• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So far my strongest units are:

5 star Takumi
5 star Tiki
5 star Chrom
4 star MCorrin

I'm tempted to roll and get some more blue and green units, but I think it might be better to wait until top tier blue and green units are featured in the banner. I gave up accounts with Lyn and Roy because I really wanted Takumi, so I chased Lyn on this account a bit and was unsuccessful.

Very solid setup - waiting sounds about right, since you will likely have to spend a bunch of orbs until you get a unit that is good enough to replace one in your team.

Do you have a healer ?I have 5* Sakura...but she is kinda lackluster lol.

Is it possible that they'll add lower rarity options for base 5* units in the future? I'm wondering because of the weaker weapons that they all come with. Those seem entirely pointless otherwise, since they start with their best weapon already at 5*.

Chances are they will have event versions. With different setups

They already data mined Christmas Robin and tharja

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Btw, I could use some friends on this game. My ID is 6561206380 if folks want to add me.

So are the feather upgrade costs just powers of 10?

1->2 - 20
2->3 - 200
3->4 - 2K
4->5 - 20K (this I know for sure)

nacimento

I hope they add bad guys as heroes as well soon.

And Lyn is ridiculously strong, so much better than my 5-star Raven and even better then Takumi.

cw_sasuke

Is it possible that they'll add lower rarity options for base 5* units in the future? I'm wondering because of the weaker weapons that they all come with. Those seem entirely pointless otherwise, since they start with their best weapon already at 5*.

Very unlikely - the low ranking weapons are just to showoff how OP they are from the get go. While 3* and 4* have to work their way up lawl.

So yeah unless you are talking about different seasonal/event version - dont expect to get a higher rarity Lucina that can be evolved into the current 5* base unit feature on the Heroes Banner.

Can I finally start the game? :p

ghZyHat.jpg

Ossom

Lvl 40 armor units are so strong.

Even with a lvl 40 chrom with 4+ damage against an axe heavy armor user does almost no damage...

I need to rethink my team

Currently team is

5* camilla lvl 40
5* chrom lvl 40
5* Lyn lvl 40
4* lissia lvl 30

I need to add an armor unit and and mage/buffer unit

Is 40 the cap? Have you had to spend money to get there?

Mugaaz

The only time I like having Roy is vs Armor units. Even if he kills himself against them, he can lower their defense by 7 which allows my other units to kill them.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I dunno how Hector isn't the best character in the game. He's silly. Attacking him is basically an automatic death for that character. You aren't going to kill him and he counters everything.

You can beat him of course but you need specific units to do it.

Draxal

I dunno how Hector isn't the best character in the game. He's silly. Attacking him is basically an automatic death for that character. You aren't going to kill him and he counters everything.

You can beat him of course but you need specific units to do it.

Not enough to of them in circulation. The fact that two hectors buff each other a good amount doesn't help at all either.

Very solid setup - waiting sounds about right, since you will likely have to spend a bunch of orbs until you get a unit that is good enough to replace one in your team.

Do you have a healer ?I have 5* Sakura...but she is kinda lackluster lol.
I actually use Cherche instead of Corrin just so I don't have four reds on the team. The only reason I'd roll now is to try to get Lyn, but I think it's a better bet to wait until a blue or green is featured. Or even Ryoma or Leo. I don't know, the more I think about it, the more I'm tempted to roll.

I probably have some cheap 3 star healer that I don't know about, but otherwise, I haven't used any healer unless you count Tiki's skill.

Hubb

I did a 7 streak on hard and I'm in the top 2000.

Then you are doing better than the average. Only 1999~ people are above you, that means a lot of people are below you. I'd say the average f2p player isn't going to do a 7 win streak on hard. And if they did, they wouldn't all get into the top 2k.

Then you are doing better than the average. Only 1999~ people are above you, that means a lot of people are below you. I'd say the average f2p player isn't going to do a 7 win streak on hard. And if they did, they wouldn't all get into the top 2k.
Yup, I did 7 win streak on advanced with 2 of the featured characters and only got rank 12000.

Kireek

Despite having two 5 stars (Camilla and Lyn) I haven't even been able to maintain a win streak on the easiest arena setting. I keep getting put up against people with 3 or 4 five star units

Quonny

Thinking it might be a more worthwhile venture to get some of my 3* units to 4* first to fill some gaps, counter some potential future events, and to have in case they're the bonus units for the week. Can take 10 of my 3* to 4* in the same time it takes to get one 4* to 5*.

mstevens

I picked up a Takumi, so I'm going through and leveling him, 4* Robin, and a healer (all of the holes in my original party). My first team was really powerful, but this is a totally different experience with access to good long raged units. These maps are almost made for them.

Despite having two 5 stars (Camilla and Lyn) I haven't even been able to maintain a win streak on the easiest arena setting. I keep getting put up against people with 3 or 4 five star units

Has anyone figured out how they decide who is considered beginner/intermediate/lunatic? There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it.

zelhawks37

Needed a decent axe user and got Bartre. I'll take it, but Hector would have been nice. Cost me 20 orbs since I kept getting reds and grays.

Hyoukokun

I've been scraping by arena wins with my 3 five-star units in the easiest setting. Can't imagine how badly I'd get creamed in the intermediate difficulty level.

I realize that this game is designed to be very deterministic (no accuracy, no critical hits), but it seems too easy to get stuck in a situation where there's just 2 characters left dealing little / no damage to each other. Having criticals pop up as a tie-breaker seems like it would be a good idea.

Pulled a 5* Camilla and now I have my axe user. I think I have my team set with Tiki, Nowi, Lucina, and Camilla. I don't have a healer, so I have to play it safely. If I pull a 5* mage or Takumi, I'll probably replace one of the two dragons.

Firemind

I didn't spend money, didn't do any rerolls, I only use one 5* and they're all in the low 30s.

git gud son

mstevens

This 0 damage bullshit has got to stop. I have 3 characters alive right now against one tank. I have to just surrender because I can't hurt it.

What a waste of stamina.

cw_sasuke

I actually use Cherche instead of Corrin just so I don't have four reds on the team. The only reason I'd roll now is to try to get Lyn, but I think it's a better bet to wait until a blue or green is featured. Or even Ryoma or Leo. I don't know, the more I think about it, the more I'm tempted to roll.

I probably have some cheap 3 star healer that I don't know about, but otherwise, I haven't used any healer unless you count Tiki's skill.

Yeah that makes sense - Lynn is great but with 5* Chrom and Tiki the improvement is limited...well and she is quite rare,

The current Banner will still be up for a while...so may wait and see how many stones you can farm the next couple days and then decide how much you wanna invest in Lynn or another Top Tier unit.
Has anyone figured out how they decide who is considered beginner/intermediate/lunatic? There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it.

There are probably just a bunch of people with kickass unit that havent even tried Arena Duels yet and have a low ranking - beginner right now means that you will likely end up fighting someone with at least 1-2 base 5* lol.

Let's pull....please be camilla....first pull...Camilla 4*. NICE
Second pull...Hector 5*...NICE?
Third and fourth shit and then 4* Abel, pretty satisfied

edit: I saw now a tier list, it's basically a 1-2 tier team holy shit

audio_delay

Neo Member
This 0 damage bullshit has got to stop. I have 3 characters alive right now against one tank. I have to just surrender because I can't hurt it.

What a waste of stamina.

Same. I had to find and level up another character with armourslayer, which took a while...

lt519

Man gacha RNG sucks, in my last 40 orbs I've gotten 9 3-star and 1 4-star. Almost through hard mode, so running out of free sources of orbs.

Probably should have re-rolled the beginning of the game, I've only got one 5+ and no 5 regs. Can you even get 5 regs? Completed at least 5 whole boards (1 out of 25 makes sense for 5+).

Same. I had to find and level up another character with armourslayer, which took a while...

Magic works well, I basically took Barte with a Hammer out of my rotation in favor of Sophia and Robin.

mstevens

Yeah. The problem is, it doesn't show you what kind of units are in the map before you go in. I even had a unit in my team that can kill it, but she died killing the other two.

0 damage shouldn't be a thing, Hell, if they even did 1 damage I'd be able to do something about the guy.

JaceR

Is 40 the cap? Have you had to spend money to get there?

Looks like it.. but now it looks like you can level up 10 times more by fusing another 5*........ Ain't nobody got time for that lol

I only spend money to get my initial team.... The rest was grinding. Just need to finish chapter 8 and 9 on lunatic

Got pretty lucky from pulls and have my team for the short term:
5* Lyn
5* Camilla
5* Lilina
5* Linde

Basically a glass canon build but with Lyn's spur speed Camilla almost always attacks 4 times if she initiates.

FeD.nL

Man gacha RNG sucks, in my last 40 orbs I've gotten 9 3-star and 1 4-star. Almost through hard mode, so running out of free sources of orbs.

Probably should have re-rolled the beginning of the game, I've only got one 5+ and no 5 regs. Can you even get 5 regs? Completed at least 5 whole boards (1 out of 25 makes sense for 5+).

Magic works well, I basically took Barte with a Hammer out of my rotation in favor of Sophia and Robin.

All From the same focus/set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom