• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

How's the mission variety in this game? Is it all about routing or are there other objectives like defend/survive, escape, seize, etc?

Its extremely simple, kill everything so far. There is no permadeath but losing a character makes them lose whatever EXP they have gotten in the mission, so the objective of the game is still keeping your units alive.

Shengar

Are you characters all 3-4 stars?

I cleared the 5th stratum about a dozen times, starting when my characters were in the high teens.

You need to really pay attention to the color triangle. Range is also your friend. you can make units chase you until they are in a convenient place.

I might lose a character or two, but I have only been wiped once. Granted, things might be different with sub-par units.

Yeah, my main team only have Corrin as 4* units. The rest are 3*Niles, Sharena and Anna. The latter two as I observed is RNG screwed and can really dragged the whole squad down because they can't hold for themselves, even against enemy that they supposedly strong against. Corrin perfomed just as well as expected, but he can't soak up damage from 2 or 3 level 20 units at the same time, especially when blue mages comes into play.

I really should've swapped Sharena and Anna with someone else, but I really want to promote them to become 3* unit (already did with Anna).

kswiston

How's the mission variety in this game? Is it all about routing or are there other objectives like defend/survive, escape, seize, etc?

This is a gatcha phone game. It captures a lot of the Fire Emblem systems and aesthetics, but it's a super simplified version. You fight with 4 characters. The enemy has 3-5 characters (typically 4). You beat all the enemy units before they beat yours.

The only variety comes from the different map terrains, and the unit attribute combinations. Since you only have 4 characters, you can't take one of everything like regular Fire Emblem. Units are also fixed to a single weapon type.

mstevens

I think Maria has an AoE heal which seems pretty cool. I'm not familiar with either character. Has anyone used Maria or Serra with any success?

I'm kinda bummed that there is no account wide leveling system or stamina growth. That + the random stat thing is putting a damper on the whole thing, but not enough to stop playing. I'm looking forward to more concrete information and guides coming out.

I need to level up some alternate units (I hit that 9-2 wall that someone mentioned earlier because I'm mostly using swords). I'm assuming that the best way to level is the training grounds, but I haven't heard confirmation yet.

Quoting for new page visibility

Jims

Olivia strapped to a close-range counterattacking Takumi is sick.

Olivia is pretty cool in this game. It's refreshing having a Dancer with decent attack if she needs to lend a hand. Plus, she can learn Knock Back along with Sing, which gives her some nice spacing/rearrangement tools. She's been a nice support player for the cavaliers and fliers.

Biske

Learned that today too.

If they level up in battle, and they die, too bad. All lost. Gotta be careful when leveling units. But hey, at least it's not permadeath :)

Also: I need a healer. i can't seem to pull one. Bleh.

Son of a...

I didn't realize.

That really does explain a lot lol.

mikemandey

Anyone got Linde on the team? She seems pretty much one shotted every enemy but she's only a tier A character according to Altema. She makes my SS-tier heroes like Camilla and Fae practically do nothing.

kswiston

Quoting for new page visibility

Grinding the Training grounds is by far the best way right now, since everything is half stamina as a promotion. You can fight level 21-25 characters for 6 stamina a round. You can fight level 16-20 characters for 4 stamina a round.

So basically, if you have a full 50 stamina, you can get your team up into the level 20 range in one go. It helps to have the first castle upgrade or two (more if you want to pump stones into it, but I stopped at 40% for now).

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Does getting 4*s increase 5* rate during the same set of rolls as well? Like if I'm aiming for a red unit and my rate is at the base value, should I summon the red one last hoping for multiple 4*s before it?

kswiston

Yeah, my main team only have Corrin as 4* units. The rest are 3*Niles, Sharena and Anna. The latter two as I observed is RNG screwed and can really dragged the whole squad down because they can't hold for themselves, even against enemy that they supposedly strong against. Corrin perfomed just as well as expected, but he can't soak up damage from 2 or 3 level 20 units at the same time, especially when blue mages comes into play.

I really should've swapped Sharena and Anna with someone else, but I really want to promote them to become 3* unit (already did with Anna).

How many feathers does it take to go from 2-star to 3-star?

It's pretty fast to level new characters right now with the training grounds promo. have you only rolled the one time, or have you just had bad luck with drops?

Shinypogs

Sitting on 40+ orbs I will beat normal mode with the units from my first 2 5- pulls or i will die on this hill. only 3 parts of chapter 9 left. Merric I believe in you also level res damnit.

Shengar

How many feathers does it take to go from 2-star to 3-star?

It's pretty fast to level new characters right now with the training grounds promo. have you only rolled the one time, or have you just had bad luck with drops?

I don't make any reroll and goes with anything I get. I have 3 4* units at first roll, though mostly are swordsmen. I have one 5* unit now and it's Maria. I have every unit type with 4* except for the mages, which do caused a lot of headache.

Syntsui

These tier lists are all over the place with the rankings, which I guess is to be expected.

Anyway,I finally got time to do more rerolls for a better team. I'll keep my current one anyway and will only dump it if I pull some ridiculous good team composition.

Credo

Is anyone who's still rerolling having trouble downloading the data? In the past 10 minutes, my download has gone from about 10% every 30 seconds to 1% per 30. Just wondering if it's only me.

Ala Alba

So, I don't know if this has been brought up, but are level ups really random?

My situation: I was trying to get Alfonse from level 9 to 10, but I was being a little careless and he kept dying. I got that level 5 different times in 5 different battles, but he got the exact same stats each time (increases to everything but attack).

Thinking about it a little more, if level ups really are random, they (and base stats, I guess) seem to be the only RNG element in the game (gacha aside).

Shengar

My situation: I was trying to get Alfonse from level 9 to 10, but I was being a little careless and he kept dying. I got that level 5 different times in 5 different battles, but he got the exact same stats each time (increases to everything but attack).

Thinking about it a little more, if level ups really are random, they (and base stats, I guess) seem to be the only RNG element in the game (gacha aside).

Low star unit have terrible stat growth, and Alfonse in particular is the second worst among your starter units (Virion takes the crown). You need to baby him to level 20 and promote him 3* in order to make him more usable and reliable.

Kinsei

Banned

The level ups are random and they are determined once you pull the character.

Shun

Got myself double Lobster earlier.

Between Tiki, Ryoma, Leon, Marth, Elfie, Roy the only character I really want in the current pool of characters is Rinda, Elise, Abel, and Camilla.

I don't have any blue or green 5 stars and I would love to at least get Rinda, since she's the best option at blue and a great damage dealer...

The current blue characters I'm using is Est, Jaegen, and Odin. Green characters, Layven and Nino...

9b043ebd6c8c41ccb5d9487b8dc5930a.jpeg

A team of Ryoma/Tiki, Leon, Elise, and Rinda would be a pretty balanced team that covers most.

Shinypogs

I'm really tempted to pull but I know I have to save for the inevitable Valentines Day banner.
Wait do these types of games really do characters with special holiday outfits all the time? I know someone found some Christmas stuff but I figured that was for if the game had launched back then. You're telling me theres a chance of fae in bunny ears (cute kind not playboy bunny ).

Shun

Wait do these types of games really do characters with special holiday outfits all the time? I know someone found some Christmas stuff but I figured that was for if the game had launched back then. You're telling me theres a chance of fae in bunny ears (cute kind not playboy bunny ).

Yes.

Some games do Summer outfits, Halloween, and Christmas. Valentines/White too.

There will be plenty of those characters that can only be draw/roll during that week they're available.

It's what keeps people spending on the game, especially since most of the time limited characters end up being good and useful too.

Quonny

I just hope that whenever they release time limited characters they're 4* and 5*. 5* exclusive limited characters can suck it.

kswiston

Also, I wouldn't put too much faith in the tier lists yet.

Chrom always ends up being placed at the bottom of the tier lists that I look at, but my 5-star Chrom has the best stats on my team by far. Level 25 with a rating of 136 (39 HP, 42 atk, 21 spd, 22 def, 12 res). My 5-star Takumi and Camilla are both 16-17 rating points behind, even though they are just one level lower. Chrom also has two healing abilities, and a skill that boosts his def if he drops under 50% HP. Plus he destroys dragon units.

He's low tier on those lists, but he has by far the best survivability on my team, and typically destroys any physical unit. Even spear units, if I can hit first. The only thing I really have to watch out for are the blue mages. Blue knights are also a pain in the ass. Camilla handles those.

Shun

Anyone got any tips for 9-4? Sir Maskalot is just nuking me and even my ranged units don't stand a chance.

Get a green character with decent attack and high enough resist to tank his hits and bring a healer. The green enemy has abysmal magic resistances anyway so you'll be able to kill it fine.

Make the map your advantage by baiting them to come to you instead of you walking to them.

Make use of debuffs like speed/resistance debuffs and characters who have specific weapons like ones that do extra damage to mounted characters.

It's not that bad, especially since you can go take advantage of the bottleneck on the stage to limit their movement.

Chrom always ends up being placed at the bottom of the tier lists that I look at, but my 5-star Chrom has the best stats on my team by far. Level 25 with a rating of 136 (39 HP, 42 atk, 21 spd, 22 def, 12 res). My 5-star Takumi and Camilla are both 16-17 rating points behind, even then they are just one level lower. Chrom also has two healing abilities, and a skill that boosts his def if he drops under 50% HP. Plus he destroys dragon units.

He's low tier on those lists, but he has by far the best survivability on my team, and typically destroys any physical unit. Even spear units, if I can hit first. The only thing I really have to watch out for are the blue mages.

Rankings take into account for highest levels and PvP for party building.

When you cap out, it makes sense that characters with multi range counters, or Area of Effect heals and attacks, are ranked higher.

Leon, Ryoma, and Rinda are pretty much universally believed to be the best units because of their skills. Hector and Tiki too.

How the heck do you kill those big armored dudes in chapter 9? I'm managing with Takumi and Leo but they need a couple turns do it and the hit like a boss. Lyn does legit 0 damage

Shun

I just hope that whenever they release time limited characters they're 4* and 5*. 5* exclusive limited characters can suck it.

4 star, 5 star, doesn't matter as long as they have outstanding skills and growths.

Just spend 20,000 feathers to bring them up to par.

How the heck do you kill those big armored dudes in chapter 9? I'm managing with Takumi and Leo but they need a couple turns do it and the hit like a boss. Lyn does legit 0 damage

Magic on element. Characters with Armorslayer.

lt519

Fuck this is going to be addicting. Almost prefer the simplicity over the 30-40 minute long slug fests in a real FE game. So far story is super easy, wish you could jump straight to hard instead of having to beat normal first.

Edit: What's the benefit of adding friends in this?

Shinypogs

Magic, debuffs from knives and shuriken. Also watch your skill timing. You don't want to waste a skill proc on an attack that would kill an enemy anyways. I'm not finished 9 yet but this seems like the most tactically challenging the game has been so far. I imaging you could grind your way to victory with an unoptimal team too.

kswiston

Rankings take into account for highest levels and PvP for party building.

When you cap out, it makes sense that characters with multi range counters, or Area of Effect heals and attacks, are ranked higher.

Leon, Ryoma, and Rinda are pretty much universally believed to be the best units because of their skills. Hector and Tiki too.

None of that stuff is really up and running yet though. I know some people have their team of 40s up, but how many people have really had the chance to play around with the majority of these units to compare and contrast them after less than 48 hours?

I'm not saying Chrom is SS tier instead of B tier, or that the characters you name are going to tank in the tier list. But none of those lists have enough experience and data behind them yet. Especially with RNG adding variability to individual units.

PK Gaming

Chrom always ends up being placed at the bottom of the tier lists that I look at, but my 5-star Chrom has the best stats on my team by far. Level 25 with a rating of 136 (39 HP, 42 atk, 21 spd, 22 def, 12 res). My 5-star Takumi and Camilla are both 16-17 rating points behind, even though they are just one level lower. Chrom also has two healing abilities, and a skill that boosts his def if he drops under 50% HP. Plus he destroys dragon units.

He's low tier on those lists, but he has by far the best survivability on my team, and typically destroys any physical unit. Even spear units, if I can hit first. The only thing I really have to watch out for are the blue mages. Blue knights are also a pain in the ass. Camilla handles those.

Uh, if he's at the bottom of those tier lists that means he's still far above average haha. Check the scores next to their names; Chrom doesn't have one, but he's in the 8/10 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom