• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamphuntr

Finished Chapter 8. It's a pretty Garbo game so far. It's main positive is that it's quick, responsive with a nice UI. Story is pointless and dumb after the first chapter. It's more or less we are heroes under a contract beat us to free us. Most of the art is terrifying. The game feels pretty unbalanced. Right now it seems impossible to upgrade from 4* to 5* because it requires an obscene amount of feathers. The friend system is pointless. There is no launch bundle offer to support the game.

elty

Flying and range unit is so great here, due to the small map size, limited movement range and the obstacle all around.

Despite rolling with 3 5* unit I seriously miss Nino and Gordin.

duckroll

Finished Chapter 6 today. Some of the battle layouts are semi-interesting, but the problem with how they are designed is that it feels more like a stamina troll than actual "strategy" in terms of tactics. For example the fight where you are walled in at the end of Chapter 6. It's not a challenge you need to puzzle your way out of. If your party line up happened to split the characters of the wrong affinities up, you're basically boned right at the start. But once you change the order of your party to match, there's zero strategy to the actual battle. So the only tactical thing to learn from it is... waste stamina to see what the gimmick is, fail, reposition, play again. Lulz.

Quonny

This stamina system is utter bollocks. At this rate I can play two story missions a day.
It's bad but extreme hyperbole makes it hard to take you seriously. At the highest level of Lunatic on the final stages you can do twice before running out of stamina, which will recover in four hours, and these are stages you only need to clear once.

You should be taking advantage of the half off tower levels.

There are 3 story difficulties, so if you arent done hard and lunatic, you are nowhere near done. You also get hard and lunatic missions when you clear a difficulty.

Edit: by clear a difficulty, I mean finish all the normal or hard quests. If you can do everything, there are 8 mission orbs.

Awesome thanks.

I got 2700 points from a 7-win streak in the arena. Seems I'm only ranked 20,353.

Do I have to wait until the season is over before I can go at it again? I remember losing a streak and when I started over it reset my score.

Magic or Dragons.

Magic Damage (easiest option), Armorslayers (rare sword option), or just brute force it with your own armored dudes.

I think you can keep going as long as you got the Swords.

Shenna. She was in Marth's army.

Also, some axe users have hammers to deal with the heavy armoured knights.
Thanks ya'll! I was still rolling with the story characters so I guess I need to get some new ones.

Syntsui

Finished Chapter 8. It's a pretty Garbo game so far. It's main positive is that it's quick, responsive with a nice UI. Story is pointless and dumb after the first chapter. It's more or less we are heroes under a contract beat us to free us. Most of the art is terrifying. The game feels pretty unbalanced. Right now it seems impossible to upgrade from 4* to 5* because it requires an obscene amount of feathers. The friend system is pointless. There is no launch bundle offer to support the game.
And even then, I can't think of a better day 1 Gacha game.

ggx2ac

I don't get it. There must be a mistake in the description for Physic.

It's saying heal target for 8HP and all allies within two spaces of target.

So it is saying it is an AoE Heal but I still haven't seen it do that. It doesn't work, it's only been healing the target, none of the units near it got healed...

Mknzy

So I finally got a chance to dig in last night, and I am really enjoying the game so far! I think I have been fairly lucky on the two 5 pulls I've done, I got a 5* Lucina, and a 5* Tiki. Thinking I'm going to have a lot of fun with this game.

wrowa

I really don't understand why you can't change the positions of your units at the start of a mission. It's just annoying to see at the start of a mission that the way your characters are spread out is sub-bar.

kswiston

Finished Chapter 6 today. Some of the battle layouts are semi-interesting, but the problem with how they are designed is that it feels more like a stamina troll than actual "strategy" in terms of tactics. For example the fight where you are walled in at the end of Chapter 6. It's not a challenge you need to puzzle your way out of. If your party line up happened to split the characters of the wrong affinities up, you're basically boned right at the start. But once you change the order of your party to match, there's zero strategy to the actual battle. So the only tactical thing to learn from it is... waste stamina to see what the gimmick is, fail, reposition, play again. Lulz.

You usually have a turn or so to reposition. Especially if you only make backwards or lateral moves. If you arent lagging behind the enemy level and have decent units, normal mode is a cakewalk outside of chapter 9.

TrutaS

Just finished the main storyline. There's not a lot of depth here, apart from some really crazy grinding. Games need content updates or it will die off soon. Shame since what is there is pretty well done (apart from the dumb story).

Peléo

I don't get it. There must be a mistake in the description for Physic.

It's saying heal target for 8HP and all allies within two spaces of target.

So it is saying it is an AoE Heal but I still haven't seen it do that. It doesn't work, it's only been healing the target, none of the units near it got healed...

I had the same problem. Not entirely sure, but I believe the word 'within' is wrongly used here. It only heals allies that are exactly 2 spaces way fron the ally.

So in this scenario:

0-0-0
A-T-0
A-0-0

Considering '0' is free space, 'T' is target and 'A' is ally, it would heal only the target ans the botton left Ally, leaving the left Ally unhealed.

Additionally, I think the animation only appears for the target, which may deceive the fact the other ally also healed.

I need to test this a bit more, but see if you find similar results.

ggx2ac

Peléo;229704280 said:
I had the same problem. Not entirely sure, but I believe the word 'within' is wrongly used here. It only heals allies that are exactly 2 spaces way fron the ally.

So in this scenario:

0-0-0
A-T-0
A-0-0

Considering '0' is free space, 'T' is target and 'A' is ally, it would heal only the target ans the botton left Ally, leaving the left Ally unhealed.

Additionally, I think the animation only appears for the target, which may deceive the fact the other ally also healed.

I need to test this a bit more, but see if you find similar results.

Nope, Marth which was the target got healed while Minerva was in the bottom left and still had 1HP.

Joqu

I rather regret not re-rolling but I feel like I've invested too much time already. ...Plus I spent 2 bucks. Never getting a 5 star at this rate.

Complaining on gaf always does the trick ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

img_0265dmrx0.jpg

duckroll

You usually have a turn or so to reposition. Especially if you only make backwards or lateral moves. If you arent lagging behind the enemy level and have decent units, normal mode is a cakewalk outside of chapter 9.

I'm talking about specific "gimmick" battles where they split your team up and place them in corners of the map, or behind walls. I had Fae in my first spot for example, and she was walled in with Ryoma. There's no way to get out of that area in one turn and he has enough movement to attack and one-shot her. It's silly because with my exact same party, I just swapped Fae and Sully's positions and I beat the map almost instantly. That's not strategy lol.

Raika

Doesn't matter if you're rooted or not, there are reports on reddit claiming that non-rooted phones are affected by the 803 error as well. For rooted devices just delete the shared_prefs folder and relink your nintendo account to restore data.

kswiston

I'm talking about specific "gimmick" battles where they split your team up and place them in corners of the map, or behind walls. I had Fae in my first spot for example, and she was walled in with Ryoma. There's no way to get out of that area in one turn and he has enough movement to attack and one-shot her. It's silly because with my exact same party, I just swapped Fae and Sully's positions and I beat the map almost instantly. That's not strategy lol.

I forgot about that map since I had Marth as my lead. Luckily those are pretty rare.

Draxal

Pvp Whale Discussion Alert.
Most teams are running with 4 of the Bonus Characters
UOsPhJE.png

Due to the point multipliers seen here (thanks for the picture Solf)..

(Ignoring Alphonse and Sherena here) Since out of the 8 bonus characters 5 are red melee, 1 is blue ranged, 1 green flier, 1 neutral ranged. Due to that class balance, Takumi and Robins do most of the legwork in high level arena,

I'm currently ranked 1,414 but dropping by the hour (and I think teams will be carrying multiple takumis/robins will be doing the best).

kswiston

Pvp Whale Alert Discussion alert.

Most teams are running with 4 of the Bonus Characters (thanks for the picture Solf).

UOsPhJE.png

Due to the point multipliers seen here.

(Ignoring Alphonse and Sherena here) Since out of the 8 bonus characters 5 are red melee, 1 is blue ranged, 1 green flier, 1 neutral ranged.

Takumi and Robins do most of the legwork in high level arena atm.

I can run 3 bonus characters, not counting the 2star units, but I have been sticking to two for survivability. I just finished an intermediate run. Once I hit 3000 points for max feathers, I might experiment with Marth instead my current Chrom, as it won't matter as much if I fail. Takumi is an all-star in these battles.

Vamphuntr

The way the game is balanced right now you more or less need at least 1 5* character. Especially for the harder difficulty levels. The story characters are 1* and upgrading them requires a resource that is hard to get right now.

I have Marth 5* and Azura 5* and without them I would guess it would have been impossible to proceed past some points without insane grinding.

Busaiku

It normally takes Stamina to equip skills?
The only reason it doesn't right now is because of the launch bonus?

This game is dumb.

Draxal

It normally takes Stamina to equip skills?
The only reason it doesn't right now is because of the launch bonus?

This game is dumb.

Yeah, but it doesn't cost any stamina to learn and replace a new skill.

Imho, it's risky to get Aether now, because Luna is usually better.

Completed the main story this morning. Not bad, a good time waster, and introduction to the FE series. Game is basically a really lite version of strategy games - colour vs colour, but there is nothing much beyond that in tactics albeit the use of long range units, so theres really not much strategy or tactics beyond sometimes trying to force an enemy to make a move in the later levels. I kind of cheated towards the end as well, on a couple of missions i used orbs to restore all units mid battle. But i found the game mildly addictive and charming. Presentation is good and , typically as a nintendo related title, it is polished to a tee.

I never touched Micro transactions, they didn't affect my playing at all. Your stamina replenshises on a timer , and if you do run out you can use many of the free flasks of time that the game gives you - i think i used three in total, you get given something like 12 or something. Also the more difficult the missions the more stamina it takes, so it really only starts to rear its head in the last couple of chapters.

Gameplay wise i ran out of orbs pretty quickly to summon new heroes, but you get one for each completed mission and you get given a couple daily. I know a lot of people are re-rolling a lot to get the good rated characters, but i just played through it normally and over time i got a couple of good characters. But i wouldn't say it it is vital

So the freemium game design had no real impact on me at all.

I pulled my 1st 5 star - Lyn after my fourth draw but its not like the game actually requires 5-star heroes to clear , i was fine with my four star starters lol. Hmm even Lunatic is just a level game so far, no problem if i have a team of LVl 20 for Chp 1 part 1 and 2. I am thinking that most will breeze though the game too fast since Nintendo give stamina freely.

MANUELF

Banned
Pvp Whale Discussion Alert.
Most teams are running with 4 of the Bonus Characters
UOsPhJE.png

Due to the point multipliers seen here (thanks for the picture Solf)..

(Ignoring Alphonse and Sherena here) Since out of the 8 bonus characters 5 are red melee, 1 is blue ranged, 1 green flier, 1 neutral ranged. Due to that class balance, Takumi and Robins do most of the legwork in high level arena,

I'm currently ranked 1,414 but dropping by the hour (and I think teams will be carrying multiple takumis/robins will be doing the best).
I can atest to that, my Robin has single handedly beat fights for me in the arena

I'm starting to hit a wall now. I'm at the end of chapter 6 and my team is really struggling. I'm still using Anna as my axe user and she's really bringing everyone down, but I have no one to replace her. My last 2 full rolls only gave me one 4* and the rest 3*. The rest of my team is 5* Lucina, 4* Felicia, and 4* Effie and I think they're all fine.

Is there another way to get orbs other than story missions and buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom