• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotchaye

Just a reminder. The game still just came out so don't burn out all your resources quickly. Last thing you want to do is not have a roll ready when a new batch of chars come out. Or not have any orbs available when some new feature that utilizes them comes out.

I would, but I expect that I'm going to very quickly lose interest once I can't get orbs fast enough to get 5 new heroes every day or two.

I'm betting they will too. We have the first game in the series, the first handheld game in the series, the first localized game in the series, the first stereoscopic 3D game in the series, and the most recent game in the series all represented. It feels odd that the first regular 3D game in the series isn't in.
I'm hoarding my orbs for the inevitable five star laguz nobles.

Deep Devotion is way better.

.eJwFwcsNwyAMANBduAPGfJxkjQ5QIYIgUgII3FPV3fveV3zmLQ5Rmcc6tD6vlfo81eI-Y8mq9F7uHMe1VOqPjswx1Sc3Xto4b5BsQA9gAGAPGokCGmctbc7vm8ddv9LMua3a-Y1gSAJKcBKNBJKe1GhF_P5VyCfo.vTvpNjXT1jdz4BAT4GuCMQ8YbjM

Finally got Tharja... at 4-star. :l

If you don't mind me asking how much real money have you put into the game?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Are any of the free heroes any good?

I'm rolling with Ryoma, Takumi, 5-star Maria and as a fourth stuck with the girl you begin the game with, but she so far has been dead weight in comparison to them. Wondering if I should focus on her or someone else. Don't want to pull anytime soon for more units because I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to Gacha games.

Zyrox

Just started this game today. Only Fire Emblem I've really played is Sacred Stones. Wanted to play the 3DS games but my 3DS broke before I could get to them. So overall I don't really have too much attachement towards these characters (well, except for the ones in Smash Bros. I guess, love playing the FE jobbers there) so I didn't bother with this whole rerolling business (which probably makes the game a little harder for me now as my units aren't all that great).
Anyway, what I wanted to say is, I'm enjoying my time with this game. I actually like the bite-sized maps. It's a small slice of Fire Emblem, but a slice nonetheless. Good job Nintendo, you got me to play a mobile game.

Caim

Finished hard mode story and halfway through Lunatic.

Thinking about doing one more multi and then saving for the next banner.

Are any of the free heroes any good?

I'm rolling with Ryoma, Takumi, 5-star Maria and as a fourth stuck with the girl you begin the game with, but she so far has been dead weight in comparison to them. Wondering if I should focus on her or someone else. Don't want to pull anytime soon for more units because I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to Gacha games.

I used Sharena until I got another blue unit and she held her own all the way to the end of Chapter 9 on Normal.

If the cost wasn't so high I wouldn't mind taking her and Alfonse to 5* one day.

DigtialT

Units not 4 or 5 star seems pretty worthless after a certain point, they are getting just demolished by some of the enemies now. Meanwhile my 5* Marth is sailing along just fine

Cuburt

Rerolling questions:

Do you get better odds doing all 5 summons for your first pull?

Would it be faster (and do you get the same odds) doing, say, the tutorial to get 15 orbs and decide whether you reroll based on what you get in those first 3 summons?

Also, does it ever make sense when you attempt a summon for 5 characters, to just pull one and back out since the weapon colors aren't what you are looking for, since you'd be spending 5 orbs but you get a chance at rerolling more colors you are looking for.

I don't need the best team in a reroll and I'm not necessarily deadset on getting favorite characters, I'm just looking for a least painful way to start with a few 5 stars.

If you don't mind me asking how much real money have you put into the game?

Around $20 dollars plus however much I had in my Google Opinion rewards account. I think like $8 or so? I also have played through the campaign on Normal and Hard modes since I apparently had way too much free time yesterday...

Kinsei

Banned
Units not 4 or 5 star seems pretty worthless after a certain point, they are getting just demolished by some of the enemies now. Meanwhile my 5* Marth is sailing along just fine

I took a 3* into chapter 9 and she did just fine. Heck, her hammer was probably the reason that I won 9-2.

mstevens

So I did a re-roll on my secondary device. I got 5* Takumi and 4* Fae in my initial rolls, went through a few chapters and earned 20 more orbs, and got 5* Tiki in my second set. I'm tempted to switch over to this account and replace my current one. I only have a single Tiki there...

Do it. Takumi is awesome and Tiki was your 2nd most wanted unit. One day of story progress isn't a big deal to lose.

Forkball

I wish the story had different dialog depending on who you brought. Killed Eliwood with Roy, and Eliwood is still talking about looking forward to fighting with Roy one day.

One thing I really wish they incorporated was support conversations. A huge appeal of this is that its a crossover. I would like to see the characters interact with each other more. What would Lucina say to Roy? WHO KNOWS

I'm betting they will too. We have the first game in the series, the first handheld game in the series, the first localized game in the series, the first stereoscopic 3D game in the series, and the most recent game in the series all represented. It feels odd that the first regular 3D game in the series isn't in.

The way I saw it was "First game in the series (and it's companion game lorewise), First game to come to the west (and its companion game lorewise) and the 3DS games which was the era that FE got its modern popularity from".

In other words, it seemed more about people recognizing characters and maximizing nostalgia. I do also expect Tellius people to be a quick edition though.

kewlmyc

For all my Lyn and/or Cordelia peeps, is it wise to put all points into getting Galeforce or try to fill out their passive skills instead?

chrono01

Do it. Takumi is awesome and Tiki was your 2nd most wanted unit. One day of story progress isn't a big deal to lose.
Already done. :)

This Tiki seems to have a much slower growth rate than the previous one, though. I hope it doesn't hurt me too much in the end.

MildSoss

Is there a guide out there on how to run this game on PC or is it just as simple as downloading it from the Google App store?

Golnei

One thing I really wish they incorporated was support conversations. A huge appeal of this is that its a crossover. I would like to see the characters interact with each other more. What would Lucina say to Roy? WHO KNOWS

Support conversations would be great, but I can see why they decided to forgo them (at least for now) considering the size of the cast and the potential number of combinations - even with only a single conversation between each compatible set rather than a full support chain, it'd be a lot of additional writing and translation, for something that there's no guarantee a player will be able to see due to the gacha mechanic making team composition random.

Still, one of the upsides of being a mobile service title is the long period it's expected to receive constant updates for - even if they slowly rolled out a couple of supports over time, it'd be better than nothing. And it's not like they're expending a huge amount of effort on main story sequences.

Rerolling questions:

Do you get better odds doing all 5 summons for your first pull?

Would it be faster (and do you get the same odds) doing, say, the tutorial to get 15 orbs and decide whether you reroll based on what you get in those first 3 summons?

Also, does it ever make sense when you attempt a summon for 5 characters, to just pull one and back out since the weapon colors aren't what you are looking for, since you'd be spending 5 orbs but you get a chance at rerolling more colors you are looking for.

I don't need the best team in a reroll and I'm not necessarily deadset on getting favorite characters, I'm just looking for a least painful way to start with a few 5 stars.

If you are planning to reroll a lot. Get the 15 and the 2 from the mail and roll for 4. Much faster overall.

Acerac

Banned
Just got Leo 5* who seems to be S tier...

all the rest were 3*... Tiki, Laslow, Corrin, Est.

Should I keep or reroll?

Tiki and Corrin are solid for 3* units. You could do better if you put time in, but it's a solid enough start if you wanted to see what your second 5 pull would get you.

Sora_N

Wow Hector rekt everyone in Ch 9 part 4.

My other guys all died but he kept rekkin.

I tried to level up other guys but Hector is the only one that doesn't die, what a champ. Robin and Sakura are 5* too and always die.

kswiston

Orbs better spent on a 5* Nephenee.

It's going to be tough but I'm so going to hold 20 orbs for when we get Tellius heroes.

I'm almost positive that we will get Sacred Stones first.

All of the current games are currently available for purchase on 3DS or Wii U virtual console. FE6 is obviously Japan only, but it's still on there. Sacred Stones is the last currently available western release.

If not that, then one of the SFC entries. Ike and Friends will be used to boost interest again in a few months. It also seems pretty obvious that we'll get the FE Gaiden addition when the remake launches.

bomblord1

Banned
I'm on an unrooted Asus Tablet with a Intel Bay Trail Processor, 4:3 screen, and 2GB of RAM.

The game immediately crashes on open. I literally get a black screen that says "Unfortunately this has stopped working" and then it closes.

Anyone got tips? I already removed and re-installed it.

AaronB

I don't want to mess around with rerolls, but I think what I've gotten up to this point is decent. After 3 pulls of 60 orbs, I have my main team as:

5* Marth
5* Takumi
4* Cecilia
4* Subaki

Other 4 stars that I might level up:
4* Marth - might try to get him leveled, and then merge with my other Marth?
4* Effie - very tanky, but slow
4* Virion - ultra-low resistance
4* Saizo - seems like he'll be good once his poison skill is leveled, but throwing stars do little damage

I'd like to get my main team as all 5* that I'm happy with, but there's still the possibility of better ways to spend the orbs later.

evanmisha

Here's how I rerolled:

Figure out which 1 5* hero you want the most, and another that you want almost as much. Keep the application manager app open to FE Heroes in the background so you can pull it up as needed.

Open up FEH, download. Play tutorial. Skip all dialogue. The motions are really simple and easy to remember. Don't type in a new name. Download the full game. Go straight to inbox, grab the 2 additional orbs. Pull.

If you don't see the color that corresponds to the hero you want the most, grab one either at random or corresponding to the color of the one you want second most and stop, then pull again. Hopefully this time you'll get at least one of the color you want the most. Only pull the matching color orbs if possible, up to 3. As soon as you know you haven't pulled what you want, run back to the application manager. Force stop. Delete data. Run back in to FEH.

I was able to reroll in around 3 minutes with this method. It only took me a couple hours to get the unit that I wanted, and once I had her, I used the remaining orbs, My Nintendo orbs, and orbs obtained through the story mode on castle upgrades until that was done. I'd recommend a team of the 5 star that you wanted and the 3 story generals as when upgraded to 5* units they're really quite good and that team is more than enough to get you to the end of the normal story mode, and by then you'll have enough for a 20 roll if you so choose.

If, however, I had ended up with the unit I want second most, I would use the remainder of my orbs to see what else I could pull, and if by some chance I pulled a second 5*, I'd just keep that.

I found playing through the entire prologue tripled the time it would take me to reroll and the reward was minimal. I could fit so many smaller rerolls in that same chunk of time by just pulling with the 17 orbs you have once you can access the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom