• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
C9GstQ0V0AACOr4.jpg

Honestly placed higher in the cumulative than I expected. Really wish I had Minerva tho, the 500 victory feathers don't make up for being in rank 60k :|

Ilvocare

She also gets absolutely rekt by Takumi.

In my experience she's actually quite squishy.

I haven't come across a takumi at all in all-four-melee arena comps

also I may have actually lucked out with my personal Fae

I just checked her nature and she's +Def -Spd

which may bias my impressions a bit

EDIT: well upon second thought it's not a complete dealbreaker for neutral fae either

sure Tak will push you to like less than 10 health with one attack but Fae will still survive that

she'll be able to lure him to someplace disadvantageous where other units can gangbang him

and then she'll heal up afterwards in a good couple of turns

Honestly placed higher in the cumulative than I expected. Really wish I had Minerva tho, the 500 victory feathers don't make up for being in rank 60k :|

Same here. I got 693 Cumulative, but I was at 67000 for Camilla's.

Really got screwed by all the flag hoarders, but I probably got more feathers than most of them overall. I earned 9700 through the whole thing.

Arena was pretty good. I dropped out of the top 10000 this week, but still got a healthy 4500. My defense got me three wins instead of just one. Even though multiple wins don't increase my feathers, I do feel more secure.

I'm up to 60K now, so promotions are in the wings. A bit burned out on this at the moment, so I'm taking it slow.

Ninferno

Well, I hope they come up with something new tomorrow to fill the void. The update tomorrow is really crucial for the game in a long run so they'd better have some new interesting quests to commemorate that, maybe some quests centered around defense and reinforcement to illustrate these new modes?

Cerium

No more Arena quests?

Guess I'll just end here with my 4516. I was able to get 4530 last week but I only kept doing those runs because of the rewards.

No more arena quests. As if the struggle could possibly get realer

Finally managed a flawless with my Michalis, Sanaki, Robin, Lucina team which got me a total of 4452. Lucinas Spur Attack just managed to push Robin into being useful although he nearly got trashed by a Kagero once.

I can get fury on Lucina but I just have the one Hinata. She's a pretty good bet for that right?

microfolk

Didn't know about arena quests coming to an end. Being able to do 6 arena in a day was legitimately the most fun I had with the game since the beginning, it would suck if they ended this for good.

Ekid

Tonight is the first major update for the game. They will probably add a shitload of contents/quests.

But not much to do today.

ggx2ac

I went safe with getting a score of 4624. I don't really know if that would be enough for staying above 1k rank.

Had a rank of #871 for the last season with a score of 4634 or around that.

Oh and, I'm at Tier 11 Great General. How much higher is it going to go? And do these tiers matter?

redcrayon

I went safe with getting a score of 4624. I don't really know if that would be enough for staying above 1k rank.

Oh and, I'm at Tier 11 Great General. How much higher is it going to go? And do these tiers matter?
Is it not just how many seasons you've played in?

macklelol

Huh, I managed to get the exact same arena score as you, 4624. I doubt it's gonna be enough for 1k rank, though.

ggx2ac

Huh, I managed to get the exact same arena score as you, 4624. I doubt it's gonna be enough for 1k rank, though.

Basically, Spring Chrom is useless for me if I go higher in rating because I just end up having a 3 vs 4 handicap where defense teams don't have to use bonus heroes.

I wouldn't mind if they changed that to make bonus heroes required for defense for more points because that handicap is ridiculous.

Etria

Interesting, thanks.

I'm at tier 11 too, having been playing since launch and with a not particularly amazing team, so I can't imagine it's about win/loss results either.

Same here. Wonder if it has anything to do with having at least one seven win streak for each season in order to move up a tier?

EDIT: Maybe _Legacy_ is onto something.

ggx2ac

Aside from posting this which is not mine.

I had the most annoying fight with this and a Hector.

Bridge stage. After beating the two other characters in their team, I was trying to lure them out but it was impossible without getting hit first.

The AI wouldn't move when I move away, Raigh would use Drag Back on Hector whenever I move away.

So then, I used my blue unit to lure out Raigh. Guess what happened? Hector used Swap to put Raigh behind him so that I couldn't attack him on my turn.

I didn't have another unit I could use to beat Hector or to distract him so I pretty much lost to this tactic.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you need to crack 3.5k to get promoted next season.

That can't be right; I only really bother with getting a score over 3000 and I've certainly not reached that every season, and I'm also Tier 11.

Maybe you just need a 7-win streak?

Mupod

I assumed the patch was this morning...guess I've got one more arena run with this matchmaking. Yesterday I ran into what was either a cheater or someone with a lot of money and dedication to Olivia...was very confused when I went to kill her with Lucina and realized she had better stats. Rest of the team was just as ridiculous, all super high merged casters. Only made it out of that with one character alive, worst thing was it was the 7th match of a streak,

Maybe it'd be best for me to try and get a 7 streak before the maintenance in case they make it harder for me to get points, as I run Fury on two characters.

_Legacy_

That can't be right; I only really bother with getting a score over 3000 and I've certainly not reached that every season, and I'm also Tier 11.

Maybe you just need a 7-win streak?

Ah right, I don't think it's win streak either. I went 6 and 1 a few seasons ago and still got promoted.

_Legacy_

Really struggling to go flawless with my 5* Azura, 5* Effie,5* Nino and 4* Michallis team. Thinking I need to train my 4* Sophia to 40 and use her. Michalis rarely gets involved for fights, I just use him to lower defence and bait archers, with maybe the odd mage kill. At least Sophia can kill all the green mages I'm seeing.

Or is it worth taking Michalis to 5* (I've got the feathers now) and giving him Brave Axe+?

Ninferno

So then, I used my blue unit to lure out Raigh. Guess what happened? Hector used Swap to put Raigh behind him so that I couldn't attack him on my turn.

Yeah, occasional surprise re-positioning moves like that from the AI can always ruin plans....

Mupod

Had no idea the arena quests were ending. Huh. Wonder what they'll be replaced by.

Anyways, I've been bringing Selena as my bonus unit. She simply can't fight against the shit I have to go against so I don't even try. I just use her for Reposition. The only problem is that dancers, specifically Ninian, are in 80% of my matches. Without one of my own there isn't much I can do, considering that they can do things like launch a +5 Eldigan across the map and one shot one of my characters unavoidably.

Hopefully Olivia or Sharena are a bonus unit next week, I've got 36k feathers ready. I'm so sick of having to go up against these uber teams with a dead weight 4*.

Ninferno

Or is it worth taking Michalis to 5* (I've got the feathers now) and giving him Brave Axe+?

I would advise against that. Not that he's terrible; I use him and he's serviceable but 20k feathers (or maybe even 40k if you want to give him Brave Axe+) is too much of an investment. Only top-tier units that complement your team really well are worthy of that.

Really struggling to go flawless with my 5* Azura, 5* Effie,5* Nino and 4* Michallis team. Thinking I need to train my 4* Sophia to 40 and use her. Michalis rarely gets involved for fights, I just use him to lower defence and bait archers, with maybe the odd mage kill. At least Sophia can kill all the green mages I'm seeing.

It sounds like he's not doing much for your team at all and I doubt being 5* or having a Brave Axe+ would change that. Eat a flawed run if you have to. A flawless run is not worth 20k feathers.

That said, you've got Sophia (and Alfonse). Just drop Michalis so you can get proper green coverage.

Speaking of Alfonse, some speculatate that one member of the OG crew will always be a bonus unit now, so promoting him might not be the worst idea ever if you have a Quick Riposte to spare?

Ninferno

Hopefully Olivia or Sharena are a bonus unit next week, I've got 36k feathers ready. I'm so sick of having to go up against these uber teams with a dead weight 4*.

Same here. holding out for Sharena too and will promote her as soon as she's confirmed bonus char next season. She's now eagerly waiting at 4* LV40:)

Same story for Anna, she will be promoted if she gets her confirmation the season after. Alfonse will be a tough sell and requires lots of determination though, but I suppose it is eventually inevitable.

ggx2ac

Yeah, occasional surprise re-positioning moves like that from AI can always ruin plans....

The most other ridiculous one was fighting an Effie and Takumi. It was the large indoor area with breakable boulders.

I needed to hit Takumi first but Effie kept using Smite to push him away. I kept moving up and down and Effie ended up closing in on me. It was hilarious how bad I trapped myself.

Michalis is only really useful if you're running a Flier Emblem build.

_Legacy_

I would advise against that. Not that he's terrible; I use him and he's serviceable but 20k feathers (or maybe even 40k if you want to give him Brave Axe+) is too much of an investment. Only top-tier units that complement your team really well are worthy of that.

Yeah certainly doesn't seem worth it.

It sounds like he's not doing much for your team at all and I doubt being 5* or having a Brave Axe+ would change that. Eat a flawed run if you have to. A flawless run is not worth 20k feathers.

That said, you've got Sophia (and Alfonse). Just drop Michalis so you can get proper green coverage.

Speaking of Alfonse, some speculatate that one member of the OG crew will always be a bonus unit now, so promoting him might not be the worst idea ever if you have a Quick Riposte to spare?

Alfonse could be the way to go, I can easily get him to 4* and have quick riposte handy. Looking at Sophia's speed, it's a bit lower than I'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom