• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitoro

Nope! With a lot of gacha games the 5* you get from the gacha itself is just as powerful as if you were to get 3* and raise it to 5*. It just saves you a lot of resources.

Actually many gacha games do set their best units to only drop at 4* or 5*, and they're much better than the units that you can get at 3* that cap off at 4* or 5* by a significant margin.

Quonny

Yeah...

A 2*/3*/4* unit that can be upgraded to a 5* unit will rarely be as strong as a 'base' 5* unit. They want that gap there so people will spend the money for a chance to get them. If 2* units could eventually be as strong as base 5* units, a lot of the incentive to pull would be gone.

Could FE be different? Sure. But I wouldn't hold your breath.

Fireblend

Banned
So, since spending more orbs in a single session is more effective than spreading them out, am I supposed to hoard orbs forever until some day when I decide to use them all at once?

So, since spending more orbs in a single session is more effective than spreading them out, am I supposed to hoard orbs forever until some day when I decide to use them all at once?

Sounds correct to me.

This way you save a total of 5 orbs (1+1+1+2), which you could use to summon an extra hero.

Unless you want to pay of course, but even still, savings are savings.

Nightbird

You get the most out of your Orbs by spending 20 at once, so i'd say play for a while -> spend orbs -> play for a while

Quonny

Since you can only pull 5 times with this benefit, you would only need to hoard 5 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 3 = 20 orbs to take full advantage of it.

boiled goose

good with gravy
cool. Any word on whether we can earn platinum coins with this game?

Or is my nintendo doomed to be another random poorly integrated nintendo feature only for certain games?

boiled goose

good with gravy
Not yet, but you can earn coins via Super Mario Run and Miitomo, so I don't see why not.

The problem is the current implementation doesn't seem very scale able. A new coin category for every new game??

It's hilarious that at this point Mobile Nintendo games are the best integrated online. They are the only ones with unified achievement and reward system (My Nintendo) and the only ones on an account system with proper digital content management (Play and App store). Oh, also the ones with friend lists that can import from social media. The fact that miitomo and SMR have separate lists though is baffling.

I'm pretty bad at sticking to mobile games, don't really enjoy that limited small pick up and play approach to digesting games, but I love FE and am pretty excited to see what we got here.

chrono01

Maybe the winner of the vote(s) will be gifted to all players upon logging into the game for the first time, no re-rolling needed!

...Now I really hope Tharja won, since it would save me so much time not having to re-roll for her.

hampig

Maybe the winner of the vote(s) will be gifted to all players upon logging into the game for the first time, no re-rolling needed!

...Now I really hope Tharja won, since it would save me so much time not having to re-roll for her.

That's probably the opposite of what would happen. They want the most desired character to be a carrot on a stick for your to keep playing.

Alkez

We can dream chrono, we can dream.

chrono01

That's probably the opposite of what would happen. They want the most desired character to be a carrot on a stick for your to keep playing.
What have we done!?

We can dream chrono, we can dream.
I mean, I'll re-roll hours for Tharja (days even!) if I need to, but having her in my Gift Box as soon as I start would be a welcome sight for sure.

So yes, let us both dream of the possibility, before this thing turns into a nightmare for us both and she gets a 1% drop-rate. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom