• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Young Tiki. I already gave her Renewal. Dark Breath+ would make her even tankier. The tradeoff is the -2 attack but I can live with that I think.

Sushen

I would advise against that. Not that he's terrible; I use him and he's serviceable but 20k feathers (or maybe even 40k if you want to give him Brave Axe+) is too much of an investment. Only top-tier units that complement your team really well are worthy of that.

Michalis is only really useful if you're running a Flier Emblem build.
I guess I'm the only one who likes Michalis. Not that he's an amazing unit, but 5* Michalis is the strongest green unit I have. I feel he is a pretty decent melee unit which is better than most wyvern riders.

I guess I'm the only one who likes Michalis. Not that he's an amazing unit, but 5* Michalis is the strongest green unit I have. I feel he is a pretty decent melee unit which is better than most wyvern riders.

Better than Cherche and Bunny Camilla?

I used to run him, but Cherche and Cordelia kill everyone so fast that in practice he spent all his time pulling them out of enemy range or applying buffs. I wound up switching him out for Beruka since she's better in situations where I just need to plunk a unit in front of a squishy and tank hits.

kewlmyc

I'm to the point where I'm just hoarding feathers. At 35k so far. Nino/Eirika/Azura just melt everything, so no motivation to try leveling anyone else. Maybe the 3 starting units eventually so I can always have a bonus arena unit.

Maybe the upcoming patch with change things.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
That BST/matchmaking update is going to save my bacon. I just ran into this merged Flyer Emblem team on the two bridges map.

xss1Kwq.jpg

4QWTVC6.jpg

y8RXRU0.jpg

mcCrawZ.jpg

KzbpW4u.jpg

Just that Bunnila and Cordelia combo was bad enough, but Minerva was on the other side too. Having Lucina as the only counter to those two just didn't cut it.

I think my tweaked Michalis should be able to beat vanilla Cherche and Bunny Camilla. I also like the fact that I don't need to worry about archers.

Most tweaked units can beat vanilla units though :p

Tweaked Cherche ORKOs pretty much every unit in the game, including red lords like Lucina and Ryoma.

Soooo close to a perfect run and got tangled up with an Ephraim and Eirika buffing Nino nonsense on the 7th match......on the lava map...

Just give me the mountain map please!

Mathematics

Neo Member
I skimmed the previous page, was there a news post in game saying how long the arena quests were going for? I thought it was dailies forever :(

lt519

I had to shift my team entirely to accommodate Nowi. To be clear, I think my team is weaker, but it was getting destroyed by Hector and the Falchion users by going Nowi/Eirika/Nino. Eirika could handle Hector with some help, but I'm running into a lot of Hector/Falchion combos which basically puts Nowi on the sidelines.

Running Nowi/Roy/Robin now and having much more success while keeping my score high.

I could always revert to Robin/Nino/Eirika but having two mages is dragging down my score. My goal was to get a higher arena ranking with Nowi which team composition wise is becoming a tougher task as I consider Nowi inferior to Robin in the arena meta.

Crazy how the meta changed by reaching 645+ per round as opposed to 635+ a round just by adding Nowi.

ggx2ac

Young Tiki. I already gave her Renewal. Dark Breath+ would make her even tankier. The tradeoff is the -2 attack but I can live with that I think.

I guess it's fine.

I only have Adult Tiki which I felt is fine with lightning breath because she could counter ranged green and red units.

But she isn't good compared to Young Tiki since Young Tiki has higher base stats.

So I logged in today and it looks like a big maintenance is happening later on today. Does that mean the big update is going to occur? Hopefully some good changes are coming.

Sushen

Since we have a slow day, let's talk about the game to pass time. What are the best red sword, blue lance, and green axe users at the moment and why?

Firemind

I guess it's fine.

I only have Adult Tiki which I felt is fine with lightning breath because she could counter ranged green and red units.

But she isn't good compared to Young Tiki since Young Tiki has higher base stats.
I don't think Lightning Breath+ packs enough punch. Going from 15 to 11 is huge. Not sure if it guarantees a 2HKO vs Hector.

PK Gaming

Since we have a slow day, let's talk about the game to pass time. What are the best red sword, blue lance, and green axe users at the moment and why?

Red Sword - Ryoma
Green Axe - Hector
Blue Lance - Effie

Innate Distant counter easily puts Ryoma over his peers, since it gives him a ton of utility. Being able to KO obnoxious ranged units on enemy phase is godsend, and it's really helpful when trying to avoid deaths.

Hector's is the same deal. On top of his amazingly high stats across the board, wrecking ranged units on the fly is amazing, and he has a built in Quick Riposte (aka the best B-skill in the game), so he's effective against pretty much anything on enemy phase.

Effie's offensive power is the real deal. The Brave Lance+ build with Death Blow allows her to pretty much delete any unit in the game, and innate Wary Fighter is awesome.

The best unit in the game is Nowi.

ggx2ac

I don't think Lightning Breath+ packs enough punch. Going from 15 to 11 is huge. Not sure if it guarantees a 2HKO vs Hector.

I don't know what other skills you'd prefer to use. Triangle Adept makes it easy to beat Hector.

With Nowi I'm thinking of Triangle Adept for her A skill. For B what do you guys think between quick riposte or Vantage?

Unless you're giving her Sol, I'd pick Vantage.

Plus, with Vantage it's good for defense since she can counter ranged units first besides melee.

Forgot, it's pointless to use Sol since it would have a 5 cooldown due to lightning breath.

Ninferno

That BST/matchmaking update is going to save my bacon. I just ran into this merged Flyer Emblem team on the two bridges map.

Just that Bunnila and Cordelia combo was bad enough, but Minerva was on the other side too. Having Lucina as the only counter to those two just didn't cut it.

Yeah, meeting Flier Emblems in the bridge map gives me nightmare too. It has effectively made me skip any opponent with a flier as its leader. I was stupid enough today to run into another trap again; I saw Beruka as enemy leader and was thinking:"Beruka? Really? I have never met her in the arena and she doesn't sound like she will fit in a Flier Emblem team at all. Maybe this is a false alarm." I proceeded and guess what, +10 Fury 3 Bunny Camilla with Gronnblade+ buffed by Hone and Fortify Fliers, what else did I expect? None of my guys can handle her, not even Marth, certainly not Nowi and Effie. And of course it had to happen to be the bridge map.

Well, guess that's the price you pay when you break your own rules. I really need to abide to the rules: give up whenever you see a flier leader. Never, ever fall for a funny flier leader trick again!

PK Gaming

Not with that horrendous speed.

27 base is mediocre, but I wouldn't call it horrendous. She doesn't really need to be that fast though; with Triangle Adept and Quick Riposte she invalidates red units by herself (which is ridiculous) and has an insanely good matchup against most of the cast.

6FzBxD1.png

And that's with Fury 3 assumed as well (which obviously doesn't apply to the entire roster)

She is unquestionably the most powerful hero atm.

Ninferno

With Nowi I'm thinking of Triangle Adept for her A skill. For B what do you guys think between quick riposte or Vantage?

I use QR myself and it works great for Nowi. Vantage might work too but I don't think Nowi's single attack is powerful enough for Vantage to shine (OHKO an enemy before it even touches you). Maybe it works better given that she inherited a powerful special but I don't know. Lightning Breath+ slows special charge time too.

27 base is mediocre, but I wouldn't call it horrendous. She doesn't really need to be that fast though; with Triangle Adept and Quick Riposte she invalidates red units by herself (which is ridiculous) and has an insanely good matchup against most of the cast.

6FzBxD1.png

And that's with Fury 3 assumed as well (which obviously doesn't apply to the entire roster)

She is unquestionably the most powerful hero atm.

Alright, who are the 6 greens that fail to kill Nowi despite Triangle Adept? >.>

Theosmeo

Quick ripose good on nowi huh... Should I sack my Klein for QR3, go with QR2 from my subaki, or just leave her with swordbreaker? I have fury 3 on her right now and she's +spd-att

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm building up my Effie, and I know the most popular option for her is to give her Brave Lance, but I just don't understand why when she is attacked first most of the time. Based on her movement, I just don't see how often she would initiate a fight.

Quick ripose good on nowi huh... Should I sack my Klein for QR3, go with QR2 from my subaki, or just leave her with swordbreaker? I have fury 3 on her right now and she's +spd-att

I personally think QR2 is more than enough. The window where having QR3 would make a difference is just incredibly small and not worth sacking a good unit unless you have a bunch sitting around.

Forgot to mention, I have a +atk -spd, and a +Def -Spd Nowis to work with. I was thinking the +Atk?

I use QR myself and it works great for Nowi. Vantage might work too but I don't think Nowi's attack is powerful enough for Vantage to shine (OHKO an enemy before it even touches you). Maybe it works better given the she inherited a powerful special but I don't know. Lightning Breath+ slows special charge time too.

Unless you're giving her Sol, I'd pick Vantage.

Plus, with Vantage it's good for defense since she can counter ranged units first besides melee.

Forgot, it's pointless to use Sol since it would have a 5 cooldown due to lightning breath.

I wouldn't be able to inherit quick riposte 3, just a 2, whereas I have a Vantage 3 available.

I imagine using Nowi to step in front of my nukers to tank a hit or 2 from damaged enemies. In that sense Vantage seems better.

Maybe I should throw a pivot on her....

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Red swords are probably a tossup between Lucina and Ryoma. Lucina packs a serious punch and provides a lot of build variety. Ryoma is great when used defensively as a bait and counter unit.

Blue Lance is probably Effie for her ability to just wreck shit once she gets close, plus the fact that it's very difficult to oneshot her thanks to Wary Fighter. Effie with Brave Lance+ kills just about everything in the game, regardless of type disadvantage. Alternately, I think Ephriam is great because he provides excellent build variety. You can build him as a buffer, or you can get around his low speed with QR or Lancebreaker.

Green axe is easily Hector because there honestly aren't a lot of good green axes to choose from. Cherche is also great, but takes a lot of SI investment.

I like QR on her instead of Vantage because a double hit from her kills most enemies. It saves you the trouble of trying to safely reach Vantage range, plus a single counterhit from her usually won't kill people anyway. Triangle Adept will make her tankier against Falchions, but I went with Fury for mine because I had more Fury fodder handy, plus I wanted Nowi to do some damage against greens if necessary.

My Nowi runs Fury/QR2/Reciprocal Aid. I put Nowi out as bait so that she kills someone with QR, then I use Reciprocal Aid to bring her back into QR range. It works well with Michaelis acting as a flying spare health bar for her. Quick Riposte 3 isn't necessary because she gets back to 80%+ from Reciprocal Aid anyway, plus I don't really want to upgrade someone to 5* just for QR.

Ninferno

Speaking of a slow day. I've suddenly come to the realization that with the daily arena quests gone, the total number of arena attempts may just take a hit. Previously with the incentive of the "complete 4 wins to get 100 feathers", many people will tend to fight 6 times a day (or you use the trick and fight 9 times every two days). Now many of those will just fight 3 times a day instead; I know I am except for Sunday when I will burn more crests trying to get a deathless run if I haven't achieved it earlier.

Fewer attempts lead to fewer defense wins for everybody. I wonder how my defense is going to fare from now on. For the past few weeks my main account always has 20+ wins each week and my alt account has around 10.

PK Gaming

Alright, who are the 6 greens that fail to kill Nowi despite Triangle Adept? >.>

Bartre, Frederick, Gunter, Cherche, Robin, Cecilia, Camilla(Spring). Cherche misses an OHKO by a single point, though Brave Axe+ will obviously wreck your shit.

Quick Riposte 2 is more than acceptable. Would not recommend saccing a Klein for QR3.

I'm building up my Effie, and I know the most popular option for her is to give her Brave Lance, but I just don't understand why when she is attacked first most of the time. Based on her movement, I just don't see how often she would initiate a fight.

The few opportunities where you do get to attack first let you pull off some insane stuff (like ORKO literally any non-green unit in the game, as well as taking on some green units). Silver Lance+ is definitely solid, though.

MildSoss

Hmm, all this Nowi talk is making me want to promote mine especially since i have access to Traingle Adept 3 from a 4 star Roy i never use.

Red - Eirika
Blue - Linde
Green - Nino
Colorless- Kagero

Yes Eirika! She has great stats, weapon, and instantly improves any team comp. also unlike all other red units she creates headaches on defense. Ryoma can be baited pretty easily, and blue mages are prevalent now. Even in death Eirika is still scary because her buffs remain through the enemy phase.

Brave Lance+ (plus Death Blow 3) is favored for ranged matchups as she doesn't have Ranged Counter by default. Hitting a mage or archer twice with her strength is likely to end them and Wary Fighter saves her from a bad time against them unless -breaker'd (but how often do you see an archer or mage roll Lancebreaker?). It also gets around the possibility of a ranged attacker having Close Counter + Vantage to screw over a Ranged Counter Effie.

Bartre, Frederick, Gunter, Cherche, Robin, Cecilia, Camilla(Spring). Cherche misses an OHKO by a single point, though Brave Axe+ will obviously wreck your shit.

All the slow-ones, I see. Hm...wait a minute, where's Beruka on that list? D:

Xetherion

Beruka just plain wins with 12 HP left.

That makes no sense. Beruka has low SPD and poor RES. Low ATK too for that matter.

Edit: Nvm, Cherche has even worse RES, i can see now how she would lose and Beruka would win. Beruka's special might be coming into play there too.

4604! Wanted to get a good score in before changes happen, because who knows what is about to happen.

Speaking of which maybe they could issue a press release when it goes down for maintenance so we have details to pour over and discuss.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
For this there was a news post on it in game. Arena adjustment to match making. Stamina up to 99. I don't remember what other QOL updates are coming

I know that, I was hoping they would give more information on how the Equipment and Hero Merit systems work. Unless we aren't getting those today.

I know that, I was hoping they would give more information on how the Equipment and Hero Merit systems work. Unless we aren't getting those today.

Exactly. And how exactly will arena scoring and more importantly ranking work when going off of raw BST, LV, and merged units? Will payouts change to accommodate lower scoring?

fek

I run TA3, QR2, Hone Attack and Reposition on Nowi. I need to think about a special to give her, Moonbow doesn't look ideal since she will fire it on the second counter and that hit is usually going to kill anyway.

Sushen

It's extra satisfying when you make a mistake and have your unit end up in front of an enemy unit for its certain demise but Vantage actually kills the enemy unit instead.

I run TA3, QR2, Hone Attack and Reposition on Nowi. I need to think about a special to give her, Moonbow doesn't look ideal since she will fire it on the second counter and that hit is usually going to kill anyway.

Sounds like you want Luna or Bonfire then. Bonfire would probably be better giver her high defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom