• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently using all your flags for the round doesn't eveb get you above 50k in Team Camilla :|

Well at least it seens I'm in the 900s for cumulative so let's hope that holds.

I got a -ATK 5* Abel so only a Brave Lance+

PS: Is a +DEF -RES Effie worth promoting to 5* I would also give her the brave lance+

-Spd is probably her best bane because of Wary Fighter. She has decent res for an armored unit so -res is not bad, especially because Wary Fighter protects her from getting doubled.

Mupod

I was top 50 for team Camilla this morning but I forgot my tablet at home, so I've probably fallen behind. Oh well, haven't had time anyways.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Apparently using all your flags for the round doesn't eveb get you above 50k in Team Camilla :|

Well at least it seens I'm in the 900s for cumulative so let's hope that holds.

This is why I am on team Minerva for the final round. The extra 1000+ feathers for a high rank is worth a lot more than the 500 flag army victory bonus.

This is why I am on team Minerva for the final round. The extra 1000+ feathers for a high rank is worth a lot more than the 500 flag army victory bonus.

Yeah but the lack of Minerva forced me to this side :/

Assuming I don't drop tiers on anything before this ends I'll end up having about 9.7k total feathers from the voting

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, a tip to make the battles in the voting gauntlet really easy, pick a level 20ish unit to go in with. You will likely get a level 40 unit from a friend, and some level 12ish unit from a random. The level 40 unit will destroy the enemy team, which will be all around level 20. Worked really well for grinding the mission to play with 5x of each colors.

Also, a tip to make the battles in the voting gauntlet really easy, pick a level 20ish unit to go in with. You will likely get a level 40 unit from a friend, and some level 12ish unit from a random. The level 40 unit will destroy the enemy team, which will be all around level 20. Worked really well for grinding the mission to play with 5x of each colors.

Use a level 1 for an easier time

Mupod

this is what I try to do, but interestingly enough going in with a level 40 4* Camilla had a similar effect. I'd be up against enemies in the low 30s every time, and my borrowed Hectors/Effies had an easy time against those. Maybe Camilla's 4* stats are so bad, that since most people don't put a 4* unit in their first slot, that it resulted in going up against super low level teams.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, final flag spent, lets see what kind of ranking 161,300 points gets for Team Minerva, and how my overall rank looks. I missed like 200 flags in the first round, which likely is going to hurt my overall score a lot.

Edit: Ok, I am rank 9,779 in the Army, and 26,112 overall. I assume I'm going to end in the 10k-30k range for the army, and 10k to 30k overall, which would get me 4500 flags for this round. With 2600 flags round 1 (Subaki), and 2100 round 2 (Subaki), I should get 9200 total.

3 rounds of flags gets me in top 1000 on minerva. However I doubt I'll be able to hold the spot since I'm not doing a battle ever 30 mins. Slowly creeping out of top 1000.

Ekid

Currently #14000 in team Minerva, #530 globally.

So in the end I will have got:
R1: 2500 + 500
R2: 2100 + 500
R3: 2300 + 3000
=10900 feathers.

Using every flags in each round was the best strategy I think. Especially in the first round where it was easy to get a high rank.

=10900 feathers.

Using every flags in each round was the best strategy I think. Especially in the first round where it was easy to get a high rank.

ayy same here what's up fellow Minerva buddy

HoodWinked

i got up to 4.5% on summoning the Easter banner which is 120 orbs without a single 5*. i finally pulled a 5* and got azura so i have mixed feelings. basically cost me 140 orbs for her but then azura is considered s+ tier.

=10900 feathers.

So it pretty much looks like at the moment the most effective strategy for feathers is to aim for second place

If you regularly use gmail, there is no way to set a password for IAP that is different? I have to stop spending as much as I do in this game because all I get is shit and there is moments where I don't have the best control. I don't want to quit the game, I would like someone else to have the IAP password so I go through them to rationalize the purchases I make. Seems impossible by looking at all the settings.

Sushen

i got up to 4.5% on summoning the Easter banner which is 120 orbs without a single 5*. i finally pulled a 5* and got azura so i have mixed feelings. basically cost me 140 orbs for her but then azura is considered s+ tier.
The exact same thing happened to me. As much as I like my Azura, I don't think she's 120 orbs good. I was pretty upset at no 5* after so many orbs.

Cerium

The exact same thing happened to me. As much as I like my Azura, I don't think she's 120 orbs good. I was pretty upset at no 5* after so many orbs.
Azura is definitely 120 orbs good especially considering she's never been on a banner.

When it comes to Azura vs Ninian they both have their advantages, but on the whole I think I would prefer Azura because Sapphire Lance makes her a nightmare for red units which can be very valuable indeed especially with my team composition.

If you regularly use gmail, there is no way to set a password for IAP that is different? I have to stop spending as much as I do in this game because all I get is shit and there is moments where I don't have the best control. I don't want to quit the game, I would like someone else to have the IAP password so I go through them to rationalize the purchases I make. Seems impossible by looking at all the settings.

Run an instance of FEH in an emulator on your computer. De-link your card info from your phone. That way, if you actually want to pull, you'll have to log into your computer. It's also less tactile: there's nothing better (read: worse) than TouchID on an iPhone, for instance.

This isn't going to stop you if you really, really want to gamble, but it erects enough barriers that you'll quickly treat each purchase as a discrete banking action rather than just "one more pull" without any consequences. Bonus points if you've got your banking info open simultaneously.

I've done this with my gacha games, and some (like FF: Brave Exvius) support Amazon coins. The "addiction's" fueled by holiday gift cards, then.

Spoit

Yeah, if you unlink your card, so you're forced to go out and buy point cards to refill, that should put a good damper on kneejerk IAPs

Thanks for the tips. I guess that overall there is nothing else than self control because you can always just enter your card again. However, the additional step of doing it can help. Really wish I could put a PIN that someone else would pick.

On another note... Ouch, while my new Elise IV are not the greatest, they still are better than my first one. However, I have been waiting to make her a great WHM by inheritence. I have 1800 SP saved. If I combine her to the new one, goodbye SP. This blows... Knowing my luck with stupid IV, I will also get + on the most useless stats possible. Seriously, I think random IV is what makes me want to stop playing more than anything else... I am a bad IV magnet.

Roman

On another note... Ouch, while my new Elise IV are not the greatest, they still are better than my first one. However, I have been waiting to make her a great WHM by inheritence. I have 1800 SP saved. If I combine her to the new one, goodbye SP. This blows... Knowing my luck with stupid IV, I will also get + on the most useless stats possible. Seriously, I think random IV is what makes me want to stop playing more than anything else... I am a bad IV magnet.

Learn the skills with the bad Effie and wait for the April update before you merge. Afterwards, inherited skills will transfer to the better Effie.

Learn the skills with the bad Effie and wait for the April update before you merge. Afterwards, inherited skills will transfer to the better Effie.

Do we know if the skills will be learned after tranfer? I know the inherited skills will pass on, but I was under the impression that you will need to spend the SP again.

Decided to switch gears on Ephraim. Going with:

Defiant Defense
Sword breaker
Threaten Defense

My thinking is that as he gets out of Sword breaker range he will then get a massive boon to defense to keep him up and running. Threaten Defense will help him on follow ups and more importantly his sister Eirika for when she attacks.

Just need SP because I wasted so much on a different build that didn't pan out the way I wanted it too. He really needs TA or Swordbreaker to truly shut down red swords in one turn.

Ninferno

Do we know if the skills will be learned after tranfer? I know the inherited skills will pass on, but I was under the impression that you will need to spend the SP again.

There is no info right now in that regard, but yeah, I have the same feeling as you and would guess transferred skills have to be relearned. After all, merged units don't get innate skills auto-learned if the source units have learned them right? So why would inherited skills be any different?

kswiston

Is there a list somewhere of heroes that are not really useful for skill inheritance?

I have a ton of dupes in my roster that I have been keeping just in case. I should be about 2k feathers short of 20k after the voting tourney wraps up, and I want to finally promote my Kagero to 5-stars. She's +atk -hp, and has been sitting at level 40 for so long that she has about 800 SP. With the 1-40 grind for the 5-star version, I will probably have enough SP to make her a skill-transfer superhero.

Ilvocare

Pulled 5* Fae. Hmm.

first off, congratulations, cherish her as she's probably a good answer for the meta and an unusually useful tanky green unit. Having a magical attacker who bypasses that weird BST barrier of archers, mages, and Kagero is more useful than you realize.

also Draw Back is sooooooooo fucking versatile, it's the good shit

Second off, this gauntlet has taught me the value of bonus heroes with regards to cumulative score

I went Cherche > Subaki > Minerva, and only had the first two as bonus heroes.

I dumped all my round 1+2 flags in the other rounds so I got a hefty payout from those flags. Minerva, in comparison...

well it's the difference between hitting top 1k in cumulative and being shunted off to 16k in rank, no matter how diligent you are

that 10% boost ain't nothin to fuck with

Any other Felicia fan who have her at 5* and are trying to make a good build with her? Mine is ATK+ -DEF which looks like perfect IV. She has 36 ATK, 37 SPD, 15 DEF and 38 RES(+3 from skills). I am just unsure what to do with her. So far she is a hybrid.

Right now she can hide behind a unit like Hector, do good damage and add +10 damage from Poison Dagger 3 that I gave her. She can easily just leave units to get picked quickly after she attacks. She also heals other units by +7 after she attacks, making them more ready to finish another unit or survive to kill on counter.

Her RES is already high enough so I could remove the native RES+3 and replace it by any good A skills. She also has no Assist and while Glacies is insane damage, 4 turns is a bit much.

So, I am looking at changing her Skill A, add an Assist and possibly change her Special.

I know that she is not the greatest but I really want to make her work to have great fun with characters I like.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
first off, congratulations, cherish her as she's probably a good answer for the meta and an unusually useful tanky green unit. Having a magical attacker who bypasses that weird BST barrier of archers, mages, and Kagero is more useful than you realize.
How is Fae good for the current meta? Because it's blue-dominated?

I pulled a 4* Fae but haven't used her yet. How does she fare in combat? I was looking at her stats on paper and didn't see anything particularly notable, since it doesn't look like she can ORKO stronger units very easily. She does look very tanky though, so maybe she's better suited to be used as bait so that you can follow-up and kill when you get your turn?

Any other Felicia fan who have her at 5* and are trying to make a good build with her? Mine is ATK+ -DEF which looks like perfect IV. She has 36 ATK, 37 SPD, 15 DEF and 38 RES(+3 from skills). I am just unsure what to do with her. So far she is a hybrid.

Right now she can hide behind a unit like Hector, do good damage and add +10 damage from Poison Dagger 3 that I gave her. She can easily just leave units to get picked quickly after she attacks. She also heals other units by +7 after she attacks, making them more ready to finish another unit or survive to kill on counter.

Her RES is already high enough so I could remove the native RES+3 and replace it by any good A skills. She also has no Assist and while Glacies is insane damage, 4 turns is a bit much.

So, I am looking at changing her Skill A, add an Assist and possibly change her Special.

I know that she is not the greatest but I really want to make her work to have great fun with characters I like.
I don't have a 5* Felicia, but I've been trying to give thought into making her work because I also like the character. Like you said, it's hard because she just isn't that good.

I think trying to build her primarily for damage is almost a lost cause because like you said, her main damage comes from Glacies and getting basically one decent attack every 4 hits when so many other units can pump out that much every single attack just isn't a winning strategy. Brave weapons are good for relying on skill procs, but there are no Brave-style daggers. :(

I think her strength is in taking advantage of her high res and speed to be an anti-caster tank, because she can probably take a hit from a caster fairly easily. Place her in range to bait a caster in, tank and counter so that she applies her debuff, then send someone in (or use Felicia herself, if she can) to kill the caster when it's your turn. In that sense, maybe keep her A skill to make sure she doesn't take much damage when tanking that magic hit. The 10 damage from poison on the B slot is good, and the C slot is up to preference.

As for her weapon, if you use her to bait an attack, maybe a Rogue Dagger would be better than her Silver Dagger, since the Rogue Dagger buffs her and helps her counterattack. But then that would involve sacrificing a 5* Matthew.

That would make her useful IMO, albeit in a very, very niche role. She'd probably still lose against TA MRobin, Kagero, and any archer.

ggx2ac

My Fae ain't tanking shit unless it's a mage (+Res/-Def). I almost solely use her as support and draw back

I just got a Def Up, HP Down 5* Fae. Has 29 Defense, throw in Fury or maybe Defense +3 or Attack/Defense +2 and she's okay.

Paired with Ninian, Fortify Dragons is great for getting an extra +6 to defense/resistance

lt519

Wish they'd do an arena week without bonus characters. Just upgraded my Nowi to 5* and Level 40 with Vantage 3 and want to take her for a spin, but if I trade out Robin and go Eirika, Nino, Nowi and Michalis I seem to struggle to get a perfect run. I'm running into 3-4 deaths, either I got bumped up in competition because of the higher BST or my Robin with triangle adept and blue tomebreaker really was a power house. I'm thinking the latter, he could take a damn beating from anyone, Nowi is definitely more squishy. Falchion users pose a problem for my team now since I don't have other blues. Might have to put Triangle Adept or Swordbreaker on Nowi.

So it pretty much looks like at the moment the most effective strategy for feathers is to aim for second place

Yup, I would have probably netted an extra few hundred or so feathers had I been on Minerva and not gotten the 500 feather bonus. Subaki the first two rounds and I finished in the top 3k each time. The second round I barely used any flags.

I just got a Def Up, HP Down 5* Fae. Has 29 Defense, throw in Fury or maybe Defense +3 or Attack/Defense +2 and she's okay.

Paired with Ninian, Fortify Dragons is great for getting an extra +6 to defense/resistance

Yea I do plan on giving her Fury 3 sometime in the future, just not now, instead she has Defiant Def 3 for the time being.

Saved all my flags until the last round, was team Camilla all the way. Ended up with 6,200 feathers, earned around 8k overall. Almost at 60k feathers now.

ggx2ac

Another 20k feathers, another level up.

C9GsCsgVoAQix2U.jpg

Ilvocare

How is Fae good for the current meta? Because it's blue-dominated?

I pulled a 4* Fae but haven't used her yet. How does she fare in combat? I was looking at her stats on paper and didn't see anything particularly notable, since it doesn't look like she can ORKO stronger units very easily. She does look very tanky though, so maybe she's better suited to be used as bait so that you can follow-up and kill when you get your turn?

Honestly she handles herself a lot better in combat than most people realize. No, she's not a ORKO nuke like Nino or Linde, but that's not her purpose. Her bulk makes her a sizeable lure for every blue unit that you could come across (although she won't normally tank a stat-buffed Nino, unfortunately, her one underscored flaw aside from Falchion and Naga weakness). That, and Light Breath is like the one breath outside of Flametongue you don't want your dragon to roll with. I'd argue the disadvantages end there, though.

First off, when you field her and hit the 650 or so arena score range, you'll run into mainly high BST infantry and (more importantly) armored units. Armored units like Effie and Hector are the hot shit more often than not (because building a competent Draug is currently too expensive for the reward) and people LOVE using them (even though they arguably shouldn't be fielded on defense without Vantage+Distant Counter or Wary Fighter). Fae is a fantastic answer to both of those characters, since she's one of the few higher-end BST characters (along with all young dragons) who attack magically. More importantly, she's on the right side of the weapon triangle to take out both of the knights reliably, and in Hector's particular case (as I've enjoyed time and again with Eirika), she can ORKO him with a Hone Speed buff.

But if you don't have that, her native Renewal [3 on 5*] (a really useful skill that the ORK-centric meta doesn't really give its due) gives her the ultimate attrition advantage, and with enough baiting she can potentially counter even her raw red disadvantages outside of Falchion users, something made possible by abusing Draw Back to move her away three spaces instead of two (i.e., move someone behind her, then move her back two spaces and draw back for the third). Granted, your savior is gonna take a hit but I struggle to think of colored melee units that can't be adequately guarded by either a competent red or blue weapon user...

Threaten Attack also makes her even tankier on enemy approach, allowing most of your team to take damage less often and preserve health for potentially color-unbalanced teams (the number of all-red sword wielders I've fought that've been held off by just Ephraim and proper Fae placement is small, but notable)

I mean, she's not god-tier like Hector is, and she does have obvious hard counters, but I've quite enjoyed her contributions to my setup. And sure, you could replace Renewal with a more ORKO friendly skill but that seems needlessly expensive when you figure out how good about 3/4s of her kit is.

tl;dr - I really like Fae in my team comp of Sacred Siblings/Fae/bonus unit and it's made me realize how versatile she can truly be in the current arena environment. I admit that the patch may completely upend her usefulness but I have faith in her resourcefulness to still find ways to snake around bullshit.

EDIT:

Yea I do plan on giving her Fury 3 sometime in the future, just not now, instead she has Defiant Def 3 for the time being.

wait why give Fae Defiant anything when she has Renewal??? Those skills contradict each other.

Cerium

Honestly she handles herself a lot better in combat than most people realize. No, she's not a ORKO nuke like Nino or Linde, but that's not her purpose. Her bulk makes her a sizeable lure for every blue unit that you could come across (although she won't normally tank a stat-buffed Nino, unfortunately, her one underscored flaw aside from Falchion and Naga weakness). That, and Light Breath is like the one breath outside of Flametongue you don't want your dragon to roll with. I'd argue the disadvantages end there, though.

She also gets absolutely rekt by Takumi.

In my experience she's actually quite squishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom