• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

Would Linde with blarraven and triangle adept be a good idea then you think?

No. She's not at all supposed to be tanking any sort of hits except maybe from red mages, so the defensive value of Blarraven would be wasted.

Furthermore Triangle Adept takes up the much coveted A slot, which she needs for either Life and Death or Fury.

Aura and Blarblade are the only reasonable options on her in my opinion.

Ninferno

Would Linde with blarraven and triangle adept be a good idea then you think?

No imo. She doesn't need TA for reds as she's already massacring them and there are so few colorless in the arena for raven tomes to shine; that 5 mt drop from Aura is not a small price to pay.

Cerium

What's the difference between Hone/Spur such as Hone Speed vs Spur Speed?

Hone = Takes effect at start of turn, lasts entire turn (both enemy and ally phases), counts towards -blade type spell bonuses, does not stack

Spur = Takes effect during combat only, will drop if you're not in combat next to the unit that has it, does not count towards -blade type spell bonuses, does stack

Hone is a buff gained at the start of the round (then units can go off and do whatever they want) whereas spur only works if the unit with the skill is adjacent to another unit while they engage in combat.

Hone is a buff that applies at the beginning of your turn. So if your unit is standing next to Erica, she gives it a Speed boost that lasts the entire turn.

Spur is an effect that only occurs when certain conditions are fulfilled. If you start combat while adjacent to Palla, you get a speed boost. If you move away from Palla and fight you won't get the boost, even if you were adjacent at the beginning of the turn.

One thing to note is that buffs like Hone do not, whereas Spur and the like stack indefinitely.

neonglow

Thanks for the info. It sounds like it's better for Hone skills unless I have multiple users with Spur skills. What other non-Spur skills would stack with Spur?

Thanks for the info. It sounds like it's better for Hone skills unless I have multiple users with Spur skills. What other non-Spur skills would stack with Spur?

Spur stacks with everything.

Hone Speed and Spur Speed will stack.
Spur Speed and Spur Speed will stack.
Hone Speed and Hone Speed will not stack.

Mupod

Oh shit, patch tomorrow?

Looking forward to no longer having to fight +7 mages. Hope this doesn't make it harder to rank with unmerged characters. They did say inheritance will be considered in the new arena matchmaking and I've certainly done a lot of that, so hopefully it gives more points.

My Flier Emblem build so far:

61jhix3.jpg

I don't really have them at full potential, lotta inheriting to do:

Cherche is 40+2, +ATK (don't remember what the - was, either SPD or RES). Brave Axe+, Pivot, Dragon Gaze, ATK+1, Drag Back, Fortify Defense 1.

Cordelia is +ATK -RES. Brave Lance+, Glimmer, HP +3 (I removed Triangle Adept so she could fair a bit better against greens), Drag Back.

Beruka is 40+1, +ATK -SPD. Killer Axe+, Draw Back, Bonfire, Iote's Shield, Quick Riposte, Spur SPD 2.

Palla is +SPD -RES. Only inherited skill is Draw Back.

Cerium

My Flier Emblem build so far:

I don't really have them at full potential, lotta inheriting to do:

Cherche is 40+2, +ATK (don't remember what the - was, either SPD or RES). Brave Axe+, Pivot, Dragon Gaze, ATK+1, Drag Back, Fortify Defense 1.

Cordelia is +ATK -RES. Brave Lance+, Glimmer, HP +3 (I removed Triangle Adept so she could fair a bit better against greens), Drag Back.

Beruka is 40+1, +ATK -SPD. Killer Axe+, Draw Back, Bonfire, Iote's Shield, Quick Riposte, Spur SPD 2.

Palla is +SPD -RES. Only inherited skill is Draw Back.
Neat.

I want to hear from that dude who was building the Bunny Camilla team I designed for him.

Roman

I considered trying to build a flier team when I got Spring Camilla but I feel like it doesn't truly deliver without Hinoka, and due to base stat totals it wouldn't really help that much for scoring.

For the long term I would be much more excited to build a full armor team, with Myrmidon Draug.

Neat.

I want to hear from that dude who was building the Bunny Camilla team I designed for him.

I wanted to get a Bunny Camilla, but RNGesus did not smile upon me that day.

I considered trying to build a flier team when I got Spring Camilla but I feel like it doesn't truly deliver without Hinoka, and due to base stat totals it wouldn't really help that much for scoring.

For the long term I would be much more excited to build a full armor team, with Myrmidon Draug.

Yeah, not having Hinoka's abilities is kind of being a thorn in my side. I'm hoping a couple more pulls on the pegasus banner will remedy that.

e: Three pulls on blue just got me Shanna, FemCorrin, and Peri :/

Mupod

Well, I'm assuming their next event is gonna be some kind of lead-in to the Echoes launch, hopefully some kind of orb login bonus countdown. Shilling 'real' Nintendo games was supposedly the main purpose of their mobile titles after all.

All I want is a decent red banner because I need more Triangle Adept and Fury...I've come to accept that I'm incapable of finding focus characters but I'm quite happy with my current roster. I just need more fodder of certain types because I have pulled very little on red or grey.

I'm gonna be at 40k feathers soon, next promotions are looking to be Sharena and Olivia. If they really are going to rotate Sharena, Anna, and Alphonse as the arena bonus then I definitely want at least one of them at 5*. Especially since them being impossible to merge is not going to be a major detriment after the matchmaking change.

Olivia would be a no brainer, but I don't have the characters I need to make the Olivia I want. Mine is +atk -def, I'm not sure what is optimal for her but she is level 40 with a lot of SP already.

For Sharena's skills, I was thinking Drag Back would be great on her. She'd mostly be buffing other characters and I feel like I could get some mileage out of that skill. Fury/moonbow are practically standard issue at this point, only limited by how many Hinatas and Odins I find. A defensive like Pavise might also be good if I'm using her more for dragging back than killing. And finally I'd give her Rally Resistance, because if she's a bonus unit that would allow me to use Olivia who already has hone attack. She'd have a ton of SP as I've got her at 4* level 40 with around 700 stockpiled already, so I could do this easily.

Speaking of SP, I did the math and I need around 1050 to finish off a Blarblade Linde to use alongside that Sharena. I've got 300 on her now. That's something to use stamina on, I guess...

Aesnath

Hi all, I'm kind of lightly playing this game, and I recently stumbled onto something solid, but I don't know what to do with it.

My current team is Roy, Ninian, Abel, Nino, all 5*. Roy has always been a bit of a disappointment, but he is serviceable. In contrast, Abel is +atk, nino is just great, and most of my matches come down to throwing either abel or nino across the map with ninian.

I recently drew a +atk young tiki. So I have some questions:

1.) She would probably be better than Roy, right?
2.) What are good inherits for Tiki?
3.) Is it worth it to run hone dragons on Ninian with Tiki being the only dragon on the team? I'm concerned that it would be one less buff for Nino (as I've left it at hone def 2).

I appreciate any help!

StAidan

Today's daily orb quest brought me up to 5 orbs, figured I'd try a random green pull... and whaddaya know, I suddenly have a 5* Hector.

-atk +def :(

Now I'm considering feeding him to someone else for his distant counter.

Alkez

Is moonbow really the best special for Eirika to use? I'm questioning if the frequency is worth the damage trade off vs something like Luna, considering her attack is not that high.

Ekid

Is moonbow really the best special for Eirika to use? I'm questioning if the frequency is worth the damage trade off vs something like Luna, considering her attack is not that high.

Moonbow is useful for killing red units on counterattack when paired with Swordbreaker.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Did a pull with all the remaining orbs I'm likely to get before the banner ends, and got 4* Reinhardt + 4* Fae.

Not sure if Fae is any good. She seems like a very tanky green, but otherwise not all that remarkable when compared to someone like Nowi. Is she any good?

I also can't tell what Reinhardt's IVs are because people don't seem to have 4* data on him.

Mupod

Did a pull with all the remaining orbs I'm likely to get before the banner ends, and got 4* Reinhardt + 4* Fae.

Not sure if Fae is any good. She seems like a very tanky green, but otherwise not all that remarkable when compared to someone like Nowi. Is she any good?

I also can't tell what Reinhardt's IVs are because people don't seem to have 4* data on him.

http://feheroes.wiki/Reinhardt

I dunno what weird sites you're looking at but this one hasn't let me down yet for IVs. Just make sure to remove any stat-modifying weapons or skills equipped.

Akuun

Ah, thanks!

I did a few quick Googles and I also have a phone app for IVs, but they didn't turn up anything.

And it looks like he's.... -atk + spd. Fucking typical lol.

Ninferno

Attempted to crack 4600 on my alt account because why not.

I normally run Hector/Lucina/Reinhardt on my alt. Obviously Reinhardt is dragging my BST quite a bit so I substitute in a vanilla Roy just to try my luck. First run was looking good until I met this monstrosity:

Her team includes +10 Nino, Fury 3 lighly merged Eirika, and Azura as well. Apparently brave lance+ drag down Effie's BST a bit to be able matched with me. Grrr, the matchmaking update really can't come soon enough.

In my second attempt, I met this funny team instead.

I believe I have found Ephraim's account. The merge count of this team isn't as intimidating but I have no blues but two greens. I almost pulled off deathlessly but when it was down to the last two Eirikas, Roy and Hector was severely injured and couldn't take any more hits and my Lucina with 1 HP and Desperation could only handle one of the Eirikas. Too bad I had to call it a day.

Well, I already have a decent score with Reinhardt at 4550 so these were just attempts for run anyway.

Akuun

I don't know how you would deal with super merged melee units like that unless you had a ranged unit to kite with, but then that would tank your BST as you say.

I was toying with an all-melee team over the weekend, but kept running into a lot of enemy teams running heavy ranged stuff like Linde because my bonus character is a 4* Michaelis who obviously tanked my BST enough to get matched with casters and dancers.

I'm going to try a middle ground approach of Lucina + Nowi + MRobin and see if I can do a bit better.

Ninferno

I don't know how you would deal with super merged melee units like that unless you had a ranged unit to kite with, but then that would tank your BST as you say.

I was toying with an all-melee team over the weekend, but kept running into a lot of enemy teams running heavy ranged stuff like Linde because my bonus character is a 4* Michaelis who obviously tanked my BST enough to get matched with casters and dancers.

I'm going to try a middle ground approach of Lucina + Nowi + MRobin and see if I can do a bit better.

My Hector with Bonfire would have been able to deal with that Effie if he hasn't taken a hit from a +10 Nino already; I really can't get away from Nino + Azura's terrifying reach, can I. My Hector might no even be able to one shot that Nino without Lucina spurring his ATK; that's how annoying heavily merged casters are.

On your attempts, yeah, full melee team is a bitch. I manged to barely crack 4600 on my main account with Marth/Nowi/Effie + 4* Michalis and never want to try again...

Anyway, Lucina + Nowi is a decent core and you may have a shot.

Akuun

Yeah, a super strong caster + dancer is just hell to deal with. I mostly build my team while being very conscious of heavy casters, because those are the biggest threat to my teams. And there's nothing like walking up to a supposedly glass cannon caster and finding that you can't oneshot it.

I just promoted one of my Effies to 5*, so I might end up trying something similar as your Marth + Nowi + Effie + Michaelis eventually.

My Effie is +atk - def, but it was the best IV I had, and I'm hoping Wary Fighter mitigates the -def part.

explodet

The awaited April update!

Arena Scores/Matchmaking
I predict mass clusterfuckery, as well as the gnashing of teeth. It'll be great.

Starting Placement
Good addition! But I'll probably skip this 9 times out of 10 because I'm lazy.

Experience Gains
Leveling 4* to 40 is kinda harsh, but that's all I think I'll be getting out of this change.

Increased Stamina Pool to 99
I could get a full 8 hours of sleep and still not have full stamina. Worst update ever.

Hero Merit
wat

Inherit Skill & Merge Allies
I haven't merged an ally yet, and this isn't going to make me start.

Defense/Reinforcement Maps
My best healer is still only level 25! Crap.

Equippable Items
Is this still a thing? I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed this to May.

ggx2ac

Hero Merit = waifu points?

It's supposed to be a way to farm feathers. I really want it to be good so that I can just make a grand hero battle hero 5* more easily to use for the bonus hero for arena.

But that's honestly not going to happen, it would let people not have to spend money on orbs to get a new hero for the bonus heroes for arena.

backlot

Neat.

I've been using Bunny Camilla, Hinoka, Cordelia and Cherche all week and the team is really fun to use. I just got enough SP to put Drag Back on all my melee attackers and with Reposition on Cordelia and Hinoka I'm really loving the maneuverability this team gives. The only bad thing is that running three brave weapons tanks my overall BST and I'm frequently running into teams that aren't even level 40. I hope the update after the maintenance tomorrow fixes the matchmaking.

Ninferno

It took a while, but I'm almost done.

I just have Triangle Adept 3 left which I just got from a 4* Roy recently.

Nice. But do you really need TA and Swordbreaker at the same time though. Looks a bit overkill to me. Then again, while TA + QR is a clear winner for Nowi, QR wouldn't make that much sense for the faster FemCorrin. Maybe due to FemCorrin's relatively low ATK Swordbreaker's guaranteed 2nd attack still make the most sense anyway.

ggx2ac

Nice. But do you really need TA and Swordbreaker at the same time though. Looks a bit overkill to me. Then again, while TA + QR is a clear winner for Nowi, QR wouldn't make that much sense for the faster FemCorrin. Maybe due to FemCorrin's relatively low ATK Swordbreaker's guaranteed 2nd attack still make the most sense anyway.

Lucina is fast hence dealing with Falchion users easily.

Maybe Vantage would be better? I don't know.

Edit: Maybe Vantage would be better because I would still pull off a second attack first.

redcrayon

Looking for some general advice on my next promotion. Currently I have:

5*:
Cordelia (blue Lance)
Hinoka (blue Lance)
Lucina (red Sword)
Roy (red Sword)
Corrin M (red Sword)
Sophia (red tome)
Camilla (green axe)
Rebecca (grey archer)
Maria (grey staff)

I want to round out my ranged options, would you pick Nino (green tome) Robin M (blue tome) or Kagero (grey shuriken)?

ggx2ac

I do have a 4* Lon'qu remaining. I guess I could give Vantage to Female Corrin.

I only find Lucinas due to whales but they're not really that common when it comes to the meta.

MANUELF

Banned
Looking for some general advice on my next promotion. Currently I have:

5*:
Cordelia (blue Lance)
Hinoka (blue Lance)
Lucina (red Sword)
Roy (red Sword)
Corrin M (red Sword)
Sophia (red tome)
Camilla (green axe)
Rebecca (grey archer)
Maria (grey staff)

I want to round out my ranged options, would you pick Nino (green tome) Robin M (blue tome) or Kagero (grey shuriken)?
Give us their natures so we can choose better

Mupod

The awaited April update!

Arena Scores/Matchmaking
I predict mass clusterfuckery, as well as the gnashing of teeth. It'll be great.

Starting Placement
Good addition! But I'll probably skip this 9 times out of 10 because I'm lazy.

Experience Gains
Leveling 4* to 40 is kinda harsh, but that's all I think I'll be getting out of this change.

Increased Stamina Pool to 99
I could get a full 8 hours of sleep and still not have full stamina. Worst update ever.

Hero Merit
wat

Inherit Skill & Merge Allies
I haven't merged an ally yet, and this isn't going to make me start.

Defense/Reinforcement Maps
My best healer is still only level 25! Crap.

Equippable Items

the matchmaking can't be worse than what they have now...right?

Starting placement wasn't something I thought was a big deal until I started running an armor unit and no dancer. Certain maps you can be pretty much screwed by placement.

I'm not overly concerned about leveling time for 5*, but getting those 4* bonus units up faster will be nice. I like the extra SP from slower leveling which is partly why I never got the last castle upgrade.

99 stamina is awesome for me as I won't feel obligated to bring my tablet to work. But I will anyways.

I've never merged a 5* for obvious reasons but I'm curious if you need to re-learn everything. Or if for some stupid reason they limit the number of transferrable skills.

They showed a screenshot with an 'S' slot skill so I'm fearing the worst on what it'll take to get that. Hopefully if it's not in yet, we at least learn something from datamining.

Akuun

Nino is probably the best IV out of those, but without Eirika or Ephriam, it may be harder to keep her buffed up.

the matchmaking can't be worse than what they have now...right?

Those rocking an all-melee 4* team won't have to fight a team of 5* Takumis and Kageros anymore, so that's good. Not so good is the fact that you can't inflate your stats high enough to avoid horseshit comps anymore. I'm imagining a lot of flawless runs being ended single-handedly by Reinhardt. lol

Saved and used all my flags on the final round and placed about rank 1551, don't think I'll be doing that again.

So any Lilina builds out there? She's gonna be my next feathered 5*. Why? Because I just wanna

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Equippable Items

One of the Screenshots showed an empty "S" skill slot, which people assume is what the Equipable items will be.

Saved and used all my flags on the final round and placed about rank 1551, don't think I'll be doing that again.

Yeah, I have been spending enough flag to get in the top 5k for each round, and also went on some of the Smaller teams. I think I will make a good amount of feathers doing so, but I still have to spend a bit of time to get the last batch of the Arena Flags to see where I end up.

redcrayon

I was talking about the possible 5*
Those three are the 4* I'm looking to promote. My 5* units are apparently:

Cordelia (blue Lance) attack up, defence down
Hinoka (blue Lance) defence up, res down
Lucina (red Sword) speed up, attack down
Roy (red Sword) HP up, speed down
Corrin M (red Sword) res up, HP down
Sophia (red tome) attack up, defence down
Camilla (green axe) res up, speed down
Rebecca (grey archer) speed up, HP down
Maria (grey staff) attack up (lol) defence down