• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

special mission starting after daily reset, gives speed+1, atk+1, hp+3 sacred seals as reward. also, 2 orb daily login bonus for 17 days (probably to celebrate the new feature?)
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/851995425318084608

j5QcmXoFWl4Q0.gif

Can you unequip seals and give them to someone else?

I have a feeling that it will be treated as an equipment piece. If it's the case, you should simply be able to unequip and give it to someone else. If not it does not make sense since you can only ever have one of each. Give it to the wrong character and you just lost your SPD+1 forever? Too cruel.

Now it makes me wish that I could "gear" my Defense Team and my Offense Team differently.

MildSoss

Man, i'm liking Bunny Lucina a lot. Been using one without SI the past week and quick sparrow really lets her double up a lot of units with ease.

Thinking of sacrificing my Triangle adept MRobin to her for his tomb and TA.

champloo

Man, i'm liking Bunny Lucina a lot. Been using one without SI the past week and quick sparrow really lets her double up a lot of units with ease.

Thinking of sacrificing my Triangle adept MRobin to her for his tomb and TA.

You will have to choose between Swift Sparrow and TA though, since they are both A-slot skill.

Reading a bit more about the Arena update, it looks a bit all over the place for now. I wish that I could see what kind of score I can get with this or that team without having to spend a Sword...

ggx2ac

Boo.

I thought so, you can farm up to 2000 feathers with a character from hero merit but that means you'd need 10 characters for that to get 20k to 5* a grand hero battle character for arena for the bonus hero.

Since it didn't say anything about refreshing and that duplicates are not counted as new. You are not guaranteed a way to continue playing arena with having a 5* bonus hero each time if you are trying to play for free.

Mupod

Boo.

I thought so, you can farm up to 2000 feathers with a character from hero merit but that means you'd need 10 characters for that to get 20k to 5* a grand hero battle character for arena for the bonus hero.

Since it didn't say anything about refreshing and that duplicates are not counted as new. You are not guaranteed a way to continue playing arena with having a 5* bonus hero each time if you are trying to play for free.

Unless they keep rotating anna, alphonse and sharena. Which would be nice, coming from someone who has never had a full 5* arena team.

Cerium

I'm thinking of 5*ing Sharena and even useless Alphonse just so that I can have a level 40 bonus character every week without bothering to level anyone.

ggx2ac

Had one duel sword remaining, did arena with the team where I would expect to fight a level 50 team for 672 points.

Instead I fought a level 40 team for 682 points which was much much easier.

And a defense score yesterday have me 268 points. A new defense win today gave me 291 points.

I'm thinking of 5*ing Sharena and even useless Alphonse just so that I can have a level 40 bonus character every week without bothering to level anyone.

If they are permanently in rotation I would do that but we did have that one time where none of them were available.

ggx2ac

There's probably no point getting a win streak in arena now until the skills that can be equipped are available.

Just mentioning for those that probably want the highest points possible.

It takes your total base stats and ignores all skills but equipped skills.

Edit: Now it's confusing for what counts as equipped skills because that could be anything.

Totakeke

There's probably no point getting a win streak in arena now until the skills that can be equipped are available.

Just mentioning for those that probably want the highest points possible.

It takes your total base stats and ignores all skills but equipped skills.

Look at my post. It's 4 x 4*

Same score range.

lt519

So much for leveling up Nowi to get a higher arena score. My traditional Robin/Nino/Eirika team is scoring just as well. Also seeing a lot more variety in the arena now. Seems like they just flattened it.

ggx2ac

Oh okay. Seals are different to skills.

So the only question about the changes to arena scoring and matchmaking is what 4. Equipped skills means.

Does it affect scoring, matchmaking or both?

Is it affected by the number of skills you have equipped, their level or both?

Replacing crazy BST super inheritence Nowi with skills in all slots for a low BST 0 inheritence Elise with no A and C skills changes nothing to my Arena score... Hmm...

scy

Skills are out already?

C'mon you can't make a post like this without linking to the source.

I assume it's these for the new skills at least.

Only thing I've seen for skillsets is, but no idea on the validity:
Alm: Hero of Valentia Valentian Hero who wields the divine blade Falchion. Led the Zofian Army against the Regalian Empire. Appears in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

Falchion MT 16 Range: 1 Effective against dragons. At the start of every third turn, unit recovers 10 HP. Vengeance: Grants bonus to damage dealt equal to 50% of damage suffered.

Defiant Def: Grants Def+7 at start of turn if unit's HP < 50% Quick Riposte: Unit automatically makes a follow-up attack if attacked at HP &#8805; 70%.

Lukas: Scarlet Soldier A dedicated soldier in service of Alm. Appears in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. Brave Lance+ Mt 8 Range: 1 Spd-5. Attack twice when initiating combat. Rally Defense Grants Def+4 to an adjacent ally until the end of the turn.

Wings of Mercy 3 Enables unit to warp adjacent to any ally with HP &#8804; 50%. Hone Speed 3 Grants adjacent allies Spd+4 through their next actions at the start of each turn.

Ninferno

Now it's confusing for what counts as equipped skills because that could be anything.

I think your original understanding is correct and it is what the update was meant to be. I would say that 4 4* score is most likely a bug as people reported nothing they change, from heavily SIed 5* to vanilla 4* did anything to their score. There is no way this is what the developer intended. I hope they fix this on their sever-side if possible in the daily reset in about an hour and a half.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hero Merit is not something I can see my self farming, it accumulates far to slowly. At best its going to be minor bonus for my arena team.

ggx2ac

It's definitely way easier now to level up lower rarity characters. I'm getting full level ups in one go even against enemies lower level than me.

Theosmeo

So for that weird bow... who would it work well on, someone with good speed bad durability probably... maybe that's faye though

Also that no doubling for opponents with higher speed skill..... whuuuuu

ggx2ac

It's nice that I don't have to use up stamina during the middle of the day since it will now take up to 8 and a ¼ hours to refill the whole bar.

Hmm.

Whether I care about hero merit depends largely on whether you need to earn 500 merit on a single hero in order to get feathers, or you get them every time your total merit passes a multiple of 500. I'm not entirely&#8203; sure which it is yet, someone get to 500 total and let us know, posthaste!

Roman

Okay this is getting seriously uncanny. So far I have pulled exactly two focus units of the color I was pulling on each of the three banners - 2x Minerva, 2x Effie, 2x Spring Lucina, but Camilla only once. I almost thought I broke the combo but kept pulling green on this banner to get either Chrom or with tiny hopes maybe a Hector.

Nope, the balance had to be restored. This was my first pull today.

Ninferno

Wow, 15 days to grind Subaki up to defeat 5 lv35 enemies, better get to work now. lol

I have trained and used Cecelia for last month's 10th Stratum quest so she's not an issue though.

Cerium

4680. Lost one unit to Horse Emblem.

So I can definitely break 4700 on a perfect run.

Gotta say, the difficulty definitely took a step up. Merged characters can throw off all the usual calculations. I have to actually think now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom