• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggx2ac

At Chapter 8 now for Lunatic mode. It's going to take a while since I need to level up my characters and that is taking a while.

Regarding arena.

Takumi may be pretty OP however, what would definitely be his weakness is either a Knight character(Heavy Defense and Pavise), or characters like Robin(Mage with weapon skill that gives extra damage to colourless units.)

So if I could get Draug to 5*, it would help since he has a brave weapon, high defense, Pavise, ward armor(Def/Res +4 to allies within 2 spaces during combat)

My team just has really big weaknesses against archers and falchions.

I can still take him out, the only one that took me by surprise was a guy that had Takumi, Olivia, Robin and Camilla. It was a good team because Olivia used dance which allowed Takumi to get the jump on me, it's dangerous having to fight him because of his counter.

Jayhawk

lol not really and I was just teasing. You're doing a good thing.

I know about the teasing. :p

Since I already setup macros and multiple emulator instances for my own starting account, it isn't too much trouble to use what I've created to reroll for others, while I'm playing the game on my phone or watching TV. Hopefully, I don't need to make major changes to this setup for the next banners. I'll probably do a few rerolls then for giveaways. Saving the orbs on my current account for future banners.

Prototype

The 10 free stamina bottles are a godsend. Been playing nonstop.
Just ran out. Now using Nintendo coins to keep playing lol

Main team is 5* Takumi, 5* Lyn, 4*Cherche, 4* Oboro
Almost thru all hard missions and even dipped into lunatic a bit. Pretty fun little game, makes me want to check out a Fire Emblem games some time

chrono01

Question about shards:

Do they have a tendency to give lower stat increases when you feed them into your character to level them up, or is it the exact same as manually grinding out XP to level them through battles?

I'm guessing it's the latter, but just want to be 100% before I fuse everything into Tiki.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Just did first roll. I had immediately linked to MyNintendo ID when I first opened the app, will I still be able to reroll?

PsionBolt

Question about shards:

Do they have a tendency to give lower stat increases when you feed them into your character to level them up, or is it the exact same as manually grinding out XP to level them through battles?

I'm guessing it's the latter, but just want to be 100% before I fuse everything into Tiki.

It looks to me that gains are identical with the exception of SP (since you get SP every time you fight in addition to the level-up gains). I have no hard data, though, that's just how it after raising a few characters.

chrono01

It looks to me that gains are identical with the exception of SP (since you get SP every time you fight in addition to the level-up gains). I have no hard data, though, that's just how it after raising a few characters.
Gotcha, that's what I thought.

Thanks!

Shahadan

considering just skipping all the dialogue because it's so very... insipid

How else would you know how subtle and clever it is that they're searching for their missing friend and there's also a mysterious masked guy!

No relation there guys we swear!

Been playing a bit, finished up Chapter 6 and got enough for a five-pull. I've been fairly lucky, with 5* Roy, and 4* Lilina, Frederick, and now Florina. Roy's a beast, both Lilina and Frederick seem pretty good. I'm lacking in healers/archers though, so plenty more rolling to do - I'll work some favourites like Lyn, Hector, and a few others if I can get them. No Radiant characters yet though right? Shame. But then a team of four seems too small already.

Edit: also yes the writing and dialogue is awful. Pretty disappointed about that.

What's the best way to grind orbs? Keep working on the main battles and then their respective hard battles?

ggx2ac

Did a single roll again, got 4* Sakura. Not bad, I might consider using her over Lissa because she has a lot of buff abilities and Physic(AoE Heal).

I wouldn't have to worry about getting her to 5* because her only locked ability is the spur defense lvl 3.

Shinypogs

Normal mode and half of hard mode complete. 58 orbs saved for a rainy day. 60 orbs aka 3 full pulls should be enough for the next big event right?

linkent

dHtAXM5.jpg

Thing like this is why i never spend on Gacha game.

PBalfredo

Did one re-roll (mostly because the initial weapon type spread was real bad; three uncolored and two blue) and got a five star Marth and Takumi. They're putting in some serious work. Five star units are a pretty significant step above everything else.

ggx2ac

I see now why they made rewards random in the training tower. People must've hated having to wait for a particular day to farm badges for.

Cerium

Normal mode and half of hard mode complete. 58 orbs saved for a rainy day. 60 orbs aka 3 full pulls should be enough for the next big event right?

Enough? Well that depends on what you want and how the RNG gods are feeling that day.

So does everyone start with Anna or is it random or something?
Yes, she's part of the story. The leader of whatever it's called that you're part of. I understand though if your eyes just glazed over at the writing.

Addi

What's up with the training tower today?

It has a big ?. I know it rotates daily but is it just all random now?

tried beating two level, got two different prizes (2x transparent thingy and 3x red thingy). Maybe it's a weekend thing?

I have come to the point where story mode is really hard for me. I'm at world 8-5 on hard. I also tried a couple of stages in lunatic, but I don't want to take 1-5 there if I miss out on bonuses from missions I was supposed to get if I had beaten hard first.

Is there any list with what type of character is good against who outside the colour triangle? Archers vs. flying people, ninjas seem good against magic, magic against armoured people etc.

Cerium

tried beating two level, got two different prizes (2x transparent thingy and 3x red thingy). Maybe it's a weekend thing?

I have come to the point where story mode is really hard for me. I'm at world 8-5 on hard. I also tried a couple of stages in lunatic, but I don't want to take 1-5 there if I miss out on bonuses from missions I was supposed to get if I had beaten hard first.

Is there any list with what type of character is good against who outside the colour triangle? Archers vs. flying people, ninjas seem good against magic, magic against armoured people etc.
Falchion (Marth, Chrom, Lucina) is good against dragons, both as transformers and mounts. I don't know if Wrymslayer is in this game but those have the same advantage.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head. You have the gist of it.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
tried playing it and a I like fire emblem, but i think I'm not giving it a fair shot because 'offers in app purchases' directly soured me on it. Can't really get invested in it, despite the touch format working pretty well.

Sölf

Finally a healer! And a 4* physical range fighter (Shuriken/Bow). ALso, Est comes with an armor slaying weapon, which is great!

So the only things missing for me now are an armored unit and a dancer, unless I am forgetting something.

Yeah, it's definitely a weekend thing. I'm getting random crests or whatever they're called.

I think you figured out most of the more hidden ones. The others should all be listed, ie: hammers vs armored units, etc.

wrowa

considering just skipping all the dialogue because it's so very... insipid

There's barely any dialogue after the first couple chapters anyway. Once you've played a bit, the developers just stop pretending they're trying to tell a story. :p

MicH

Yes! Got Takumi :D

a62kVdKl.jpg

Going after white orbs actually helped a lot. I would quit when I got no white orbs and only pull when white orbs appeared. After a few rolls Takumi appeared. It was somewhat easy because he's the only white orb character with a rate up.

Now I'm waiting for a Ryoma/Leon/Elisse rate up before I pull again :D

Lanrutcon

So I have two teams of 5/4 stars at level 23ish.

What I have learnt is this:

- Normal is a complete joke and you an auto through it using enough stars.
- However, you can only coast on your 5 star units so long once you start doing late Hard/Early Lunatic.
- You don't need a million units. You need a handful of diverse, good units at 5 stars.
- I leveled a 4 star and a 5 star Roy at the same time. The 4 star needed about 5 levels to stay ahead of the 5 star in terms of stats.
- It is less work to earn orbs via stage clears to roll 4/5 star units than it is to build up low star units. The feather costs are completely unreasonable while you can still earn orbs.
- There's no catch up mechanism so far: You can only use crystals to level up to 20, which means anyone focusing on 5 stars right now will level way beyond people who are trying to upgrade 4 stars.
- Certain units are just objectively better than others. Units that overcome the standard shortcomings of their type (range, frailty, movement, weapon triangle) offer a clear advantage. Units that can always retaliate regardless of enemy placement, for example, are stupidly good.

Pkaz01

Yes, she's part of the story. The leader of whatever it's called that you're part of. I understand though if your eyes just glazed over at the writing.

Thanks, I was more so confused cause when you first install the game theres that rotation of characters and info while stuff downloads. I thought that was like a select your starter screen and somehow I picked her or something. I guess it was just character bios to read while you wait.

KHlover

Banned
Ohh, you needed to get the Nintendo account orbs from the Nintendo website. Suddenly only six more missions until my next draw. Yay :D

Cerium

Thanks :) Nintendo must be happy they are getting new accounts from smartphone players :D

Now that you mention it, it's actually a devious way to get people to sign up for MyNintendo.

They'll be even happier if they can turn you into a real Fire Emblem player.

- There's no catch up mechanism so far: You can only use crystals to level up to 20, which means anyone focusing on 5 stars right now will level way beyond people who are trying to upgrade 4 stars.

Aren't there small crystals for up to level 20 and large ones for 20+?

Edit: they should be visible in the inventory. No idea where to get them, unless that was your point.

Torn. Have a 5* Camilla,5* Azura , 4*Cordelia account that has used 80 stones or a 5* Lyn, 5* Merric, 4* Tharja, 3* Clarine with 40 stones used....which to useee...

daffy

Banned
As a filthy casual, i find this game pretty enjoyable. The orbs seem manageable enough without buying extra. This will definitely hold me down until Super Mario Run releases on Android.

chrono01

I don't know about all of you, but I'm really excited to learn more about the disappearance of Zacharias as well as uncover the identity of the mysterious masked man. I'm sure the story has many twists and turns that I don't even see coming!

Cerium

Torn. Have a 5* Camilla,5* Azura , 4*Cordelia account that has used 80 stones or a 5* Lyn, 5* Merric, 4* Tharja, 3* Clarine with 40 stones used....which to useee...

I don't know what Merric has but based on my incomplete knowledge, and disregarding my fanboyism of Lyn, I would go with the first group. Camilla has excellent mobility and should be strong all around. Azura can bring a unit back from the dead, or so I hear, which is huge. You could build a very interesting team around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom