• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

when you get these kinds of stat boosts when you level up...

KaiWpwO.jpg

feels good man.

Just had that with Takumi. Pretty amusing.

Shinypogs

Yes.

Some games do Summer outfits, Halloween, and Christmas. Valentines/White too.

There will be plenty of those characters that can only be draw/roll during that week they're available.

It's what keeps people spending on the game, especially since most of the time limited characters end up being good and useful too.

I see, good to know. My birthdays not til march but I'll be 30 damn it . If I wanna treat myself a bit early who will judge me.

kswiston

Uh, if he's at the bottom of those tier lists that means he's still far above average haha. Check the scores next to their names; Chrom doesn't have one, but he's in the 8/10 range.

That particular list is giving every pullable 5-star character 8+/10

I think it is established the the 3-4* characters are typically not as good as the 4-5* or 5* only characters.

Maybe that will change when gathering 20k feathers to get a 3* to 5* is actually feasible, but a lot of those units have crappy weapons and unremarkable skills.

Magic, debuffs from knives and shuriken. Also watch your skill timing. You don't want to waste a skill proc on an attack that would kill an enemy anyways. I'm not finished 9 yet but this seems like the most tactically challenging the game has been so far. I imaging you could grind your way to victory with an unoptimal team too.

All stuff I don't have unfortunately. Guess I can grind out and overpower them

chrono01

Man, finally got my 5* and it's a Leo. Then I got a second 5* in the same set of summoning, and it was another Leo. Damn it.

Back to re-rolling. I just want my 5* waifu so I can start playing.

OceanBlue

Lol I guess I got lucky for 9-4. My team normally runs Nino and Catria so I could deal with masked guy. Glad playing cute characters paid off :)

mstevens

Man, finally got my 5* and it's a Leo. Then I got a second 5* in the same set of summoning, and it was another Leo. Damn it.

Good luck chrono! I'm glad you won't have a base 5* drought like in FFBE.

Spending tonight trying to level up a more diverse group of characters to supplement regular party. Still hating the random stats as Maria just got three 1 stat level ups and a 0 stat level up.

Cerium

Got a pull with 4 star Camilla, Est and Cordelia, and 3 star Gunter and Donnel.

Worth keeping? Or am I screwing myself over not getting a 5 star?

I mean you're not going to have any trouble playing and clearing content, but the reason everyone is rerolling is because it's a way to get a free 5* guaranteed which won't ever happen again.

What are you all doing after you clear the story, by the way? I don't really feel like rerunning the chapters, and I don't want to waste time training low-tier 3*s I can't even awaken, even if I like them - like Olivia and Corrin. (Seriously, 1850 more feathers!?)

Also wish I knew which 4*s were worth bothering with.

I just don't really want to waste stamina potions on grinding characters that I won't eventually use...

chrono01

Good luck chrono! I'm glad you won't have a base 5* drought like in FFBE.

Spending tonight trying to level up a more diverse group of characters to supplement regular party. Still hating the random stats as Maria just got three 1 stat level ups and a 0 stat level up.
Thanks man.

I've been re-rolling for about an hour and these were my first 5* characters, so I'm hoping I didn't blow all of my luck here. I'm aiming for Lucina preferably, but am fine with Lyn/Nowi/Tiki/Linde. Basically any female 5* base character. Here's hoping it doesn't take too long so I can begin playing.

mstevens

What are you all doing after you clear the story, by the way? I don't really feel like rerunning the chapters, and I don't want to waste time training low-tier 3*s I can't even awaken, even if I like them - like Olivia and Corrin. (Seriously, 1850 more feathers!?)

I just don't really want to waste stamina potions on grinding characters that I won't eventually use...

You should play it through again on hard for the orbs at least IMO.

OceanBlue

I feel like 1850 won't be that bad. Arena ends in two days and I'm probably going to get a bit less than 1k feathers from it. If they're weekly you could probably guarantee 1850 in two weeks.

20k is holy shit lol but I mean I guess it's easier than getting the rarest stuff in other gacha games.

kswiston

I pulled for the hell of it and just got an animated intro for a 3-star Robin...

The Gatcha version of WOW! It's nothing...

c-murph

Arena weeklies. Win 7 in a row against other players' teams.

You also get feathers by sending excess heroes home, and by adding friends.

So, avg around 1,500 a week if dedicated to game... in around three and a half months I'll be able to upgrade. WTF Nintendo.

Cerium

So, avg around 1,500 a week if dedicated to game... in around three and a half months I'll be able to upgrade. WTF Nintendo.

A poster earlier described farming heroes through summons to send home. He was halfway to 20k. You could always do that.

My team of 5* Robin, 4* Eliwood, 4* Gunter, 4* Beruka is deceiving.

Got 2 defense wins lol.

Although Kagero is an absurdly scary 4*. Effective against infantry is deadly. Might level her up and replace Beruka with Kagero. Kagero destroys anything thats not mounted.

Cerium

My team of 5* Robin, 4* Eliwood, 4* Gunter, 4* Beruka is deceiving.

Got 2 defense wins lol.

Although Kagero is an absurdly scary 4*. Effective against infantry is deadly. Might level her up and replace Beruka with Kagero. Kagero destroys anything thats not mounted.
My 5* Lyn, 5* Takumi, 4* Effie and 4* Olivia is undefeated.

Takumi is a fucking beast with Close Counter and Olivia gives him two attacks a turn. Goodnight.

Tendo

I don't have a "favorite" character to try for, just want some good units. Which of the two banners should I use? and is it better just to do the 17 then reset, or do the 3 missions and do a 20 pull?

kswiston

yeah, if you're willing to spend $60+....

Way more than that. If you were just selling 3-star characters, it would be 134 pulls to hit 20k feathers. With 4* characters, it would be 62 pulls. So, figure at least 100 if you are trashing all 3 and 4 star pulls. That's 400 orbs.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thanks man.

I've been re-rolling for about an hour and these were my first 5* characters, so I'm hoping I didn't blow all of my luck here. I'm aiming for Lucina preferably, but am fine with Lyn/Nowi/Tiki/Linde. Basically any female 5* base character. Here's hoping it doesn't take too long so I can begin playing.

No Tharja? Chrono pls

Are you insane Chrono?!?!?!? I've been rerolling for him for damn near 12 hours and haven't seen a single one! He's dubbed as one of the best unis in the game. Just want to confirm this is Leon, the caster guy on a horse.

chrono01

No Tharja? Chrono pls
I'm definitely hoping for her as a second upon getting one of the 5* I mentioned, but given that she's only a 4* rarity base (and my luck in FFBE), I'm settling for nothing less than a 5* base. I know this is my best way to get one, since I have terrible luck otherwise. :/

Are you insane Chrono?!?!?!? I've been rerolling for him for damn near 12 hours and haven't seen a single one!
Wait, he's good? I got no animation for his summon, so I figured he was just a 4* evolved to 5*.

kswiston

Wait, he's good? I got no animation for his summon, so I figured he was just a 4* evolved to 5*.

5* base characters

• Ryoma (Red)
  • Lyn (Red)
  • Lucina (Red)
  • Tiki: Dragon Scion
  • Leo (Red)
  • Azura (Blue)
  • Hinoka (Blue)
  • Linde (Blue)
  • Hector (Green)
  • Minerva (Green)
  • Takumi (Grey)
  • Elise (Grey)

Moonlight

Banned

I hope it goes better for you than it did for me.

14 hours cumulative reinstalling/rerolling

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've been trying to get a 5* Camilla and 5* Tharja account. I got the Camilla as the first pull along with Roy, so I figured Id grind a few orbs and try additional pulls:

3 5* Roys. Why, game?

3 5-orb pulls... still no 5 star characters. Just gimme 1, IS. Just one and I can start hoarding... Ugh.

Well, I'm still not through with the campaign, and I've got Jaegen, Tiki, and Tharja to level, so I guess I'll get to it.

Kakaroach

Has anyone else been using Azura? I get the feeling she will be a really good support unit with sing in the future. Kind of hard to clear content now though, think I need another 5 star to really make her shine.

mstevens

3 5-orb pulls... still no 5 star characters. Just gimme 1, IS. Just one and I can start hoarding... Ugh.

Well, I'm still not through with the campaign, and I've got Jaegen, Tiki, and Tharja to level, so I guess I'll get to it.

If you haven't already spent money, you might want to consider rerolling. Getting the first 4 pulls is really fast, you can do it until you get your 5*, and then you will get all those orbs from the first missions again to use later down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom