• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

9ACZLDD.jpg
Hmm.
Hmmmm.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Try to unfavourite them, all 4*+ are automatically favourites and have a little heart.

I think this is it - You can also change this in the settings, and pick a specific rank to auto-favourite or turn it off entirely.

Edit: my friend ID, for anyone trying to fill out a greeting list: 2386937923

Any idea what to do with 1-3* units ?

You can level them to 20 and star them up, "send them away" in exchange for feathers, or merge them with duplicates of themselves for stat boosts or skill points.

Unless you know that and wanted advice on the best way to go.. I don't want to steer you wrong so I'm not sure if there's a particular best method yet.

You can level them to 20 and star them up, "send them away" in exchange for feathers, or merge them with duplicates of themselves for stat boosts or skill points.

Unless you know that and wanted advice on the best way to go.. I don't want to steer you wrong so I'm not sure if there's a particular best method yet.

I'm wondering on optimal course of action

I'm wondering on optimal course of action

Yeah, fair call. I've been hanging on to mine, even if I don't use them, as a collection thing more than anything. I'm not sure it's really worth raising them up unless I get a favourite or someone I really want to use, but if feathers become less scarce it could be worthwhile. Early days!

stoff

All of my Units are super squishy. I really need a Healer now. The only way for me to regain any HP is Tiki's passive Ability.

Are Healers only in Grey Summoning Orbs? Should I just scrap the notion of summoning all 5 at a time and just use orbs for grey ones?

ggx2ac

It seems leveling up characters using shards uses the same amount regardless of character rarity.

It's around 5000 shards if you want to level up a character from 1 to 20.

Blue-kun

It seems leveling up characters using shards uses the same amount regardless of character rarity.

It's around 5000 shards if you want to level up a character from 1 to 20.

Is there any con to doing so? I'm not sure, but whenever I used shards it seemed like I was getting some not-as-good level ups, lol. But maybe it's just wishful thinking that I'd have gotten better stats going by the normal route.

Finished the game on normal this morning, began skipping through the story after chapter 2 I think, I feel like I didn't lose out on anything. I didn't know you could reroll at the start, so my party kinda sucked at first, but I ended up finishing the game with 5 star Roy and Lyn, and 4 star Abel and Gaius. How do you tell if a unit is 5 star focus?

Hardest part BY FAR was dealing with a Blue armoured knight in 9-2 on Normal. I have no good Axe users. I played through most of Hard mode before being able to beat him, and even then it required a lot of strategy (Gaius and Roy both used their debuffs and Lyn finished him off, barely).

Overall I really enjoyed the game. I have $9 in Google Play Credit from doing their surveys so I had anticipated dropping a few dollars on this, but oh my god those prices. I could buy a Fire Emblem for 3DS for the same price as I could do a couple sets of 5 rolls.

The amount of time and babysitting it takes to reroll in this game is bad enough that I'm already considering dropping it. When can I decide that this roll is "good enough"? Just when I get a set of characters I like for non-game reasons, or should I wait until I get at least one 5-star, or other specific stats/characters I should definitely wait for?

The amount of time and babysitting it takes to reroll in this game is bad enough that I'm already considering dropping it. When can I decide that this roll is "good enough"? Just when I get a set of characters I like for non-game reasons, or should I wait until I get at least one 5-star, or other specific stats/characters I should definitely wait for?

At least one 5* and several 4* imho.

ggx2ac

This game has so many players already. I just finished an intermediate run at the arena for 2660 points. I'm not even in the top 100k.

Just went to check my rank and for some reason I went up from ~8800 to 7160 even though I didn't do anything.

Joqu

I rather regret not re-rolling but I feel like I've invested too much time already. ...Plus I spent 2 bucks. Never getting a 5 star at this rate.

MrDaravon

I've gotten 5 3* units the lats two 5-summons I've done. Like, I'm gonna be real my morale in continuing to play this game is super low lol. And my first 5-pull was 2 'only' 2 4*s and 3 3*s. Guess I should have re-rolled instead of just running with it -_-

Kyoufu

Orbs have dried up. Not sure how I can continue playing this game without constantly paying for them, which are pretty expensive tbh.

elty

So does a new way to farm orbs open up after you finish the campaign on all difficulties?

Get a job and earn money.

But seriously, there is usually a limited amount of free orbs/gem/crystal. So after the initial burst of story orb there will be a long draught until new event/story is introduced.

Orbs have dried up. Not sure how I can continue playing this game without constantly paying for them, which are pretty expensive tbh.

Can always come back when new updates occur. These games are mostly designed for the long haul instead of being played constantly

kswiston

So does a new way to farm orbs open up after you finish the campaign on all difficulties?

No. For now you get the free ones every day. They will also likely add new story chapters in coming months, plus other methods of getting orbs (like paralogue chapters).

Rolling in these type of games is supposed to be gradual after the initial free-for-all. Like once every week or two for 5 character pulls. Not 3x a day.

Ok a question for those used to these games.

I have fully upgraded my castle and have 25 story missions left. If i work this out correctly i can get one more 5 char pull from orbs. After that the only way to get orbs will be the log in bonus and maybe 1 a month from missions. Seeing as later progress seems pretty reliant on summoning heroes i guess progress stalls to snail pace once you hit this point?

I mean you need pulls to get better heroes, merge heroes, get feathers etc. Without them i can do arena for some feathers every few days and after that just lvl up my current chars in training.

Unless im missing something. I was considering buying tge 23 orb pack but looking at it i might simply loose interest after story is done.

I really like what i have played so far though but progress is frequent at the mo with story and lvl up current heroes.

Edit.above post actually answered some of this so thanks. So you also get orbs for higher difficulty story missions?

kswiston

Ok a question for those used to these games.

I have fully upgraded my castle and have 25 story missions left. If i work this out correctly i can get one more 5 char pull from orbs. After that the only way to get orbs will be the log in bonus and maybe 1 a month from missions. Seeing as later progress seems pretty reliant on summoning heroes i guess progress stalls to snail pace once you hit this point?

I mean you need pulls to get better heroes, merge heroes, get feathers etc. Without them i can do arena for some feathers every few days and after that just lvl up my current chars in training.

Unless im missing something. I was considering buying tge 23 orb pack but looking at it i might simply loose interest after story is done.

I really like what i have played so far though but progress is frequent at the mo with story and lvl up current heroes.

There are 3 story difficulties, so if you arent done hard and lunatic, you are nowhere near done. You also get hard and lunatic missions when you clear a difficulty.

Edit: by clear a difficulty, I mean finish all the normal or hard quests. If you can do everything, there are 8 mission orbs.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So this is the first Lucina I've gotten in 3 days of rerolling. So conflicted on whether to take it because the rest of the units are trash

d8ae01fff9.jpg

kswiston

So this is the first Lucina I've gotten in 3 days of rerolling. So conflicted on whether to take it because the rest of the units are trash

d8ae01fff9.jpg

You will get better units later. If you want Lucina, go with it.

Edit: you will get your next 2-3 five man pulls pretty quickly while playing (nintendo account bonus gets you half way to roll #2). You have like a 42% chance of getting a 4 or 5 star character with every roll. The chance of getting none in your next two pulls is pretty low.

thedan001

How do you give away accounts on this game?

I'm not interested in 2x Roy account I just pulled, but wouldn't mind giving it away.

I didn't link it yet.

kswiston

Whew I caved and brought some orbs and now I got 3 Tiki 5* dupes...

...what am I supposed to do with them

Keep them for now? I guess you get a stat bonus via merging, but you probably want to pick your best Tiki to be the recipient, which will require some levelling on your end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom