• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do you do if you have, 2 same unit as 5*? What's the best thing to do.

For now probably best to use both - but once they no longer fit into teams then merge after comparing stats.

Bamboo 竹;229757085 said:
Anyone knows why the childs of Awakening (except Lucina) and Fates are missing eventhough the parents can be obtained?

I got no idea about FE but gatcha logic suggest they will be added later.

Nah that's the gacha way. Events and wallet digging keeps this genre chugging.

Is thi your first Gacha? The game is in a better shape than any other other one on its fourth day. Future updates will shape the economy appropriately.
I've played multiple, but I've literally never had the problem of not being able to do stuff because I have no actual way to get a proper amount of things like wings (I can't fucking believe you need 20,000 to raise a 4 star character) and the level up crystals. If there was an effective way to grind then it'd be less of a problem, but that's near impossible here.I don't know, maybe I'm just a bit worried since it's their first go at a mobage game. FE's popularity can only carry it so far.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
For people worried about feathers, arena actually pays out feathers in 3 categories
7YWaCMx.jpg

I didn't notice this so I thought it was super slow and crappy. This is very reasonable

Draxal

Bamboo 竹;229757085 said:
Anyone knows why the childs of Awakening (except Lucina) and Fates are missing eventhough the parents can be obtained?

Because they don't put everything in all at once.

For people worried about feathers, arena actually pays out feathers in 3 categories
7YWaCMx.jpg

I didn't notice this so I thought it was super slow and crappy. This is very reasonable

You can also get feathers by dismissing duplicates, though I don't know if that's a good idea or not. Sure wish I'd known before randomly fusing 3* characters I didn't want, though...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You can also get feathers by dismissing duplicates, though I don't know if that's a good idea or not. Sure wish I'd known before randomly fusing 3* characters I didn't want, though...

That's fine for getting a 1 to a 4 star but that's way too slow/expensive of a rate to get a 4 to 5

Ala Alba

I don't know if I agree.

The people at the top of those lists will be people who already have a lot of 5* characters. It's just another case of the stronger players getting stronger.

Unlucky players who don't already have good 5* characters will still probably be waiting months to get enough feathers to make a single 5*.

Quonny

I don't know if I agree.

The people at the top of those lists will be people who already have a lot of 5* characters. It's just another case of the stronger players getting stronger.

Unlucky players who don't already have good 5* characters will still probably be waiting months to get enough feathers to make a single 5*.
I mean, that's how it always works.

Besides, we don't know how arena tiers work. If whales go up in tiers but the rewards don't go up substantially it will balance out somewhat. Whales v whales for slightly better prizes while us scrubs fight against each other for slightly lesser prizes. Being in the middle of a low tier could give more rewards than being at the bottom of a higher tier.

Draxal

I mean, that's how it always works.

Besides, we don't know how arena tiers work. If whales go up in tiers but the rewards don't go up substantially it will balance out somewhat. Whales v whales for slightly better prizes while us scrubs fight against each other for slightly lesser prizes. Being in the middle of a low tier could give more rewards than being at the bottom of a higher tier.

I whale a bit, but i'm getting devoured by the true whales atm.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't know if I agree.

Even if you get in the top 50,000 you still get 1000 feathers from rank alone

Hm, maybe they should force a star limit so non-whales can stand a chance. 4-stars and under only, maybe? Or 1 5-star max (because everyone should at least have 1 of those if you do a few re-rolls and aim for Focus)?

Syntsui

I've played multiple, but I've literally never had the problem of not being able to do stuff because I have no actual way to get a proper amount of things like wings (I can't fucking believe you need 20,000 to raise a 4 star character) and the level up crystals. If there was an effective way to grind then it'd be less of a problem, but that's near impossible here.I don't know, maybe I'm just a bit worried since it's their first go at a mobage game. FE's popularity can only carry it so far.

I agree that those requirements are absolutely out ofthis world.But I have faith future events will make them trivial. No other game I can think right now, let you maximize your character on the fourth day of its life without heavy spending, that's way I see no reason to freak out for now.

I'll give them one month to give us a good idea on how they will balance things out,at least initially. Considering DeNa helped develop it, I have faith this game will have a very bright and consumer-friendly future.

Quonny

Hm? Tiers? Sorry, I haven't actually had a chance to see the arena stuff personally as I'm in re-roll hell. >.>
If you score high enough you get bumped up a tier and thus will face people in your tier.

So whales and other strong people will constantly go up and face each other while the plebs and unlucky face each other. Since this is the first week everyone is together.

If you score high enough you get bumped up a tier and thus will face people in your tier.

So whales and other strong people will constantly go up and face each other while the plebs and unlucky face each other. Since this is the first week everyone is together.

Ah, I see.

Quonny

What is the point of colorless heroes? Are they just equally strong/weak against everyone?
Kinda. They're color agnostic but not 'class' agnostic.

Archers are good against flying units, no matter the color. Ninjas are good against Mages, no matter the color.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Need help to make a team

5* Leo (red horse mage)
5* Hinoka (blue fly lance)
5* Tiki (red dragon)
4* Corrin F (blue dragon)

Could give this a shot, be careful of marth/crom/lucinia though.

The positives of this team is it handles how strong armor units are very well

sibarraz

Banned
Can you cancel the 5 rolls when you realize that you willnt get the colors that you want?

If you cant, Is worthy to roll 1 and cancel the 4 that are left?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sadly i didnt have much time to play the game this Weekend - hope i can get some more time in later before going to bed.

How many Story Chapter are there ? I just reached Chapter 9 and its getting a bit tougher, though i have a solid crew.

Also whats the most effective way to level up your units once you hit level 20 ? Also anyone attempting to level/evolve Robin 3* ? Is it worth it ? Havent even looked into what is needed to get him to Rank 5.
Can you cancel the 5 rolls when you realize that you willnt get the colors that you want?

Yeah, you cant get out once confirmed...if you dont need the other colors its better to limit your loss. Just pull once and try again once you are back at 20 stones.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I single rolled twice because I wanted only a specific color. If you are just starting I don't think it's that great, but if you are trying to get a good unit of a specific atribute and you dont mind the higher exchange rate go for it.

When I did this with 10 orbs I pulled a 5 star m.corrin and Lyn xD

onionfrog

Close the app and restart your device. If that doesn't do it, then yeah, delete the app, redownload, and relink your Nintendo account.
Uninstalled, but now the play store says my device is not compatible.

Nintendo pls! I've been playing with no issues all weekend long prior to this!

I'm gonna try to manually install the Apk and see if that works. If not I guess I'm done playing the game.

I've been rerolling for four days straight and I'm so tired of it all, I just want to start playing damn it :(

To make things worse, on my 5th reroll I happened to get a 5* Takumi... But he wasn't an SS unit on the Altema ranking at the time and I haven't played Fates, so I kept going. If only I had known...

Anyway, I just rolled 5 4*s: Camilla, Sheena, Eliwood, Jakob and someone else. Is this a good roll even though I got no 5*? Should I keep going? I don't intend to do too much PvP so I guess that it doesn't matter that much, but hey, I want to get at least a 9/10 initial roll...

zoukka

I've been rerolling for four days straight and I'm so tired of it all, I just want to start playing damn it :(

To make things worse, on my 5th reroll I happened to get a 5* Takumi... But he wasn't an SS unit on the Altema ranking at the time and I haven't played Fates, so I kept going. If only I had known...

Anyway, I just rolled 5 4*s: Camilla, Sheena, Eliwood, Jakob and someone else. Is this a good roll even though I got no 5*? Should I keep going? I don't intend to do too much PvP so I guess that it doesn't matter that much, but hey, I want to get at least a 9/10 initial roll...

madness

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

LOL you didn't check out their skills on the summon screen? The close counter skill insta screams bullshit :D

Omnicent

This is where I mentioned that using Armoured units with heavy defense could easily take on Takumi, even 4 of them.

Draug, Effie, Hector come to mind. Just throw a healer along and it should be easy taking him out.

I was around 700 and now at rank 848. If I drop any further my reward for the ranking part might go from 3000 feathers to 2500.

I just use gordin or setsuna vs takumi (gordin i find more consistent since he just out rights kill you and he has vantage, so he still kills you. Just keep him out of melee range). people sleeping on that brave bow wielder.

Hubb

Even if you get in the top 50,000 you still get 1000 feathers from rank alone

For most people even getting into the top 50k is tough with the amount of people playing right now. That and 1000 feathers a week isn't that much. The average f2p player is looking to pull around 2100 feathers a week. Game is still young though, may be other ways to earn feathers in the future.

Firemind

For most people even getting into the top 50k is tough with the amount of people playing right now. That and 1000 feathers a week isn't that much. The average f2p player is looking to pull around 2100 feathers a week. Game is still young though, may be other ways to earn feathers in the future.
I did a 7 streak on hard and I'm in the top 2000.

lt519

Characters lose the experience/levels they won if they die during battle.

Hmm, I suppose that could be it, seems like I just rolled over a level barely, then the next battle the exp was as if I had rolled over but didn't gain the level. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

Totakeke

So about Odin and the Blarblade that could make up for his mediocre attack stat.

Before buffs
h4zGtdz.png

V8H1kFM.png

After buffs
pxMxWnG.png

S6h4Eeu.png

It works by totaling the buff stats Odin receives and adding it onto his attack. For example Hana has a rally +4 atk buff. To Odin that's a +4 default atk buff plus another +4 atk to him, becoming +8 atk. Caeda's +4 rally speed also gives him another +4 attack. That means you could potentially buff him to be a OHKO monster. Unfortunately I missed that Odin was blue and attacking into a green so the math above looks a bit off.
Also same attack buffs don't stack. You can't even trigger rally attack twice on the same unit, and Lissa's +4 atk buff didn't add to Hina's +4 rally atk.

Interestingly Odin also has Defiant Atk passive skill, which gives him Atk +7 if he has less than 50% hp at 5*. That means that alone can give him +14 attack which seems pretty crazy. And then he also has a special skill which resolves combat as if the enemy has 30% less def/res. Stack that up and it can get pretty insane.

But... he probably still sucks because his stats sucks. It was pretty difficult to even level him up to get his Blarblade skill at 3* because he was barely denting enemies. His def and res is also mediocre which means getting him to stay at <= 50% hp isn't that easy. Maybe he has specialized use cases where he can OHKO a big boss.

kewlmyc

Bamboo &#31481;;229757085 said:

Odin, Selena, and Laslow are in the game though. :p

Also is it possible to unlock every 5*' character's skill? Asking mostly because I'm trying to unlock Galeforce for Lyn and Cordelia and its behind a 700 SP wall (200 for Astra and then 500 for Galeforce).

So far my strongest units are:

5 star Takumi
5 star Tiki
5 star Chrom
4 star MCorrin

I'm tempted to roll and get some more blue and green units, but I think it might be better to wait until top tier blue and green units are featured in the banner. I gave up accounts with Lyn and Roy because I really wanted Takumi, so I chased Lyn on this account a bit and was unsuccessful.

Kettch

Is it possible that they'll add lower rarity options for base 5* units in the future? I'm wondering because of the weaker weapons that they all come with. Those seem entirely pointless otherwise, since they start with their best weapon already at 5*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom