• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

I can't think of a more disheartening pull

C34CU_BWAAAc12e.jpg

lt519

Got a 5+ Robin with Blarrven+ at level 26 now with 33 atk 23 spd 20 def and 19 res. My first 5+ roll so far.

Absolutely tore story through story mode with him and currently plowing through Hard mode.

Camjo-Z

This game would be 10x better if they would add the option to choose where your fighters are placed before a battle. It's so annoying to waste a load of stamina because you had all the right party members in the wrong starting positions.

Fae and Takumi are really good. I would look for -

Chrom or Hector as swaps for Marth
Lyn, Ryouma, Cordelia as swaps for Lucina

But that's just me personally. That's a pretty decent team there already. That's also from a strictly "What do I think the strongest characters are?" A healer would let you play a more balanced lineup as well. So maybe look for Maria or Elise? Camilla and Robin are also both strong characters but more niche imo.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice.

Jims

This thread is making me jealous! 20-something summons and still no 5-star units. I should've just re-rolled at the very beginning. I refuse to spend money!

Maybe if I can get a varied enough army of 4 star folks, I can get through the rest of Hard and part of Lunatic. Map and weapon combinations. Just got a 4* Sheena who seems useful. Does Lunatic still seem doable even without 5 stars or there is a big defense wall that requires certain stats?

This game would be 10x better if they would add the option to choose where your fighters are placed before a battle. It's so annoying to waste a load of stamina because you had all the right party members in the wrong starting positions.
Yeah it's uh not really "tactical" if all the info I get before deployment is the color/weapon list lol.

Omnicent

How many feathers are reduced when merging a 4* with a dupe 4*? I'm assuming it goes down to like 17,500?

no, it goes down by the send home amount. We talked about it a bit yesterday. So it drops by 300 each 4* you fuse (20,000 to 19,700).
For 3* it is 150. Not sure about 1* or 2* units.

Man these feather costs SUCK.
The only good thing is that fusing lowers the feather cost.
My 3* Setsuna went from 2000 to 1850. Guy on reddit did it twice for 3*and it went down to 1700.
I hope this scales (a 150 reduction from 20,000 would be laughable)
Does anyone know if there is a fusing limit, because fusing seems like its going to be pretty important for +1'ing and for lowerin feather costs.

Also reduction does not work when feeding a lower * to a higher star (fed a 3* to my 4* and only got SP and no reduction in feather cost).
So basically +1'in a unit lowers cost (My Setsuna is 20+1 in her info)

My 4* Gunter went from 20000 to 19700. So basically, it reduced the feathers by the same amount sending home a 4* character would achieve.

I guess fusing characters below 5* isn't useless then. However now knowing this, I'd only be doing that below 5* if I was planning to get the character to 5*

It's not to bad until your healer is caged in with Ryoma. Sligh chuckle, but yeah they should look into adding unit map placment options or something.
It's also annoying in situations like when you end up with an armored unit that moves like one pace per turn and he's completely out of position. Then you spend the whole battle trying to get him to the fight, but by the time he's there everyone who spawned further forward killed everything already.

vareon

Man this art is all over, Olivia is so different from everyone else

also got a 5star Lyn. yeeboi

In the end, FE Heroes is a very Japanese oriented gacha game, where they have a lot of guest artists (similar to a TCG). They even put voice actors's name on the illustration page, something Western gamers didn't really care about (but a huge draw for Japanese fans).

Haha, thanks.

I was hesitant to re-roll, but I'm glad I did. I still got Tiki who I wanted, as well as Takumi and Fae along with it. I'm finally settled in with a linked account and all that.

BTW, here's my ID if you (or anyone else here) wants to add me. I have no friends as of now, so I'm a little lonely.

Sent you a friend request! Congrats on that account. I ended up sticking to a Lyn and 5* Camilla one. Hopefully we can both pull Tharja later on.

If anyone wants to add me my ID is

What is the best way to get feathers? I have 2 4* Tharjas I need to raise!!! jk I might raise an Effie too.

My ID is 0448134653 if people want to friend me and my Hinoka.

In the end, FE Heroes is a very Japanese oriented gacha game, where they have a lot of guest artists (similar to a TCG). They even put voice actors's name on the illustration page, something Western gamers didn't really care about (but a huge draw for Japanese fans).

knowledgeispower.gif

Thats actually pretty interesting, thanks!

Ala Alba

I remember reading something about a GAF friend code list. Anyone got a link?

I only have a bunch of 4* units, but if anyone wants a friend: 7583541000

chrono01

Sent you a friend request! Congrats on that account. I ended up sticking to a Lyn and 5* Camilla one. Hopefully we can both pull Tharja later on.

If anyone wants to add me my ID is
And accepted! Also, thanks! :)

Yeah, I really want Tharja. I don't know how many times I re-rolled and I didn't get a single one of her, not even a 4*. She's playing hard-to-get.

TDLink

Big complaint I have with this game: When you complete missions it tells you that you completed a mission and earned that reward...but you don't actually until you go to your castle and go to the mission board and click complete on the quest.

That's such a useless step and the rewards expire...it should just auto-complete it and give you the shit when it tells you that you completed it and this is what you got.

Big complaint I have with this game: When you complete missions it tells you that you completed a mission and earned that reward...but you don't actually until you go to your castle and go to the mission board and click complete on the quest.

That's such a useless step and the rewards expire...it should just auto-complete it and give you the shit when it tells you that you completed it and this is what you got.
That's a typical gacha move. You have to collect the rewards yourself. I'm guessing they bank on some people forgetting to pick up their stuff to squeeze out some more money. It's pretty gross IMO. (And I'm a bit surprised that Nintendo adopted it.)

Related to that, they don't display available missions on the select screen for the stages themselves which is annoying. I've had to redo a couple stages to complete the mission since I didn't know those particular stages had special requirements.

Shun

Upgrade my Sharon and Anna into 4 stars. Good investment so far seeing as those two will definitely be necessary for event specific missions or campaigns bonus in the future.

They're also pretty good units, unlike Alfonse.

Down to 6,000 feathers, will be back up to 8,000 after Arena ends tomorrow.

Ri'Orius

Beat the game on normal mode. I've now got a decent roster of characters (5* Marth, Robin, Camilla and Tiki, plus a 3* Wrys), but not entirely sure where to go from here. I might just decide I've 'beaten' the game and move on... or maybe I'll run through the harder difficulties.

Still, while I didn't so much mind the high stamina costs of the end game levels, the thought of plowing through nine chapters of 10+ stamina levels sounds... unexciting. Is there anything else I'm missing, postgame-wise?

And how do you grind for orbs? It looks like in theory if I beat all the missions on all the difficulty there'll be no more ways to get them?

btkadams

Upgrade my Sharon and Anna into 4 stars. Good investment so far seeing as those two will definitely be necessary for event specific missions or campaigns bonus in the future.

They're also pretty good units, unlike Alfonse.

Down to 6,000 feathers, will be back up to 8,000 after Arena ends tomorrow.
Wait how did you get so many feathers?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fem Corrin doesn't come in 5* as a base... so if you really fought one that means that someone out there farmed 20,000 feathers to upgrade her.

She is top tier though even as a 4*.

Yeah she was 5 star had her 5 star skills was a nightmare to take care of

Shun

But I haven't spent 3 digits yet! Only 2.

Yeah, it's rather glitched or the description is wrong.

The description is that you can heal from two spaces away rather than right next to it.

Not that it heals every person adjacent to the subject you're healing.

Omnicent

The description is that you can heal from two spaces away rather than right next to it.

Not that it heals every person adjacent to the subject you're healing.

Uhh no, to quote:
Physic
Rng 2
Restores 8 HP to target and all allies within 2 spaces of target.

I would not need to specify allies within 2 spaces of target if it only heals your target. So either it is a typo, or it is not working correctly.

Cerium

ok what should I do for starting ?

You can reroll as much as you like if you want to guarantee a 5* character to start with. You do not have to do this, however.

REROLL GUIDE (should you want to, you don't have to):

Don't link your account when it asks.

1. Play the tutorial and the three prologue missions. You'll have 18 orbs.
2. Go to the main screen and click the owl. You'll get 2 more orbs. You have 20.
3. Summon all five units, using 20 orbs.
4. If you like the units, great. Link your account and continue to play.
5. If you don't, either:
---- Android/iOS: Delete the game.
---- Rooted Android: File navigation to data/data/com.nintendo~/ and delete the shared_prefs folder. You only will have to re-download 0.1 MB.
6. Repeat 1-5.

If you decide to reroll, reroll for either your favorite character or a 5*. Please don't shit up the thread with 'is this a good roll?'. If you want to show off, fine, but the last 10+ pages are 'omg is this good?' and people have legit questions that have legit answers. We are early in the game. No one knows what's good or bad.

If you do link your account on accident, go into MISC, Account Management, Delete Data.

Shun

The wording indicates AoE healing.
Uhh no, to quote:
Physic
Rng 2
Restores 8 HP to target and all allies within 2 spaces of target.

I would not need to specify allies within 2 spaces of target. So either it is a typo, or it is not working correctly.

That's a mistranslation/mislocalization in English vs the Japanese description of the skill.

It just says, Heal 8 HP, Range 2.

The actual skill in the Fire Emblem series never healed multiple units at once so I don't know why it would be different here.

So no, there is no AoE healing, except for Tiki when she kills an enemy and heals all the adjacent members around her.

Everyone with this skill allows you to heal away form range of 2 spaces instead of right next to the unit, at the cost of healing 2 less HP.

That's a mistranslation/mislocalization in English vs the Japanese description of the skill.

The actual skill in the Fire Emblem series never healed multiple units at once so I don't know why it would be different here.

So no, there is no AoE healing, except for Tiki when she kills an enemy and heals all the adjacent members around her.

Everyone with this skill allows you to heal away form range of 2 spaces instead of right next to the unit, at the cost of healing 2 less HP.
I assumed it was a typo, but I'm just going by what it says in the game.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the fix.

Vecks

That's kind of odd that specifies the range twice in the Japanese, once in the normal location and again in the description. Every other ranged move doesn't need that clarification, so I wonder why they did that.

Help, gaf. What would you do? I have a sexy 5* Sheena currently level 17 with 204 SP. I can spend on one of these right now;
Escutcheon: Special trigger which reduces damage from adjacent attacks by 30% (which she's already learned but this one takes the countdown from 3 to 2, making it basically automatic and constant because she already knew killer axe+1 when summoned which reduces the special cooldown timer by 1 when attacking)

or

Svalinn Shield which neautralizes all 'effective against' bonuses. Would be the A skill, and constant

i mean she already activates the 30% damage reduction very quickly, which often fully negates any damage done by red dudes, and the shield would negate all super effective damage boosts, ranged or adjacent. ugh

thanks!

reiterated for a new page. please tell me, gaf, is there an obvious choice I'm missing that will be far more beneficial in the late game grind?

Played this for a couple hours today, it gets really boring after a while, I think its the small scale of the game. The 4 party members and the tiny map brings the game down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom