• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Just a question that doesn't have much to do with this specific game but the whole series: is the scenario and writing in general so bad in the main games too? It's the first FE I play and characters are so annoyingly ugly.

Addi

Falchion (Marth, Chrom, Lucina) is good against dragons, both as transformers and mounts. I don't know if Wrymslayer is in this game but those have the same advantage.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head. You have the gist of it.

I think you figured out most of the more hidden ones. The others should all be listed, ie: hammers vs armored units, etc.

cool! There's still a couple I'm wondering about though, is there an advantage for pegasus other than flying all over the map? which characters are dragon good against? Does a horse also give an advantage other than riding further on the map?

EDIT: A lot of Japanese players adding me. They probably fought my team in arena. I have 26 feathers now, 19 974 to go before I can evolve my 4* Marth!

rockx4

Just finished chapter 9, feels like my team isn't cutting it. Other than my two 5star, Camilla and Tharja, everyone else feels to weak. I only have three 4stars, slim pickings between Oboro, Chrom and Cordelia. Using Chrom, Tharja, Camilla, and Oboro. None of the my other characters even feel worth it to level up :(

Cerium

cool! There's still a couple I'm wondering about though, is there an advantage for pegasus other than flying all over the map? which characters are dragon good against? Does a horse also give an advantage other than riding further on the map?

Pegasi just have mobility, also their riders tend to have high resistance (so they're good against magic). Otherwise they're quite squishy.

Dragons (not riders) I think are magic damage, so they're good against armor. I'm not 100% sure on this though since I don't have any myself. Really they're just badass all around.

Horses give no advantage other than movement. In mainline Fire Emblem there are weapons and types that are strong against horses, but I don't think that's been implemented here.

Shinypogs

Pegasi just have mobility, also their riders tend to have high resistance (so they're good against magic). Otherwise they're quite squishy.

Dragons (not riders) I think are magic damage, so they're good against armor. I'm not 100% sure on this though since I don't have any myself. Really they're just badass all around.

Horses give no advantage other than movement. In mainline Fire Emblem there are weapons and types that are strong against horses, but I don't think that's been implemented here.

Raigh has a specific magic skill for killing horses and I imagine there's a beast slayer coming if not already in someones list of available weapons.
edit Raighs weapon is called rauorwolf and is effective against cavalry but costs 200sp to unlock.

Kouriozan

I don't know about all of you, but I'm really excited to learn more about the disappearance of Zacharias as well as uncover the identity of the mysterious masked man. I'm sure the story has many twists and turns that I don't even see coming!

I need that masked mage in my team already.

character_slide_05_c.png

Firemind

Just a question that doesn't have much to do with this specific game but the whole series: is the scenario and writing in general so bad in the main games too? It's the first FE I play and characters are so annoyingly ugly.
In the 3DS games, yes. The art is more consistent though but I also think they have ugly designs. Boob armor will never not look silly.

ggx2ac

20000 feathers for 4*->5* is ridiculous. I have like.... 25 feathers right now...

Even with Arena where you can earn 1600 per week, that pretty much means it would take 10+ weeks to get 20k feathers.

That's why you'd have to pay for orbs instead to do summons if you prefer the faster way and/or sending home units you don't need to earn feathers.

linkent

You link the same MyNintendo account. Everything stays the same. It will make you relaunch the game on the other device depending on which one you used last to resync.
Nice! Much better than Bamco game where gem will be gone after moving across OS.

Qurupeke

Even with Arena where you can earn 1600 per week, that pretty much means it would take 10+ weeks to get 20k feathers.

That's why you'd have to pay for orbs instead to do summons if you prefer the faster way and/or sending home units you don't need to earn feathers.

But even "Send home" gets you only a few feathers. 150 for 3*. Should have been like 500, at least. I think I start to see the dark side of gacha games.

Î can't beat 9-5. It's too hard. 60 orbs spend, only shit, one 5* Jeorge, but he is not doing much in this fight.

That's pretty bullshit and I kinda wanna delete it now.

chrono01

Î can't beat 9-5. It's too hard. 60 orbs spend, only shit, one 5* Jeorge, but he is not doing much in this fight.

That's pretty bullshit and I kinda wanna delete it now.
Starting out in any gatcha game is difficult. You can re-roll as many times as you want, but even if you manage the mythical 2x 5* in your starting five pulls, there's still a chance that you won't receive another useful unit with your next five multi-pulls. At least here the rate for a 5* increases over time, so you're guaranteed one at 120 pulls. Still, that's a lot of spent orbs...

Just keep at it and hope your luck changes soon, I guess. I know, not the best advice but it's really all you can do. I re-rolled a ridiculous amount of times for my Tiki (at least a few hours), and I'm absolutely terrified in doing more pulls. I know I'll need to eventually, but it's a scary thought.

You could always re-roll and start over from the beginning again. With as little content as there is in-game right now, it should only take a few hours (if that) to beat all of the chapters again (if you re-roll for a 5* base character) and do another 3 multi-pulls in the hopes of something good. Or try re-rolling for more than one 5* in your starting pulls, which isn't exactly easy. :/

But honestly though, just hang in there. Your luck will change over time.

ggx2ac

But even "Send home" gets you only a few feathers. 150 for 3*. Should have been like 500, at least. I think I start to see the dark side of gacha games.

Well yeah, this isn't new. All gacha games do this. Even Hearthstone which is a trading card game does this. You wanna get good stuff for free that isn't rewards will take much longer to do.

KHlover

Banned
Jesus my Ryoma is putting in work right now. Being able to counter ranged units is so OP. Add a healer to the mix and he's an unstoppable killing machine.

ggx2ac

I just finished all story mode stages on Lunatic mode.

Guess I'll be having to wait for new content in 2 weeks.

Too bad I can't just keep doing Arena... That doesn't use stamina.

Hopefully the ??? Mode they have which is probably actual PvP won't use up dueling swords.

Zalman

Paying aside, is there no other way to get orbs than completing the story missions? What happens when you finish everything?

Forkball

Paying aside, is there no other way to get orbs than completing the story missions? What happens when you finish everything?

Normal, Hard, and Lunatic versions give you an orb each time, so you can get three orbs per map. There are 45 story maps so that's.... hold on... 135 orbs. About seven 20 orb pulls.

After you finish that, pray for daily/weekly events or CRACK OPEN THAT WALLET.

Have you beaten on Hard and Lunatic?

Get 2 daily orbs for the game launch.

Beat the Normal/Hard/Lunatic February quests?

Get high score in Arena?

EDIT: Arena doesn't give orbs, but it's something to do and it gets you Hero Feathers for ranking up characters.

ty_hot

Lyn 5* lvl 22 here, accompanied by the old healing guy 18 and two other 18 (sharena and another)

I have other 6 characters on 13-16, I want to get all of them to 20 and then decide my main formation.

ggx2ac

I've been trying to get Takumi, haven't had much luck.

Instead I ended up getting Minerva.

Now I'm out of orbs from story mode, I'd have to get Takumi soon. I'm assuming the current focus characters will be removed after the 15th because that is how long it says it's on.

I want at least Takumi, I was thinking I'd get him and then Tiki from the other.

I can make a flying team since I have 5* Cordelia, 5* Catria, 5* Camilla, 5* Minerva. Too bad archers are still a huge weakness for them.

I'm going to guess that in two weeks, we'll get one new chapter and that will supply you with 15 orbs when you've gone through all difficulty modes.

KHlover

Banned
Uhh so how can I fuse my units? I have two 4* Fir and two 4* Sakura, but when I try to select the units in that menu I can't select two units. Do both units have to be a certain Lv or something?

Qurupeke

Uhh so how can I fuse my units? I have two 4* Fir and two 4* Sakura, but when I try to select the units in that menu I can't select two units. Do both units have to be a certain Lv or something?

Try to unfavourite them, all 4*+ are automatically favourites and have a little heart.

MSMrRound

I'm trying to link the game to my Canadian Nintendo ID account, but I was given the "game isn't available in this country" so I wasn't able to link. Dang.

Is that the only way to bind your account or?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom