• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Wee-BeyOhhh.gif~c200
Trust me man, I feel horrible. I'll probably never get another 5* base, especially two in the same set of summons (even if they were duplicates of each other).

I really should research things before I re-roll...

Lyn. I eventually got her, but that was probably the worst time I've ever had rerolling for something. But Roy, Draug and Eliwood will probably haunt me forever.

I dented my Netflix queue at least.
Oh, you already got her. Nice, congrats!

Shinypogs

kinda wish the 'specials' could be saved or something. Kinda hard to depend on them. Just a nice 'perk'.
Think of them like the shield gauge in fates. You need to calculate when it will trigger and position units and choose attacks/targets based on that. Both for you and the enemy. You do not want to trigger an enemy xanders special with a ranged unit.

mstevens

Trust me man, I feel horrible. I'll probably never get another 5* base, especially two in the same set of summons (even if they were duplicates of each other).

While that was a good pull, your heart is set on one of the ladies. Don't let it get you down!

You'll be glad you did it once one of them pop.

I fucking love how the classic themes from the older games play as you go through the story.

Reached chapter 7 and when this theme played I got hit with such a wave of nostalgia that my hairs stood up and everything.

Oh, you already got her. Nice, congrats!

You will get more. It's just getting the ones that you want in a pair that's insanely hard to do. I've seen 5-6 Lyns, 5-6 Roy's, and Marth's today and other base 3 stars that rolled 5*. I've only seen one Takumi today, not a single Ryoma or Leo.

Shun

Way more than that. If you were just selling 3-star characters, it would be 134 pulls to hit 20k feathers. With 4* characters, it would be 62 pulls. So, figure at least 100 if you are trashing all 3 and 4 star pulls. That's 400 orbs.

yeah, if you're willing to spend $60+....

I only spent to get 150 orbs so far, and used the orbs I got from farming story too, which was a total of 110 orbs, before Lunatic.

I spent 240 of my orbs already rolling. That's 12, full 5 rolls.

You only need to reduce 33 4 star characters to get to 10,000.

I got pretty lucky with rolls and reduced my 5 star duplicates and 4 star characters I didn't need.

If you want proof here, 10,000 feathers.

0669ba72143b466fbf432cd60e61fa12.jpg

hitmon

What's your current strategy in re-rolling. Do you play through the tutorial until 20 orbs or do you just play to the first 15?

So, avg around 1,500 a week if dedicated to game... in around three and a half months I'll be able to upgrade. WTF Nintendo.

honestly, the game is really early, the devs may listen if the fanbase speaks out. Use the "feedback" function built into the game and be nice to the them.

I dont like it when people say that "You want everything handed to you" because that shuts down the argument before the discussion begins.

This DOES take an aggressively long time, especially when compared to other gacha games.That is complete absurdity considering the current economy; orbs are extremely limited. In return, you wont be rolling for characters as often (especially once the main game is finished), hence your major income of feathers is halted. It really is imbalanced for what you have, because then your characters are then stuck at low levels and you cannot progress without putting in money into the game. That's not a healthy gacha economy, and people should definitely voice their concern over it.

chrono01

While that was a good pull, your heart is set on one of the ladies. Don't let it get you down!

You'll be glad you did it once one of them pop.
Thanks, I'll keep at it!

...dammit, Chrono.
Honestly, this is pretty typical for me. I always make stupid decisions like this, and end up hating myself afterwards. :(

You will get more. It's just getting the ones that you want in a pair that's insanely hard to do. I've seen 5-6 Lyns, 5-6 Roy's, and Marth's today and other base 3 stars that rolled 5*. I've only seen one Takumi today, not a single Ryoma or Leo.
Before I make another mistake, can you even use dupes in the same team? If not, what purpose do duplicates serve?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm definitely hoping for her as a second upon getting one of the 5* I mentioned, but given that she's only a 4* rarity base (and my luck in FFBE), I'm settling for nothing less than a 5* base. I know this is my best way to get one, since I have terrible luck otherwise. :/

Are the 5* bases exclusive or something? Do they have dramatically better abilities at this point? There seem to be a lot of non-base 5* that people are considering very strong, albeit before the meta is formed.

hitmon

Thanks, I'll keep at it!

Honestly, this is pretty typical for me. I always make stupid decisions like this, and end up hating myself afterwards. :(

Before I make another mistake, can you even use dupes in the same team? If not, what purpose do duplicates serve?

You can use dupes on the same team.

kswiston

I only spent to get 150 orbs so far, and used the orbs I got from farming story too, which was a total of 110 orbs, before Lunatic.

I got pretty lucky with rolls and reduced my 5 star duplicates and 4 star characters I didn't need.

That doesn't exactly disprove what was said :p

150 orbs is $80.

That's $80 worth of orbs that you bought, plus the story orbs.

And you're only halfway to the 20k for one character...

Shun

That doesn't exactly disprove what was said :p

150 orbs is $80.

That's the same price of a Fire Emblem game + DLC. An investment if you play smartphone games for a majority of your gaming.

It's not even in the same realm as actual spenders.

Besides, the whole point is not to let the userbase power creep and get too strong before actual events and content comes out within the first 2 days.

20,000 isn't really that much if you're efficient with who you choose to use and keep.

The game itself gives you what, 160+ orbs for free? Not including the feathers you get ranking each month in Arena.

Jayhawk

What's your current strategy in re-rolling. Do you play through the tutorial until 20 orbs or do you just play to the first 15?

I created a macro for Nox emulator on my system that would play through the prologue for 20 orbs, including the 2 from mail. I ran multiple instances running the macro, but some instances would have hiccups from my ad-hoc macro. For those instances, I would just summon with just the 15+2 from mail. Took a night's worth of multiple instances rerolling before I got two base 5* from the start.

If somebody is rerolling for a very specific unit, just use the 15+2. You might be better off in being inefficient with your orbs and only doing 3 summons, by backing out after using all of the orbs with the colour you want.

I aimed for Lyn, passed up several 5* until this.

A6A1jtQ.png

Go and chase your dream.

After passing on Lyn last night and re-rolling probably 20+ times (if not more, I didn't count) I got Camilla. Linked that shit immediately. I believed in you who believed in me.

chrono01

Are the 5* bases exclusive or something? Do they have dramatically better abilities at this point? There seem to be a lot of non-base 5* that people are considering very strong, albeit before the meta is formed.
I'm not sure. I always re-roll for the highest possible tier when I begin gatcha games, so it's no different here. Plus, I like Lucina/Lyn/Tiki/etc. as characters, so there's also that.

People are guessing that 5* base characters might eventually receive 6* evolutions, but that's just theories at the moment.

You can use dupes on the same team.
Thanks, good to know!

Next time I see an arena team of two Leo, I will pause for a second and think that it could have been chrono01.
That's funny. Each time I see that, I'll cry to myself.

Can I have those Leo.
I would if I had the foresight to link it to a dummy My Nintendo account. :(

Kayma

Finally got a 5* Robin and a 4* Camilla. Not my favorites, but they'll have to do.

If you guys still have room, feel free to add!

Mirand

Breezed through the story missions. I'm still way burned out from playing through all three Fates versions in a row last year. Probably not going to return to Heroes very often.

Lost my second account to that 803-3001 error and it had 5* Lyn, Camilla, and Raven too damn. I rerolled and got Ryoma so I'll probably stop being indecisive now and just link an account but I really wished I had a second 5*.

mstevens

Another 4 one stat level ups in a row. Will definitely not play this game long term if there is no way to max stats eventually.

Shinypogs

I just can't beat 9-5. Veronica wrecks my entire team even merric can't fight her since he has garbage res and while niles has good res he can't dmg her or any unit but the mages. I think I have to grind up a raigh for his horse slaying skill and to get weapon triangle on veronica.

Totakeke

Camilla isn't a tank in this game. Her skills are based around her initiating attacks, and she's very squishy defending with low SPD.

Mine has 18 def and 19 res on level 21. She's definitely a tank. Plus low spd let's her charge up specials even faster.

mstevens

I'm not familiar with many Fire Emblem games besides Awakening. How many really great characters are missing from the pull list? I know Ike isn't there but any others?

chrono01

2x 5* Leo is insane AOE though.
I had no idea he was as good as he is, otherwise I probably would have kept the account. :(

That being said, personally I'd rather re-roll for a character I feel a personal attachment towards, and not just for tier. So yeah, no regrets! At least, that's what I keep telling myself. >_<

ggx2ac

Yesssss.

This is the third time now that I got a 5* character from a single pull. (As in, only had 5 orbs.)

First was Lyn, second was Fae, third is now Camilla.

C3zDaspUMAAfmz4.jpg

Technically Fae would've been more difficult because she's a 3% chance while the others were 6%.

FiraB

Banned
Camilla isn't a tank in this game. Her skills are based around her initiating attacks, and she's very squishy defending with low SPD.
Camilla isnt my tank. 5*Corrin is and she bearly takes damage on anything less then level 25 enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom