• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoit

Ah, well in that case yes. It's better to prioritize joining the characters you have for a higher total score.

I doubt you could have cumulative placement with only 1 set of flags anyway. I've dumped more than 2 full set of flags in, and am still in the 2nd to lowest cumulative category.

I doubt you could have cumulative placement with only 1 set of flags anyway. I've dumped more than 2 full set of flags in, and am still in the 2nd to lowest cumulative category.

Huh, what are you trying to say?

Everyone has simply been saying to use the character of your army for bonus points, so that is why your suggestion to the GAF member was not good.

If you have extra flags, use the bonus character and spend the biggest amount you can at one time.

I've used all attainable flags except for 5, because I'm combining those with the log-in bonus.

I have 123,090 points in Camilla's army, and I'm at rank 31,277. I have 376,840 overall points and I'm apparently ranked 107 overall! What the hell?

So if I keep my ranks, I'll be getting exactly 10K feathers total from this event.

Three battles with 200 flags spent using the banner unit
22000 (200 flags) + 110 (0 flags) + 110 (0 flags) = 22220 points
11000 (100 flags) + 11000 (100 flags) + 110 (0 flags) = 22110 points
11000 (100 flags) + 5500 (50 flags) + 5500 (50 flags) = 22000 points

Ok I had budgeted some weekly money for this game because I have a great time and I play it more than anything else. However, the shit I got with my money so far makes me consider going F2P from now on. They all have been disastrous pulls, like real shit, like "Oh my god how can this worth even 10% of what I spent!", like "Maybe if I dropped it down the drain a mutated animal who can feed off coins would have had a great day and it would have served a better purpose".

I know the risk of gambling in these games, it's just that for the amount I spent so far I always at least got, overall, stuff 2-3 times better than what I got in FE.

MANUELF

Banned
Ok I had budgeted some weekly money for this game because I have a great time and I play it more than anything else. However, the shit I got with my money so far makes me consider going F2P from now on. They all have been disastrous pulls, like real shit, like "Oh my god how can this worth even 10% of what I spent!", like "Maybe if I dropped it down the drain a mutated animal who can feed off coins would have had a great day and it would have served a better purpose".

I know the risk of gambling in these games, it's just that for the amount I spent so far I always at least got, overall, stuff 2-3 times better than what I got in FE.

I bought the second cheapest pack of orbs and got a -ATK +SPD 5* Beruka from them......
Not worth it

Everyone has simply been saying to use the character of your army for bonus points, so that is why your suggestion to the GAF member was not good.

If you have extra flags, use the bonus character and spend the biggest amount you can at one time.

I've used all attainable flags except for 5, because I'm combining those with the log-in bonus.

I have 123,090 points in Camilla's army, and I'm at rank 31,277. I have 376,840 overall points and I'm apparently ranked 107 overall! What the hell?

So if I keep my ranks, I'll be getting exactly 10K feathers total from this event.

edit: nvm, if you're that high up with that score top 1k is a lock for me

Achtius

Zero colorless units so I had to bring my own. A Drag Back Palla keeps stalking me.

this...one?

Screenshot_2017-04-09-23-28-29_zpsgjygocxw.png

Spoit

My point was, the winning team gets an extra 500 feathers, which is worth an extra tier here (2 tiers for the early rounds/lower reward tiers).

And that, coming in at the end with only 1/3 of the total flags available, that the win feathers might be as much of an offset as the reduced competition. Though it turns out that it's even more lopsided than the lucinia vs ephraim one, which IIRC was under 4:1, whereas this one is like 4.5:1.

(and yeah, mea culpa, I missed the part where he only had minerva, I thought he had both)
Meh. Handy to have as a bonus character I guess.

Perhaps I should 5* my Sharena.

She is one of the better spear users.

champloo

I just realize we can get roughly 20k feathers per month.
That means if I start working on it today, I could have a +10 Severa in under a year! This is actually not intangible.

I got my Michalis up and running and he's pretty fun to use. Gave him Quick Riposte and Ignis. With his high defense he can go up against reds no problem (unless it's Eldigan or something). Ignis adds an insane 28 to his attack so if he has it up he can pretty much fly over to anything that isn't an armored red and murder them instantly.

Just need to put reposition on someone so I can move him an extra space to get in on mages.

Wow, you got 4604 points with that? Did you have to use up tons of crests to maintain a perfect?

Actually that team is in the sweet spot where you don't run into mages/Takumi and very rarely run into whale mages, so it's not that hard.

Now when I was trying to tough it out with 4* Michalis, I couldn't get a deathless run for the life of me cause damn, that sucked.

Ninferno

yes that is all 3 starters at 5*, this is like the most F2P team ever lmao

Congrats! That's quite an accomplishment; you have my sincere respect, fellow all-melee F2P. I know how difficult that could be.

I'm currently low on feathers so I can't afford to promote Alfonse for these two weeks, but I will definitely promote Sharena next season as she is almost certainly to be arena bonus char. Promoting the 3 OG lords is going to save so much effort than dragging a GHB 4* along in a long run. It's a worthy investment for us F2Ps.

Ninferno

Actually that team is in the sweet spot where you don't run into mages/Takumi and very rarely run into whale mages, so it's not that hard.

I would honestly attribute that to luck. Takumi yes, you don't see him often in 650-660, but mages? There are an abundance of +x/Fury 3 Ninos in that score range, and they are mostly accompanied by Eirikas and Ninians. I can't count how many of my perfect run attempts have been ruined by these mfkers...

Anyway, that doesn't change the fact that it is a great accomplishment, and with all the 3 OG lords at 5* you are good to go for the months to come:)

Robin is so trash. Why can't this dude kill red swords? You need a +attack nature and maybe even a boost or two for him to do his damn job. A lot of runs fall apart due to him not sealing the deal in one turn.

Do I have to give him him sword breaker? Freaking noob

Cerium

Robin is so trash. Why can't this dude kill red swords? You need a +attack nature and maybe even a boost or two for him to do his damn job. A lot of runs fall apart due to him not dealing the deal in one turn.

5b0bb2a04eef641d28cd39b51ab49d8d_-like-theyre-holding-back-meme-holding-laugh_190-205.png

Roman

Robin is so trash. Why can't this dude kill red swords? You need a +attack nature and maybe even a boost or two for him to do his damn job. A lot of runs fall apart due to him not sealing the deal in one turn.

If the metagame isn't dominated by archers, his usefulness falls apart almost entirely. His stat distribution is actually not great (29 Attack and Speed) and he is completely helpless against the now very common Nino and Julia.

I would even argue at this point that blue is the worst mage color to field in the arena. Linde mitigates this through sheer force and Reinhardt with range, but still.

Cerium

If the metagame isn't dominated by archers, his usefulness falls apart almost entirely. His stat distribution is actually not great (29 Attack and Speed) and he is completely helpless against the now very common Nino and Julia.

I would even argue at this point that blue is the worst mage color to field in the arena. Linde mitigates this through sheer force and Reinhardt with range, but still.
I've been trying to tell people for ages and no one wanted to believe me.

Dude doesn't even one shot Takumi which is like the only thing he's supposed to be good at.

I've been trying to tell people for ages and no one wanted to believe me.

Dude doesn't even one shot Takumi which is like the only thing he's supposed to be good at.

Yup. He doesn't one shot any of the things he should. He kinda can with attack boon but the margin is so small you can't say for sure when buffs or defensive boons/merges are involved. I don't want him to be tanking, I wanna kill stuff!

If I take him out and replace him with 5 star Sharena that might bump me into Takumi free MMR kind of killing the need for him. I'm reluctant to run an all melee team though

Theosmeo

Would Linde with blarraven and triangle adept be a good idea then you think?

Ninferno

Well, here we are again:)

To be fair, MRobin with TA3 is still a decent utility. However, that fact that he needs TA3 to perform his job does say something about him; he lacks damage so you need TA3 as remedy.

To me, he's neither trash nor OP. He has his usefulness outside of the Arena because IS does put a lot of colorless units in missions and GHBs. Arena though, as there's actually zero presence of colorless in the competitive scenes, the same can't be said for him. Maybe the incoming matchmaking overhaul can change this a bit, who knows.

On the broader picture of blue mages, yes, they are in a tough spot considering the overabundance of Ninos and Julias currently presented in the competitive scenes. Any blue mages not named Linde or Reinhardt, or maybe Buncina will have a hard time justifying an arena placement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom