not sure I can even rank high enough to compensate for the feather difference after Minerva gets trampled by Camilla.

Yeah, you're probably not going to place well either way. Might as well get the easy win feathers

Okay...I need some advices : I have downloaded the app' but cannot play it. I had to go through one update to begin the game. Done. I begun and had to stop during the tutorial. I re-launched the app later...and there was a new (big, around 400Mo) update before playing. My internet connexion crashed but I was finally able to complete the update...to discover I had to go through another big update. And no more space avaible for that (it seems I cannot DL the update on my micro-sd card). Any advice or am I doomed ?

Cryxok

Not comparable since mine was in the voting gauntlet, which means they were all randomly assembled enemy army leaders.

Isn't it exactly the same? The arena is showing me 3 randomly assembled enemy team leaders. The only difference is that I don't get to face all 3 Takumis at once

Roman

Isn't it exactly the same? The arena is showing me 3 randomly assembled enemy team leaders. The only difference is that I don't get to face all 3 Takumis at once

Mine also had to be level 40, participating in the gauntlet and part of the same army. They were also in the same enemy team at once. The probabilities are technically not comparable.

Mupod

I started spending flags early this morning and I've been lucky so far, I was expecting to lose a lot because I only have a 4* 40 Camilla. Hasn't been a repeat of team Lucina where I had to cleanse my entire friends list because people wouldn't stop putting her out in front. I had one all greens vs all reds but one of mine was a level 20 Michalis that brought their levels down enough that Hector could take them.

If you really want to make her work you could try that with Triangle Adept 3, Moonbow and either Quick Reposte or Axebreaker since she is both rather weak and very slow.

Triangle adept is a no go, I already gave her Iote's Shield because it makes her take 0 damage from archers with fliers buffs.

I'm mainly wondering if it's better for her to prock Bonfire faster or be even tanker against blues.

Mupod

I'm wondering if I should swap out my Beruka's Killer Axe for an Emerald Axe. Hmm.

I guess. It's impossible to make her exceptional, but turning her into a Narcian or Subaki type unit would at least make her useful. It'd be quite an investment, and seeing as you'd be spending 20k feathers to even get an emerald axe+ I'd just use Narcian. If this is a waifu thing then by all means.

Another alternative is just using Triangle Adept and a special that actually does something for her like Bonfire or Moonbow/Luna. A gem weapon would allow you to use fury or iote's shield I suppose.

edit: welp

Roman

Subaki actually seems like a decent candidate for this kind of idea with Iote's Shield since he already comes with Quick Reposte and Sapphire Lance.

Mupod

Tried running with Olivia instead of Lucina in arena and I did improve my score, but still only 4435. Not deathless due to one fatal mistake right at the end because I didn't realize their Robin had Blue Tomebreaker. So annoying. Dancers are starting to piss me off too, especially with merged super units that are unfairly strong compared to my own.

I'll do one more 7 run tomorrow with my highest score units (hector, fury linde and lucina, 4* Selena). I've got two wins with them currently, one was really scary against a very heavily merged Nino that I could only barely take out safely. I had to use the damage calculator and it only worked because the Nino was -def combined with spur atk from Lucina.

I finished off my Hector as well, I've been literally throwing him at the tower while playing Persona 5. It's easy to farm SP on a unit that can clear almost everything by just punting him with smite and pressing end turn a few times.

I got Hone Speed 3 and Bonfire since last time - in particular the 1 extra speed from Hone Speed 3 has been extremely helpful. It gives Linde just enough speed to double +spd Eirika who I seem to run into constantly. Unlike Lucina she doesn't get one shotted so she's been a problem. Came in handy against the full dragon squad I met earlier as well as it was enough to double Ninian.

I was hesitant on giving him a buff but it works out well. I try to keep Linde near him as they cover each other's weakness, Linde can heal him back to Quick Riposte range in two different ways, and she buffs his resistance allowing him to survive against many casters.

Do you guys think the starter heroes (Alfonse/Sharena/Anna) will always rotate among the arena bonus heroes or that this is just a one-time thing?

Do you guys think the starter heroes (Alfonse/Sharena/Anna) will always rotate among the arena bonus heroes or that this is just a one-time thing?

Personally I think they'll always rotate, allowing people to always have a bonus hero. So it's not a bad idea to make them all 5*.

Already got Anna and Sharena 5*, just need Alfonse....

kswiston

I am surprised that IS left the goal for this voting tourney at 10B points when we got to 30B last time and we have 3x the flags available.

Camilla is already past 10B just this round.

That's unfortunate.

I have just run some calculations and Beruka does kill more units in return than the suggested Subaki would.

Yeah, Subaki is trash. The only real options for tanky fliers are Beruka and Michalis. Neither of them are particularly good units, but beggars can't be choosers.

I've decided to stick with Killer Axe. She already dominates blues (most can't damage her at all), and I think being able to prock Bonfire (which scales up to her insane defense) every other attack will ultimately be more effective than doing slightly more damage against blues without completely compromising the "tank" aspect by making her get one-shotted by reds.

too late now, but joining Minerva was definitely the better option given both higher rank for the round and cumulatively

Spoit's post was misinformed. I didn't jump in to say anything, because the choice was so obvious.

There's a lot of posts in this topic and general info that can help people make the right decisions in this gauntlet. My overall score dropped out of the top 1000, so that's a little disappointing.

I wonder how much an extra 100 Flags will help. I'll have 5 left, but I will combine that with tonight's log-in bonus and do a x10 multiplier.

I'll still play, but it will be less frequent if I continue to fall. No use spending extra time if I'm basically locked in the top 5000.

redcrayon

It'll be interesting to see what the next run of promotions are this week- the daily arena quests end on Tuesday, and the voting gauntlet tomorrow.

Spoit

I only have a handful of them, mismatching levels/no skills. Since I needed 10 wins in 2 days for the flags quests, I decided to go for easy wins instead of high arena ranking.
If you just want an easy win, take a lvl 40 or two, and then fill the rest of your team with low level trash to lower your BST.
too late now, but joining Minerva was definitely the better option given both higher rank for the round and cumulatively

I don't see how it would effect the cumulative score? Since that's global, isn't it?

You get 1100 flags per round and 30 flags over a 6-day-period. 3330 flags converts to approximately 366300 points if you use the banner character every time.

You get 1100 flags per round and 30 flags over a 6-day-period. 3330 flags converts to approximately 366300 points if you use the banner character every time.

Wait. You're supposed to use the banner character?

How does this voting gauntlet thing even work? I don't think it was ever explained particularly well by the game.

Ilvocare

I've never believed in being ungrateful when getting a 5*. I think each and every character has their own appeal, even if it's someone lame or weak. HOWEVER.

EVEN I HAVE MY LIMITS.

congrats you can make a tank effie comp now

alternatively, I'm assuming easter peeps will become more useful upon the advent of reinforcement maps

but fuck I'm so starved for content... this entire week was nothing but the voting gauntlet and Navarre...

I've never believed in being ungrateful when getting a 5*. I think each and every character has their own appeal, even if it's someone lame or weak. HOWEVER.

EVEN I HAVE MY LIMITS.

I would have preferred carrot Xander over what I got earlier. That was my first 5 star in a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom