• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
C9MgIxTV0AEWt8g.jpg

Well this was pleasantly unexpected, SPECIALLY because she's not -atk like Camilla or the last 5 or so 5*s I've pulled.

Gonna turn her into a magical nuke.

champloo

Did 3 Arena battles. First two matches were both worth 666 points against pretty easy opponents without any inheritance. The last matchup however, was against some team with a score of 684, the difference being this team had skills fully equipped.

Arena has become a lot more difficult for me. Lost all 3 rounds (might just be terrible maps picked, 2 bridge and 1 lava). If this keeps up I might have to move down to intermediate just to keep a streak going.

New arena seems to have 670+ for advanced no matter what I do. Definitely noticing much better units than when I was getting 630. Took a few casualties but managed 4540

Really don't have a way to deal with Reinhardt/Linde. Best I can do for Reinhardt is let Michalis eat it and hope no one else is around to kill him after he takes out Rein. Then with Linde I gotta have Lucina eat the hit with Michalis in the rear since she doesn't get doubled then have Michalis come up and finish off Linde. In both cases I wind up with a character practically dead. Otherwise I seem to get on fine in arena. Only thing that surprises me is Kagero with a dancer on the first turn.

Did another pull and it was butt cheeks.

Cerium

Got my Subaki to level 30 in one shot. I could get the seal with a stamina potion but I'm in no rush.

Put the HP+3 seal on Eirika and now she can maintain Swordbreaker after an engagement with your average Lucina or Ryoma. Very handy.

ggx2ac

That last update definitely makes it take longer to switch teams.

When I go to edit teams and switch to a different team, it lags each time. It never gets faster if I scroll through them all.

Edit: This only doesn't become a problem when it's sorted by Origin. If I have it sorted by Rating, Rarity, Level etc it lags.

Got the HP+3 seal, ATK+1 seal, and the 5 orbs, now I just have to level Subaki for the SPD+1 skill. As for the free units, the only one I didn't have was Niles, so I'm really in no rush to grab everything.

redcrayon

Always good to see characters bringing new skills rather than a mix of old ones with just different stat distribution. Adds so many options for new setups with inheritance, it's funny to see how much the meta has changed since launch and how many different team setups are now proving more viable. I quite like that new archer skill of no counters for user or enemy. That combined with a dancer and a big hitter is going to have all kinds of nastiness based around it, particularly as an effective counter for people who have put a lot of effort into building Takumi/Hector/Ryoma with all-range counters and Vantage.

redcrayon

Got the HP+3 seal, ATK+1 seal, and the 5 orbs, now I just have to level Subaki for the SPD+1 skill. As for the free units, the only one I didn't have was Niles, so I'm really in no rush to grab everything.
I've been trying to get kills with Niles, even against units of a similar level he feels really weak, not even one-round-killing some fliers. Maybe I just don't use 3* units often (I tend to promote the good ones quickly) so he's weak in comparison to most of my other units.

kulapik

So youre telling me I have to level up Sophia, one of the most useless characters, to level 20. Fuck. At least they give you one.

Ninferno

So youre telling me I have to level up Sophia, one of the most useless characters, to level 20.

Which takes 10 minutes at most?

The quests that require beating lv35+ are more annoying, but then again, Subaki and Cecilia are semi-decent units generally, and very good units in some specific usage. If you are not in a hurry and spread the grinding work through out 2 weeks then it shouldn't be too much pain in the ass.

redcrayon

Which takes 10 minutes at most?

The quests that require beating lv35+ are more annoying, but then again, Subaki and Cecilia are semi-decent units generally, and very good units in some specific usage. If you are not in a hurry and spread the grinding work through out 2 weeks then it shouldn't be too much pain in the ass.

I quite like the way the quests encourage you to develop a varied roster of strong characters rather than just focus on an arena team of stone-cold killers.

ggx2ac

Finished all the Seal quests.

I didn't even need to get a character to level 35.

I had a level 21 subaki finish his quest thanks to Minerva and Hinoka.

woopWOOP

Ohhh, I see an Echoes related update is coming. Guess I'll be saving up my orbs for now

S-skills being temp equips to help crutch to lower level units is pretty neat, tho I don't really like the extra prep time it gives me to make the perfect team before selecting a mission, lol

I've been trying to get kills with Niles, even against units of a similar level he feels really weak, not even one-round-killing some fliers. Maybe I just don't use 3* units often (I tend to promote the good ones quickly) so he's weak in comparison to most of my other units.
Whenever I want to train/get kills with a unit, I run with a team of Olivia/Sharena/Maria/Unit I Want to Train. It's worked pretty well for quick leveling.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

After getting three Eggcinas at the start of the event, I was feeling pretty sour about this banner. (I want dudes.) But after the 20 orbs we got today I said I'd try 5 more blue stones. This Xander was actually the sixth blue stone, but I went for it because there were two in the session. So happy I got a bunny man.

Worth five staring my +atk -res Tharja? I was thinking of pairing her with Hone Spd 3/rally defense Ephraim and Hone Attack 3 on my Bunny Chrom for buffs to Rauroblade+.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thanks for the free stones.
Just pulled Easter Xander and Bunny Lucina with three pulls.... Gotta love it

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

After getting three Eggcinas at the start of the event, I was feeling pretty sour about this banner. (I want dudes.) But after the 20 orbs we got today I said I'd try 5 more blue stones. This Xander was actually the sixth blue stone, but I went for it because there were two in the session. So happy I got a bunny man.

Lucky!!! I've had really crappy pulls since this game came out. I really want Xander, especially Bunny Xander but unfortunately that will not happen before the event ends. :(

Lucky!!! I've had really crappy pulls since this game came out. I really want Xander, especially Bunny Xander but unfortunately that will not happen before the event ends. :(
Thanks! I spent way more orbs on this banner than I should have though. It worked out this time but I definitely need to be more frugal moving forward.

I'm sure your luck will turn around soon. And regular Xander is going to be a Grand Battle unit in the nearish future, so at least you'll have that to work towards. I just hope the inevitable summer units are a bit more balanced when it comes to design and viability across the genders.

Mupod

Wouldn't recommend it. You need 120 orbs for a guranteed 5 star pull.

I lol'd but then I remembered the 300 I burned on Blazing Shadows and cried.

I think you got some wires crossed somewhere because it's 120 hero pulls, not 120 orbs.

Anyways, don't spend money expecting you'll get something unless you're prepared to go full whale. Kick some money in if you feel like you want to support the game but even if you're at 5.00% appearance rate, don't assume that another 30 bucks will guarantee you that 5 star. Because oh man does it ever feel bad when you don't get it.

Bovine

Neo Member
I'm fortunate enough to have gotten/bought all the spring units, so I'm going to save my orbs. Bit disappointed that Celica isn't going to be in the upcoming banner though.

Mupod

I got none of the spring units and I don't really care. Even though I have no attachment to Echoes I badly need to pull on red for a bit for some potential Fury/Triangle Adept fodder at least. Best case scenario I get an arena bonus unit for a couple weeks or one of those weird new skills they datamined.

Haven't had much time to play but I already got two seals. Subaki is very good at his one job, as always. Gotta level Sophia a bit but that'll take no time. Put HP+3 on Hector (everyone else has Fury and he's -HP) and Speed+1 on Linde. 1 extra speed on her will make a huge difference as a lot of dangerous units top out at 39, and with the hone speed buff I put on Hector she'll hit 44 now.

Did one arena match and was very happy to see no merged units or dancers for the first time in a while. Here's hoping that holds up.

StayDead

I lol'd but then I remembered the 300 I burned on Blazing Shadows and cried.

I think you got some wires crossed somewhere because it's 120 hero pulls, not 120 orbs.

Anyways, don't spend money expecting you'll get something unless you're prepared to go full whale. Kick some money in if you feel like you want to support the game but even if you're at 5.00% appearance rate, don't assume that another 30 bucks will guarantee you that 5 star. Because oh man does it ever feel bad when you don't get it.

I want to support the game, but I'll be dissappointed if i never get that cute as hell Lucina.

"I don't read weapon descriptions, and I don't need to!"

Clearly, they're building towards QR3 for even more QR'ing! ...Not that the difference between QR2 and QR3 is much.

What are the recommended skill set for Bunny Camilla? She is -Attk +Def but I still want to use her.

Build #1: Gronnraven+ and Triangle Adept. Can be a great support unit to a Flier Emblem comp as she'll be able to take on archers with (relative) safety and without the need for Iote's Shield, though you could plug her into any comp and expect her to do her job.

Build #2: Gronnblade+ and Death Blow for the hardest-hitting green mage in the game, capable of ending reds in one shot. -Atk doesn't really hurt her much since she'll still be the hardest hitter (albeit now tied with Cecilia). Requires Flier Emblem support.

-

Build #2's the generally preferred one, but you should build based on what's available to you. Notably, if you don't have Hinoka for Hone Fliers (I hope you pulled her last week!), Build #2 isn't worth attempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom