• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled one last time on this banner praying for Lucina.

Got a second Bunny Chrom(who I'll feed to my near max level Bunny Chrom), 4* Lachesis, Bartre, Serra AND ANOTHER FUCKING CECILIA. GO AWAY NOBODY LOVES YOU STOP SHOWING UP IN EVERY SINGLE ROLL I DO I HAVE FUCKING TEN OF YOU.

Mupod

Swap spaces before battle start is great. It's good that your characters get buffed again after the placement.

To clarify, does this mean that if I've got a character next to Olivia in my lineup, then shift the starting position so they are next to Sharena, do they get both attack and defense up for the first turn? Or just that the buffs get applied based on the final positioning? Not that big of a deal, but I've been leading off a lot of my matches by repositioning Hector into range of a caster or archer on turn 1 and having an extra buff would be great.

Clearly, they're building towards QR3 for even more QR'ing! ...Not that the difference between QR2 and QR3 is much.

Build #1: Gronnraven+ and Triangle Adept. Can be a great support unit to a Flier Emblem comp as she'll be able to take on archers with (relative) safety and without the need for Iote's Shield, though you could plug her into any comp and expect her to do her job.

Build #2: Gronnblade+ and Death Blow for the hardest-hitting green mage in the game, capable of ending reds in one shot. -Atk doesn't really hurt her much since she'll still be the hardest hitter (albeit now tied with Cecilia). Requires Flier Emblem support.

-

Build #2's the generally preferred one, but you should build based on what's available to you. Notably, if you don't have Hinoka for Hone Fliers (I hope you pulled her last week!), Build #2 isn't worth attempting.
Yea I was thinking of build #1. Iote shield would be better then adept no?

Sushen

Got a second Bunny Chrom(who I'll feed to my near max level Bunny Chrom), 4* Lachesis, Bartre, Serra AND ANOTHER FUCKING CECILIA. GO AWAY NOBODY LOVES YOU STOP SHOWING UP IN EVERY SINGLE ROLL I DO I HAVE FUCKING TEN OF YOU.
I'm sorry but this post saved me orbs after reading I've got Bunnicina posts.

Yea I was thinking of build #1. Iote shield would be better then adept no?

Don't see the value, personally. TA affords her much more firepower against archers (Read: -Atk Camilla can OHKO Takumi with it). If she loses the ability to OHKO, she's almost guaranteed to take two hits in return, off-setting any defensive value Iote's Shield had while leaving you with one extra enemy that could've been cleaned up on enemy phase.

Mupod

The highest amount of hero merit I have on a character is 187. This is ridiculously long for grinding.

It resets, you don't keep the previous buffs.

Makes sense - would expect it to be a bug to be fixed otherwise.

Hero merit is a long grind but I look at it this way, if it'd been in on day 1 I'd have several capped out characters and another 10-12k feathers at least. It's something that'll just happen if I keep at it.

For now I'm just getting some mileage out of my two 4* 40 Camillas and bringing them along when I farm SP on Linde or level up new characters.

I'm sorry but this post saved me orbs after reading I've got Bunnicina posts.

I fell hard into this trap a week ago when a couple of people were posting about getting Hector. Was like green is good to pull on right now with the Minerva banner so let's go....5* Beruka was the only 5* I got.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Tried to pull for Bunnila with the free orbs and got nothing. Oh well, I guess Flyer Emblem isn't for me.

Happy with the other updates, though.

StAidan

The Spring banner was the first one to treat me really well, I had super rotten luck on everything before that. My only 5* had been Ephraim, Catria, and Hinoka, along with a Tharja that I'd promoted myself.

The Spring banner gave me three(!) Bunnicinas, Bunny Chrom, Bunnilla, another Tharja (better than my first), Hector, regular Camilla, and Sheena. I feel like I'm swimming in team options now compared to my first 2 months of playing.

ggx2ac

It's annoyingly harder getting into the top 1000 rank because of how much variance there is in the offense points you earn.

One match I earned 702 points, the next one gave only 678.

Akuun

I don't mind the Subakis so much because more Quick Riposte fodder is always good. But I do have a pile of Niles and I have no idea what to do with him.

Weebos

Banned
My arena runs got easier and I'm getting more points from them now.

I'll have to see how the rankings change, I assume 4k+ scores will be a lot more common.

Whizkid7

Replace Cecilia with Nino and you get my luck. I DONT NEED YOU NINO, I HAVE LIKE SEVEN OF YOU ALREADY PLUS I HAVE BUNNYMILLA NOW YOUR USE TO ME NO LONGER EXISTS.

At least I got another Selena for Threaten Speed.

_Legacy_

Burned a couple of dueling swords and got a near flawless run. Still managed to get a career-high score of 4674. Loving this new patch.

Don't see the value, personally. TA affords her much more firepower against archers (Read: -Atk Camilla can OHKO Takumi with it). If she loses the ability to OHKO, she's almost guaranteed to take two hits in return, off-setting any defensive value Iote's Shield had while leaving you with one extra enemy that could've been cleaned up on enemy phase.
Thats nice to know! Thanks for the tip!

kewlmyc

Yep, Arena is definitely harder for me. Keep running into nothing but Hector's and other dancer/singers. And it keeps giving me the bridge map for some reason.

_Legacy_

Yep, Arena is definitely harder for me. Keep running into nothing but Hector's and other dancer/singers. And it keeps giving me the bridge map for some reason.

Same here, I've played the bride map quite a few times games today. Mostly Hectors as well, luckily I can take him out with my Nino with desperation but I'm reliant on her dropping below 50% hp first.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Got a +Spd -Res Bunny Lucina with the 20 free orbs! Also a 4* Palla and other stuff... But now I have a good blue mage.

Getting way more points for the same arena team, which I'm not complaining about.

Mupod

I hope I see a lot of Hector. Even Linde can take him out once desperation is up, to say nothing of Lucina and bonus unit guest star Selena. It's the Ninan+casters and +8 Eldigan bullshit I'm hoping is gone or at least less common.

Got a +Spd -Res Bunny Lucina with the 20 free orbs! Also a 4* Palla and other stuff... But now I have a good blue mage.

Getting way more points for the same arena team, which I'm not complaining about.

Same nature as my Bunnicina. Blarblade+ and desparation 3 are totally worth the investment. She'll earn SP effortlessly.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

It's interesting how some of us are having easier arena runs and others are having harder. I'm guessing that's because certain counters to our teams operate at certain arena ranges. Like, in my entire run, I saw 0 Ninos/mages but far, far more red swords which just bounce off of my Nowi.

Akuun

I find my arena runs have gotten easier too. Composition-wise they seem about the same, but I'm seeing a lot less SI skills in those characters. Less teams packed full of Fury and Vantage. I used to constantly run into dragons or Eirikas with Fury+Swordbreaker for example, to the point where I put Swordbreaker on my Lucina purely to counter enemy swordbreakers. I haven't run into whale teams full of merged units either, though admittedly those are rare anyway.

Finished my 1-death run at around 4500. Will try again later and see if I can get a no-death run.

I also just took 5* Effie to 40 and her level 40 dialogue was pretty funny. Everyone else is like "blah blah you have my loyalty" and Effie's like "hey man, thanks for the sandwich."

Draxal

Arena has been ten times easier for me. Haven't faced any of the really annoying comps and went fourteen in a row with zero deaths.

_Legacy_

It's interesting how some of us are having easier arena runs and others are having harder. I'm guessing that's because certain counters to our teams operate at certain arena ranges. Like, in my entire run, I saw 0 Ninos/mages but far, far more red swords which just bounce off of my Nowi.

That's incredibly lucky, do you have a full 5* team?

PK Gaming

Arena is WAY easier for me now that I can change unit placements

I'm being matched up with +4-5 units and I don't even care

Let's get it

IceMarker

All of these changes are simply wonderful, IS an Nintendo have been very generous to F2P players and I hope they are rewarded for it from the whales or in people willing to dip their toes into the pool.

Alright, I've levelled soft-hitters before (#BuffHealers), but Subaki and Niles are pushing it. Sophia's shot up ten tiers in my list for at least beating these jokers. >:[

Arena's been somewhat harder for me difficulty-wise. My team of Elise, Cecilia, 4* Abel, and 4* Alfonse used to run into enemies in the mid-30s but now I'm running into all Lv. 40s w/ some inheritance.

MildSoss

Finally cracked the top 1,000 for the first time ever with a team of Nino, Bunny Lucina, Ninian and Takumi. Loving the new changes.

#TeamNino have room for one more?

C9OcU-uU0AA4tY0.jpg

It was time to put those feathers to use.

kewlmyc

Same here, I've played the bride map quite a few times games today. Mostly Hectors as well, luckily I can take him out with my Nino with desperation but I'm reliant on her dropping below 50% hp first.

Yeah, I'm running a Nino/Eirika/Azura death squad, so my easy arena kills are finally catching up to me. I'm still not actually losing, but it's way harder to get perfect wins. As Legacy said, the main issue is getting Nino down to Desperation levels to finish Hector off in one round. That and I lose at least one unit in the bridge map guaranteed.

Arena is WAY easier for me now that I can change unit placements

I'm being matched up with +4-5 units and I don't even care

Let's get it

Curious what your team is.

Mupod

Alright, I've levelled soft-hitters before (#BuffHealers), but Subaki and Niles are pushing it. Sophia's shot up ten tiers in my list for at least beating these jokers. >:[

Arena's been somewhat harder for me difficulty-wise. My team of Elise, Cecilia, 4* Abel, and 4* Alfonse used to run into enemies in the mid-30s but now I'm running into all Lv. 40s w/ some inheritance.

Subaki is actually very good if you keep him in his niche, he will deal with any red sword and usually come out taking 0 damage allowing him to maintain quick riposte. I leveled him for grand hero battles but it was nice having him around for this.

I just leveled Sophia to 20-ish and she had literally 2 speed until she was like level 10...

Draxal

Tbh, I think the real reason arena is easier is that I can swap units around.

It makes it so I can force a Reinhardt plus Dancer to attack Julia on first turn.

Subaki is actually very good if you keep him in his niche, he will deal with any red sword and usually come out taking 0 damage allowing him to maintain quick riposte. I leveled him for grand hero battles but it was nice having him around for this.

idk, he did like 5 damage to a swordsman despite his Sapphire Lance. >.> Granted, a) I'm still in the midst of levelling; shit level-ups do happen, b) he didn't learn Quick Riposte, and c) the triangle becomes much more severe as you level up.

I'm just a bit used to things getting hit hard, I suppose, since I use a TA'd and buffed Cecilia.

Niles: Already had a 4* one. He's super weak.
Stahl: Already had a 3* one trained up.
Sophia: Already had a 3* one trained up.
Tsubaki: Already had a 4* one.
Cecilia: I am already one with Horse Emblem.

redcrayon

All of these changes are simply wonderful, IS an Nintendo have been very generous to F2P players and I hope they are rewarded for it from the whales or in people willing to dip their toes into the pool.
FE Echoes will probably have a lot of players moving back and forth.

Mupod

If I was Nintendo and also Satan I'd do a cross-promotion like you get a free 5* Alm or something if you have both Echoes and FE Heroes registered in mynintendo.

MANUELF

Banned
Im really liking Horse Emblem, liked it so much that I 5* Eliwood and he is so awesome with a 51 Attack and over 30 SPD he doubles almost everyone so far, he is level 34

Ekid

If I was Nintendo and also Satan I'd do a cross-promotion like you get a free 5* Alm or something if you have both Echoes and FE Heroes registered in mynintendo.

It should have been a no brainer to do some cross promotion between the games.
Like offering some orbs/characters to people buying Echoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom