• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

Brb, killing myself. :/

Everyone has a 5-star hero except me. :(

I have 5. Chrom, Marth, Hawkeye, Camilla, and Takumi.

Hawkeye is sort of useless now that I have Camilla. Chrom and Marth also have a lot of overlap, so I stopped using Marth.

If it makes you feel a bit better, I gave Nintendo $10. That was my Takumi and Camilla pull, which made me happy. Marth and Hawkeye were me getting lucky with my initial pull. I probably would have rerolled if I got all 3-4 star units though.

So outside of my initial pull, I received three 5-star units in 4 five man pulls. Ignoring the fact that your odds increase if you have 5-star dry spells, the odds of getting 3 or more 5-star units in 20 character pulls is about 10%. I got lucky, but not winning the lottery lucky.

ggx2ac

I pulled my 1st 5 star - Lyn after my fourth draw but its not like the game actually requires 5-star heroes to clear , i was fine with my four star starters lol. Hmm even Lunatic is just a level game so far, no problem if i have a team of LVl 20 for Chp 1 part 1 and 2. I am thinking that most will breeze though the game too fast since Nintendo give stamina freely.

It's not going to be hard for you until you start climbing. The star next to the stage indicates the rarity type of the enemy.

I had to deal with fighting 5* enemies for chapter 8 and 9 in lunatic mode, and the tenth stratum in the training tower always has 5* characters.

So just having the same level characters doesn't help. Fighting Zephiel for example, his sword would decrease enemies enemies Def by -4 within two spaces on each turn iirc.

It's ridiculous fighting Marth/Chrom/Lucina because I can't put any dragons near them. They deal like 60x2 dmg because of falchion.

Then there's also abilities, like enemies just warping to allies which becomes a surprise ambush.

Anyway, it will easily get difficult later on.

Sölf

It's not going to be hard for you until you start climbing. The star next to the stage indicates the rarity type of the enemy.

I had to deal with fighting 5* enemies for chapter 8 and 9 in lunatic mode, and the tenth stratum in the training tower always has 5* characters.

So just having the same level characters doesn't help. Fighting Zephiel for example, his sword would decrease enemies enemies Def by -4 within two spaces on each turn iirc.

It's ridiculous fighting Marth/Chrom/Lucina because I can't put any dragons near them. They deal like 60x2 dmg because of falchion.

Then there's also abilities, like enemies just warping to allies which becomes a surprise ambush.

Anyway, it will easily get difficult later on.

Oh, that's what the star is for? I am currently walled at 9-2 hard, I have nothing to reliably beat these knights. My Nino can't 1 turn them and gets oneshotted from their attacks. So I am leveling others units at the moment.

But aside from the higher stats and skills, are there any other differences in behaviour? The only thing I have seen so far was in the first daily mission with Sophia. On normal mode, enemies just moved towards you while on hard mode they actually destroyed the walls if no one was in attack range. But that's been the only thing so far.

Shinypogs

I'm starting to hit a wall now. I'm at the end of chapter 6 and my team is really struggling. I'm still using Anna as my axe user and she's really bringing everyone down, but I have no one to replace her. My last 2 full rolls only gave me one 4* and the rest 3*. The rest of my team is 5* Lucina, 4* Felicia, and 4* Effie and I think they're all fine.

Is there another way to get orbs other than story missions and buying?
No one to replace her as in n axe users/ wind mages or no other viable fighters/healers at all.?

kswiston

So last night I pulled and got a bunch of 3 stars (karma for earlier amazing pulls). One of my aquisitions was Olivia. I am thinking of working on her 4-star upgrade. 2k feathers seems reasonable, and I already have like 90 of those clear crests from tower grinding. I have two 4-stars that would be cool to upgrade, but 20k feathers is not worth the commitment until the devs make it easier to get them.

What are the upgrade requirements for 1 and 2 star characters? I assume it is a net feather loss if we upgrade these free daily characters to 3 star and then sell them.

woopWOOP

Oh God what's with these HP only level ups. My team is struggling already, this isn't helping!
My level 20 Odin Dark can hardly damage anything and gets one shotted nearly all the time. Is this the limit of three-star chumps? :(

I need more friends for the feathers to trickle down so I can upgrade some of these fools: 9369179934
On that note, is there a list of GAF friend IDs somewhere?

mikemandey

Welp.. Had 20 more orbs from story mode and decided to do 5 pulls.. Got Elise..

Now all of my 5 star units are basically girls only

uAHF9cp.jpg

Roman

What are the upgrade requirements for 1 and 2 star characters? I assume it is a net feather loss if we upgrade these free daily characters to 3 star and then sell them.

From 2 stars to 3 costs 10 badges of the appropriate color and 200 feathers. Sending a 3* home gives 150.

No one to replace her as in n axe users/ wind mages or no other viable fighters/healers at all.?

I don't have any healers which is another problems I have. As for axe users, I only have 3* guys, but looking at their stats, it looks like they would already be better than Anna if I train them up. I guess I can give that a shot.

ggx2ac

So last night I pulled and got a bunch of 3 stars (karma for earlier amazing pulls). One of my aquisitions was Olivia. I am thinking of working on her 4-star upgrade. 2k feathers seems reasonable, and I already have like 90 of those clear crests from tower grinding. I have two 4-stars that would be cool to upgrade, but 20k feathers is not worth the commitment until the devs make it easier to get them.

Yes, I mentioned it before.

2* -> 3* 200 feathers.

Send home 3* gives 150 feathers.

iirc 1* -> 2* is 20 feathers.

Send home 2* gives 10 feathers.

Honestly, I don't know how everyone's even playing this game past the prologue already. I've spent almost two hours rerolling and still don't have a five-star.

Shinypogs

I don't have any healers which is another problems I have. As for axe users, I only have 3* guys, but looking at their stats, it looks like they would already be better than Anna if I train them up. I guess I can give that a shot.

Yeah just grinding the training area a bit and give them some exp unless you wanna use shards to insta train them. I have a 3 star donnel and est who both put in good work from time to time. They got moved off my main team but they sub in when needed. for now just find a unit to fill that slot and replace them with the next good unit you pull or gather from the daily challenge hero.

Roman

Honestly, I don't know how everyone's even playing this game past the prologue already. I've spent almost two hours rerolling and still don't have a five-star.

Some people spend days on this. Personally I don't think it's worth killing one's enjoyment of the game for this. If you don't roll a 5* unit then the chances to roll one in the same banner next time increase slightly.

MicH

I'm starting to hit a wall now. I'm at the end of chapter 6 and my team is really struggling. I'm still using Anna as my axe user and she's really bringing everyone down, but I have no one to replace her. My last 2 full rolls only gave me one 4* and the rest 3*. The rest of my team is 5* Lucina, 4* Felicia, and 4* Effie and I think they're all fine.

Try doing the early hard versions of the story quests. They're probably easier than the chapter you're at. That way you can probably get enough gems to do more pulls

kswiston

From 2 stars to 3 costs 10 badges of the appropriate color and 200 feathers. Sending a 3* home gives 150.

Yes, I mentioned it before.

2* -> 3* 200 feathers.

Send home 3* gives 150 feathers.

iirc 1* -> 2* is 20 feathers.

Send home 2* gives 10 feathers.

Thanks. It should be the other way around. You still have to grind shitty units to level 20 to upgrade. They could at give you a bit of a feather profit for putting in the work.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
You will get better units later. If you want Lucina, go with it.

Edit: you will get your next 2-3 five man pulls pretty quickly while playing (nintendo account bonus gets you half way to roll #2). You have like a 42% chance of getting a 4 or 5 star character with every roll. The chance of getting none in your next two pulls is pretty low.
Ended up getting a 5* corrin on my next set of rolls. How many 20 orb sets does the game currently give you before you have to start buying?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
My first pull was 3 4-star characters Chrom and some dudes from FE Fates, a 5-star Camelia and 3 stars character.

Yu Narukami

I don't even see the benefit of upgrading a 4*. Seems like a waste of ressources. Then again what are we going to do with our feathers?

Sölf

Ended up getting a 5* corrin on my next set of rolls. How many 20 orb sets does the game currently give you before you have to start buying?

135 for beating every mission on each difficulty once. Additionally, so far we get 2 per day for logging in and we get a few for finishing February missions. I think 1 orb for a normal mission, 3 for a hard one and 5 for a lunatic one, so another 9 total.

So if you don't want to upgrade your castle (which you should), you could pull 7 times without the daily login.

Edit:
Oh, you also get 15 after the tutorial and another 10 for connecting your Nintendo Account. So you could pull 8 tiems!

Ossom

Just get a reasonably good team and get stuck in. You'll get a 5* soon enough. I had none to start and then got 2 from 15 summons. They just happened to be Robbin and Takumi.

kswiston

45 x 3 difficulties for the story. 3 for the prologue. Another 8 for the missions. 10 for linking to your Nintendo account, and 2 a day for logging in so far.

So over 150. Not counting your initial pull

Ossom

Couldn't see a response to my question. Where do you get the large gems from so that you can level up characters above level 20?

Totakeke

I just deleted my account which I cleared up to chapter 9. Having no good mages or even high-def armorslayers mean you hit a brick wall eventually. Going to look for more rerolls that cover more bases from now on.

Sölf

Couldn't see a response to my question. Where do you get the large gems from so that you can level up characters above level 20?

Sometimes from the trainig tower floor 6 and above. But it's not guaranteed, you may also get the small ones. I have a few big ones, but I can't reliably beat floor 7 yet, so maybe the chance gets higher on higher floors.

Atram

Finished the story on extrem, didn't spend a dime till now. After spending now all available orbs this is my team:

k8jNhM7.jpg

Ossom

Sölf;229707763 said:
Sometimes from the trainig tower floor 6 and above. But it's not guaranteed, you may also get the small ones. I have a few big ones, but I can't reliably beat floor 7 yet, so maybe the chance gets higher on higher floors.

Thanks. Been doing floor five to get the bonus. Will try after that.

Sölf

Finished the story on extrem, didn't spend a dime till now. After spending now all available orbs this is my team:

k8jNhM7.jpg

Man, I really need a good caster. 3* Nino just doesn't cut it even on hard mode. Then again, chapter 9 is a total bitch anyway.

Ugh, five 3-stars, including two Lissas.

I'm burning out on this fast, and I haven't even started playing yet.

EDIT: SHUT UP ALFONSE I ALREADY KNOW ALL YOUR STUPID TUTORIAL MESSAGES

Philia

On my second roll (first attempt was a failure, I didn't think you need 20 to maximize the summon), I got a five star Azura.

She's a lancer but she sings to give you another turn. That's pretty fucking awesome imho. All I need is a five star killer somewhere with high speed.

Achtius

Growth seems to be pre-determine, after leveling up and dying and leveling up in another map, the growth is like exactly the same.

I wonder if the growth rate would be change if i go from 4* to 5*

Dee Dee

I have a question about fusion/ combining characters.
The stat growth from this - it's basically 1 extra level, so random, right?
Only if both have same star ranking though.

So the main gain from this is FP, correct?

I combined both my Takumi 5* while one was still Level 1. I don't need 2 Takumi on my team, even if I am unlucky with stat gains.
But I got over 200 FP and now have a level 15 Takumi with close counter.

(Insert evil laugh)

Re-rolling in a nutshell:
Gordin, Gordin, Gordin, Matthew, Palla, Gordin, Palla, Palla, Matthew, Gordin, Gordin, Palla, Matthew, Matthew, Niles, Gordin, some random ugly 4* dude, Gordin.

I've now seen Felicia twice in over 10 hours worth of re-rolls and Tharja once.

kewlmyc

Decided to try rerolling again to have a version of the game to play on my iPad and ended up with a 5* Raven and 5* Azura. They're good, I assume?

You can do earlier missions on hard/lunatic and they'll give you orbs as well. Just watch the stamina cost.

Finally got around to beating chapter 9, didn't have too much trouble other than 9-4. Mr. Masked Man has some seriously powerful abilities. (Also, what is with FE characters being blinded by a small mask?)

Feeling pretty good about my team atm, feel free to add me: 7097772304.

Oh, here's a tip for pulling. Just because you have the orbs to do a five pull doesn't mean you should. If you need a specific unit, like a green for example, and you go to pull and there aren't any, do one pull and leave. You'll minimize your losses this way. Also, whichever color unit you want most, pull those last in the 5 pull to slightly increase your chances of pulling a 5*.

TheGrizz

Hi all - Finding it really hard to get a good ranged character. Should I abandon ranged if I have a better melee do you think? I have a 4*Barst axe wielder or should I stick with a 3* Niles bowman who is absolute garbage against anything other than flying types.

Feel free to add me btw - 067 249 7308

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom