• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

2LH9NZH.png

Not mine of course...

I'm salty.

Biske

So my third pull, not a re-roller so this is the first Gold guy I've gotten.

And wow, they really are damn near flawless, can just tear through a map. Makes me glad actually I started off with normal guys, makes the game much more of a game.

chrono01

I need some input.

My latest re-roll got me the 5* Tiki (was aiming for Lucina, but Tiki was probably second to her) and 4* Corrin (Female) 4* Effie, 4* Gordin, and 3* Clarine. So yeah, not much else to it (Effie can go to 5*, apparently).

I've read Tiki can do AOE damage as well as heal. Is she a decent starter, or should I go back and continue trying for Lucina as well as more along with my starting pulls. Not going to lie, it's only been a few hours and I'm already getting tired of re-rolling...

Cerium

I need some input.

My latest re-roll got me the 5* Tiki (was aiming for Lucina, but Tiki was probably second to her) and 4* Corrin (Female) 4* Effie, 4* Gordin, and 3* Clarine. So yeah, not much else to it (Effie can go to 5*, apparently).

I've read Tiki can do AOE damage as well as heal. Is she a decent starter, or should I go back and continue trying for Lucina as well as more along with my starting pulls. Not going to lie, it's only been a few hours and I'm already getting tired of re-rolling...

Tiki is a very good starter. Dragons are always overpowered, first rule of Fire Emblem.

Caim

I need some input.

Tiki is a great starter, but be careful of characters that wield Falchion (Marth, Lucina, etc.) or she'll get destroyed.

chrono01

Tiki is a very good starter. Dragons are always overpowered, first rule of Fire Emblem.
Thanks, I might just go ahead with this one and hope I get some better pulls in the future. I don't want to aim for too much just starting out, as my initial goal was one of the 5* base on my list (Lucina/Tiki/Lyn/etc.) and that was it. Now that I have one, I'm feeling greedy (especially after seeing some pulls here).

In any case, I think I'm content. Shame the Female Corrin doesn't go to 5* though, what's with that!?

Tiki is a great starter, but be careful of characters that wield Falchion (Marth, Lucina, etc.) or she'll get destroyed.
Thanks, I'll have to be careful of that.

I'm kind of happy that she doubles as a pseudo-healer later on. Should give her versatility in multiple teams.

mstevens

I need some input.

I have Tiki and she is great (the 5* version at least). I say keep her if she was your second choice.

chrono01

I have Tiki and she is great (the 5* version at least). I say keep her if she was your second choice.
She was tied with Lyn as my second choice, when it came to 5* base characters. So yeah, she was on my list for sure (mostly for the versatility, as I mentioned earlier).

Well, time to play this thing, I guess!

Shinypogs

Good job Raigh you leveled so trash you can no longer do damage except to units you don't get exp from. Guess who is retiring to a nice farm shortly. On the other hand Donnell surprising good thus far and worth leveling up.

Since the tablet I was playing on is being used by a housemates mom for the weekend I need some help. Can I play on an android emulator and carry my progress over as long as I link my nintendo id the same as I did on the tablet? If so how do I set that up, which programs do I use and is there any risk?

http://imgur.com/a/yu521
My very first pull yesterday, everyone but raigh turned out good and has contributed to the run thus far.

http://imgur.com/a/b2pQM
my only 5* for the foreseeable future.
http://imgur.com/a/yKs97
best ninja is also here for good times

Jayhawk

If anybody is satisfied with a single specific base 5*, I am doing rerolls on two emulator instances using macro out of boredom. If you're fine with sharing your Nintendo account details with a temporary password you can change after, we can PM each other details to link a reroll with your account.

If anybody is satisfied with a single specific base 5*, I am doing rerolls on two emulator instances using macro out of boredom. If you're fine with sharing your Nintendo account details with a temporary password you can change after, we can PM each other details to link a reroll with your account.

I was thinking of running two but I did not want to start thinking I was going crazy... Maybe I will! Reason I do this is because I don't really have time to play these days. Working on papers while it rerolls in the background. Do you need two different emulator or you can run two Nox or something?

Jims

Starting to reach the point of fishing for green summons. Have done two full rounds of summons and Anna is still my only green unit. Paid the first 5 to do a third round and got no green again, so I backed out. 4* Catria, not horrible. Am unsure if I should just fish for only green for awhile (potentially orb expensive) or just wait until at least 2-3 greens appear and then do a whole set.

This game plays way differently when running both a healer and a dancer. The game doesn't seem optimized at all for a more finesse setup but it's at least more mentally stimulating than just plowing through with offense. The game will probably punish this strategy soon.

ggx2ac

I managed to get 10 Great Transparent Badges from the training tower. (168 normal ones...)

I guess I don't need to rush anyway since I'd need 20k feathers to get a 4* to 5*.

kswiston

I don't get how you're not shitting yourself over getting 4 5* characters in a row, especially that you know about rerolling.

Just getting four 5-star characters (chance at doubles included) in a single 5-char pull is 1 in 16.4k odds.

He's claiming 4 base 5-star characters in a single (starting) pull.

Lyn and Takumi are on the banner. The other two aren't. In each pull, you have a 3% chance of pulling a banner character, and a 0.95% chance of pulling a base 5-star character (12/38 * 3%)

So assume 2 banner characters, 2 base 5 characters, and 1 other (96% chance)

It's too late for me to do the math, but the odds are low enough that I just assume joke/troll post. Some of those amazing Reddit pulls (like the one with 4 five stars) could happen obviously, but the cynic in me things they were just photoshopped. It would be easy enough to do with the thousands of pull screenshots people are taking.

4/4 five stars like the post above is 1 in 77k, and those odds are not for unique 5 stars.

Jayhawk

I was thinking of running two but I did not want to start thinking I was going crazy... Maybe I will! Reason I do this is because I don't really have time to play these days. Working on papers while it rerolls in the background. Do you need two different emulator or you can run two Nox or something?

In Nox, hit the mutliplayer button. Pause/stop Nox while the multiple instance window is open. With this interface, copy your current instance to as many instances you want to run. Then launch each instance.

Just getting four 5-star characters in a single 5-char pull is 1 in 16.4k odds.

He's claiming 4 base 5-star characters in a single (starting) pull.

Lyn and Takumi are on the banner. The other two aren't. In each pull, you have a 3% chance of pulling a banner character, and a 0.95% chance of pulling a base 5-star character (12/38 * 3%)

So assume 2 banner characters, 2 base 5 characters, and 1 other (96% chance)

It's too late for me to do the math, but the odds are low enough that I just assume joke/troll post. Some of those amazing Reddit pulls could happen obviously, but the cynic in me things they were just photoshopped. It would be easy enough to do with the thousands of pull screenshots people are taking.

The subreddit have close to 15k subscriber. Imagine everyone of them reroll once, you have 30 000 pulls right there. Everything can happen when you have a big enough userbase who are the type to post screenshots online.

In Nox, hit the mutliplayer button. Pause/stop Nox while the multiple instance window is open. With this interface, copy your current instance to as many instances you want to run. Then launch each instance.

Tomorrow will be fun! Thanks mate!

Acerac

Banned
These things you keep saying aren't actually the defense you think they are. I mean you're free to play/spend how you choose, but you should realize these things aren't going to align with the majority of the people playing.

80 dollars to have half the materials to add a star rating to one unit? I'd be a fool not to buy in!

Seik

Banned
I did, too. Which Tiki did you get the Awakening Tiki or the young Tiki? I got the Awakening Tiki. She's badass, man. Looks awesome, too.

I know there's two but IDK which one is which. :lol

You can see mine in the last post of the previous page, which one is mine?

mstevens

5* Tiki is young Tiki I believe.

My ID is 5536059835, user name 'Taliel' if anyone needs a friend!

Going through the training tower with a secondary team built around a healer now.

I'm doing the same thing right now, actually. Just sent you a request.

redcrayon

My ID is 5536059835, user name 'Taliel' if anyone needs a friend!

Going through the training tower with a secondary team built around a healer now.

EDarkness

That's little Tiki. I haven't gotten her yet. I wonder what the differences are. I got mine at 4* and she's badass. I can't even imagine the 5* version.

Shinypogs

Spend your SP, yo.

I'm hoarding it on Saizo because I want to upgrade him to a 5 star and see what new skills he can get then. I'm hoarding Merrics because... I dunno in hopes he'll get some new skills in a future update.

I'm bad at spending resources beyond a few basic perks. JRPGS have taught me there is always, always a bigger threat around the corner and if you'd just waited to craft a new weapon or piece of armour you'd be better prepared but noo you had to get the new shiny thing now and it's ineffective against the new issue.

Caim

I'm hoarding it on Saizo because I want to upgrade him to a 5 star and see what new skills he can get then. I'm hoarding Merrics because... I dunno in hopes he'll get some new skills in a future update.

I'm bad at spending resources beyond a few basic perks. JRPGS have taught me there is always, always a bigger threat around the corner and if you'd just waited to craft a new weapon or piece of armour you'd be better prepared but noo you had to get the new shiny thing now and it's ineffective against the new issue.

Open up his skill list from the profile screen and you can see all his skills up to 5*

Shinypogs

Open up his skill list from the profile screen and you can see all his skills up to 5*

Ooh I though it only showed what he could get now. I'm dumb and forgot I did once see 5* skills on some of my other weaker units skill lists. Ty for the heads up. Time to upgrade the fuck out of poison strike.

Still need to figure out how to play on pc temporarily though.

kswiston

The subreddit have close to 15k subscriber. Imagine everyone of them reroll once, you have 30 000 pulls right there. Everything can happen when you have a big enough userbase who are the type to post screenshots online.

Even then. It's not like there are a small amount of pull combinations.

That pull being quoted is the entire banner roster. you have a 3% chance of pulling a 5-star focus character. Since those characters also have a chance to drop as regular 5-star characters, the actual odds of getting a banner character is about 3.32%

There are 256 ways you can pull 4 repeatable characters randomly 4 times (4^4). Of those, 24 ways (4!) will consist of 4 unique characters (no doubles).

so, pulling 4 banner characters in a row with no doubles:

(0.0332^4)*(24/256) = 1 in 8.8 million odds if I didn't mess something up (it is 2am and time for bed)

Again, it is possible that 15k people pulling a bunch of times could legitimately get that as a pull. It's just not super probable. And the internet being the internet, I just assume people are lying :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom