• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutFox

Banned
Seems Dueling Swords refresh each day it seems...
So 3 free Arena Duels a day I guess?

More than enough to get the 7 straight victories... :p

Really enjoying the game so far...

Finally got myself a healer, phew. Lyn and Roy are just a bonus.

CzDsVLR.jpg

Cerium

Seems Dueling Swords refresh each day it seems...
So 3 free Arena Duels a day I guess?

More than enough to get the 7 straight victories... :p

Really enjoying the game so far...

You also get free Dueling Crests for logging in on weekends; these each give you 3 new Dueling Swords when you run out. It's quite a generous game for F2P.

ggx2ac

I got 2700 points from a 7-win streak in the arena. Seems I'm only ranked 20,353.

Do I have to wait until the season is over before I can go at it again? I remember losing a streak and when I started over it reset my score.

How do you beat heavily armored guys?

Magic or Dragons.

Cerium

How do you beat heavily armored guys?

Magic Damage (easiest option), Armorslayers (rare sword option), or just brute force it with your own armored dudes.

I got 2700 points from a 7-win streak in the arena. Seems I'm only ranked 20,353.

Do I have to wait until the season is over before I can go at it again? I remember losing a streak and when I started over it reset my score.
I think you can keep going as long as you got the Swords.

Pejo

Just beat normal story. They definitely step up the difficulty at the end there.

My true secret to success isn't my 5* Tiki, it's actually a 5* Jeorge I picked up on a random 5 pull. Archers with the right skills are absolutely overpowered in this game, I only wish I had pulled Takumi too. I could definitely see beating most content with a tanky swordsman (Lucina, Roy, etc), a horse healer, and 2 archers.

Still want a Lon'qu and Camilla though.

Cerium

I feel like around lvl 20s enemies hit hard.

Mages are super squishy and I feel like every enemy has high res.

I want a mage in my army because magic damage is a weak spot for me right now.

Takumi is doing the most heavy lifting on my team, with help from Olivia. He can kill almost anything in one turn with two moves.

chrono01

Man, there better be a way to fix the stat growths in this. Going through a couple of level-up's and only gaining a point or so in your stats is depressing, unless it all balances out eventually? Has anyone compared the max level of identical units yet? Unless, of course, it's too early to have a max level unit...

Cerium

Man, there better be a way to fix the stat growths in this. Going through a couple of level-up's and only gaining a point or so in your stats is depressing, unless it all balances out eventually? Has anyone compared the max level of identical units yet? Unless, of course, it's too early to have a max level unit...

My understanding is that your total stats will always balance out, but the distribution can differ.

Shun

I finally looked at Roy's skills in my party.

+20% damage if you're on advantage, but -20% on disadvantage. That sounds terrible.

That -20% isn't even worth the extra damage boost when you're going to be slaughtering green units anyway. -7 Defense debuff is good, and I guess the +2 Def/Res is helpful to make up for such a bad skill.

I don't know, maybe I should level him up to see how the calculations work in the battlefield. But just looking at that one skill and how deadly blue units are, especially Rinda, I can't help but not recommend Roy as a reroll or beginning character.

Maybe he'll get better over time, I'm not too hot on him.

Pejo

Magic or Dragons.

Man, I have ~2300 points and I'm rank 80,000+

Looks like I should have been farming the hardest one instead of going for that intermediate quest. Still, I can't believe that there's 80,000 people that have better scores than me. This has to be one server group, no way is that just US.

chrono01

My understanding is that your total stats will always balance out, but the distribution can differ.
Gotcha, that's fine then!

It wouldn't make sense if it didn't, since people are spending real money on these characters (well, some people are). To have a max level Lucina with another max level Lucina being several point stronger than it in PVP, wouldn't make sense. I know stats are random in a standard FE game, and will result in characters of the same name having differing stats at max level, but things are a little different here.

Shun

Taking a look back at Anna and Sharon skills, their upgrade seem good enough that I might spend my initial feathers bringing them to 4* and 5*.

Training them to that point will take a long time, but their skills make it seem worth the investment.

How does defence work in PvP?

It's hella stupid. It's based on the off chance someone selects your character in Arena under Normal/Hard/Lunatic and battles you.

You have no control over it and if someone doesn't pick you within the season, you don't get the extra hundred bonus feathers.

It's a huge oversight that should be changed.

ggx2ac

Now both my 5* Lyn and 5* Cordelia have Galeforce. The only downside is that it does take a while to activate (Has 5 cooldown.) I'm assuming it will at least be better with Cordelia since she uses a brave Lance.

Man, I have ~2300 points and I'm rank 80,000+

Looks like I should have been farming the hardest one instead of going for that intermediate quest. Still, I can't believe that there's 80,000 people that have better scores than me. This has to be one server group, no way is that just US.

I did all intermediate as well. I'm guessing you didn't use any of the characters that would increase your bonus score.

How does defence work in PvP?

I am guessing that is from people whom have lost to you.... Maybe?

Cerium

It's hella stupid. It's based on the off chance someone selects your character in Arena under Normal/Hard/Lunatic and battles you.

You have no control over it and if someone doesn't pick you within the season, you don't get the extra hundred bonus feathers.

It's a huge oversight that should be changed.

I wish they would add straight up PvP.

Although no one has cracked my defenses yet. Takumi too stronk.

chrono01

Getting close to having enough to do another five-pull. I could really use more units, but part of me is telling me to wait just in-case we get Valentine Day characters...

Oh wow, only just found out New Mystery of the Emblem characters were in this game. Thought it was only Shadow Dragon, 6, 7, Awakening and Fates up to now. Thanks!

I think Sheena is the only Mystery of the Emblem character in the game so far (not counting all the Shadow Dragon characters that come back in Mystery).

Cerium

Getting close to having enough to do another five-pull. I could really use more units, but part of me is telling me to wait just in-case we get Valentine Day characters...

If you're enjoying the game and spending a lot of time on it there's no harm in buying orbs.

Yui

Current banners are running until the 15th, which leads me to believe we won't get anything for Valentines Day, but you never know I guess.

chrono01

If you're enjoying the game and spending a lot of time on it there's no harm in buying orbs.
Oh I know, and I probably will. Just saying that I'd rather use whatever free in-game orbs are available first, before I open my wallet. :)

I'm hesitant to spend anything just yet, since I'm not 100% decided on my account. When I am, and I link everything, I have no issue whatsoever kicking a few dollars Nintendo's way every now and then to support the game.

Current banners are running until the 15th, which leads me to believe we won't get anything for Valentines Day, but you never know I guess.
Hmm, good call.

Granted, we could always have a third banner running alongside the two we have now, but that might clutter things. Plus, the game was just released, so it might take a while before we get these styles of events.

I'll keep grinding the story mode and see how things look.

Kevdo

I can't for the life of me figure out the nitty gritty of how the arena works, and it's super frustrating.

As far as I can tell your offense score is based off how far into the 7 wins you get, then resets and you try again on the next 7. How's it calculate the points, though? What exactly is the chain bonus? On my second go at a 7 run, I ran through 7 intermediate wins, each time in the selection menu it showed ~300-400 points for that difficulty. Should add up to ~2100 at minimum, right? And when I finished it said chain bonus ~1700? But my final score was ~2300 for a new high score? And is rank based off cumulative points for every 7 run, even though it doesn't show a cumulative total anywhere? I was using three of the bonus characters, too. No idea if you get more bonus for using more than one or if just one caps off the bonus.

So yeah I have no fucking clue how these points work out.

Jayhawk

It's too bad nobody expressed interest in single base 5* reroll accounts. :(
Had an account with Lyn, another with Hinoka. Had one reroll with 5* Roy, 4* Marth, 4* Robin, and 3* Robin for a meeting between main protagonists.

Shinypogs

It's too bad nobody expressed interest in single base 5* reroll accounts. :(
Had an account with Lyn, another with Hinoka. Had one reroll with 5* Roy, 4* Marth, 4* Robin, and 3* Robin for a meeting between between main protagonists.

Stop stealing all the luck from the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom