• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quonny

So 7th Stratum gives Great Verdant Badges (3 per fight). Does this mean that I can evolve my unit without Feathers?

Screenshot_20170205-152024.png
Need both.

Very nice. Also you get points if your team successfully defends against another player. I had one successful defence and got 199 points. You can check this on the check results page.

Yah saw that, do they only show up if you win? Otherwise only 2 defense since game came out seems quite low (I only have 2).

ggx2ac

That is all.

This is where I mentioned that using Armoured units with heavy defense could easily take on Takumi, even 4 of them.

Draug, Effie, Hector come to mind. Just throw a healer along and it should be easy taking him out.

Sölf;229749607 said:
Well, my rank dropped to below 90k. I am pretty sure I won't rank anything this weeks, lol.

Then again, I now know how the system works, so I will do it differently next week.

I was around 700 and now at rank 848. If I drop any further my reward for the ranking part might go from 3000 feathers to 2500.

Man it's the biggest kick in the nuts when a summoning movie starts to play and then it turns out to be 3* Robin.

Yes, same thing happened to me. Then the next character I summoned was another 3* Robin. Then, no-joke, the fifth character of that same set ended up being 5* Robin. Bizarre game sometimes.

MicH

I agree completely with what was said in regards to the story on the previous page. I didn't expect much but this story is literally worthless. Once you've beaten the first chapter youve pretty much seen everything. The other 8 chapters are just variations of that chapter story wise. Disappointing

Rixa

The gatcha feeling.

'Maybe I can circumvent this bullshit'

'Actually, you need to do that bullshit and even more bullshit'

So true. It doesn't help that the screen shows both items as "Use" so one can easily think you need only another one.

Gotchaye

Is Galeforce actually good? I see people really excited about it on Lyn and Cordelia but if I'm understanding right (I don't have a hero with it) to actually use it you have to attack one enemy (2-3 ticks), get attacked (2-3 ticks) and attack something again. If you get hit once by a bow or mage instead of getting attacked in melee then it doesn't work - you'll still need a tick. Then you get a free action. I've been using Lucina and this is a pretty rare situation. These characters aren't tanks, and if you're attacking the things they should be attacking they're probably killing something every time. After Lucina's attacked twice and been attacked once, either she's dead or the battle's almost over.

Maybe with Cordelia you can pull it off a bit faster. I don't have a character with a Brave weapon but if you're fast enough do you get 4 attacks? If she doesn't kill her target until the last attack then this would charge it in 1 round.

Cerium

Come at me bros.

pkapnp6.png

Is Galeforce actually good? I see people really excited about it on Lyn and Cordelia but if I'm understanding right (I don't have a hero with it) to actually use it you have to attack one enemy (2-3 ticks), get attacked (2-3 ticks) and attack something again. If you get hit once by a bow or mage instead of getting attacked in melee then it doesn't work - you'll still need a tick. Then you get a free action. I've been using Lucina and this is a pretty rare situation. These characters aren't tanks, and if you're attacking the things they should be attacking they're probably killing something every time. After Lucina's attacked twice and been attacked once, either she's dead or the battle's almost over.

Maybe with Cordelia you can pull it off a bit faster. I don't have a character with a Brave weapon but if you're fast enough do you get 4 attacks? If she doesn't kill her target until the last attack then this would charge it in 1 round.

Galeforce is the single most overpowered skill in Fire Emblem. Usually you use it to pick off a vulnerable or weakened enemy and then either retreat to safety or hit something else. Either way, it's essentially an extra turn for an already powerful unit, which is absurdly useful.

Uthred

In any case, the difference in stats between the same character, at maximum level, will only be a few differing stat points. Honestly, it kind of had to be this way, since real money is involved. They couldn't very well leave it entirely up to RNG, as people are "whaling" specifically for characters. If they had to battle RNG once in getting the characters, and again in hoping they get the ideal stat growth, that would be an unnecessary headache.

It's been a while but was that how that shit show Phantom of Kill did it? I recall re-rolling was an absolute pain because you didnt just want the right character you wanted the right character with the right attribute

Rixa

Re-read my post. I'm poised to get 2000, I need 10,000 to make Camilla 5*. These feathers are painfully rare.

Don't you need 20000 though? Do feather requirements differ for certain characters?

4* to 5* is 20k though?

Yeah I asked cause, atleast all of my 4* need 20k Feathers, see this:

Screenshot_20170205-152024.png

You're right. That's even more depressing. You only get feathers from battlegrounds?
Friend give few per day and you get some from Sending units (selling), but not much.

Gotchaye

Galeforce is the single most overpowered skill in Fire Emblem. Usually you use it to pick off a vulnerable or weakened enemy and then either retreat to safety or hit something else. Either way, it's essentially an extra turn for an already powerful unit, which is absurdly useful.

I can't tell if you're talking about a regular Fire Emblem game or Fire Emblem Heroes. I completely agree wrt regular FE. My breeding program in Awakening was basically built around giving Galeforce to as many people as possible.

But in Fire Emblem Heroes my experience is that my Lucina would basically never have gotten any use out of Galeforce even if she had it. It matters a lot that it can't trigger until after 5 blows are exchanged, which is a minimum of two combats, and then it only actually does something after the third combat. Typically my Lucina attacks twice and at that point either everything is dead or I'm doomed.

Firemind

Astra and Galeforce both have their pros and cons, but Galeforce shines when your opponent has a cleric with attacks that slow your movement or decrease your attack. Not all fights are won in two or three turns. It depends on the map as well as some maps have clear chokepoints.

The real synergy is Galeforce and the Sol Katti. When you're at or below 50% HP, you will double attack before they can get off an attack, which usually kills them and sometimes triggers Galeforce. In this scenario, it's possible to KO two enemy units without getting counterattacked. You just have to plan ahead with your storages. For that reason, I prefer Galeforce over Astra.

nubbe

Re-read my post. I'm poised to get 2000, I need 10,000 to make Camilla 5*. These feathers are painfully rare.

The game just released and the feather is wall to ensure people don't progress too fast
Feathers will surely become more common down the road when more content is released

and be replace by some other are currency stop gap

elty

Got a 5* Kagero... she look kind of useless. Seriously a 5 mt best weapon? Skill that only works when > 50% HP AND against a dagger user?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
What's the consensus on the game play here? Somewhere between Awakening, Birthright, and Conquest? And I'm guessing there is no perma death here, right?

I did the tutorial mission yesterday. It seems okay.

Gotchaye

Got a 5* Kagero... she look kind of useless. Seriously a 5 mt best weapon? Skill that only works when > 50% HP AND against a dagger user?

She gets +50% attack against anything that moves two tiles per turn and doesn't fly.

What's the consensus on the game play here? Somewhere between Awakening, Birthright, and Conquest? And I'm guessing there is no perma death here, right?

Between?

How do you even set up your defense team?

It's your leftmost team slot.

Finally got my first 5star and wow do they make a difference. Lyn is a literal killer, no one can take her atm. A step above the rest of my team who are 3star weaklings.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Uh, this is not even remotely close to anything from the main series, even the ones like Awakening that are busted on a basic systems level. Heroes is just a character progression/grind game.

vareon

It's more a mobile RPG with Fire Emblem flavor than a Fire Emblem for mobile, if that makes any sense.

I've faced her in arena, she actually does a lot of damage since her weapon is effective against infantry which is pretty much 75% of the characters. She hit one of my characters for 22 damage and I didn't expect than when I was looking at her attack rating until I glanced at the weapon. Also if you don't kill her in one turn her special will come up, and iirc it is retribution.

kswiston

Nah, Kagero is awesome. She is perfect for softening up other characters so my melee heroes can kill them safely without damage. Mine is level 27 and can hold her own against units in the low 30s. I also only have a 4star version. The only drawback is that she's a bit of a glass cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom